Chapter 6

Mythnal Academy

A/N: So I wasn't sure at first who to have as slaves for super junior, but now I've figured it out. One is shown in this chapter. See if you guys can guess who it is. :)

 

They arrived outside the academy just before 6pm and the students quickly scurried off the train, though Maejiin and the others took their time, chatting excitedly to each other. They were literally in the middle of nowhere, the land dry and dusty. After about a ten minute's walk from the train station,  they all stopped in front of a large stone archway located between two mountains, where a boy dressed all in black stood waiting for them.

The first thing that Maejin noticed were the wings...black and bat-like just like N's, with the edges a dark purple instead of green. The boy had pitch black hair, his bangs cut at an angle so they almost covered his left eye, the front streaked with dark purple. His eyes were fierce, bright and purple. She then noticed the tail, also like N's, but with purple fur. Around his neck was a purple, velvet collar with a small, golden locket attached to the front.

Maejin glanced over at N, who was staring at the boy curiously.

What are the odds there'd be another demon here at academy?

The boy placed his right hand to his heart and bowed to them.

"Welcome to Mythnal Academy." He greeted. "Please follow me and I will guide you to the dining hall."

The students all followed the demon boy through the archway, which at first had looked like it led to another desert-like area. But once the students stepped through it, the image shifted to change into a large courtyard garden. It was beautiful, filled with many kinds of flowers, as well as a large, stone fountain in the center. The boy led them down a path, which led to the large, magnificent, medieval-like castle. 

"Wow!" Eunji squealed. "It's even better than I imagined!"

After entering the castle, the students were led down a long hallway before they were stopped in front of a set of large double doors. Two men stood at the doors, wearing long, hooded robes and each holding what looked to be staffs.

"Mages." Maejin whispered. 

The two mages nodded to the boy, who bowed before opening the doors. 

"Welcome to the dining hall." The boy said, leading them through the doors. 

The dining hall was huge, the floor made of stone. There were lines and lines of long, wooden tables, where other students who had arrived earlier were seated. On the other side of the room, one long table stood facing the doors. There were men seated in eleven chairs, one large in the middle with five smaller chairs on each side. The man seated in the large middle seat stood up as the students entered and the demon boy stopped to turn around and bow.

"Please take a seat where ever you may like. Dinner will be served soon." He then walked over to the man who stood up, bowing to him before moving to stand behind him.

"That must be his master." Eunji said before leading them over to an empty table in a far corner. 

Ravi nodded. "Yup. And it looks like most of the other men up there are masters, too."

There were six other slaves who stood behind a seat, three girls and three boys. Quickly glaning around, Maejin also noticed that there were other slaves standing against the walls. None were sitting at the tables.

"You guys should probalby follow what the others are doing." Maejin said, glancing at N, Ken, Ravi, Chen, and Kai. "I really don't want to draw attention to ourselves on the first night."

"Good idea." Ken said. "Plus, we might get into trouble."

With that said, they went to stand against the wall near the table Maejin, Eunji, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol sat at. After about a few minutes, the doors opened and numerous cooks entered pushing carts filled with food. A cart stopped at each table, the cooks placing trays and trays of various foods on the table. Eunji squealed as the cart for their table approached and the cook began placing the trays in front of them.

"So much food! I don't know where to start!" Chanyeol grinned. Maejin and Eunji had learned that he was an elf, having not gotten his ears yet since he wasn't of age. Once he turned eighteen, they would become pointy. Elves all had elemental powers and his was fire. He also said he was skilled in archery, one that most elves learned.

Baekhyun reached over to grab a potato, laughing as his best friend struggled to choose what to start with first. "Just get one of everything if you can't decide."

Baekhyun was an angel, much to Maejin's delight. She felt ecstatic that not only did she find someone with the same views as her, but that he was also the same race. She couldn't wait for Ability Training class, where she'd have a parter to fly with.

After a few minutes, Maejin snuck a glance back at the others against the wall. She knew they all must be hungry and wondered if there was a way she could sneak food for them without getting caught. N kept looking at the trays of meat, almost drooling. Ken and Ravi's attention was on the deserts, Ken more so on the chocolate. Kai looked really down. He was eyeing a tray full of chicken, pouting. Chen gave his little brother a comforting glance, trying not to eye the tray of Chinese dumplings. The brothers were werewolves, and Ken had been overjoyed hearing that. He now had two werewolf slave pals.

Dinner went for about an hour. After that, the man sitting in the center seat stood up and held up his hands to silence the students down. He had long, golden blonde hair, which was tied in a side ponytail. After the hall went quiet, he cleared his throat.

"Welcome, new students! For those students returning, welcome back! My name is Park Jungsoo and I am Headmaster here at Mythnal Academy!"

"So he's the Headmaster?" Eunmi smiled. "Cool!"

The Headmaster continued. "I hope everyone had an enjoyable dinner! For those new, the kitchen is open until eleven, so if you feel the need to grab a late night snack, feel free to do so!"

Maejin glanced over at Eunmi, who smiled. That's how we'll sneak them some food!

"Classes begin tomorrow morning at 8am sharp! We also do serve breakfast here in the dining hall, from 6am to 7:30am! Your schedules have been placed inside your dorm rooms! A list of this year's rommates is now being posted outside the dining hall so please have a look at it once I dismiss you!"

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol. "Hope we get to be roomies again, Chan."

Chaneyol nodded. "Me, too."

"A few rules to state..." Jungsoo looked to his back and gestured for the demon boy to step up beside him. "Those with slaves must follow these at all times."

Maejin paled. She didn't know there'd actually be rules for that here. She figured you did whatever you wanted.

"During any meals in the dining hall, slaves are not allowed to sit at the dining tables or eat."

Eunmi pouted. "Darn it."

"During school hours, slaves must always be accompanying their master. To class, in class, from class."

"Well, that we can do." Maejin said.

Baekhyun scowled. "Wait for it."

"During that time, they are only allowed to stand. No sitting. And no speaking unless asked to by their master."

Maejin mirrored Baekhyun's scowl. "Well, darn it."

"Any other time is free time. Masters may have their slaves do as they please. This also includes inisde the dorms as well. As for the kitchen..."

Maejin leaned forward, anxious.

"Slaves are allowed to get food from the kitchen. There are no rules against that."

Maejin sighed. "Good."

"But do please note that the cooks are not expected or forced to cook for slaves. And some will not cook for them."

Maejin scoffed. "Jerks."

Baekhyun smiled. "Don't worry. Chaneyol and I know which cooks to ask."

Chanyeol nodded. "They're really nice and will cook anything."

Maejin felt relief, glad that N and the others wouldn't starve at this school.

Jungsoo clapped his hands together. "With that being said, returning students are dismissed! New students, please stay where you are, as we will do introductions!"

Eunji tilted her head to the side. "Introductions?"

"All first years come together and introduce themselves," Baekhyun explained. "And are also introduced to the faculty."

"Sounds like fun." Maejin said sarcastically. 

"Don't worry, it'll be fine!" Chanyeol said before jumping up to leave.

Baekhyun patted Maejin on the back before also getting up. "See you guys later."

After all the returning students left, about twenty new ones were left sitting in the dining hall.

Jungsoo clapped his hands again. "New students, please come sit near the front so we're all closer together! Slaves, please come stand beside them!"

Maejin glanced at Eunmi, Ravi, then at N, sighing. "Well, time to meet our fellow first years."