░ Chapter 10 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: And hazzah! Two updates in a week like I said I would haha ♥
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Don’t you dare lay a finger on me

“Mistress….”

The sharp command in his psyche freezes Wonshik in his tracks and hitches his breath. His hand immediately retracted from reaching out for Jeanne’s shoulder.

Jeanne looked up at the full moon and was in awe. It’s so large, much bigger than in the Human Realm and so blue it wasn't possible. Was this where the phrase “Once in a blue moon” originated?

She and Jaewhan looked over their shoulders as faint whimpers rumbled from Wonshik’s chest, his inner Demon fighting with conflicting feelings.

The Emerald eyed girl tightened her grip on the Nightmare Demon’s arm, her guilt coursing through both of their veins making them frown.

Wonshik kneels to one knee and lowers his head in apology and shame. Before he can speak a word Jeanne follows and kneels in front of him smiling sadly.

“You promised me the first time you were leaving me that you’d return did you not?”
“Yes.”
“You’ve always been very protective of me as well. Never wanting to leave my side right? Though I didn’t deserve it do you know how that made me feel?”
“Yes.”

The dark haired man’s face becomes contorted with guilt and anger at himself. He knew exactly how it made her feel.

Respectfully Jaewhan turned his back on the two and covered his ears to give them privacy, his collar gleaming under the glow of the moon.

Jeanne drew circles in the dirt with her fingers, not quite sure how to voice her frustration.

Jaewhan and Wonshik seemed to always pick up on how she was feeling whether she were by their side or not so she was hoping this was still the case.

I gave you many chances to leave in the past. I was so surprised you didn’t want to. I tried to send you away but you were very stubborn and told me you weren’t going anywhere. Why did you choose now Wonshik? You made me feel so….wanted….and protected. After being alone for so long I finally felt happiness again. Was this always your intention? To hurt me like this?

“NO!”

Jeanne fell back on her bum as Wonshik’s enraged roar echoed in the night air, scaring the hiding ravens into flight.

He was breathing heavily, his heart beating so rampantly it made his chest too heavy and painful.

Jaewhan just hummed whimsically to himself, swaying his hips to the sound of his Brother’s distress but he knew Jeanne was in no danger so he need not to intervene.

“Did you grow tired of me Wonshik? I’m sorry that I’m not like your ‘guests’ here.”
“You….really are a mad Woman. You. A human. Sounding so disappointed at the idea a Demon had lost interest in you. That is not the case at all Jeanne. I think I’ve made my fondness of you very clear.”
“You did, until you left.”
“I DIDN’T WANT TO! YOU SENT ME AWAY!”

His voice grew two toned as even his Inner Demon was hurt. That night she asked them to dine somewhere else Wonshik had felt as though his being had been unplugged.

He felt as though he were no longer of any use to her, he felt like a burden, he felt…..hollow.

Even when his Brothers had told him he was over reacting and should just return to the Demetrus estate because she was looking for him he couldn’t.

Just the thought of seeing Jeanne again made him whimper continuously as he spiraled in a vortex of depression. He couldn't relieve his anxiety by training, nor could he ease his stress with women, all that used to bring him joy now did nothing for him because now there was only one thing that made him truly happy.

Jaewhan could sense his Brother reliving his self pity and sighed. Hakyeon you sly Bastard.

He knew the only way to shock Wonshik back to his senses was to see Jeanne that’s why he was so adamant about her coming here, not just for more insight on their situation. He respects her more than he lets on.

The young woman crawled on her hands and knees and peered at the crest fallen Demon's face. Dark glowing eyes meet Emerald and once again he begins to feel light.

He slowly closes the distance till their lips are touching and his soft whimpers turn into a low purr.

Jeanne smiles as he places his big warm hand against her face deepening the kiss then he retreats and helps her to her feet.

“Mistress you should not be in such a position. Look, you’ve gotten dirt all over you. unacceptable.”

The young woman giggles as Wonshik makes a complete turn around. His stance is stronger, his voice back to it’s normal rugged and forcefulness but his touch was still as gentle as ever.

She polishes the clasp of his collar and gasps as the Demon pulls her into his arms.

“I am…sorry for my over reaction. I honestly do not know what came over me. Obviously you did not mean to send me away forevever but I somehow misunderstood.”
“Promise me. That’ll you never leave me again. If this whole Mistress none sense, follow my commands because they’re absolute, thing is true then I command you to never leave me again.”
“Yes Mistress.”
“Promise me Wonshik.”
“I promise you Jeanne I will not leave your side again. I swear on my life.”

Wonshik bows his head, his low sincere voice sending a sweet tingle down Jeanne’s spine. He would never leave her side, Mistress or not, he couldn’t now.

“That goes for you too Jaewhan. Please.”
“And here I thought you’ve forgotten all about me Love.”

Jaewhan walks up behind her and gives his Brother a welcoming smile as he snakes his arm around her waist. Wait a moment.

Wonshik felt so aggression towards him nor Jaewhan to him like he felt with the youngest or with Hongbin.

“Yo! Wonshik! Jaewhan! Hakyeon wants a word with the both of you!”
“Mind your Honorifics Brat”

Jaewhan whined as the youngest of the Coven came running over to the three excitedly. They were about to venture inside when Sanghyuk grabbed Jeanne’s hand and laced their fingers together, giving her a soft tug.

“If you want to keep that hand Maknae I suggest you release her at once.”
“Annnnnnnnnnd Wonshik is back~ But Hakyeon requested the two of you alone. Don’t worry I’ll watch the Human no problem!”

Jeanne can’t help but smile at Hyukkie’s youth as he salutes his older Brothers determinedly.

She sees the way the two narrow their eyes like predators about to attack a foe so she takes a step in front of him and waves her hands to calm them.

“I’ll be fine. Sir Hakyeon said I must not wander alone and with Sanghyuk I’m not alone. There's so much I still want to see! And if anything happens I’ll call. Is that alright?”
“No it’s not alright Jeanne but Hakyeon’s calling to us and the buzz in my head is starting to be a nuisance”

Wonshik grumbles while clearing out his ear and Jaewhan points a finger at Hyuk and growls.

“Do not let her out of your sight.”

The blonde Demon smiles brightly before leading Jeanne to the vineyard, his questions about the Human Realm already pouring out of his mouth like a flood.

The two collared Demons watch them warily before blurring back inside of the Manor where their Leader was still entertaining ’guests.’

Hakyeon’s demeanor had become more light and relaxed since he sensed Wonshik returned to his senses and could now be swayed by his Coven link once more.

Jaewhan gives the women who were looking at him with sad eyes a respectable nod of apology but now there was only one Woman for him, for now and forever and she was outside alone with a Brat.

“So my plan worked it seemed. Wonshik are you done acting like an imbecile?”
“It was a horrid plan. What were you thinking bringing her here?”

Hongbin raises from his seat and motions for the women to follow him to leave the more knowing Demons alone to chat.

Taekwoon lifts a flute of wine to his lips, circles it a bit then takes a smooth sip with glowing eyes narrowing.

“Smells.”

Hakyeon frowns with his hands folded under his chin.

“But it’s aged perfectly Taekwoon. It’s aroma is beautiful.”
“No. The girl. Smells.”
“Oh for the love of….would you two take a seat already?! The Pet is fine outside where she belongs and I demand your full attention for the matters we need to discuss.”

Reluctantly Wonshik and Jaewhan do as their Leader asks, sipping their own flute of wine made from the grapes from their very own vineyard.

“Have you learned anything new since her arrival Jaewhan?”
“No, because I did not pry my way into her psyche like a brute the moment she stepped through the portal”
“What are you waiting for? An invitation? This madness needs some light shed upon it.”
“And it will in due time but for now, maybe….”
“You want the Pet to enjoy herself? After you were so keen on keeping her away from here? Those collars are really messing with your heads aren’t they?”

Wonshik raises his neck proudly displaying the leather around his neck. He felt no shame in wearing this even under the Coven Leader’s scrutinizing glare.

“!”
“!?”

A sudden rush of emotion courses through Jaewhan and Wonshik’s bodies causing them to shatter their glasses in their hands and Hakyeon is not surprised at all as they rush out of the Manor.

“What does she smell like Taekwoon?”
“….-shrugs-….”
“You’re so helpful Brother”
-glares-

The two frenzied Demons rushed through the twists and turns of the vast vineyard in blinding speed and stumbled upon an enraging scene.

Jeanne was covered in dirt from her head to her toes, pale skin scraped at the knees and elbows and bleeding lightly.

She was breathing heavily, her shocked eyes not leaving the unmoving being on the ground dressed in white just a few feet away from her.

And Sanghyuk. The young Demon was curled up on the ground, his head contently laying on the young woman’s lap and having his head caressed as the new collar around his neck was glowing dimly.

Flashback:

“HAHAHAHA HUMANS ARE SO STRANGE!”

Hyuk was holding his stomach in a laughing fit as Jeanne happily explained more in depth about the concept of Halloween to the Demon.

He runs ahead of her and back pedals as he continues his questioning. He looked as though he should be wearing a cartoon sweat shirt and sneakers instead of this fine cut tailored suit of black and red with shiny shoes.

“Why are you so curious about the Human Realm Hyukkie?”
“Demons are raised to look down on Humans as weak and useless beings, especially here in High Society. It’s just the way we are but come on! You can’t help but to wonder what they are really like despite all the stories that were crammed into my head growing up~ Besides Hakyeon never lets me go there so I can't find out more for myself. So you could imagine how excited I was when he ree day and said the others had found a Human Pet~”
"I'm not a pet...."
"Sorry. Hakyeon's words not mine."
“So your favorite Human animated films are anything by Mr. Tim Burton and your favorite movies are the ones about mobs that are so old they are in a black and white setting? Are you sure you’re the youngest Sanghyuk? You really feel like an old Soul.”
“I also enjoy RN&B music and trot~ And I am much much much much much much older than yourself Jeanne”
“You’ve got quite an eccentric taste hahaha”
“Speaking of taste you gotta try this!”
“!?”

Excited Hyuk blurred up and down the path way smelling out the most ripe of grapes from the vines and picked them carefully.

As Jeanne blinked the Demon was now in front of her gently pushing the small fruit in between her lips and she could taste both it’s sweetness and the taste of the young man’s leather glove.

“Is it good Human? I mean Jeanne!”
“It really is but it’s kind of rude to just shove food into other people’s mouths without permission Hyukkie.”
“Really? They do it all the time in those drama things Hakyeon likes to watch…...”

Sanghyuk is genuinely confused by Jeanne’s reaction and mumbles to himself while rubbing the back of his head. He was so cute how could Jaewhan have acted so warily of him earlier?

“YAH! EW! WHAT! BLEH!”

Her head shoots up as Hyuk gets entangled in a very large spider web causing him to flail and dance and screech.

Suddenly something thick is wrapped tightly around her leg and she screams as she is now being dragged across the dirt floor of the vineyard roughly.

“JEANNE! HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?”

Hyuk’s eyes begin to glow as he becomes worked up. He promised his Brothers he’d watch over their Pet now look what he’s done!

His leather gloves disintegrate and as his bare hands touch the sticky sturdy webbing it begins to sizzle and vanish.

The blurring Demon quickly reaches the dragging human body and holds onto the scaly appendage latched around her ankle causing it to unwind and blacken under his touch.

Jeanne looks up horrified and crawls towards Hyuk, wrapping her arms around his waist as he knelt beside her and the Demon carefully raised his hands to make sure he did not touch her.

He threateningly narrows his eyes at the tan Demon Realm woman dressed in white riding the giant Basilisk like a wild Stallion.

She caresses the serpent’s large head as it kisses her with it's flickering tongue, it’s venom slightly burning her cheek but she seemed to pay no mind.

The part of it’s tail Hyuk had touched had shed it’s dead skin revealing smooth new skin.

Jeanne was petrified as the woman waved her hand and the large beast began to rise into the air, it’s shadow swallowing her and Hyuk and blocking her view of the moon.

It hissed, rattled it’s tail and lunged forward bearing fangs but the animal was no match for the Demon’s fist and it was sent backwards.

“You’re Wonshik’s guest. We show you hospitality and this is how you repay us? I was curious what that faint rattling was every time you visited”

Hyuk’s voice grew low and cold as he addressed the woman like she was now dirt to him.

“Hospitality? Wonshik tossed me aside like I was nothing when that pest showed up!”

The woman had been watching from the window as Wonshik broke down in front of this girl when she couldn’t even get a reaction from him anymore.

Her pet Basilisk could feel her anger as the Demon kissed this new woman. If she couldn’t have him than no one can!

“Jeanne I need you to do me a favor and remain very calm”
“…but…but….”
“I don’t want Jaewhan and Wonshik rushing over here because they can sense your fear or something. I can handle this myself. I am also a Man of the Manor after all and I can not tolerate such disrespectful behavior on our grounds.”

Slowly Jeanne unwrapped herself from the Demon maturing right before her eyes.

Once she was a safe distance away Hyuk blurred forward for a head on collision with the Serpent and he chuckled as he caught the large open mouth with his hands.

He did not back away when the snake wrapped it’s venom soaked tongue around his neck and Jeanne’s eyes widened as it began to hiss in pain.

The pink tongue began to turn black and disintegrated into dust. Hyuk ripped out the monster’s fangs one by one, his eyes blistering and his own fangs present as he smiled manaically from it’s shrieks of pain.

“Retreat Precious!”

The Woman screamed but it was too late. Hyuk pulled the snake into an iron tight head lock and slowly it’s entire body began to turn black as he dug his hands through it’s flesh.

“Shhh shhhh that’s it. Just sleep.”

He hushed Demonically, keeping his gaze on the women and drinking up her fear like it was the most thirst quenching substance.

Hyuk could feel the snake’s life force dwindling, a dying light and moments later it was nothing more than a 20 ft corpse.

The head falls to the dirt like a boulder from a cliff and the Demon the blood off his hands and tsks darkly.

“Now look what you made me do. I’ve soiled myself in front of my Brothers’ special guest. How are you going to take responsibility Wench?”

“Hyuk….”

Jeanne’s body was tingling with fear as the once bright and cheerful Demon spoke so darkly, stalking closer to the cowering Woman.

In front of her she could see something sparkling in the dirt.

“A collar?”


It was like the one she put around Wonshik and Jaewhan.

She crawled forward hurriedly as Hyuk carelessly kicked the carcass aside and continued to taunt the woman with a growl, set on delivering her death with his own hands.

“Maybe….”

“NO!”

Jeanne dashes forward and hugs Hyuk tightly to keep his hand away from the tan woman’s face as she shrieks.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

He asks coldly, looking down at her like she’s even lower than the woman in front of him because she was Human.

“Don’t hurt her Hyukkie!”
“And who are you to tell me what to do? Hmmmm?”

The collar buzzes softly, drawing Hyuk’s attention to it. He looks from it then back down at Jeanne who’s looking up at him with pleading eyes and for a moment he sees her irises flicker with some kind of symbol matching the neck piece.

Taking her chance as Hyuk stood still in a daze she stood up on her tippy toes and clasped the collar around his neck, the charm glittering as it snapped shut.

She’s the only one who will truly understand you. She will not fear you.

The words whispered softly in Sanghyuk’s head.

His eyes reflect the same symbol in Jeanne’s and he nods stiffly. He walks over to the woman and before Jeanne can scream he slaps her in the face knocking her unconscious.

Hyuk looks back at Jeanne who’s legs give out from the adrenaline in her body and the Demon quickly blurs to her side.

He gazes at her for a long moment and she gasps as he places his now gloved hand on her chest.

He smiles.

“Bum bum bum….”

He whispers softly with his husky voice as he mimics her calming heart beat. Purring he lowers himself and curls up in her lap and Jeanne can’t help but comb her fingers soothingly through the young Demon’s soft mangled hair.

“Mistress…..”

End Flashback

Jaewhan sighs heavily in relief at the end of the memory he saw in Jeanne‘s head as he placed a hand on her shoulder comfortingly. He whimpers as the exhausted young woman leans against his side and closes her eyes.

After his Brother crushed her unconscious mind Wonshik gently retrieved the tan woman in one arm, fighting the urge to kick her for attacking Jeanne, and dragged the gigantic corpse through the vineyard to dispose of it.

Jaewhan no longer felt aggression towards Hyuk like when he had first arrived and he had no doubt in his mind it was because of the matching collar now around his pale neck.

He shook the youngest awake and chuckled as the Demon blinked up at him with foggy eyes, his memory of what had just occurred hazy.

“Good job Brother.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Good Job Hyukkie you adorable little Killer you ♥ How’s the story so far? Is it alright? I hope it’s alright~ I’ll see you next week on another update of The Playhouse: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?