Dying Wish

Why I Love You (Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

-Alex’s POV-

 

I drove to my parents’ house and brought a coconut cake that my grandfather loves. My left hand glistened from the ring whenever a ray of light touches it. Siwon wanted me to always wear the ring. It’s really pretty, I love it so much, but I have to learn to get used to wearing it.

 

“Mama~~… I’m home…” I sang the moment I entered our house just in time for lunch.

 

“We’re all here…” My mom replied, hearing her voice coming from the dining room. When I got there, I saw my mom and my sister, Izzy at the kitchen and my grandfather at the porch with my Papa and brother.

 

“Is that my puppet Alexie?” I heard my grandfather called his pet name for me.

 

“Gramps!” I exclaimed as I almost ran to him. I gave him a hug like there’s no tomorrow. “When did you came in? How did you get here? You should’ve told us you’re coming! Oh, I brought you coconut cakes!” I rambled to my grandfather without even breathing in between.

 

“You’ve never changed my dear puppet. You’re still and always a rambler…” My Gramps gave a generous laugh as he held my face. “You don’t have to worry about me, this wrinkly old man can go wherever I wanted. I just came in this morning and I would love to eat those cakes with you…”

 

“And this wrinkly old man is so sweet as always…” I smiled at him.

 

“Your wrinkly old man just came in and got out immediately to go to church… So stubborn just like his granddaughter…” My mom said shaking her head.

 

“Let me see my beautiful granddaughter…” My grandfather said as he held me arms length. “Ah! My granddaughters are so beautiful as always…” He said as he looked at me and my sister, and we both giggled. “Before I forgot, I have a favor to ask you dear…”

 

“What is it Gramps?” I asked.

 

“Will you do a dying man’s wish?” He asked.

 

“Gramps, you’re not dying, you’re still strong…” I complained with an obvious frown on my face.

 

“Listen, I have a good friend that I want you to meet. He is a really good man and I know you both could get along well. He’s such a gentleman. I am approved of giving your hand to him…” My grandfather said which made my jaw drop. "This man, is the kind of man I want you to marry..." He continued.

 

“Gramps? Are you joking?” I gave a faint laugh or what turned out to be a snort. "You must be joking right? We're in the twentieth century and arranged marriages has been a taboo since, I don't know..." I rambled and wasn't able to finish my sentence. I look at my Mama and she mouthed me silently “Tell him…” I saw my sister holding in her laugh.

 

“I am not joking… I am going to arrange a dinner for you both to meet okay? He’s a nice boy, I met him at the church a while ago and he is really a good person…” My grandfather babbled. My jaw dropped some more; if it could be detached from my face, it would. *I can't and I refuse to believe this.*

 

“But gramps, I-I’m sorry I can’t…” I said apologetically. “I…I’m already engaged to be married to a good person…” I said and raised my left hand to show him the ring. This time, my grandfather’s jaw dropped.

 

“How could you marry a person I haven’t even met yet?” He said with his eyebrows bunched up.

 

“It was just last night that he proposed, Gramps. And Mama and Papa approves him…” I said gently.

 

“Puppet, just once, have dinner with him. I’m telling you, when you meet him you would change your mind marrying that person…” My grandfather stubbornly said.

 

“Gramps~~~?” I whined like a kid.

 

“That’s my dying wish for you Alexie, to see you marry a good person. Did I mention that he’s also good looking?” My grandfather added which made me whine some more.

 

“But my fiancé is also good looking, he’s actually a celebrity, a singer, actor and model…” I bragged and took my phone from my bag. “Here he is Gramps…” I showed him the wallpap

Please log in to read the full chapter