░ Chapter 7 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: I actually meant to continue writing yesterday but....after that update I got a bored spell...and decided to adventure O_O So I cut into the giant jack fruit on our table and got covered in so much sticky substance I was regretting this decision so I yelled at my brother: You're suppose to stop me when I have stupid ideas! D: I could've been writing but nooo I ended up carving giant fruit for an hour haha Moral of the story: Curiousity kicks your ♥ But I want to meet another character this week before I'm satisfied, how about you?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Pet, is there any particular reason my Brothers are still locked away like animals?"
"!"

Startled Jeanne dropped the dry and chipping paint brush to the floor as Hakyeon entered the studio with his arms crossed.

The sun had begun to set, bathing the white room in a warm orange glow that made the tan man look even more breath taking. Dark hair swept up by his blurring, white shirt loose and revealing his chest, and narrowed dark eyes that held no aggression but pure curiousity.

Dare he say it but the human looked radiant in this lighting. White baby doll dress, black leggings, and her caramel hair in a half up do, she almost looked like an Angel, but then that would be insulting to her, for her beauty has far surpassed those Celestial abominations.

Surrounded by empty canvases and other tools for Art the girl looked rather uncomfortable and out of place. She had not noticed him watching her before entering. Her hand was trembling with the brush in her grasp, torn, as if she actually made contact with the blank surface in front of her something horrid would happen.

Jeanne sighs and sinks to her knees to sit on the small stool she used to use as a child to reach the eisel. Hakyeon watches intrigued as she buries her face in her hands and focuses on her breathing, obviously fighting some internal battle he could not see.

"They have to eat Jeanne. That goes for you too. I can smell the hunger off you."

She turns to eye the Demon, then lets her Emerald gaze wander across the floor.

"Could you all....dine else where tonight?"

Hakyeon hums as he hears thrashing about in the cages below, his brothers obviously not amused by her request. Upon their arrival the three had dined together every night. If you called the Demons watching Jeanne eat, dining. 

Once she was finished Wonshik would leave to the Demon Realm to eat, not able to leave without knowing Hakyeon would keep Jaewhan away from Jeanne. Then upon his return the others would leave. Why couldn't they eat with her?

"What happened while I was away Love? Did they do something to upset you?"

Jeanne imagines the killer look in their eyes as Uncle Chester had arrived for a visit. The snarling, the growling, the death threats, she didn't want to imagine what would have happened if they didn't listen to her to lock themselves away. If they didn't obey her.

She flinches as Hakyeon blurs to her side and kneels to her height. He studies her face closely, wondering what was going on in that pretty little head of hers. Wonshik and Jaewhan have spoken about her as if they could honestly sense what she was truely feeling, yet he felt nothing out of the ordinary.

"Did they make you feel uncomfortable? I can't fathom what they could have done to finally spook the human who had welcomed the existance of Demons with open arms hahaha."

His laugh and smile are so bright and care free, a complete contrast to the dark and high strung Demon Hakyeon carries himself to be. It reminds her of the adorable way Jaewhan and Wonshik acted when they were introduced to Madeleines.

Her body heats, her legs rubbing together as she remembers the way the Demons had caressed her. Their lips dancing along her pale sensitive skin then finding her own. Twas not one Demon but two who had touched her so intimately and this left the young woman confused. This was madness.

Sensing the spiking arousal from the girl's body Hakyeon chuckles deeply, his eyes darkening and his fangs elongating. She stills as he brushes the back of his hand down her arm, goosebumps rising under her clothing making him excited.

"It's not your fault Pet. Demons are naturally enchanting, handsome, beautiful, alluring. You can not fight off your attraction to them, it's impossible, especially for a human. This does not make you a Jeanne, a vile being, dirty or disgraceful. But considering it is you that is driving my brothers mad to the point they can't be apart from you, I'd say you are very lucky and quite intriguing....."

Hakyeon whispers, his words dancing whimsically across the surface of Jeanne's lips as he leans his head closer to hers. The thrashing in her chest only adds to his own excitement as his curiousity is begging to be satisfied with a single kiss.

**Stomach Rumble**

The Demon stills and Jeanne stiffens from embarrasment, her hunger audibly making itself known.

"And who said romance was dead?"

He teases, the girl shying away with her hands on her belly and she nods an apology.

A normal human woman would've pounced on him in such a situation despite any circumstances, yet this girl was different. She remained shy, innocent, humble, while around him or his brothers.....it was actually adorable.

She mumbles under her breath and the locks are released in the basement below. The door opens quickly but Wonshik and Jaewhan do not approach her. Hakyeon is thoroughly amused. They looked so pained by not being near the human.

Jaewhan clasps his hands together in front of his face and does a small bow.

"I'm sorry for making you upset Jeanne. Please forgive me!"

Jeanne's eyes look past Jaewhan to where Wonshik stood, face impassive and as he catches her eyes his gaze falls to the floor.

"If it is your wish to be left alone then it can't be helped."

Everyone looks to the berserker Demon in disbelief. Before Jeanne can say anything Wonshik blurs past her, out the doors and into the forest.

"Did....I hurt his feelings?"

There's a slight pang in her chest as she watches the Demon's silhouette vanish. Hakyeon shook his head not wanting to alarm the girl but he knew that his Brother had felt as though his soul had been crushed. How was this possible?

"Jaewhan"

Jeanne calls softly and she gasps as the Demon all too excitedly blurs to her side like a puppy finally seeing their owner after a long day of absense. He places his hands on her knees and looks up at her with beautiful bright eyes.

"Yes Mistress?"

"You've got to be kidding me...."

Hakyeon scoffs in disgust and rolls his eyes before blurring out into the forest. What was going on here? Strange things have been happening since discovering this human!

She curiously looks out at the forest where the coven Leader escapes then back at the Demon who's patiently awaiting her next words as if under a trance.

"Can you make sure Wonshik is alright for me please?"
"Of course Jeanne. He's just being flowery that's all hahaha."

Jaewhan leans down and softly kisses her thigh with a sigh.

"Is there no way I can persuade you to have us stay? If you haven't noticed we find it very difficult to leave you. And now I finally have you all to myself yet I know I must leave because this is your wish."
"You don't have to listen to me"
"Your wish is absolute Jeanne."

Their eyes widen as the Demon's voice becomes two toned. Human and monster like his mind completely destroys the idea of ever going against anything Jeanne says. Why?

Jaewhan clears his throat and stands looking out into the forest.

"Just let me make this perfectly clear. It is your wish to not have us dine with you tonight?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure? This is exactly what you want? To not have the three of us dine with you tonight? But we may return once dinner is over correct?"
"And once you've all eaten as well, yes that is correct...."

She nods awkwardly and the Demon smiles, obviously full of mischief, and bows before disappearing into the forest. He really was a curious one wasn't he?


Jeanne stabs at the remaining food on her plate with her fork as she looks at the blank canvas in front of her. It was strange having lighting in the studio now. Wonshik insisted that she'd go blind if she worked by candle light when the sun went down leaving the studio bathed in nothing but the moonlight if she were lucky.

Come on Jeanne Demetrus, you can pick up that paint brush and create again!

She looks down at the scattered tools and sighs while shaking her head. No she can't. With a quick flick of her fork sauce goes splattering across the white surface making her gasp. Well that's one way to do it.

"Art comes in many forms doesn't it?"

**click**

Jeanne turns to face the stranger who had entered her space undetected, placing a hand over her startled heart. He was a tall, slender young man, and handsome was truely an understatement to describe him.

Fluffy black hair, pale beautiful skin and as he smiled his eyes smiled along with him as he shook the Polorid photo in his hand till an image appeared. He was dressed well in a clean cut suit and had the same aura about him she had become used to, an aquaintance of Hakyeon's no doubt.

He bows at the waist, flashing her a handsome smile that disarms her completely.

"I did not mean to startle you. My name is Lee Hongbin and I am...."
"Another one of Wonshik's brothers"
"Haha that is correct. Pleased to finally meet you in person."

Jeanne curtsies politely and she flinches as he once again takes another photo of her with his black camera. She looks up and again he's smiling as the image in his hands becomes clear.

"I didn't think Demons would know how to use technology."
"Humans do have the most fascinating trinkets. The camera dates back for centuries and I've owned several through time but this is by far my favorite."
"Do you like to take pictures Lee Hongbin?"
"I love to take pictures Miss Demetrus and it seems I've found a new interesting subject."

He blurs to her side, the Demon towering over her like all the others.

"Wonshik sent you?"
"Actually Jaewhan did. Wonshik was unusually quiet tonight. I asked if it was really alright and Jaewhan was a giggling fit as he stated that you clearly said you didn't want to dine with the three of them but you said nothing about me haha. You're very punctual. Leaving scraps on your plate so you have not yet technically finished your dinner so my brothers do not return so soon."

Hongbin laughs and Jeanne can't help but laugh along. Demons, she's learned very well, are tricky creatures so she must learn to be just as sly as them if she were to get a moment of peace.

He takes a picture of her laughing causing her to blush.

"Do you often take pictures of others?"
"I like to take pictures of anything. There's just something about the idea of being able to capture a single moment forever that I find beautiful."

The picture becomes clear and his smile becomes fond but with a hint of sorrow.

"Why do you look so sad Hongbin?"
"How do I look to you Human?"
"Like visually?"
"Yes."
"You're very handsome Sir."
"And I am to take your word for it?"
"Can you not see for yourself?"

Solemnly Hongbin shakes his head, handing her the camera. She snaps a photo of him and shakes the film but to her surprise he does not appear.

"Maybe I missed?"

She takes another and another till blank photos are scattered around her. Hongbin takes the camera back and it vanishes in his hand.

"I'm so sorry"

She says softly making the Demon hum in curiousity. How romantically tragic, the idea making her frown deeply. The young man loves to take pictures but he can not take them of himself.

"So you can't see your reflection either"
"This is true."
"Are you a vampire of some sort?"
"Hahahahaha!"

Her child like demeanor strikes a chord in Hongbin and he shakes his head.

"Wrong Brother Ms.Demetrus. I'm a special kind of Demon, an artificial one. A fallen Angel."
"What?"

Jeanne brings her arms up defensively as a pair of jet black wings erupt from Hongbin's shoulders. The black feathers then flutter to the floor revealing smooth velvet like skin as if wings of a bat.

His complexion completely pales to that of a corpse, black veins running along his neck and up to his dark eyes. His hair loses its luster, becoming dry and frizzy and his chapped lips curl into a smirk revealing rather long fangs. He was grotesque yet beautiful.

"I truely have no soul Human thus I can not have my picture taken nor can I see my reflection in a mirror, or a mere rain puddle. Casted away from the Celestial world, unaccepted by the Demon world, I live a life of purgatory. If not for Hakyeon and my brothers I probably would not be living at all."

Hongbin reverts back to his original state and gives Jeanne a small bow.

"Afraid yet Human?"
"Of course not"
"I can steal your soul from your body. Does this not frighten you?"

She shakes her head. She was not scared, in fact Jeanne was overcome with curiousity. Angels actually exist? This unknown world just gets larger and larger. There's so much she didn't understand or know.

"My brothers are right. You are a strange one Ms.Demetrus"

Jeanne stares at Hongbin in silence for a few moments before she retrieves a pencil from the floor. With a shakey hand she brings it to the canvas and holding her breath she creates a single line.

Lifting the lead she releases her breath and smiles at Hongbin.

"May I draw you Lee Hongbin?"
"Draw me? Like a human does, what is it called, Characature? Do you wish to make a mockery of me for your own amusement?"
"Hahaha no but I am surprised you know of such things. Please hold still."
"Well since you said please."

Hongbin stills every vein in his body, his dark eyes fixed on Jeanne. His gaze so strong a tingle travels down her spine as she peels her Emerald eyes away from him and continues with her work.

It's been so long since she's done something like this. The time goes by and her hand cramps, her arm grows fatigued but Hongbin still remains statue like and says nothing.

He watches the way she chews on her lower lip anxiously. Her brows furrow in disapproval and the pencil in her hand is now absent of an eraser but she continues to draw. At some point it appears as though she had completely disappeared into her own mind and her body was moving on it's own.

After rather dramatically signing her name at the bottom Jeanne finds a new sense of peace as she looks over her finished work. She feels whole again, the memories of working with her Grandfather now filling her eyes with happy tears.

"Am I so ghastly looking that I've brought you to tears?"

Jeanne shakes her head and beckons for Hongbin to come over. He holds his hand out and she gently grasps it and tugs him to her side. He looks at the canvas and his eyes widen in pure awe.

There was a magnificent looking being etched onto this canvas. Strong features and handsome Hongbin runs his fingers along the graphite mesmerized. It looked so life like.

As an Angel vanity was frowned upon so since his creation Hongbin never knew what he looked like.

Shying away from any reflective surface, fighting temptation to see himself, this was the first time Hongbin knew what he truely looked like. He looks to Jeanne in disbelief, the expression on his face making her heart run rampant.

"Is this really me?"
"Yes it is. I could've done better but...."
"It's perfection Miss Demetrus. I thank you so much, you do not know what this means to me."
"You can call me Jeanne, Hongbin. And you know, technically if you take a picture of this, you could say you took a picture of yourself, no?"

Hongbin's hand dances in the air summoning his camera and he does just that. The film becomes clear and he chuckles in disbelief. His face was now on film! What magic was this?!

His delightful expression meets hers and he stills, the camera in his hands falling to the floor and vanishing upon impact. He stares deeply into her eyes and he sees something.

She takes a step back as he moves forward and he gently holds her face in his hands, his expression becoming serious.

"What's wrong Hongbin?"
"I've....seen your eyes before....."

Hongbin studies the shimmering Emerald orbs, a feeling of unease washing over him. His breath hitches. He sees his reflection, or what looked like himself, but instead of black he was white. Blonde hair and white wings, he's peering downwards as if observing something then everything becomes foggy and unclear.

Jeanne's eyes flicker feeling rather distressed and suddenly she's whisked away to the otherside of the room held behind Jaewhan, leaving Hongbin in a daze of confusion.

"I believe you're done with dinner now Jeanne. Is there a problem here?"

Hongbin is at a loss for words. He looks from the sketch of himself to the girl slightly cowering behind his brother, her hands holding onto his arm leaving imprints on his jacket making Jaewhan growl protectively.

"Well Hongbin? Do not bother to lie to me you know I'll know."
"Feel free to see into my head yourself I've done nothing to harm Miss Jeanne."
"Then why is she so scared of you right now?! I can feel her fear coursing through my veins!"

Jaewhan becomes upset, wanting to get into Hongbin's face but Jeanne holds him back and shakes her head.

"What did he do to you Mistress?"
"Nothing. Nothing at all."
"Then why are you so frightened?"
"I....don't know....."

She honestly didn't know. One moment they were having such a nice time but then the Demon gazed into her eyes and a strange wave of nostalgia washed over her, leaving her in a panic. Has she seen Lee Hongbin before?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Okay now I'm satisfied ♥ We met another character and stuff happened so I can now disappear again until next week for another The Play House: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?