The Ring And Lee Donghae

Why I Love You (Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It’s Thursday and I’m doing my last minute preparations and packing for my flight tomorrow back to Seoul. I’m really excited! I have so much presents for my family, especially for my niece. I also bought presents for Alex of course, but she loves simple things and she doesn’t really want people -including me, especially me- to spend so much for her. But I don’t care and she knows that too. I’m actually thinking that I might have excess baggage with the looks of the things to be packed, but it’s okay. All I know is that I’m excited to go home.

 

Before going to bed, I made an email to people that’s going to be involved with my big plan, our respective managers, the President of the SMent and of course, Leeteuk-hyung and Heechul-hyung; even though all the members know that I bought an intriguing ring for Alex. Next, I called my family, my dad was just so proud, my mom cried and my sister said “Finally!”. She’s been teasing me nonstop when I showed her the ring but I didn’t know how to do it. Lastly, I Skyped Alex’s family, plucking all the courage I could get to formally —even though not personally— ask Alex’s hand for marriage. Her family members were all surprised, her mama was holding back her tears but her papa was so stunned and a tear fell on his cheek. Alex’s younger sister was so happy and so as her youngest brother. In the end they all gave me their blessings and was so happy for us and wishing us well for this engagement. There’s only one thing left, and that is to personally and formally ask my Honey for her hand in marriage. I wasn’t really able to sleep well after that. Maybe I’ll just sleep in my almost ten hour flight to Seoul tomorrow.

 

I’ll be arriving at Incheon International Airport on Saturday in the afternoon. I only have few hours left to prep up for her exhibit. Alex was unfortunately busy preparing for her exhibit’s opening and she won’t be able to welcome me from the airport. The moment the plane touched down, I turned off the Airplane Mode of my phone and immediately called her. It took few rings before she could answer her phone.

 

“Hey Hun!” Alex answered quite panting.

 

“Hi I’m here! The plane just landed.” I said.

 

“Oh you are? That’s great!” She said, and I sensed she felt relieved when I said that. “How was your flight?” She asked.

 

“Well I just slept most of the flight…” I said, I was about to say something but I was stopped short.

 

“Hold on Hun…” She said and told someone to place something on a board then returned back to me. “I’m sorry…” She apologetically said.

 

“No worries, I know it’s a little chaotic now. Is there anything I can do to help?” I asked worriedly.

 

“No, but thank you. I know you’re tired, you just wrapped up your filming abroad, you’re jet lagged I’m sure and you’ve been in a long flight. Why don’t you just head home and rest for a bit?” Alex said, and I know she’s worried about me too. “Just be here on time, okay?”

 

“Well, you take care of yourself too, you’ve been working hard for your show today…” I said and heard her giving a faint laugh. “So finish whatever you have to finish, so you could prep up for your show later…”

 

“Okay…” Alex sang and I could hear from her voice that she’s smiling.

 

“I can’t wait to see you, doll face…” I whispered.

 

“Me too…” She whispered back. “I really have to go Hun, I’m sorry…” She said in her normal voice.

 

“Yeah, me too, my bags are here… See you in a few…” I said immediately. “I love you…” I whispered.

 

Alex giggled. “I love you too…” She whispered back before cutting the line. I smiled like a loon while staring at my phone.

 

When I got to my apartment, I rested for a few minutes before giving myself a generous bath. I shaved my growing stubble, I styled my hair neatly, I put on perfume, and prepared my outfit for tonight -a pair of black pants and jacket and a crisp white dress shirt and laid it on my bed. *What else do I need?* I asked myself as I looked at my clothes on my bed. *Ah! The ring!* I hurriedly took my carry-on bag and got a small velvet blue box which holds the ring for months now and placed it beside my car keys so I won’t forget it.

 

Two hours before going to the exhibit, I went to the Super Junior dorms to pick up the other guys. Good thing I came in earlier, some of them were still preparing when I got there.

 

“Siwon-hyung is here!” Henry yelled which echoed in the entire pad. “Hi hyung!” he greeted.

 

“Hi bud!” I greeted back. I went straight to the living room and found Heechul-hyung, ready as ever and sitting on the sofa. I sat beside him after greeting each other.

 

“Aren’t you guys ready yet? Siwon’s already here…” Heechul-hyung complained as he looked into his phone to check the time. We all know that he doesn’t want to be late and doesn’t want to be kept waiting.

 

“I’m ready!” Ryeowook said.

 

“Me too!” Kangin-hyung said as he went out of the room.

 

“Where’s Leeteuk-hyung?” I asked.

 

“Still prepping up, I guess…” Ryeowook shrugged. The main door of their dorms opened again and entered Sungmin-hyung with Leeteuk-hyung, Donghae and Eunhyuk. I noticed Sungmin-hyung not wearing the clothes for an exhibit opening.

 

“Sungmin-hyung, aren’t you coming?” I asked.

 

“I can’t, it’s my umma’s birthday, I have to go home for dinner. But I bought a present for Alex…” He chirped as he sat beside me and rummaged his bag. When he found what he was looking for, he handed me a rectangular flat box, with

Please log in to read the full chapter