░ Chapter 8 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: You know I'm just gonna stop apologizing for being late haha You should all just expect it by now but hey did you see VIXX's new Japanese music? I laughed because it looked very Play House-ish ♥ Thank you for the new subscribers and thank you for +1000 views \o/ Slow and steady wins the race but as long as at least one person is enjoying the story that's all that matters~ Last update we met with Hongbin, a Fallen Angel who loves to take pictures. All was well till he looked into Jeanne's eyes and saw what? A memory? Whatever it was was enough to leave both pretty shaken. Come come we still have two more members of the family to meet on this week's The Play House: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Stop watching her Hongbin"

The hairs on the back of Hongbin's neck stood as Jaewhan, silent but deadly, blurred and stood behind him undetected. The fallen Angel smirked and ran his thumb across his lower lip. Hakyeon was right.

Ever since Jaewhan and Wonshik started wearing those collars something about them had changed, especially when the Human was involved.

"I'm not going to harm her Brother so you can stop breathing down my neck."
"Better I breathe down your neck than break it."
"That's a little dark for you isn't it Jaewhan?"

The normally playful and light hearted Demon had been nothing but a brute since Hongbin had first arrived and seemingly frightened Jeanne. He became the Human's shadow. Following her, watching her every movement and making sure none of his Brothers approached her, even Hakyeon.

And Wonshik, well, the overly confident Demon was now constantly sulking since Jeanne had asked them to not be around her that night and he has yet to return.

Jaewhan crossed his arms and narrowed his gaze, his eyes glowing as he peered into his Brother's dark orbs. He sees what he saw, the image of Hongbin, white and dare he say Angelic, but when he tries to further look into the memory it becomes fuzzy and he sees nothing.

Frustrated Jaewhan growls and shakes his head.

"Is someone there?"

The Demons look over as Jeanne calls out quietly and Hongbin bites back a smile. He can hear his Brother's heart. The way it just started to flutter and dance as the Human's voice caressed his ears.

"Leave."

Jaewhan gritted through clenched teeth before blurring away, completely changing his expression from territorial to a smile that could rival the sun's shine.

"It's okay I can do it"

Jeanne smiled and pulled the large card board box that she was carrying away from Jaewhan as he reached for it. Demons never had a shortage of suits it seems, this one all black with a red button up and black tie.

"We like to dress well Jeanne hahaha"
"Oh yeah you can...."
"Read your mind?"
"Stop...."
"That?"

The Demon flashes his fangs in a teasing smile making the girl giggle and nudge him with her hip.

Jeanne was going through the inventory and bringing supplies up to her studio so she could begin to create again. Uncle Chester had informed her that all was going well on his end for the gallery.

Investors were all eager to help once again. Those believing the Demetrus have all vanished were anticipating the great gallery's return and expecting extraordinary things from the Grand Daughter of the man who gave his life to save her.

"Which other ones do you need Jeanne?"
"Those boxes from the top shelf there....Oh Jaewhan please be careful they're full of glass! Oh no!"
"Have a little faith in me would you? I am a Demon after all"

Jaewhan climbed the ladder, laughing at his own joke. Skillfully he grabs the heavy boxes full of acrylic paints and carries them all in a single hand, the tower surpassing the height of his own head and teetering.

He peers down at Jeanne who's looking at him with worried rounded eyes and her hands to her chest. She looked so beautiful, so innocent, and deep down it made him want to do dark things to her, but he shakes his head free of his lustful thoughts and smiles.

"Oops♥"
"Ah!"

Jaewhan tosses the many boxes in the air causing Jeanne to scream and cover her eyes. As they come down from their free fall the Demon blurs around, catching each container swiftly before they hit the floor.

Satisfied with his trick he brushes Jeanne's bangs to the side and places a soft kiss against her forehead. She lowers her hands and looks around at the still clean space and sighs when she sees the pile of boxes at Jaewhan's feet still in one piece.

Gently she pushes the Demon's chest and whines playfully.

"Why must you tease me like that Jaewhan?"
"I've grown very fond of that small smile you give after you have been tricked by me Mistress"

He slips his arm around her waist, pulling Jeanne close and caresses her face with the finger tips of his warm hand. She places her hands on his chest, remembering the advice Hakyeon had told her about a Demon's natural charm.

She hummed softly, closing her eyes and enjoying the feeling of the man's gentle touch. His eyes were so soft as he gazed at her. Dark orbs of wonder, slightly illuminated from her touch and beautiful pale pink lips curled into the most sincere smile.

"Jaewhan....are you purring?"

Jeanne giggled as the Demon looked as though he had snapped out of some sort of trance and was utterly terrified of the sounds erupting from his chest. Tapping his heart he frowned playfully.

"Stop that!"
"I did not know Demons purred. That's so precious. Awww Jaewhan you're blushing."
"Don't mock me Jeanne!"

The loud distraught being was immediately silenced as Jeanne wrapped her arms around him, laying her ear against his heart which was now beating out of control. She could feel his breathing hitch and she dropped her arms and took a step back apologizing.

"I'm sorry! Should I not have done that?"
"Why did you do that?"
"Ummm I...I don't know? I guess I just wanted to. I like hugs actually. They make me feel warm and safe and I've been alone for so long....and I guess the last person I hugged was when I greeted Uncle Chester but that doesn't count...I think...and when you or Wonshik held me it was either being protective or......"

Jeanne's lips were hushed as Jaewhan stepped forward and pressed his mouth against hers, wrapping her up tightly in his embrace till her heart beat matched his.

"Stupid human. I meant why did you let go?"

Jaewhan whispers as he pulls back, his chest rumbling with purs once again as the blushing girl smiles and hugs him back.


"Ummmm Sir Hakyeon?"

Jeanne called out softly to the Demon who was wandering around the halls with his hands clasped behind his back, beautiful dark eyes scanning every aspect of his environment.

He turns to her and he can't help but smirk. The Human never fails to amaze him. She was completely okay with the fact he would wander around at his own free will whether she knew about it or not.

Hakyeon does so hoping to jog any other dormant memories about this strange place. They didn't tell her that this place was familiar, that for what ever reason she was familiar, and they intended to keep it that way.

He blurs to her and she gasps as she walks into his chest, again feeling as though she had collided with a wall. She looks up as he chuckles. Following his eyes she's embarassed he spotted Jaewhan's love bites along her collar and immediately adjusted her blouse to hide them.

"I see you took my advice Pet. Surprised you're still able to stand though hahaha"
"Ummm I.....may I ask why Wonshik hasn't returned? He promised....."

Hakyeon hums, backing Jeanne up against the wall and trapping her in with his arms. He hears her breathing change and his lower lip, eyes darkening with excitement.

"Did you not have your fill yet Love? Already looking for another man tsk tsk tsk. Maybe I can satisfy your needs since Jaewhan failed to do so......"
"You're scaring her Hakyeon and I don't take too lightly to that."

The Leader's lips stilled an inch away from Jeanne's and he chuckled and shook his head. Jaewhan approached, buttoning up his red shirt till it covered his pale bare chest that too were riddled with timid love bites.

Lips swollen, hair side swept and fangs in full view the Demon gently grabbed Jeanne's wrist and pulled her behind him.

"Seems you're forgetting something?"

The tan Demon teased as he adjusted his blazer and Jeanne's eyes widened as Jaewhan's upper torso sparkled and his blazer too had now appeared. Magic was oddly convenient.

"And I thought Wonshik was bad hahaha Why is it okay for you two to play with her but I don't?"
"Because you get off on scaring her and I can't allow that."
"And what are you? Her Guardian? Her servant? Her pet?"
"So what if I am?"

Jaewhan bites back, the two Demons growling at each other so menacingly Jeanne shrunk in size and held on tightly to the back of the black blazer. The feeling of guilt that wasn't his own started to flood Jaewhan's system, the collar gleaming around his neck.

He turns to Jeanne and grabs her hand in his and hushes her.

"Hey hey it's okay."
"You're all Brothers. You, Wonshik, Hongbin, you're all clearly very close but since you've all met me you seem to fight a lot more."
"Family fights Jeanne. This is nothing, happens all the time."
"Not like this. You look like you're ready to attack him at any moment Jaewhan and I don't like it."

He frowns when she frowns. Hakyeon places his hands in his pockets and bends around Jaewhan to Jeanne and he smiles.

"I only tease you Love. It's in my nature to enjoy your fear. It's never my intention to harm you but for some reason Jaewhan and Wonshik can't distinguish if I'm being serious or not anymore. Their territorial instinct kicks in even without their knowledge now so yes I would say this is all your fault."
"Hakyeon"
"What? You want me to lie to the Human and tell her things haven't become strange since meeting her? A little late for that don't you think?"

Jeanne gasps as Hakyeon blurs her down the hall and twirls her around whimsically.

"Why don't you come to our domain Love? I know Wonshik is dying to see you~"

"Can you all please stop doing that"

Jeanne's head whirls as Jaewhan blurs and pulls her back to the opposite end of the hall and furrows his brows.

"That's probably the most terrible idea you've ever had Brother. We shouldn't drag her deeper into our World."
"Maybe that's exactly what we should do. The Human openly accepts the impossible. She's dreamt of places found only in our World and the damned thing can control you and Wonshik! We had a bond as a Coven Jaewhan, I had control over you but now she has you completely under hers and if I'm being honest I despise it. Turning my own men against me and I despise that I too am curious about this creature for some unknown reason and I've been drowning in the unknown since I stumbled upon that stupid Labrynth."

Jaewhan bit his lower lip, sensing the seriousness in Hakyeon's voice. It was very rare their Leader was this worked up about anything. He too wanted answers about the constant waves of nostalgia, the foggy memories, and most of all, why he couldn't be away from Jeanne.

His inner Demon felt chained to her, his will was hers, everything about him belonged to her, a Human, yet he was strangely accepting of this.

"Besides SangHyuk is getting curious and threatening to sneak out to greet the human. Taekwoon doesn't give a damn as always and maybe she can finally pull Wonshik out of this cloud of depression he's been in. It's pitiful."
"You said he was alright Jaewhan. You said he was just training that's why he hasn't returned."
"I'm a Demon Jeanne. I lie."
"Take me to him. Please."
"Jeanne you don't know what you're asking. You want me to willingly take you to a World that is unwelcoming to humans, full of creatures and magic and things that could immediately kill you. Here I am a God but there I'd have a lot more trouble protecting you."
"God! Like I told Wonshik she is not a child that needs to be baby sat! The Human is free to make her own choices. She wants to go to the Demon Realm and who are we deny her of that~?"

Hakyeon blurs and latches onto Jaewhan's arm, pulling him close so he can whisper without Jeanne hearing.

"Your abilities are stronger there too Brother. Maybe we can finally get some answers?"

The Demon looks from his Leader than down at the fragile girl holding onto him.

"Fine. Fine. It seems I won't win. I never do anyway!"
"Well that was easy. She didn't even have to force you against your will like the Pet you are Jaewhan."

Hakyeon snickered and blurred down the hall and out of sight with Jaewhan following after him.

She was going to the Demon Realm? Through the portal in the forest her Grand father had warned her not to venture into? Sanghyuk and Taekwoon? More Demons she would meet, undoubtly just as majestic and deadly as the ones she had already grown accustomed to.

Jeanne ran to the kitchen, grabbing a bag and stuffing it with all the Madeleines she had stocked away in her cabinets hidden away from Jaewhan.

"I'm so sorry Grand Father but I must go. I must see these places that I've dreamt of since I was a child. I want to see what other wonders this new world has! This is so exciting!"

She laughs to herself, shaking her head in disbelief as she's ready to venture into the unknown.

"You are aware that you're not clever by hiding those from me Jeanne? I don't eat them despite this unbearable need to because you ordered me not to. Of all the things you order me to do, stay away from Human guests, lock me away when you go out, this is by far the most cruel"

Jaewhan jokes, beckoning to her with an out stretched hand and Jeanne smiles and trustingly places her hand in his. She gasps as he picks her up bridal style and smiles at her like a child.

"And if I were to order you off a bridge would you still do it?"
"Against my will yes haha I don't think you understand how strong my will to please you is."
"And if I ordered you to not follow my orders?"
"Hahaha I don't think it works that way but nice try"

"Will you two hurry on up! For the love of God!"

Hakyeon calls from the forest impatiently and after switching off the lights leaving the manor completely dark Jeanne is whisked away into the unknown.

She arrives at the glowing bond where she had first met Wonshik, the memory very welcoming in her mind despite the fact he tried to kill her. Jeanne tries to get out of Jaewhan's hold but his embrace only tightens and he shakes his head.

"I can't let you down Jeanne I'm sorry."
"But how will I go through the portal?"
"If you want to go through the portal then you have to remain with me. If you were to jump into that puddle by yourself you'd go nowhere and probably hurt yourself. You need a Demon or to be a Demon to successfully travel to the Realm."
"Fascinating."

The Demons shake their heads at her and Jeanne watches as Hakyeon steps into the glowing water, disappearing under the surface and not returning.

"But the Madeleines will become soggy"
"No they won't I promise."
"Should I hold my breath? We are going under water after all...."
"You are so precious it is actually causing me physical pain Jeanne. Ready?"

Clasping her hands together around Jaewhan's neck Jeanne nods and places her head against his chest, feeling deep down inside this Demon would never let any harm come to her.

The two step into the abyss and as quickly as they disappeared they reappeared in a different forest. Jeanne looked around in awe. Actually it looked like any other forest but something about the atmosphere felt different here.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"
"And where do you think you're going hmmmm?"

Jeanne looked over to where Hakyeon was dragging a young man out from behind the trees with an iron grip. His hair was blond with a black sides, his jaw sharp and his face full of youth as he enjoyed the fact Hakyeon was annoyed.

"Taekwoon told me to get you and Jaewhan for dinner~ Ow! Ow! Ow!"
"Can you at least try to lie better SangHyuk! You know Taekwoon doesn't speak so he wouldn't be telling you anything!"
"Okay okay fine Hongbin told me to get you two.....HEY!"

The young man's dark eyes rounded and fangs elongated as he caught sight of the stranger in his Brother's arms. Expertly he released himself from Hakyeon's hold, obviously escaping often and he blurred over to Jeanne shoving his face into hers as if he couldn't see her until his nose was practically touching hers.

"What the...Move SangHyuk! That's no way to greet a young woman!"

Jaewhan kicked the youngest Demon in the shin and the blonde Demon playfully whined as if really hurt. Jeanne cuddles closer to Jaewhan as Hyuk holds a hand out and it surprised when Jaewhan begins to growl angrily.

"Where the hell are your gloves?"

Hyuk looked down at his bare pale hand and gave his Brother a cheesy apologetic smile. His eyes lit up and leather gloves appeared on both of the young man's hands, giving them a clap and wiggling his fingers to appease Jaewhan.

"Hongbin was right. You and Wonshik are testy when this Human's around. Hello Human! I'm Han Sanghyuk or you can call me Hyukkie! The youngest in the Coven~"
"And the most annoying...."

Hakyeon rolled his eyes as Jeanne got another over exaggerated welcome from another member of his Coven. Hyuk eagerly shook Jeanne's hand ready to bombard her with a million questions but he was pulled away by the collar and being dragged home by his Mother Leader.

"And the most deadly..."

Jaewhan sighed and shook his head. He felt an aggression towards the younger Demon he's never felt before. Because he knew exactly what Sanghyuk was capable of his instinct to protect Jeanne would always be present. He didn't want to hate or hurt his Brother so hopefully by her being here they will learn something new that can calm the Monster inside.

"Why does he need the gloves Jaewhan?"
"Idiot knows he should never have them off. Are you aware of Hongbin's ability Jeanne?"
"He's a Fallen Angel he can steal souls."
"Well despite Hyuk's cute and youthful face he is actually the most dangerous of us all. He's a Reaper Demon. A single touch from him can out your life force, cutting your life span, making you weak and drained and if he holds onto you.....You're dead."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Author Note: Welcome to the Demon Realm! Well almost anyway hahaha We're still in a forest but hey! We get to be with the whole gang soon! One human in a house with six Demons? What could possibly go wrong /o/ ♥