Let's Start Talking

Matchmaking In The Making

Seungcheol rubbed his back as he shuffled his way into the main building (Seungcheol: Wow did that flying kick hurt). He was heading to the principal's office to take care of the new kids that came around. Duties of the school president and all that. He was in charge of sorting out the newbies into their houses and giving them a tour. Seungcheol liked being the leader, but sometimes he just wants to kick back and have some fun. Being uptight was Woozi's thing anyway. (Woozi: ... No comment)

Looking back, it was a bit odd when Seungcheol ran for president a couple of years before. He already had a reputation of being one of the most popular guys, mainly because of his manly aura and flaming charisma, but no one expected him to actually go for the role. He proved himself though, during his campaign speeches that he was dedicated and qualified to lead their school. People agreed and voted for him immediately (And noo, it has nothing to do with the fact that Woozi was the only other person campaigning against him...)

(Well that was all in the past. Woozi's actually really glad that he wasn't chosen because he still has his freedom now thanks to Seungcheol-hyung for being kind.)

(Minmi: Kind? PFFT He's lovesick! Lovesick I tell youuuu   | Seungcheol: *Puts palm over Minmi's mouth* Shut.it Woozi: ??? Seungcheol: N-nothing)

Rumor has it though that Seungcheol only wanted to be president in order to appeal to Woozi, but no one really knows for sure. What they do know is that Seungcheol is a kind and fair leader. Always willing to help others in need. The best student around  

"I'm sorry but this doesn't sound like you", Wonwoo said as he showed the now frozen-in-place Seungcheol a pamphlet about the school's president. "Yeah, didn't really remember you being so helpful, especially when we first met when you  "

"WONWOOOOO!" Seungcheol flung himself to the aforementioned person. Luckily for Wonwoo, he already knew that his friend was the affectionate kind and had time to prepare himself for the lethal bearhug. Usually, he'd get out of the way but since it has been a while since they met, Wonwoo let it go for now. Next time though, no thanks (Minmi: *Raises hand* I'll have it if he doesn't want it!). 

"Alright alright, enough with the hug fest", Mingyu coughed from the side when the pair was hugging too long. He noticed that he felt a bit peeved when Seungcheol decided to make physical contact with the boy but he didn't say anything. 'It's probably nothing', he thought.

"When did you come back?", Seungcheol asked excitedly, after he let go. Wonwoo smiled thankfully at Mingyu. 

"Just yesterday. I was gonna ring you last night but I got busy", Wonwoo smiled sheepishly. Seungcheol rolled his eyes. 

"Were you playing video games again?" Seungcheol teased. Wonwoo widened his eyes and flailed his arms while shaking his head repeatedly. 

"No nooo I was unpacking. Unpacking", Wonwoo said with a final tone. Seungcheol laughed at that. He wondered why the boy was always so shy in admitting his love for the gaming world, but settled in thinking that it was just Wonwoo's personality (Minmi: He's right you know). Seungcheol noticed a beat later that Mingyu, one of his best friend, was standing right there. 

"Oh, you've met Mingyu?" Seungcheol asked. 

"Mingyu? Who's..." Wonwoo had a sudden chill down his spine. A ':DD' flashed through his mind again and he looked at the boy who was probably Mingyu(?). "Your name is Mingyu?"

.

.

.

"What the hell? You guys didn't tell each other your names?", Seungcheol gwuaffed. He bent down as laughter rocked his body. By the way they were glancing at each other and being comfortable, Seungcheol was sure that they had hit it of as friends. But what kind of friends didn't know each others names? "Then what did you guys call the other in your heads?", Seungcheol questioned, trying to muffle his laughter and ultimately failing. The situation was too ridiculous in his head.

"I wan't really...", Mingyu started, but he couldn't find the right words to finish, so the sentence just hangs there. Which causes another course of laughter to go through Seungcheol's mouth. 

"I didn't know if it was actually his name", Wonwoo piped in after a couple of sentences. This earned him looks of confusion, so he expanded his answer. "Uhh Mingyu said that you know the 'void' right? So umm I think they/it sorta told me Mingyu's name"

"...", Seungcheol quieted down. Wonwoo felt a sense of panic go through him. What if Mingyu was wrong about Seungcheol hearing the 'void'? What if Seungcheol was just crazy? No, what if HE was crazy? He needed to fix this before  

"The void was actually nice to you? As in, nice enough to give you his name? What the hell? They never did anything nice to me?? And I'm the main character of this story. What, why?", Seungcheol exclaimed dramatically to the ceiling (Seungcheol: Am I not good enough for you? Is that it? Is the Meanie(?) couple much more popular than Jicheol??). Wonwoo deadpanned while Mingyu chuckled.

"What is he blabbing about now?", a high-pitched voice muttered suddenly. The principal appeared before the trio and turned herself to face Wonwoo. "You must be the new student. Hello, I am the principal of the school. Welcome to Pledis High"

Wonwoo bowed and raised his head. "Nice to meet you"

"My what a nice young man", the principal giggled. "It's nice to see students respecting me now and then... But you're probably going to change if you continue to hang out with these brats", she pointed at the other two, who acted like they didn't hear the statement. The principal rolled her eyes. "Well let's see, you need to be sorted into a house. I'm pretty sure you already know the school layout from our campus video right?"

Wonwoo nodded. "How do I know what house I'm in? Do I need to prove myself or?"

"You don't need to do anything. He's in the HipHop house", Seungcheol interrupted the conversation. The principal raised an eyebrow at that. "He's always been a rapper, even at a young age. He's with me", Seungcheol shrugged and finalized. After a few seconds, the principal nodded. She trusted Seungcheol enough to be able to sort someone into a house. Seungcheol had a knack of knowing what things go where, which is why he is a good leader. He has great instinct to these type of things, much like Woozi does. Maybe that's why they get along so well despite Woozi hating his guts.

"Okay then. Here's your schedule. I believe Mingyu and Seungcheol will take care of the rest. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. You can come by anytime to my domain though. You don't need to ask my permission apparently, nobody does", the principal pouted at the end. She bid them goodbye as she went into her office. The trio left for their second period class.

 


 

Woozi stifled a yawn behind his right hand (Woozi: I've been up all night trying to get the melody right, so I apologize if I've traumatized anyone this morning *Bows* | Everyone else: Haven't you been traumatizing everyone since day one though?). He was walking in the direction of his studio to finish composing one of the songs for their dance club. Being the musical prodigy he is, Woozi was expected to create and manage all the songs that are being used in Pledis High. Even though he loved creating new remixes and playing with melodies, sometimes the workload just gets too much for him. He had thought about quitting the non-paying job, but realized that if he doesn't do it, no one will. And then the school wouldn't be as awesome with their performances. Relaxation could wait, Woozi figured, it wasn't like he was Seungcheol or anything (Seungcheol: Relaxing is not a bad thing...)

While walking, the pink-haired leader didn't realize that someone was coming out of the bathroom near him. The door whacked him in the face and Woozi fell with a thud. The pain wasn't fully registered until the realization that someone slammed a bathroom door on his face flew by his mind. Woozi felt more of anger rise rather than the bruising pain within him. He was prepared to rip a thing or two on the person who dared to do such an act, but stopped when he realized that the person was actually  

"Seungkwan?", Woozi muttered. The person, who was shellshocked from his previous forbidden action, snapped out of the state. Seungkwan scrambled to bring Woozi up, saying sorry countless of times and bowing. But Woozi wasn't focusing on the apologies, rather, he was way more concerned about Seungkwan's disheveled look. Almost as if the boy had a mental breakdown of some sorts in the bathroom earlier. Woozi grabbed Seungkwan's face and examined it.

"Woah ahh Woozi-hyung!", Seungkwan squeaked in surprise. "Pleasedon'tkillmeI'mtooyoungtodieeeee"

Woozi hummed and let go. He brushed nonexistent dirt from his clothing, collected his papers that scattered the hallway, and rubbed his bruised forehead. Seungkwan helped with the papers. After everything had been collected, Woozi continued walking his way with Seungkwan automatically following in his pace. Woozi stifled another yawn, which prompted Seungkwan to speak up.

"You should go rest hyung", Seungkwan huffed.  His diva personality was at it again, which makes Woozi's mouth to twitch up. "The more you stay up and sacrificing yourself to the school, the less prettier you're gonna get. You want to be like me, right?"

Woozi chuckled. "Like you? The DivaBoo of the school? Hmm no thanks, I'll just stick to being my documentary boring self"

Seungkwan fake gasped. "You don't want to be like me? Waii? I'm fabulous!"

Woozi rolled his eyes. "Who would want to be like you? One of you is enough"

Seungkwan crossed his arms. "A lot of people. I'm part of a trio, remember? Technically there are THREE of me"

"Three of you is enough then"

"No we need to spread the gag!"

"Enough"

"More"

"EnouGH"

"MoAR"

"Stop"

"You stoppp"

"No you"

"You!"

"Oh my god."

"Oh ma gosh!"

("Are you kidding me?" | "Kimbap kidding?")

.

.

.

"Pfft", they both started. Seungkwan ended up rolling on the floor, laughing, while Woozi laughed out loud. If people didn't know any better, they would think that the two were crazy. But alas, everyone was crazy in Pledis High so... Yeah. Here's more craziness for you:

"Oh Woozi-hyung! Seungkwan!", DK yelled happily. He flailed his arms high above his head like an idiot. He caught up to them pretty quickly as DK was one of their fast runners. Woozi and Seungkwan waited for him to catch up. "Have you guys seen my Hoshi? I went to the bathroom just now (DK: *Singing* So refreshing~) but he wasn't there when I went out. I waited for a while but I still can't find him"

"He must be in class then idiot. Which is where you two should be heading to", Woozi chided when he realized the time. He glared at the two of them. 

"Oh yeahh! I forgot about class", DK grinned sheepishly. Looking at the clock in the hallway, he blanched when he saw that he had less than 5 minutes to get to his class. Which conviniently was placed in the farthest building on the highest floor from where he stood. Woozi and Seungkwan must've realized that too, with Woozi glaring at him (Woozi: I dare you to be late for class right now) and Seungkwan looking sympathetic (Seungkwan: We'll all remember you *Wipes fallen tear*)

But then again, DK won't be DK if he didn't do anything crazy right? 

DK nodded to himself, determined to not be late for second period. He smiled at the others before taking off with a "Hyung I'll make it in time don't kill me!!!"

That leaves the two childhood friends in the empty hallway. Woozi then whipped his head to Seungkwan. Seungkwan raised his hands up in a sign of surrender once he was under the beaming glare. He laughed uneasily before moving away slightly. "I got it, I got it. Time for me to go", Seungkwan smiled. "Don't be too stressed Hyung. You don't need to be perfect all the time. Sometimes, you need to talk to someone if you really need help. Come to me with your problems, alright?" 

Seungkwan waved and moved the opposite direction. But before he turned corners, Woozi piped up from behind. 

"The same could be said for you!"

Seungkwan smiled but didn't stop walking. 

(It's not like Woozi had said anything important in Seungkwan's mind.)

 


 

"Hey, where were you after the assembly?"

"Huh? Oh I went back to class"

"That doesn't sound like you at all"

"Hmm... Well I might have thought about something... Interesting. I wanted to think about it alone"

"What? Tell me about it!"

"Hmm, I want to try doing it by myself. I'll tell you afterwards, okay?"

"..."

"Are you sulking? How cute! You know you'll always be in my heart~ I just want no interruptions"

"Okay, but promise to tell me about it later?"

"Of course, we are boyfriends after all. Love you~"

"*Sighs* Love you too Hoshbaby"

 


 

Author's note:

*Cringes when writing*, *cringes when re-reading*, *cringes when re-writing*

*Faints at the amount of spelling error (Cuz AFF don't provide that luxury spell-check)*

*Revives cuz of dear readers, and certainly not because I want to tease my kids more... Even thoughI'm younger than all of them*

And there you have it, an update^^

Umm I know some of you won't look here much so I'll post the bad news in the next one. Don't worry, it's not THAT bad, ehehe

So the comments should have been something like: Nationality, color, and name you prefer. Next up would beeeee which Unit you wanna be in?:DD Haha and what you would do? (Ex. For me: Performance team! And I want to be a part of a dance group :DD)    Also, you can still do these right now, no one is stopping youuu and I won't judge :)) 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING AND (I forgot this exist tbh) UPVOTING!:DD

Lots of Love, Minmi