Eventful Morning Assemblies

Matchmaking In The Making

("So") | ("So"), they started together. Joshua and Jeonghan immediately whipped their heads to stare at each other, then laughed. Joshua motioned his boyfriend to talk first, being the gentleman he was. Jeonghan smiled lovingly and nodded. 

"So as you all know, my name is Jeonghan, and this gentleman here is Joshua", Jeonghan smiled. Everybody clapped at that, with people cheering "Angels!" at the duo on stage. Jeonghan and Joshua let out a chuckle, never really got used to the title placed upon them. But they were thankful nonetheless. Not everyone was that accepting of gays, unfortunately. But now that they thought about it, most of the population of the school was females. Maybe that's why they were more prone to accepting them? Jeonghan and Joshua didn't need to know. They're already happy that everyone is so accepting of everyone. That's one of the best things about being a student of Pledis High. 

"Yah, he's my angel though", Joshua joked, which received 'Ooohs' and whistles from the audience. Jeonghan slapped Joshua's arm in embarrassment while Joshua laughed. Jeonghan coughed and cleared his throat.

"We're in charge of club activities, so if you have any questions, just come to us! To those who haven't sign up for clubs yet, just know that it is a requirement for  graduation and the due date is later this month (Wonwoo: *Sighs in relief*). There are many clubs out there who can still accept new members so please hurry up and join!~", Jeonghan smiled his killer smile. He also did a heart, just to persuade the audience more. It definitely worked by all the hearts in the audience's eyes.

The principal was impressed. Now she knew why Seungcheol was adamant in making Jeonghan part of his student council committee. Seungcheol was smarter than she thought. (Seongcheol: Hey! I take offense to that!)

"You can find the sign up sheets near the principal's office. Also side note, you are now prohibited in making a club as that due date already passed", Joshua continued shortly and efficiently. He looked down at his sheet of paper and hummed. "Ahh I guess that's all..."

Jeonghan, forgoting for a moment that the mike was on, spouted "YAH you forgot about the money! That's practically the most important part!"

.

.

.

"I knew he wasn't an angel!!", the surprising voice of Woozi spieled out of the speakers. The pink-haired leader had another mike in his hands and chided loudly. "I told you! But nooo you guys said it was just stress getting to me and that Jeonghan's has no flaws but HAH TAKE THAT! ing hell  "

"That's enough coming from you, Woozi-hyung", Hoshi said as he grabbed the mike out of Woozi's hand. He smiled apologetically. "Sorry, he's been in a grumpy mood since this morning. Continue continue", Hoshi motioned his two hyungs on stage to keep going.

Joenghan rolled his eyes at the pink-haired boy and huffed "No one is an angel when it comes to money" under his breath, (but the mike picked it up anyway and everyone sweatdroppped)

Joshua just sighed and patted his boyfriend lovingly. "It's okay Hannie, nobody is perfect"

"Awww", Jeonghan eye-smiled. (Joenghan: ...Did he just say that I'm not perfect? Ohohoh someone is getting it after this.)

"Anyways, money, yes", Joshua coughed. He immediately resumed his gentleman aura. "Each club will have to raise a specific amount of money due to the school being broke   I MEAN, the costly materials of each club and whatnot. Therefore, each club will have at the end of this month to come up with the money, and the best way to collect it would be by doing a booth in this year's fair. Which Minghao and Jun will talk about later. That's all for us now"

("Thanks for listening") | ("Thanks for listening"), they ended together. They smiled and laughed as they did it again. This time though, they continued to stare at each other, slowly becoming lost in each other's vibrant eyes. One can see the sparks flying, even though it's been more than a year since they hook up. They boys stopped talking and took in everything they can in that one moment in space and time. The only thing they see is each other, and the feeling of warmth and love comforted their hearts. They smiled a lovingly at each other and sighed. They  

"Should really stop making this awkward for everyone please", Hoshi chimed in. This broke the two's intense stare. Joshua snapped out of it first and began to drag Jeonghan off the stage. 

"As if YOU and DK make it any less awkward", Jeonghan rebutted sassily. (And somewhere in the gym, Seungkwan whipped his head up. | Seungkwan: Who dares threaten my position of being the sass master?!). 

Hoshi merely stuck out his tongue at that. 

 

"Okay... So let's have Vernon and Chan to step up here for a bit and talk briefly about the competitions taking place! Either here or someplace else", Seungcheol smiled. As everyone took their time in taking of their sunglasses (Jihan: Won't need it anymore :)), Seungcheol motioned for the two maknae's of his group to come up quickly.

Seungkwan's eyes widened in surprise. Vernon merely grinned and released his grip from Seungkwan's before linking arms with Chan. "Just wait here, hyung. I'll be down in a minute, so don't look so sad", Vernon teased as he looked behind. 

Seungkwan's frowned. "I'm not sad", he huffed and crossed his arm. "And I'm NOT your pet"

Truth to be told, he didn't really expect Vernon to get called up, much less speak in assemblies. Vernon was more of the irresponsible kind, so taking up one of the most important roles of coordinating the competitions is an unusual thing for Vernon to do. Seungkwan shook his head. He wasn't even suppose to know that. He looked back up at the stage, and oh boy did he wish that he didn't. Or better yet, did he wish that the things Vernon does would stop affecting him so much.

Because Vernon was practically snuggling with Chan as they got on stage and Seungkwan didn't know why (doesn't WANT to know why) it hurts so much a bit. He snapped out of his thoughts when a familiar figure side-stepped next to him. 

The principle watched her favorite student with kind eyes. She put her hand on his shoulder in a sign of support. Seungkwan frowned as he looked up at her, but he didn't push her hand away. He redirected his eye-sight towards the stage as he didn't want it to seem like he needed support in the first place. The principal hummed, "You know he does that with everyone right? There's nothing for you to be jealous of", she said quietly. 

"I'm not jealous!", Seungkwan snapped back. "Why would I need to be jealous of Chan? I don't like Vernon that way!"

"I was talking about Seungcheol when I said 'he', as in he gives everyone a chance up on stage. I didn't say that you were jealous Chan. I know you're the school's MC, but there's nothing to be jealous of since they're up there and not you"

The principal smiled patiently as Seungkwan gaped. Seungkwan huffed, opting to just ignore the statements. Being there, at the place where Vernon wanted him to be there, as if Vernon can control him, as if Vernon has some kind of influence over him, made Seungkwan feel flustered and agitated. He needed to get out.

 

"I'm going to the bathroom.", he declared suddenly and left the area in hopes to calm down. (And to get out of that stuffy situation).

The principal's smile turned sympathetic.

Not to Seungkwan, but to Vernon.

And Seungcheol.

(It's funny how the lives of others can parallel that of yours and yet you two walk in completely different paths).

Seungkwan didn't look back to see Vernon's dumbfounded expression.

.

"Yah hyung, stop touching meee", Chan whined under his breath and away from the microphone. Seungcheol was talking    more like arguing    with a member of the audience in his choice of committee members. From what Chan could hear and see, the audience was a girl and was whining at how unfair it was to only have guys in the committee. Chan rolled his eyes. He bet that the girl only wanted to be in student council to surround herself with his admittedly handsome hyungs. But then again, all of them were gay sooo... Chan decided that he would ultimately pity the girl instead. 

 

Little did he know that the girl only wanted to be a member of the student council to get more pictures of her OTPs up close in their natural environment.

And to prove that she was meant to be the club president of the SEVENTEEN ONLY club (She wants to overthrow the current one because the current leader's ships were a bit... different ("Hey, SooSeok is not that bad!")*. The girl, on the other hand, shipped the stuco members logically. ("It goes like this: Jicheol, Jihan, Soonseok, Verkwan, and Junhao. Chan's too young to date xP" | "But Jeongheol is reasonable! They're like the umma and appa of the group!'' "Shhh" *Shows Jicheol predebut moments* Slip into the Jicheol life~ | *Slowly get's in*)*

... Maybe Hoshi should contact this person or club later for his upcoming plan. They seem like they could be of use.

 

After much complication, and Woozi jumpkicking Seungcheol off the stage, Chan and Vernon finally got the mike. If people didn't know any better, they would have thought that Vernon was rapping by the speed that he's talking. Even Chan was taken back by the fast-paced speech. 

If people were to ask him later, Vernon would answer that he just wanted to get it over with. What he wouldn't say, would be that he wanted to go see Seungkwan. He wanted to know why his favorite hyung went away, with a sad expression like a kicked puppy. Vernon just wanted to check if Seungkwan's okay.

After the quick talk, Vernon huffed, slightly out of breath. He practically hurled the mike over to Chan, and left the stage.

(He didn't find Seungkwan in the end).

.

Chan, dumbfounded, had his mouth open slightly. He snapped out of it when Seungcheol motioned him to continue.

"W-well, as hyung said, if anyone was thinking of auditioning for a competition, you would have to sign a form beforehand. You can't just show up there without the school's permission. Umm, and this form is open to any competitions, be it at this school or some place else. There's also a competition coming up during the upcoming fair, that Minghao-hyung and Jun-hyung would discuss later. Uhh and I think that's it... Sorry for Vernon-hyung's actions. Or actually, ALL my hyungs' actions. They mean well, really... I think...", Chan mumbled towards the end. He smiled sheepishly to make up for it. The audience aww'd at the cute maknae on stage.

Seungcheol clapped as Chan hopped down on stage. "Good job, maknae-ah", the president smiled as he ruffled the younger's hair. The younger pouted. 

Seungcheol went on and off stage again, announcing the china line's moment to get on stage. "Hopefully we won't have any delays", Seungcheol added and stressed out the words 'hopefully' and 'delays'. 

 

Which in all honesty, was a lost cost considering that he's talking to the people from freaking China. 

(Seungcheol: I tried okay? -.- You were making me out to be this irresponsible leader and I can't take that!)

Oh well, I guess it's the thought that counts...? :DD 

 

Minghao was the first to enter, and he cutely smiled at the audience. Jun came up behind him, smirking handsomely. The audience clapped enthusiastically, because no one could truly dislike the China Line. In fact, their accented Korean and speaking mishaps makes them 100x cuter than before. Well, makes Minghao cuter than before. Jun's accent only makes him hotter. 

"Hello", Minghao said enthusiastically. "Umm, Jun and I are in charge of the upcoming fair"

"Which is coming soon! Tell everyone you know about this! Families, friends, tourists even, they can all come and have fun!", Jun added. 

"The theme of the fair is Around-the-World. Umm, as in globally. We want diversity, so the more international people the better. OH but locals can come too! Everyone is welcomed!", Minghao blushed slightly as he spoke a little too fast. He was flustered even though he practiced his speech countless of times beforehand. Speaking his native tongue would always be better than speaking Korean. 

Aww, thinking about this culture makes Minghao feel a little homesick. 

Jun glanced subtly at his boyfriend. He chuckled internally at the blatant display of sadness. Minghao was so cute when he's sad. (Jun: A puppy. He's literally a puppy. *Laughs*) He wrapped an arm around the younger and squeezed him firmly. Jun always knows when Minghao would get sad. It was one of the things he was proud of, and his acting skills of course. Minghao, being only in Korea for a little bit more than a year, would still get homesick once in a while. That's why Jun proposed that he took over the whole preparation while Minghao would supervise the fair when it comes. He wanted to surprise his lover with a special gift. (Minmi: Awww, I wonder what it'll be? This is sooo cute!)

"If people would like to volunteer they can!", Jun smiled. "Also, clubs ARE required to set up a booth. It doesn't have to be specifically about the club because any booth will do as long as it correlates with the theme. Oh yeah, and you can sign up for the competition too. There will be a grand finale, where anyone who've sign up can perform their act to win the prize of!"

.

.

.

"Psst, Minghao, that's your line", Jun whispered as he lightly jabbed his boyfriend. Minghao snapped out of his thoughts about home and widened his eyes. 

"Oh sorry", Minghao apologized profusely. "Umm, the prize of tickets going to a BTS concert! And backstage passes too!"

Jun nodded as the audience cheered (They stomp on the ground like an ARMY). He smiled gently at his boyfriend. "That's all for us! If you have any questions, come to me!"

"And umm, the leaders will go up on stage now" Minghao smiled. They both left the stage, Jun holding Minghao's hand along the way.

 

The trio marched up on stage. Hoshi on the right and Seungcheol on the left, with Woozi in the middle. It was worth to mention that Seungcheol had a big bump on his head. Woozi crossed his arm and Hoshi laughed awkwardly. Seungcheol coughed before taking the stage. 

"Ayo whatssup! I'm the hiphop leader Choi Seungcheol. And our school president. Well, you guys already know that", Seungcheol grinned. "Anyways, where my hiphop crew at?!", he hollered.

Members of the audience who are part of the hiphop team cheered and shouted. They got up and did a cool hand gesture (Wonwoo: I don't even know if I'm in the hip-hop house or not... | Mingyu: *Hums* Just go with it), special only to the hip-hop house.

"You all know me as Hoshi! Proud leader of the performance team! Go Hoshi!", the dance captain beckoned the audience.

This started a response within the people of the performance house. Everyone shouted their house chant of "GO <Insert name here>!" while Hoshi laughed and put his thumbs out.

Woozi rolled his eyes playfully. He puffed out his chest as he introduced himself. "I am Woozi, leader of the vocal house, the house of angels"

A melodic voice flowed throughout the gym. Then a chorus of enchanted voices joined the first one, creating a harmonious tone. It was as if angels had decided to drop by their school and   Oh so that's how the house got it's title. I see... :DD

 

"Hmm, there isn't much to talk about. Those who are new, or weren't here in the beginning week of school, have to go to the principal office to be sorted into a house" Seungcheol hummed as he stared at his paper.

"Ahh and those who are in houses, must have their own groups by this week. This is how we determine the lead teams of each house. As you all know, my performance team is currently the leading team of my house. And so are Seuncheol-hyung's and Woozi's teams"

"The lead teams are the teams that will have to do major competitions and represent the school too", Woozi added lastly. "But don't worry, with more practice, your teams can take the stage too. Not only that, but you could be included in another team anytime, as long as you get the paperwork signed."

"As you all know, we won last year's awards, so we're planning to hit it big this year as well! WOOH!!", Hoshi cheered. "Let's defend last year's title then!"

"And it's all thanks to Woozi's producing skills", Seungcheol praised. It would've slipped by if it weren't for his gross facial expression. Woozi felt the urge to beat him up again but controlled it. (Woozi: No, not in front of all these people... Come'on Woozi, you can do this. You can control yourself)

Woozi rolled his eyes. "Last things I want to address are...", Woozi breathed out. He closed his eyes before opening them suddenly and staring intimidatingly intensely into everyone's souls. People could've sworn that his eyes flashed red. "Don't be late to class. Don't goof off too much. Don't be behind on your academic studies because you're having too much fun performing. Don't do drugs, don't party too hard, and for the love of god do NOT bother me when I'm in my studio. Behave and I will treat you well. Misbehave and I will hunt you down. Got it?"

Wonwoo straightened up at the words. He froze when Woozi and him made eye contact, and could finally breath when the laser eyes moved away. He could feel his body shaking and he widened his eyes. Mingyu beside him patted his shoulder. "Don't worry about that guy. He might look, and act, and actually is, intimidating... Uhh... But he's also very sweet if you get to know him!" (Minmi: Nice job explaining things there Mingyu .-.)

Wonwoo gulped, but nodded nonetheless. He was still scared of the guy, but he could see where Mingyu was going with his statement. Wonwoo just hoped that Woozi won't turn against him if they do meet, because Wonwoo doesn't think that he could survive a kick that deadly. 

Woozi nodded briefly afterwards when everyone was silent and got off the stage. Hoshi laughed and got off as well after everything had been said. Some of the people's shellshocked reaction was just too funny for him and Hoshi couldn't stop laughing. 

The principal got up on stage and bypassed the two leaders. She had a neutral expression because when you're with these people often, you get used to their behaviors, as weird as they are. The principal patted Seungcheol's shoulder and told him that she'll take end the assembly.

"Now that this assembly is finally done and over with (Minmi: FINALLY RIGHT?), everyone can please return back to your second period classes. Those who need to see me can do so after this", the principal smiled. That was the cue to leave. Everyone slowly filed out of the auditorium. Nobody wanted to get to their classes immediately. The principal chuckled, these were definitely her students alright.

.

Once everybody left, the principal collected her papers from her place before. As she was cleaning up, she couldn't help but think about Verkwan's situation. Thinking about Verkwan made her think about Jicheol as well. She sighed aloud, 

"They should all get together already. Honestly, maybe someone ought to make up a plan to matchmake all these hopeless couples because this is getting ridiculous. They're starting to make me think of my nonexistent love life. Ahhh, I would so help out with a matchmaking project"

 

Little did she know, someone else was listening. Someone who had to go back to collect his fallen headband. Someone with a 10:10 eye line. 

.

Hoshi grinned with a knowing glint in his eyes. 

 


 

Author's Notes:

HAHAHAHAH.i.regret.nothing.HAHAHAHAH

Ohkayy, so hi :) 

Err I accidentally made Verkwan more angsty than it should originally be? Cuz my brain goes it's own seperate path than my heart soo... Sorry 'bout that. Hheheh

Assembly's done, so we'll move right on in with the plot (WHICH I WILL WARN YOU RIGHT NOW WILL BE SUPER LOOONGGG. I can honestly say that this could go up to a lot of chapters because omg it's only been 3 actual chapters and I'm still not done with the day OTL)

Also, thank you Ginni0* for ahh the surprise cameo in this story <3 LOL (Sorry for not saying it though? Hope it's okay with youuuu that I randomly added you in haha *nervous laughter*)

Anyways, I don't know if you guys have caught on with what I intend to do but it's okay, you'll catch on soon enough^^ 

The next update will come sometime next week, followed up by a quick announcement (And unfortunately, but it won't be happy news...Till the next chapter though! Imma keep the suspense running high!:DD

Ahh wait before I finish, question time! Let's see... I've asked you to comment your nationality and color that's not found in the story, so hey how about a name that's not your own, that you absolutely love to have?:DD (Mine would be Minmi ofc xD). As always, you can answer previous questions as well~ No one is stopping you from doing so~ (Well, maybe your laziness?haha)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING AND (I forgot this exist tbh) UPVOTING!:DD

Lots of Love, Minmi