░ Chapter 9 ░

►► The Play House: Dark Knights & Angels ◄◄

Author Note: I promised a Reader-nim I was continuing this wasn’t I? I told you ♥ I wanted to finish one of my long term stories before coming back to this but once I finished it I got bombarded with life and other things that kept me super busy so I apologize if you’ve lost interest in the story! Hello new subscribers if you’re still present and again hello to regulars if you’re still present haha

Last update Jaewhan was persuaded to bring Jeanne to the Demon World under the false pretense of just satisfying her curiosity when in reality the Demons wanted more ground to investigate her and their situation. We’ve met Sanghyuk the Reaper Demon who enjoys annoying his older Siblings and we’re now in a world uninviting of normal Humans. What could possibly go wrong? Let’s see on this update of The Playhouse: Dark Knights and Angels m(_ _)m Shall we play?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Jaewhan had stopped at the top of a tall grassy hill just outside the borders of the Demon City down below.

In the distance Jeanne could see an area of warm shimmering lights and she pointed to it curiously.

“What’s that Jaewhan?”
“That’s the Demon Village. A small old town like place made of cobble stone buildings and wood. Inhabited by more, how do I say, lower class Demons? They live a much simpler life than I am accustomed to.”
“And you live there?”

There referring to the much more urban area they were currently over looking.

Large estates were spaced out as far as the eye could see and in the center was a bundle of buildings that looked like a shopping district.

“I’ve seen…….”
“Jeanne?”

Torches catch her eye that bring her attention to the large Fairy Tale like castle just at the edge of a ring of dense trees.

There’s a sharp pain in her head as she remembers a dream of a man with glowing green eyes living in such a palace with a lot of women.

Jaewhan rubs his nose against the side of Jeanne’s face in concern and snaps her out of her thoughts.

“Penny for your thoughts?”
“You can read my mind”
“It’d be rude to intrude.”
“So you’re only rude at certain times it seems hehehe”
“Precisely. But if something were bothering you you’d tell me right?”
“Yes.”

He smiles happily before making her squeal. There’s a low growl in his throat, borderline playful and territorial as he smothers her, caresses her all over and rubs his face on any part of her body he can reach.

“What are you doing Jaewhan?!”
“Making you smell like me for protection. Here in the Demon World if a Human wanders in, which is impossible by the way, then they’d be sentenced to death or worse, eaten. Of course there are exceptions but my knowledge about them isn‘t really brushed upon.”

Jeanne mews as Jaewhan’s lips attach to her neck leaving a dark red bruise of possession. One on her neck, behind her ear and one right above her bosom for good measure.

“You’re enjoying this aren’t you?”
“Don’t try to act like you’re not Jeanne. Do you like my mouth on you my Lady? I can feel your arousal coursing through my veins and it’s very difficult to restrain myself from taking you right here.”

He whispers darkly in her ear making her squirm in his arms. There’s a buzzing in Jaewhan’s head making him look up curiously before blurring down towards the city.

“This wasn’t what I was expecting”

Jeanne peered up the brick walkway illuminated by beautiful black lamp posts. The vast estate was mahogany brick with black detailing.

The hedges surrounding the iron bar fences and paths were clipped to perfection and were being watered gently by sprinklers.

She looked up and down the road that looked like the streets of a small American or English town hold and expected to see cars parked on the sides like in the movies.

“What were you expecting Love? Worn down creaky mansion with bats flying out of the roofs? Perhaps a cave where we hide the bodies of our victims or maybe a grave hahaha”

Jaewhan’s voice grew dark and teasing as if telling a horror story but instead of fear Jeanne grew all too excited.

This manor looked so much more modern than her own and was a definite contrast to the stone castle she saw from the top of the Hill.

Jaewhan blurred up the walk way, around back and leaped up to the highest balcony with the open windows and fluttering curtains upon his Leader‘s mental request from earlier.

“Welcome Pet.”

Hakyeon was sitting in a dark leather love seat. Long slender leg crossed over the other with a glass of amber liquid in his hand.

There were posters on the walls that looked like Play Bills of Theatre productions. A large bed with a carved wood frame was decorated with deep colored sheets of silk and the finest material.

The cliché book shelf lined with rows of old looking texts decorated a wall and overall the room had a very classy feel just like the Demon who inhabited it.

Jaewhan sat Jeanne down to her feet and Hakyeon motioned with his hand encouraging her to have a look around.

“It’s only fair you have a peak at my room since I’m so acquainted with yours. But do not touch the bed.”
“How come?”
“Or else I’ll tie you to it and have my way with you”

The Demon smiles sinisterly with glowing eyes as he takes another sip from his glass, fangs clinking against the side.

Jaewhan places his hands inside of his pockets and trails behind Jeanne closely making his Leader roll his eyes.

“Why did you want me to bring her here instead of using the front door Brother?”
“Because Hyukkie informed me that our usual ‘guests‘ were present and highly active.”

At the word ‘guests’ Jaewhan looks at Jeanne who’s mesmerized by her surroundings than scrunches up his nose in disgust.

“Oh come now Jaewhan you used to love ‘guests’”
“Why is Jeanne here Hakyeon?”

The Demon places his glass down on the silver saucer on top his small table before blurring to Jeanne’s side and as he reaches for her Jaewhan is already there holding onto his wrist with an iron grip.

“If she’s going to act as one of my Coven she must dress appropriately, no?”

Hakyeon roughly pulls himself free and adjusts his blazer before placing a hand on Jeanne’s shoulder making her apparel sparkle.

She looked too innocent, though that was her charm, it was unacceptable here. Here she must dance as the Demons do, or so they say.

Her signature baby Doll dress was transformed into an old fashioned black Lolita like outfit with a corset and red detailing keeping the Doll factor of her look.

Puffy shoulders and lace mesh sleeves covered her pale arms. Frilly thigh girdles took the place of her leggings exposing her legs and polished leather knee high boots replaced her booties.

Caramel brown hair in a loose ponytail transformed into an intricate braided up do with her locks flowing behind her head.

Glasses were disintegrated and her face polished with a sultry makeup that made her Emerald eyes pop.

Hakyeon’s nostrils flare a bit and he shakes his head.

“And she already smells like you, your over protectiveness duly noted but there’s no harm in drenching her in a rose scent like the one in her hair and voila. One cross dressing Human Demon being.”

The closet opened on it’s own revealing a large mirror and Jeanne yelped and jumped behind Jaewhan from her own reflection she didn‘t recognize.

Jaewhan tugs playfully on her jeweled choker and smirks at his Leader.

“Very steam punk Hakyeon. Those fashion magazines you adore seem to teach you something.”
“Talk about those again and I’ll have your tongue wriggling on my floor.”
“But it’s not very Jeanne.”
“Exactly.”

The Demon gently coaxes the girl out from behind him and frowns.

This wasn’t his sweet human girl. This outfit was very busy when she was perfectly fine being simple and precious.

This make-up ruins her innocent look but he won’t lie, the things he’d like to do to her in this outfit were running rampant in his mind.

Jeanne whined as Hakyeon tugged her bag that contained the treats she brought from home.

“You are not to venture the premises without your Pet do you understand? Do not associate with anyone you don’t know, in fact just keep your mouth shut and blend in just like the rest of the guests.”

Jaewhan’s brows furrowed at Hakyeon’s unusual aggression but he could feel it was just ual frustration and the thought made him even more uncomfortable so he pulled Jeanne closer to his side.

“Maybe it’d be best if she weren’t allowed out till the ‘guests’ leave?”
“None sense! The human should experience the true Demon Realm should she not? Tricking and hiding her from things wouldn’t be very interesting now would it Jeanne? Look at this face Jaewhan~ How could you deny the precious thing adventure?”

Jaewhan growls unhappily as Hakyeon holds Jeanne’s chin in his tan slender hand squishing her cheeks and making her lips pucker.

“See you downstairs”

In a blink of an eye Hakyeon had exited the sturdy polished wood door leaving Jeanne alone with a brooding Jaewhan.

“Why hasn’t Hakyeon demonstrated such magic in the Human Realm? These clothes are, umm, interesting.”
“His magic courses through this manor so he can manipulate it and anything inside as he sees fit but only to an extent. Jeanne I really think it’d be best if you just wait it out in my room.”
“Where’s Wonshik?”

She asks directly, leaving no room for argument and the Demon sighs defeated and shakes his head. He drops to his knee like a knight and kisses her hand.

“I beg you Jeanne do not under any circumstances leave my side while we’re in this Realm.”
“I promise.”

But her words still don’t ease Jaewhan’s unease. She’s not going to like what she’ll experience downstairs but Demons will be Demons.

Jeanne holds onto his arm as he leads her out of the room and up a carpeted hallway decorated with framed pictures and beautiful chandeliers over head.

She counted six doors. Six doors, six rooms, six Demons. She tugs softly on Jaewhan’s coat and smiles at him causing him to relax tremendously. That smile does wonders.

“Which room is yours Jaewhan?”

He cutely points to the door next to the last at the end of the hall before guiding her down spiral stairs.

The manor was huge but it was still not what she expected and the thought makes her giggle.

“What’s amusing you Mistress?”
“Despite you all being the most flashy and suggestive Demons I’ve ever met you all live very modestly.”
“We’re the only Demons you’ve ever met Jeanne.”

Jaewhan proudly explains to her how Hakyeon is a very honorable and respectable Demon despite his advances towards her.

He’s taught the others to be thankful with what they have, be thankful for who they have and never act like the brutes of Demons who just enjoy destruction and mayhem.

“He sounds like a very good man erh Demon. But would the word ‘good’ be insulting to him?”
“You never seize to amaze me Jeanne.”

“Jaewhan!”

The two came to an abrupt halt at the entrance of the dining area as a shrill high pitched voice mangles the Demon’s ears.

Jeanne looks up and immediately gulps uncomfortably while taking a step back. The area was lavish, almost fit for a king.

A long covered table was decorated in the highest quality produce and food cooked to perfection.

Silver utensils sparkled from the luminous light over head but the atmosphere made Jeanne almost uncomfortable as the many sight of all the skimpily dressed woman wandering the area.

They were all beautiful beyond compare. Flawless skin ranging from porcelain to the most inviting gold, dressed in gowns that hugged at their bosoms in a way that made them look as though they’d pop out at any moment.

The air was alive with mews, moans and sultry whispers as the women draped themselves over 5 regal looking Demons, all but one she recognized.

That must be Taekwoon. The blonde man dressed in all black had a tan women knelt in between his legs, looking up at him like he was a God.

He beckoned to her and as she pushed off her heels his fangs elongated and Jeanne gasped as he penetrated the woman’s neck making her moan.

Women were giggling in Hongbin’s lap as he told them stories and SangHyuk was being fed suggestively by younger looking females of an appropriate age for him.

Hakyeon was being caressed at the head of the table and smirked darkly at Jaewhan.

Women who recognized Jaewhan ran up to him immediately while holding their skirts but a sharp warning growl from his lips stopped them in his tracks.

Jeanne felt small as the beautiful women glared at her, the young woman who was holding onto the Demon they’ve been waiting for and coveted so.

“Who is that?”
“Jaewhan I’ve been waiting for you!”
“Where have you been?”
“Jaewhan….”

They were like sirens, calling and beckoning to him, their lips and playing with their chests but they knew better than to come any closer than they already were.

Jeanne began to shake softly and decided to look else where but she wish she didn’t. Jaewhan felt a wave of disappointment flood him and when he peered down he knew why.

Jeanne was watching Wonshik with a woman dressed in white laying in his lap. She caressed his expressionless face softly making him tighten his hold on her exposed thigh.

“Wonshik…..”

The young human whispered hurt but to the Berserker Demon it was like she screamed in his ear. His head shot towards her and his eyes widened in shock.

“What are you….”

The woman in his lap screams as Wonshik stands and drops her to the floor with no remorse and blurs to Jeanne wanting to make sure she were really here right now.

He looks from her to his brother and glares at Jaewhan.

“What is she doing here? I thought I told you to watch her while…”
“You were busy ing with other women? It seems I worried for nothing. It‘s nice to see you too Wonshik I‘m glad you‘re well.”

Jeanne sighs while shaking her head and Wonshik feels a sinking feeling in the midst of his chest that made him want to cry out. He had deeply disappointed his Mistress.

“What were you thinking Wonshik?”

The woman from before asked passive aggressively while wrapping her arms around his waist but she whimpers as the Demon growls and gives her the most evil of glares making her back away hurriedly.

“Don’t be so rude Wonshik. The woman is your usual guest is she not?”

Hakyeon teased as he nodded his head to one of the women whom were offering him a drink.

He was so pleased to actually see some kind of reaction out of his Brother after so long even if he played dirty to get one. He was a Demon after all as were everyone here.

“Jeanne! Come and join us! Taekwoon makes the best dinner!”

Sanghyuk all too excitedly waved to the manor’s newest guest causing his women surrounding him to glare at her.

Taekwoon wiped his mouth and narrowed his glowing gaze at the unfamiliar face is in his domain.

“Well if it isn’t Ms. Jeanne. Welcome to our ‘humble’ abode.”

Hongbin flashes her his signature handsome smile while holding his hands out in welcome and the women surrounding him grab onto him fondly.

Jeanne forces a smile to the youngest while enduring everyone’s eccentric personality. She tries to back away, wanting hide and be alone but Jaewhan strengthens his grip reminding her of the promise she made him.

“Could we go somewhere else Jaewhan please? I’m not very hungry and I’d really like to see the rest of your home. If that’s alright? I wouldn‘t want to intrude on your ‘entertainment‘”
“It’d be my pleasure…. Just to take you away from here”

Jeanne nods at everyone before being led away by Jaewhan but Wonshik is right on her tail in a haze of confusing emotions he wasn’t accustomed to and calling to her in his low gravely voice desperately.

“Jeanne….Jeanne wait…..Please wait…..”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: I’ve adjusted my schedule so I should be able to manage at least two various length updates in a week. Hopefully. Don’t hold me to it because things can change just like Wonshik’s turn around in personality as Jeanne appears, am I right?