Realize

Why I Love You (Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Siwon's POV-

 

“BEEP! BEEP BEEP!” My alarm went off at six-thirty one Sunday morning. I could hear the inviting waves splashing on the shore of Honolulu. I opened an eye and squinted at the warm light peeking from my window curtain. I squinted more and adjusted my eyesight and saw the blaring red light from my alarm that was sitting on my bedside table. I grunted at the sound, making my hand slam on it to stop the annoying alarm. Despite the annoying sound, my breath hitched the moment I saw her face smiling at me. Her pearly whites shine like there’s no tomorrow, her lips plump and carved the way I like it. Her cheekbones rise up to her eyes. The way the sun strikes her face, it’s almost magical. I must’ve done something right during my past life to deserve this, to deserve her. *Thank you God!* I took her face to my hands, and inched her face to mine and kissed her. But she didn’t kissed me back, she just stared back at me smiling, her smile that never fades.

 

“Siwon ah! Are you awake?!” My manager yelled and knocked behind the door. “Are you kissing Alex’s picture frame again?” He mocked. I instantly blushed remembering how he caught me red handed last time. I really missed my Honey. It’s been more than a month since the last time I saw her and hugged her, when she drove me to the airport before going here to Hawaii for a drama filming.

 

“Aish…” I hissed before turning back to the picture frame that held her perfect smile. “I’ll Skype with you later Hun…” I whispered to her picture frame before putting it back to my bedside table. “I’m awake! Just give me five…” I yelled back before tossing the duvet off me and before going out of my bedroom to my hotel suite’s living room. I found my manager brewing coffee at the small kitchen. “Isn’t it my day off today? It’s Sunday…” I asked.

 

“Yes it is, but you said I have to wake you up for Church…” My manager said as he rummaged the drawers for teaspoons. “Coffee?” He asked, gesturing a coffee mug towards me.

 

“Yes please… Thank you hyung…” I said and took the news paper on the counter.

 

“If you miss Alex so much, why don’t you ask her to come with you when you’re away for too long?” My manager rambled while pouring freshly brewed coffee on our coffee mugs.

 

“You know I can’t just let her give-up what she’s doing right now, it’s in our rule. Besides, she’s really doing good with her career as a photographer. And she’s busy with her up coming and first one-woman show exhibit and shop opening…” I rambled back as I scanned the news paper, but no news registered in my brain and all I could think about right now is how excited and proud I am for her success.

 

“So when are you going to drop the bomb?” Manager-hyung asked as he placed a coffee mug in front of me.

 

“Soon.” I said rather dismissively with a shoulder shrug.

 

“Diamonds are forever Siwon-ah, but you’ll be out of your child productivity before you know it…” Manager-hyung teased.

 

I rebutted immediately. “Hyung?! You know that we-”

 

“You’re waiting after marriage… I know, I know… But I’m just saying…” Manager-hyung cut me off and finished for me with his hands raised in defeat. 

 

When Alex and I were just starting our relationship, we had this conversation on her precious rooftop while we were star gazing. We were lying on blankets on her rooftop; our backs lay flat without even touching each other, but we just have this connection that we can’t explain. We were talking about anything under the sun or stars or moon to be precise when she babbled that her friend Joori, who got pregnant and is expecting in eight months time. Then she said as she stared at the infinite sky… “I don’t want that to happen to me. I want my first to be special, I want my first to be blessed. When I was in highschool, when everyone’s started doing “it”, I made a promise to myself that I’m gonna wait until I get married. It’s the only priceless gift I could give to my husband…” She babbled as if she’s not telling it to me, her boyfriend. I actually felt proud of her with what she said, so I took her hand and kissed it. I respected her promise, and I kept it throughout the years that we’re together. I have to admit, I’m still young and active, and sometimes I feel something towards her, more than attraction. But then again, that’s just a feeling, it could wait. 

 

Until one day, when some of the Super Junior members and I were strolling around the hotel mall -during one of SMTown out of the country concerts- I found myself staring at a jewellery shop. I was looking at this particular ring that truly reminded me of her. It’s a simple white gold band, adorned with a sparkling star shaped diamond. Suddenly, my phone rang and I answered it without even looking who the caller is, thinking that its was only my manager looking for me. But to my surprise, it was Alex’s voice speaking in the other line. From then on I pictured myself putting that exact ring on her finger. Pictures of us happy together flashed on my mind. I knew right then and there that she’s the one…

 

It’s been months since I bought that ring and I haven’t found the right time or special time to give it to her. That’s why I’m always being teased by my manager-hyung about it. I guess I’m afraid to be rejected. But I know that she loves me, and I love her. I’m just looking for the perfect time.

 

 

 

 

Right after attending the Sunday service, I went to offer some time at the Church’s community service. We’re serving lunch for the elderly today. Then I met Grandpa, as I call him and he calls me Andrew, he fought during the World War and that’s why he’s here in Hawaii. He knows many languages, Korean, Chinese, Tagalog, Japanese, Spanish, English. He’s a translator during the war and he’s just really smart. He’s really old and wrinkly but he still have this macho image and he’s still smart. It’s just that his hearing got defected during the war and I had to talk to him pretty loud so that he could hear me. We ate lunch together and talked anything under the sun, pretty much anything related from the war actually. I’m glad that he doesn’t know me, or recognise me. He just said that I looked like someone from a drama. It felt nice to talk to someone who doesn’t know you and would treat you like a normal human being.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter