Surprise (Taekey)

Drabble Collection

Taemin was an , Kibum decided. 

Quickly yanking open bags filled with uninflated balloons, Kibum sighed, looking around at all of the decorations he had so carefully placed before settling his eyes on the slumped form of Taemin on the couch. 

"You might as well help me, since you ruined it anyway."

Taemin's form stirred, one leg moving to dangle off the front of the couch as he turned his head to look Kibum in the eyes. 

"But it's my party," he whined. 

"Not anymore. Now it's just a party, not your party. You took that away from yourself when you decided to sneak and ruin the surprise."

"Bummie, it's not my fault you talk so loud. If you really wanted it to be a surprise, maybe you should've texted everyone about the party, rather than calling them all and risking me hearing."

"Maybe you should learn not to eavesdrop on other people's conversations," Kibum hissed, yanking a balloon out of the bag and stretching it violently in his hands. 

"Would it make you feel better if I acted surprised?"

Taemin's voice sounded pouty, and Kibum sighed.

"No, just... Come blow up these balloons. I need to go check on your cake."

"There's going to be cake?" Taemin's body shot up, and Kibum had to resist the urge to laugh at the confused look on his face. 

"What kind of birthday party is complete without cake? Even a birthday party that you ruined."