Hazards (Onkey)

Drabble Collection

It was late when Jinki got home. All of the lights in the apartment were out, except for a faint light coming from the kitchen that Jinki's alcohol-hazed brain processed slowly as the light above the stove. 

Door locked and keys dropped haphazardly onto the kitchen table, Jinki seated himself on the counter, taking the lid off the skillet and picking a few veggies out of what appeared to be stir fry to munch on. The food was still warm, and Jinki frowned. Did Kibum leave the stove on in order to keep the food warm? His frown deepened as he thought about the fire hazard. 

Kibum. Where was he? He needed to know it wasn't ok to leave the stove on while he was asleep. Jumping off the counter, Jinki stumbled into the table before fighting himself and turning down the hall to the bedroom. 

It was dark, and Jinki couldn't make out much, but he could see the huge pile of blankets under which Kibum was probably hidden. He wondered briefly how he was going to wrestle them away from his boyfriend before sighing and making his way to the bed, plopping down ungracefully. 

"Kibum."

No response. Jinki went on anyways. 

"You cooked for me."

Jinki frowned. That wasn't what he wanted to say. But it had something to do with it. 

"Kibum, wake up. We have to talk about the couch."

Nothing. 

"Kibum, I really like the couch. It's so soft, and it's really nice to have on because it doesn't hurt my knees when I ride you."

Jinki sighed. "That's why you can't leave the stove on. If you leave the stove on it could catch on fire. And then it would get the couch, too. And I really don't want to buy a new couch. Or a new stove. Or a new... Anything. Everything costs so much money. I don't want it. Kibum are you listening to me? Wake up. I ate some food but now I need you to listen."

Soft little hissing noises were coming from the pile of blankets, and it took Jinki's brain a few moments to process them as laughter. Kibum was laughing at him. 

"Bad, Kibum." Jinki reached over and grabbed a wad of blankets, pulling them down to reveal Kibum's face in the dark. "You were awake and you left the stove on anyways."

Kibum burst into true laughter now, not holding back. "I was awake, waiting for you to get home so you could cuddle me. I figured when you stopped texting me that you were too drunk, so I got ready for bed."

Jinki worked his mind overtime to figure out what Kibum thought was so funny, but the humor escaped him and he tried to turn his sternest look toward where he could see Kibum's glittering eyes and teeth from his smile. 

"But, the couch, Kibum. The stove."

"The stove's not even on. Did you check it?"

Kibum's voice was thick with laughter and Jinki thought about it. Had he?

"No, but I ate a carrot. And a green bean. It was warm."

I left it warming until I went to sleep, silly. I wasn't sure when you'd be home."

Jinki pouted. He wasn't silly, he was just worried for their apartment. 

"Plus, if I left the stove on and caught the place on fire, would the couch really be your first thought? You wouldn't even think of me?"

Eyes widening in the dark, Jinki clumsily pushed himself forward onto Kibum so he could kiss him. The kiss was slightly off-center, but he still hit Kibum's lips before pulling back and kissing him everywhere else on his face in quick little pecks. 

"Of." Kiss "Course." Kiss "I." Kiss "Would." Kiss "Think." Kiss "Of." Kiss "You." Kiss "First." Kiss. 

Kibum laughed and pushed Jinki away. "I appreciate that. But you taste like vodka. Go brush your teeth and get ready for bed. I'll go put the food up and get you some water."

Pushing himself off the bed, Kibum navigated his way through the darkness of the bedroom and into the faint light of the kitchen, hearing Jinki fumbling around behind him in the hallway. By the time he made it back to the bedroom, Jinki had already passed out on Kibum's side of the bed and was snoring softly. 

"I can't believe he was so worried about the couch."