Chapter 7

Mythnal Academy

The first years students all gathered to the front for their introductions. Jungsoo walked over to stand in front of them, holding a sheet of paper.

"I will call your names, alphabetically by last name. Once called, please stand up and introduce yourself."

Maejin took a few deep breaths, happy she wouldn't have to go first. After the first few students introduced themselves, Jungsoo studied the next name, then smiled.

"Ah, the young genius himself." He said.

"Genius?" Eunmi looked at the other studnets who hadn't been called yet, wondering who it was.

"Han Sanghyuk." Jungsoo called, still smiling.

A tall, cute-looking boy with blonde hair shyly stood up, giving a small wave.

"Nice to meet you all." He said. "I'm Han Sanghyuk. But I just go by Hyuk. I'm an elf."

Jungsoo's smiled widened. "Hyuk had the highest score among this years first year students. A perfect score!" The other students applauded. "I, as well as the rest of the staff, were so pleased that we allowed him to attend Mythnal Academy a year earlier."

"Wait, what?" A girl with long brown hair questioned. "What do you mean, earlier?"

"Hyuk is fifteen years old." Jungsoo explained. "You know how you can take a pre-test at age fifteen, to let the school see your potential?" The students nodded. "Not many get a perfect score on the pre-test. A lot of the questions are very difficult. We couldn't let his potential go to waste for another year, so, as Headmaster, I allowed him to attend this year."

"Woah, that's cool." Eunmi gazed at Hyuk in awe. "You are a genius."

Hyuk rubbed the back of his neck. "Not really. I still have a lot to learn."

Jungsoo then glanced over at another boy, also tall and blonde, standing behind Hyuk's seat. He had a gold choker around his neck. "And the boy standing behind you is you're slave, I presume? Will you introduce him, please?"

Hyuk nodded. "Yes." He the smiled, glancing back at the boy. "This is Leo. He's a vampire."

"How long has he been your slave?" Jungsoo asked.

"Three years." Hyuk responded.

Jungsoo nodded. "Very good. You may sit back down." As Hyuk sat, Jungsoo glanced at the paper. "Let's see, there's no last names starting with I so on to J."

After a few more students were introduced, Jungsoo once again deeply studied another name.

"Ah...Jung. As in, Jessica Jung's sister?" He questioned.

The brown haired girl who spoke before stood up. "Krystal Jung. It's nice to meet you. Like my older sister, Jessica, I am a dragon."

"Jessica's form is an earth dragon." Jungsoo stated. "May I ask what yours is?"

Krystal smiled, twirling her hair. "Why, of course, headmaster! My form is a water dragon!"

"I don't know much about dragons." Eunmi whispered to Maejin. "What's a form?"

"Their true forms." Maejin explained. "They're dragons, born dragons. They can all change into a human form, any form they wish."

"Ohhhhh." Eunmi glanced over at Krystal. "That explains why her features are...so perfect." She scowled. "Too perfect."

Krystal glanced over to her side, where a girl with short brown hair with blonde highlights stood. Around her neck was a black, studded choker with a large ring hooked to the front.

"This is my slave. Like my sister, I haven't given her a name." Maejin scowled as Krystal took out a short, black leash and hooked it to the ring on the collar. "Calling her slave is good enough." 

Jungsoo nodded. "You definitely are Jessica's sister."

Maejin knew she and Krystal would not get along. Their views on slavery were completely opposite.

Soon, it came time for Hongbin and Maejin's introductions.

"Lee Hongbin." Jungsoo read.

Hongbin stood up, giving a quick smile. "Hi, I'm Lee Hongbin. I'm an angel."

Jungsoo smiled. "A fellow angel. Wonderful."

"I'm also a twin," Hongbin added.

Jungsoo blinked. "A twin?"

Maejin stood up. "Hi, I'm Lee Maejin. Hongbin's twin sister."

Jungsoo looked at his paper again, studying their names.

"Lee...angels...twins..." He gasped. "Lee, as in, the Lee family? Super Tools?" (A/N: That's the family's company's name)

Maejin and Hongbin nodded.

"Yeah." Hongbin said.

Jungsoo clapped his hands together excitedly. "Wonderful! Two new wonderful students added to this academy!" He then gestured behind them, where Ken and N stood. "and your slaves?"

Hongbin nodded. "Yes." He motioned for Ken to step forward. "This is Ken, a werewolf. He's been...serving me for three years."

Jungsoo then looked at Maejin. "And yours, sweetie?"

Maejin sighed. "His name's N. Demon. I just got him."

Jungsoo's eyes widened. "A demon?"

Maejin nodded. "Yes, sir."

Jungsoo smiled, motioning for his slave to come forward.

"As fellow demon slave masters, I welcome you to Mythnal Academy. " He patted the demon's head. "Also, I don't usually do this until later, but I will formally introduce you to my slave."

N glanced at the demon curiously.

"His name is Key. He's 19 years old now...meaning I've owned him for five years."

Owned him. The phrase made Maejin upset, but she did her best not to show it. 

"I'll be keeping track of you, Maejin." Jungsoo smiled. "I expect great things from you.

Great. Just great. Maejin thought as she sat down. 

Later down the list, again, Jungsoo studied another name, beaming with pride.

"Finally, another member of the Oh family, here to grace us with his presence." Jungsoo glanced over at a stoic faced boy with dark, reddish brown hair. "Oh Sehun."

Sehun stood up, looking very uninterested in what was going on. "I'm Oh Sehun. Mage."

Eunmi gazed at him in awe. "The Oh family...the wealthiest family in the world. Just above your family, MaeMae."

Maejin studied the boy. "I wouldn't get too interested, Mimi. He seems like the rich, spoiled brat type."

Eunmi giggled. "Seems, but might not be." She stared at him again. "I hope he's not."

Maejin rolled her eyes.

"My slave is Luhan. A fallen." Sehun said. Behind him stood a boy who also had dark brownish red hair like his master. He had a cute, deer-like face.

Jungsoo nodded. "Nice to meet you, Oh Sehun." He went back to his list. "Moving on."

Eunmi was last to go and she cheerfully introduced herself, as well as Ravi. After that, the first year introductions were finished.

"Well, it was very nice to meet all of your new faces." Jungsoo smiled again. Maejin wondered if it was real or just put on for politeness. "Just outside the doors is a list of all roommate assignments. Please take a look at it as you leave."

With that, he dismissed them and they hurried out of the hall to see who their roommates were.

"I really hope the three of us are together." Eunmi said, linking arms with Maejin and Hongbin. "It'd be awesome!"

Maejin laughed. "Yeah, it would be."

When they left the hall, a large sheet of paper was pinned to the side wall. After the other first years looked at it first, Maejin stepped up to check it while the others stood behind her. She quickly found her name.

Room 306

Byun Baekhyun

Lee Maejin

Oh Sehun

Park Chanyeol

San Eunmi

"We're roommates, Mimi!" Maejin announced. "And we're also with Baekhyun and Chanyeol!"

"The ones you met on the train?" Hongbin asked.

Eunmi squealed. "Yay! What about the fifth one?"

Maejin covered her ears."Oh Sehun."

Eunmi squealed louder than before, hurting Hongbin's ears, who hadn't covered them like his sister. After recovering, he moved to find his name on the paper.

Room 410

Han Sanghyuk

Jessica Jung

Krystal Jung

Lee Hongbin

Zang Yixing

He moaned. "I'm rooming with the Jung sisters. Not fair."

Maejin glanced at the paper. "And that genius kid, Hyuk. That's a good one. He can help you with your homework." She looked at the last name. "Zang Yixing. Interesting name."

Hongbin sighed. "Hopefully he's not like the Jung sisters. Hyuk seems like an okay kid."

Eunmi squealed. "I get to room with my bestie, my two new friends, and my first school crush! I'm so happy!"

Ravi rolled his eyes. "Just cause he's tall, rich, and handsome."

Eunmi punched his arm. "I like him, okay?" She gazed off dreamily. "Plus, it's fate that we were roomed together. We must be destined to be together."

Ravi scoffed. "Destined? Since when did you believe in that bullcrap?"

Eunmi ignored him, still staring off into space. Hongbin sighed, reluctantly heading to the fourth floor with Ken to meet his roommates. 

First day, so far so good. Maejin thought. Hopefully it stays that way.