"What are you touching?" (Jongtae)

Drabble Collection

"What are you touching?"

Taemin flinched as Jonghyun's voice sounded behind him, and he quickly put the box back on top of the refrigerator where Jonghyun couldn't see it. 

"Nothing," he replied, attempting to keep his voice even. He turned around to find Jonghyun gazing toward where Taemin had stashed the box, his head cocked to the side. Like this, he kind of reminded Taemin of Roo, and he had to bite back a smile as he attempted to pry Jonghyun's attention from the top of the fridge. 

"Let's go watch a movie." He moved toward Jonghyun, grabbing his arm and pulling him toward the living room. 

Jonghyun, though smaller than Taemin, was stubborn, and he pulled away from Taemin to grab a chair from the kitchen table and move it over to the fridge. 

"Is it my Christmas present?"

Taemin in a breath, moving to circle his arms around Jonghyun's waist, pulling him down from where he was crawling onto the chair. 

"Nope," he said, grunting as Jonghyun's weight was lifted from the chair onto him. He nuzzled his face into Jonghyun's soft white turtleneck, kissing the spot below his ear before turning and depositing him onto the floor facing the living room. "Absolutely not. I didn't even get you a Christmas present."

Jonghyun let out a soft whine, elbowing Taemin in the stomach accidentally-on-purpose, smiling at the "oomph" that left Taemin's lips before turning back toward the fridge, only to find himself blocked by Taemin's chest. He moved forward, burrowing his face into the worn t-shirt that covered Taemin's form. 

"You're lying," he accused, his voice muffled by the clothing. 

"I'm lying," Taemin confirmed. "But you still can't look at whatever is on top of the fridge."

"You're such a sometimes."

"I'm not the one trying to ruin Christmas!" Taemin said incredulously, looking down at his pouting boyfriend. 

"I always tell you what you're getting," Jonghyun whined, pushing against Taemin's chest as Taemin walked, forcing him to shuffle backwards toward the living room. 

"Well, I'm not telling you. And I'm not showing you. And if you try to look at it again, I'm taking it back."

Taemin smirked at Jonghyun's indignant huff, pausing to turn off the light in the kitchen. 

"Let's go watch that Christmas movie you like. The one with the Harry Potter guy in it."

Jonghyun perked up, moving into the living room without being forced at the mention of his favorite Christmas movie. 

Taemin spared a glance into the dark kitchen, able to faintly make out the shape of the little black box on top of the refrigerator. Tomorrow he'd move it to a place Jonghyun wouldn't be able to find.