Operation 1 (pt.2) : Lock-In Love Note

Matchmaking In The Making

The day had gone by surprisingly fast and Woozi spent most of the time in his recording room. He still attended necessary classes, but once the bell rang for break time, Woozi could always be seen heading towards his cave studio. 

But today, he kept looking out for a certain idiot. Well, not really idiot since he's actually the president, but an idiot nonetheless. The letter he received... He needed to talk about it. But Seungcheol wasn't anywhere to be seen. Woozi huffed in frustration, this was one of the times where having different class schedules is really inconvenient. They were also in different grades, and thus different buildings, so they can't just bump into each other. 

Usually Seungcheol would always take time out of his day to see him though, whether it'd be in front of Woozi's class or in his cave

But today was different, Seuncheol didn't go out of his way to see Woozi at all like he usually does.

 

Usually? I meant always. -.-

 

Woozi swallowed the feeling of loneliness and glared at the people around him. 

He'll just have to see Seungcheol after school then, Woozi figured. Seungcheol was probably busy. He doesn't have to check on the pink-haired student at all times of the day. And Woozi sure as hell doesn't need the president to be with him, of course not. Seungcheol was annoying anyways, with his gummy smiles and contagious laughs. With his charismatic voice and charm. With his   No, Woozi doesn't need him at all.

Soon enough the final bell rung. Woozi sighed and looked out the window to his left. His eyes widened when he saw the boy he'd been thinking of, walking to the back of the gym. His disciplinary-senses were tingling and he narrowed his lazer eyes at the figure. Woozi left soon after, a cloud of black smoke forming around his fuming figure.

 


 

On the other side of the building, there was a specific class that was making more rukus than needed. 

Hoshi begged the teacher to be let out at the last 10 minutes of class. He downright went down on his knees and whined. The classmates didn't bat an eyelash at the demonstration. They continued to do their work diligently while the teacher deadpanned. 

"You do realize you're going to get beat up if you get out of class early, right?" the teacher sighed. "Hell, I'm going to get beat up if I let you go"

"But teacherrrrr please! I'll make sure Woozi doesn't see me", Hoshi promised. He was sure it will be okay because it's the last class of the day and Woozi was probably in his stuffy cave the time being. The teacher frowned. 

"It's not Woozi I'm worried about", the teacher rubbed his head ("Though that's a big thing too"). "No, that one doesn't have eyes in the sky"

Hoshi tilted his head at that. Then who the heck was his almighty teacher scared of? And yes, the old man was scared. Someone shivering like that has to be somewhat nervous, Hoshi squinted. The teacher sighed before taking a cautious look around the classroom. He opened his mouth.

"That Jeju kid is much more terrifying. He has eyes all over the school"

"That indeed I do, sir", the classroom intercom suddenly bursted into life. Hoshi brightened up at the familiar coy voice. 

"Ahh Seungkwannie!", Hoshi greeted excitedly.

 

... How are you so happy? Don't you find this creepy?... Err then again, you guys are all weird. >.>

 

"Hey Hoshi-hyung! What are you doing causing a ruckus there?", Seungkwan smiled at the monitor, his trusty microphone in front of him. Yes, he was currently at the beloved principal's office. Yes, he was skipping class. Yes, he will regret this later

"I need to get out early today! Can't really tell you anything now but... I'll make you a deal. Get me out of here without any consequences and I'll let you in on a secret" Hoshi bargained. He wasn't planning to tell anyone anything before finding out if his JiCheol would be successful or not but...But then again, Hoshi is very sure of his plan so it wouldn't matter in the end. Plus, if something did go wrong (Hoshi: Which for sure it won't *Nods head*), it would still be a win-win situation because he can get out of the classroom AND gain a reliable ally. "So would you do this for me, my beloved dongsaeng-ah?", Hoshi added as an extra push. 

Seungkwan reclined in his seat. He rubbed his chin. On one hand, he might have to deal with his devil of a best friend (Seungkwan: That is... if Jihoon knows about this). On the other, he'll get to be a part of some sort of operation. Something secretive... Something interesting. He took notice of Hoshi while said dance captain was in his classes, but the camera was unfortunately too far away from the blond so Seungkwan couldn't see what Hoshi was really up to. All he got was (Blank) Operation and that was all. 

Seungkwan could feel an annoying itch climbing up his spine. His need to know what was going on made its way into Seungkwan's mind. He decided that if he could be alive with Woozi knowing about his regular escapes, then covering for Hoshi wouldn't be that bad. Seungkwan could just blame Hoshi if Woozi cornered him, after all~.

"Okay hyung, I'll take you up on your offer. I'll cover you but in exchange you're going to tell me everything!", Seungkwan shouted. He already had a computer out in front of him from before (Taking notes by looking at his class through the monitor) and clicked on a special document. He looked over the slip before faxing it over to the teacher in Hoshi's classroom.

In said classroom, the printer came to life with a beep that practically scared everyone there, including Hoshi. "Teacher-nim, that thing that's printing right there is Hoshi's pass. It can be used if he gets caught. But don't worry, you won't have anything to do with this, I assure it", Seungkwan's voice piped in soon after. 

The teacher shuddered. "Crazy kids and their overwhelming presence these days", he uttered underneath his breath as he made he way over to the printer. He handed the slip to Hoshi, who looked like a brat kid receiving the best gift on christmas morning. 

"Wahh thanks, dongsaeng-ah! We'll talk tomorrow then!", Hoshi grinned and bowed his head slightly. 

"Mhm, pleasure doing business with you Hoshi-hyung! And OH!"

 

*Cue classmates jumping in their seats at the sudden shout*

 

"You all never heard me talk a peep over the intercom"

 

*Cue everyone sweatdropping* (Hoshi: Seungkwan-ahh... you've been hanging around with Jihoon too muchh)

 

Hoshi ran out of the classroom, out of the building, to the back of the gym. After searching for the perfect hideout, Hoshi settled with sitting down behind some conviniently-tall bushes, in which have some conviniently-sized holes so that Hoshi can see what he needed to see. (Hoshi: Weird... was someone here before? A... Stalker, maybe?) He shrugged the thought and looked through the bushes, preparing himself mentally for the love fest to come.

 

... If it comes ;)

 

Hoshi waited for a loooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time (Which wasn't that long, actually. He's just really excited). He huffed and lied down on his back. The sun and the cool breeze around him was making him feel sleepy. The fact that he didn't eat much during lunch doesn't help him in this situation at all. The sound of squeeks from the gym was quiet enough that it doesn't disturb the atmosphere. The sounds of footsteps, on the other ha   foot, wasn't though. Hoshi bolted upright. He squinted to see who it was and beamed. 

Lo and behold, our Hip Hop leader, school president, the boy next door with a gummy smile to melt you into a puddle of goo--

Choi Seungcheol!!!

Hoshi grinned evily.

Let the matchmaking, begin!

 


 

Seungcheol looked around nervously. He didn't understand his sudden need to bow, as if there was an audience in front of him, but it was making him hella nervous (Seungcheol: Why do I hear clapping in the distance?). He was also nervous because he had never been openly called out by the vocal leader before (Seungcheol: By girls, yeah *Smirks* But by Woozi? Not so much...). Seungcheol glanced continuely at his watch, oblivious to a certain dance captain's glee. 

And suddenly, a mop of pink hair appeared. 

 

The figure was flying! 

Gracefully! Enchantingly!

His leg connected with the president's head!

 

Wait . . . His  leg  connected  to  the  presiden't  head . . .?  

 

"OWWW", hissed Seungcheol dying on the ground. Woozi stood over him, expression dark (Minmi: as my soul~ Wow I haven't appeared in quite a bit)

"Who told you that you could be out of class before the last bell?", Woozi spoke slowly and scarily. Hoshi shuddered, right hand finding its way to Hoshi's pocket. He clutched the slip in his hand. The only protection he had against the grim reaper

"You did!", Seungcheol shouted in apprehension. This snapped Woozi out of his reaper state. Hoshi got a hold of himself too by that loud cry. Woozi tilted his head cutely. 

"I did?", Woozi questioned. He racked his head for a comformation, but found nothing. He knew he didn't see Seungcheol at all today so? Did he accidentally text Seungcheol while he was asleep or? Cuz he did that a lot... No, that can't be it. "OH", Woozi twisted his body as his hand reached for his pocket. From there, he got the letter out that was in the locker. 

At this point, Hoshi was basically jumping in place (Hoshi: Thank goodness the bushes are really tall). But YES! Finally they're going to talk about the note and Woozi would open it, Seungcheol would blush and Woozi would say yes and they would live happily ever after and have 17 kids--

"I think this is for you", Woozi stated as he handed the note to the confused president. Hoshi's jaw dropped. "I found this in my locker, but I think this is suppose to be for you. Your locker's right next to mine sooo" 

You can hear Hoshi's facepalm a mile away, but Seuncheol and Woozi payed it no attention. Instead, Seuncheol took the note and inspected it. "How do you know?", he questioned as he turned the letter over. 

"The innitials. It says S.C, meaning that it's for you, right?"

Hoshi facepalmed again. Honestly, leave it to Woozi to never know what a confession letter look like. Seuncheol seemed to finally understand what was going on and smiled albit strainly. He shook his head and handed it back to Woozi.

"No, I think this is for YOU", Seungcheol said sadly. Hoshi sighed, at least one person knew what was going on. Maybe the ploy would work out after all! Seungcheol can just take the credit and confess now! 

"This innitials is from the person who's giving you the letter. But I didn't do it though... (Hoshi: Annddd nevermind, you ruined it Mr Good-For-Nothing President) My innitials are different. I'm C.S, remember? Choi Seungcheol"

"Oh... I forgot. You've always been the type to go by your first name. I thought it'd apply in this situation"

"Nahh, letters are not my thing. It's also not my thing to take credit for someone else's confession..."

"What?"

"Nothing, I just said that letter's weren't my thing."

Hoshi internally cried at how much he was facepalming in under 10 minutes. This was probably not good for his beautiful face. Ughh, leave it to Seungcheol to say such heroic things in unnecessary moments. 

"Well, you can go ahead and open the letter. It looks like the person was too much of a coward and didn't show up", Seungcheol said after a few moments of silences. Woozi nodded his head, (ignoring Seungcheol's annoyed tone when he reference that person) and nervously lifted the flap. He got the note out and gasped. 

 


 

Dear'st lee jihoon,
I penned this lett'r today to asketh whe'er thoust any scentimental feelings towards me. I hast been courting thou f'r a longeth timeth and I wouldst liketh to asketh whe'er thou wouldst goeth out with me? Meeteth me at the backeth of the gym aft'r academe. I shall be patiently biding. 

Your beloved, S.C

 


 

"This is definitely a prank", Woozi deadpanned at the olden language. Seungcheol couldn't even contain himself as he laughed loudly on the floor.

He had been wondering why Woozi stood so still during his reading and couldn't help but steal a glimpse at the paper that got Woozi frozen in place. He didn't regret it though as he felt laughter bubbling whenever he opened his mouth to speak. Seungcheol setttled on nodding his head in agreement, though it was a great prank in his mind. Hoshi, on the other hand, frowned in offense. He thought it was suppose to be romantic though? Wasn't Shakespear romantic? They were studying Romeo and Juliet in English class and it's been said to be one of the greatest love story ever! But then agian, Hoshi wasn't paying any attention at all to class. Wait then how the hell did he come up with Romeo? (Hoshi: Romeo and Cinderella?? Oh wait no, that's a KaitoxMiku song... Ughh at least I tried okayy

Woozi continued speaking (as if he hadn't crushed Hoshi's spirits at all), "It's wayy to old. No one speaks like this, not even me, and I'm the documentary"

"Pfft and the person spelled sentimental wrong! What an idiot hahaha!", Seungcheol laughed again as he pointed to the silly spelling mistake. Hoshi felt his frustration rise and found himself standing up. 

"Hey I'm not an idiot!  

Bring Bring Bringggg

"Oh it's the bell", Seungcheol said as he looked up. Woozi nodded at that.

"Well, we should get going then. Come'on", Woozi said as he crumpled the letter and pocketed it. Woozi turned and walked away, Seuncheol following in his steps. 

.

.

.

Hoshi breathed a sigh of reflief and let down his hand from where it was originally at: His loud mouth. He cursed inwardly from almost giving himself away. Hoshi sighed. This was much harder than he thought. He looked down to the ground and smiled slightly. "Okay, you guys may not be the easiest people to set up. But I'm willing to take you guys on"

(Hoshi: Challange accepted)

 

First Mission: Failed. 

 


 

("Isn't there a girl known as SC* in our school?")

("Huh? Oh yeah! But she won't do this type of thing though. Pranking is not her call")

("And how would YOU know?")

("She's MY fangirl~ She even named herself after me~")

("Technically, she likes all of you. Though I wonder how, considering how crazy / dorky you guys are -.-")

("We're not that bad!")

 


 

Author's notes:

... It's been a while, huh? Haha... *nervous laughter*

Okay, I would like to start by apologizing from the very bottom of my heart. 

I am so sorry that this was delayed big time. 

After my break I was hit with finals and papers and I don't know what to say, I really feel like I might've disappointed some of you guys.

... TBH I wasn't actually planning to post it now, maybe a bit later when I have more information about SeventeenCarrot* (THANKS FOR CAMEOING, SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST!<3), but umm I got my semester report and uhh, I didn't do as well as I hoped to. Especially for the class I struggle with the most, I had the lowest score for it and I've been crying so damn much about it urgghh, I don't want to go to school tomorrow and face that class at all. My head hurts and I've been a bit sick these past few days and sobbing isn't helping much. *sigh*. I really wanted a good grade... :/ But I guess what's done is done... Anyways, yeah. So I posted this chapter today so I can see your wonderful comments tomorrow and I won't be as sad! BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOUR COMMENTS MEAN TO ME. THEY CAN MAKE ME SOOOO HAPPY :D 

So anyways the long-awaited continuation is finally up! Haha, hope you guys enjoyed it! :)

[Ps. I'm gonna go back and deal with the format of the story more (ex. making it apparent when the void is talking etc) and I'll explain it in the next chapter. Just wanted to do it because I kinda feel like it's confusing sometimes^^]

No new questions for you guys, so if ppl still wanna complete all the questions beforehand they still can! : Nationality | Color | Preferred Name | Sub-Unit | Bias

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING AND UPVOTING! :)