Silver

You owe me NOTHING

Chapter Two: Silver


Hye Jin finished showering. She washed her kendo uniform. She'd gone down to a store nearby to buy her favourite bibimbap – and she was ready to enjoy her dinner watching one of those music TV shows. Her favourite idols would be making a comeback tonight.

Later on she had every intention to do her homework (but really it wasn’t due for a few more days so she’d probably just go on the internet and forget about it).

Times like these she believed she was just your everyday university student.

And yet, she couldn’t taste anything in . Not the small pieces of beef, not the egg she’d broken through the rice, not the caramelised onions. 

Even though she didn’t want to, she kept catching herself looking absently looking at the clock. It was only 7.55pm.

‘Damn it. If you were going to act this way…’ she scolded herself, resisting the urge to glance at the folder that was sitting discarded in her bin. The folder that told her that Sehun was frequenting a club that was run by the Superior and for some reason he was now a target.

Vampires were now accepted as part of society, since a treaty in 1965, and there had been no incidents relating to vampires attacking humans for the good part of 40 years. That was until 10 years ago with the sudden emergence of Superior, a clan of vampires who still believed they were a master race. They believed in converting strong humans into vampires, while killing those who refused to fall into line or were considered to be in their way (Hye Jin was unsure which of these two categories Sehun was going to fall under).

The League of Vampire Hunters, which became  defunct 10 years after the treaty, were suddenly called into existence again and Hye Jin was one of them. 

So as not to elicit fear in the normal humans, all the battles were happening underground. Any deaths of well-known vampires turned rogue and put to death by the League were attributed to other things such as car accidents and health incidents. Killing vampires and protecting the innocent were part of her daily life.

But you’re basically putting an innocent man to death, regardless of whether they convert him or kill him.

Hye Jin looked at her forearms, where unnecessarily heavy handed blows had caused bruises on her skin, pretty impressive considering she was wearing the necessary armour. She cast a glance at the shoes that were at her door, the red spot was too far to see but she knew it would be there.

But still, she found herself jittery.

‘Fine, I’ll go,’ she looked regretfully at the tv where her favourite band was being introduced.

She was halfway dressed in her black clothes and was about to reach for her katana from where she stored it under her bed (how original) before thinking twice.. It was unlikely she was going to be allowed to get into a club with a massive weapon. They weren’t idiots.

She sighed, opening her closet to find the shiniest outfit she could muster up. The silver colour of a cocktail dress seemed to be fitting, a vampire’s weakness. 

She just hoped she wouldn’t be too late.

+++

The club was thumping.

Oh Sehun was in a horrible mood. Kendo trainings were no longer fun for him. At least not when he saw that girl’s expressionless face. Han Hye Jin. She just took what he dished out, but although her look was fierce—her eyes just looked a little dead. 

And it really disturbed him.

At first it was all part of the normal club hazing, making things difficult for first years attempting to join the club, by putting them through their paces. Those who lasted through would be accepted into the fold and deemed worthy.

But she pissed him off. She had done it all without so much a sign of weakness, and she was picking off points on him, causing even their sunbaes- - some he couldn't even impress himself- to be in awe. 

And when he started toying with her out of training, wanting to get a reaction out of her, she barely even raised an eyebrow let alone her voice. 

He wanted to break her, mostly out of curiosity.

‘You’re one sadistic bastard,’ the girl on his lap laughed, ‘I like you.’

Sehun decided he was done thinking of her and closed his eyes and rested his head backwards. He could feel the girl’s persistent lips on his neck and collarbone and felt her nip him. It wasn’t really his cup of tea but he just let her do what she want. 

The second time it happened though it was a lot harder and sharper and caused such a pain that he immediately shoved her away, causing her to stumble to the ground, catching some cups (thankfully not glass) with her. 

‘What the??’ he saw something flash in her eyes before she left the room.

In his drunken haze he could feel himself slowly losing consciousness. He touched his fingers to his neck and felt it come away with blood. Not a lot of blood but enough to know it was more than a playful bite. That !!  

He barely got to his phone and quickly called the last person on his log.  

‘Hello?’

‘Kai… I’m feeling dizzy—can you come and get me?’ But before he could say exactly where he was, he out.

+++ 

Sehun regained consciousness in a black and white room. He looked around at the sterile environment and tried to get his bearings. He couldn’t. It looked unfamiliar although he could just barely make out the gentle doof-doof to know that he was still at the club somewhere.  

His hearing was messed up.

Voices that were near seemed far, and voices that were far seemed near.

As if navigating through a sound tunnel in his head, he tried to concentrate on the next voices nearby.

‘University student.… Kill… Asking…. Han Hye Jin…’

Sehun’s eyes widened (or at least they tried to, it was more likely that they barely flinched because he was starting to feel heavy headed again). All he could concentrate on was the name. Han Hye Jin. It could have been anyone with the same name… but he wasn’t going to take that risk. 

He needed to get back to warn her. He hoped Kai would come soon. 

But for now, he would have another nap.

And with that the world went black again.

 


A/N: Thanks for reading my second chapter. I don’t actually believe anyone is here >sad< but if you are out there and you want more, please drop a line! Thanks, Kei