Operation 1: Lock-in Note

Matchmaking In The Making

During first period, Hoshi mulled over what he overheard. He had also been thinking among those lines. How could he not, when all Seungcheol does is confess left and right. In return Woozi would rant all about it. It wouldn't have mattered if Woozi's cheeks weren't flushed, but they were, so Hoshi chalked it up to Woozi also having some questionable feelings for the other boy. Therefore, Woozi and Seungcheol should get together. They should.

During second period, Hoshi finally mustered the strength (and courage) to do something. He got out a piece of blank paper and stared at the sheet. He started by writing the title. At the end of class, Hoshi grinned as he looked down at his desk. Even though he was not paying attention to a single word of the lecture right now, (which he will definitely regret later), he can proudly say that what he was doing is as productive, or even more productive, than today's lesson plans. Hopefully his other friends would also agree and maybe join in on the fun. But all credits will obviously go to Hoshi, because as the great thinker he is, all of this was his idea. Hoshi grinned evilly while rubbing his two hands together and laughing quietly like a maniac, (oblivious to the fact that his classmates are staring at him and maybe moving their desks away a bit). 

(Jihoon shuddered as he suddenly got a bad feeling about something. Seungcheol hummed as he felt like something exciting was going to happen. Hoshi grinned as he tucked away the paper he's been working on, the words "MATCHMAKING OPERATION: JICHEOL" hidden underneath other papers.)

First Operation_Hoshi Solo Mission
Operation Name_: Lock-in Love Note
Aim_: Write a love letter and put it in target's locker. Have target meet love of his life afterschool. Make them realize their love for each other

Goal_: Make Jicheol Happen
Method_:
1. Write a letter. Make it as seriously as possible because Woozi's a documentary he appreciates seriousness
2. Re-read the letter and catch spelling / grammar errors (If any)
3. Put initials on the note
4. Chuckle like an evil mastermind
5. Stealthily place the note into Woozi's locked
6. Tell Seungcheol to go where the note tells him to go
7. Chuckle again evilly (Ignore classmates' weirded-out stares, you're used to it)

When the bell rung, Hoshi sprung up and dashed out the hallway. He stopped in front of a locker. Woozi's locker. Huffing out of breath, Hoshi ignored step 5 and jammed the note in. He had only a second to breathe properly when a voice disrupted his daze. 

"What are you doing?"

"N-nothing Woozi I was just   Oh.. Hi", Hoshi stuttered as he turned around. His eyes widened in surprise at the figure standing behind him.

DK raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend. He was just in the classroom nearby when he saw his lover running for his life. DK, worried beyond relief, immediately filed out of the classroom. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion at the nervous wreck in front of him.

"Nothing, nothing. I was just... waiting for Woozi", Hoshi laughed with a hint of nervousness. He knew he couldn't lie well to his boyfriend. They were in that part in their relationship where they know EVERYTHING about each other. DK knew that something wasn't right, but he didn't question it. He knew that when the time was right, Hoshi would come to him. 

"Uhh okay...", DK said finally. He looked around and noticed everyone gone. "Should I wait with you?"

"NO!   I mean, it's okay. You should head to the cafeteria. You know how the students here are with their lunch. It's a battlefield out there", Hoshi chuckled. DK nodded in agreement. The silence stretched on until DK broke it. 

"Hmm, so I'll see you there?"

"Ahh yeah, definitely"

DK left after a few uncertain moments. He walked away, looking back once or twice.

Hoshi pretended not to notice.

.

.

.

("Did they have a fight?"* | "No way, Soonseok would never. They're too in love for that"* | "But they didn't say their usual catchphrase?"* | "Ohh yeah..."* | "..."* | "No, Minmi will fix this, she will... I believe in her"*)

 


 

After several minutes of waiting, Hoshi finally saw a pink ball of fluff turning the corner. He immediately leaned against the locker, trying to act as normal as possible. 

Woozi raised an eyebrow at the weirdly positioned dancer. "You know you're bending your arm the wrong way... right?"

"Wha  ", Hoshi started before he lost his balance and fell. He sprung up immediately. "hEY!", he said too excitedly. Woozi kept his eyebrows raised and Hoshi laughed uneasily. 

Woozi decided to ultimately ignore the dance captain and his weird quirks like always. He focused on opening his locker. A letter fluttered out. 

Hoshi almost burst with all the anxiousness inside of him. He coughed and picked up the letter. He handed it to the curious student. "Hey, it's a letter" 

 

... No duh :/

 

Woozi took it and scanned the envelop. 

 

Wait, when did the note transformed into a letter? AHh well, let's just continue on (Minmi: Lol power to the void!)

 

Woozi took it patiently and scanned the letter. He saw the initials at the back and widened his eyes. Hoshi laughed giddily inside. He was a genius! A love note is always the best!

"Aren't you going to open it?", Hoshi asked impatiently. Woozi shook his head and pocketed the letter. Hoshi pouted in reply but nodded his head. Woozi would read it later, he figured. Woozi was probably shy to read it in front of Hoshi. They head to the cafeteria. 

 


 

"What took you guys so long? I had to stand here with a sulky DK and a ranting Chan. That was not okay", Seungkwan fumed. Hoshi aww'd aloud and approached his boyfriend. The couple talked and laughed. Soon enough their weird chanting could be heard. But we'll focus on them later. 

Chan, on the other hand, gasped in protest, "I was right! The answer was suppose to be C but he said it was B! I could've gotten a better score! Is there no one who could hear my cries of injustice??"

"Well you can always come to me", a voice pipped from behind. Chan whipped his head around and and hugged said figure. 

"MOOOOMMM, tell that old man he's out of his mind for not giving me that point. In fact, fire him! Grumpy and mean... Not to mention old!" Chan whined and mumbled. The principal sighed. 

"One, I am not your mother", the principal deadpanned ("So please refrain yourself from calling me as such. You should be respectful you brat"). "Two, you've been hanging around Seungkwan way too much"    ("What I do not act like that!") | ("Yes you do"   "And three, the's barely middle-aged! Don't rant so much about him, he'll go bald with all your whinings"

("Pfft, as if he had any more hair to lose")

Chan huffed and let go. "Still doesn't matter how old he is. I deserve that point", Chan crossed his arms and the principal's eyes softened. Chan was the youngest student in their school. He skipped a grade or two, so he's in the same grade as Seungkwan and Vernon. But he's still a kid. The principal sighed once more. 

"Tell you what, I'll look it over with him okay? Maybe we can come up with a common ground", the principal winked. Chan beamed and hugged her again. The principal chuckled. "Alright, alright, now go eat you brat"

Chan nodded his head and she left the area. When he got back, the rest was already focused in another conversation. Chan yelped and joined in as well. 

A few minutes later DK suddenly pulled Hoshi away. The rest didn't even bat an eyelash, those two go everywhere together anyway. This time though, Hoshi felt a sense of dread trickling in. He was okay before because everyone else was there, so DK can't question anything, but they're going to be alone... "Let's get this over with", Hoshi sighed lightly. 

 


 

DK practically cornered the dance captain on the way to the bathroom. Who, in DK's defense, didn't do anything to signify that he didn't like it. DK toyed with the other's hair like he usually would when he's nervous. Hoshi grabbed DK's hand and held it in his. They didn't say anything for a while until DK broke it first. 

"Hey, where were you after the assembly?", DK asked. Hoshi, who was expecting the question, avoided eye contact. 

"Huh? Oh I went back to class", Hoshi uttered. He looked down to their entwined hands.

"That doesn't sound like you at all", DK mused. He smiled and Hoshi felt himself going breathless. That's right, this was DK they're talking about. The kindest most sweetest boyfriend. He was just worried. It's not like DK would get mad if Hoshi told him his plan. DK was just upset that Hoshi wasn't telling him everything. Hoshi sighed and looked at his boyfriend, who was still wearing the smile yet it looked like it was falling a bit. Hoshi hated that look.

"Hmm... Well I might have thought about something... Interesting. I wanted to think about it alone", Hoshi sighed. Even though he doesn't like the sad look his boyfriend put on, it doesn't mean he should tell everything. Just enough to satisfy DK's curiosity is fine, Hoshi figured.

"What? Tell me about it!", DK whined. Hoshi laughed at that. His boyfriend was cute sometimes. All the time.

"Hmm, I want to try doing it by myself. I'll tell you afterwards, okay?", Hoshi smiled. He lifted their entwined hands and patted it with his other free hand.

"..."

"Are you sulking? How cute! You know you'll always be in my heart~ I just want no interruptions", Hoshi laughed. Man his boyfriend was soo cute. 

"Okay, but promise to tell me about it later?", DK made a cute voice. Aegyo, huh?

"Of course, we are boyfriends after all. Love you~", Hoshi chuckled and pecked DK's lips. They laugh afterwards. 

"Love you too", DK smiled and said with sincerity. Hoshi shook his head, smiling big. 

"Meet me after lunch okay?", Hoshi asked. 

"Yeah okay Hosh-baby <3", DK grinned.

They went their separate ways, with DK going back to their spot in the cafeteria. Hoshi waved him off with a smile. 

.

.

.

(Minmi: I fixed it! SoonSeok forever! :DD | Wonwoo: That smiley... Where have I seen it before? | Minmi: ... :DD)

 


 

After lunch, Hoshi searched for Seungcheol, who was walking with Mingyu and another person. Vernon left before he got to the group. Hoshi approached them cautiously, looking around for a pink-haired student. When he didn't see any weird hair color (Not including him ... etc), he relaxed and beamed. 

"Hey Seungcheol-hyung!", Hoshi called out. Seungcheol whipped his head and paused his conversation. He smiled easily. 

"What's up?", Seungcheol asked. Hoshi didn't usually come up to him unless it would be about school events or his duties. But as far as Seungcheol knew, there wasn't anything to discuss yet. Or maybe there was? Then again, Seungcheol would probably be the last of them to know. (Minmi: Tsk tsk,,, bad president)

"Ahh, I wanted to talk to you about something. It's sort of personal", Hoshi grinned sheepishly, rubbing his neck. Seungcheol nodded his head. "Sorry, were you guys talking about something important?"

"Not really", Mingyu smiled. He looked at Wonwoo in the corner of his eyes. "This is Wonwoo, Seungcheol-hyung's childhood friend"

"OH nice to meet you!", Hoshi beamed and struck out his hand. "I think you know me from the assembly right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you too", Wonwoo smiled and took the hand. 

"Sorry that I'm stealing your friend. I kinda need him right now", Hoshi apologized. Wonwoo shook his head. 

"It's no problem. I'll just get to know Mingyu-SHI better then", Wonwoo chuckled. Mingyu made an offended face at that, while Hoshi laughed.

"Oh man, we gotta be friends!", Hoshi grinned. "Well, see you later then! Don't want to be late for class right?"

The rest nodded and left the area. Hoshi and Seungcheol stayed behind. 

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?"

"Ahh well Woozi-hyung has something to tell you. Meet him after school at 4:30. He's too shy to tell you himself but it's very important to him", Hoshi lied through his teeth. Seungcheol nodded dumbly.

"But isn't Woozi the type to just bluntly say it? Why would he need to set a time and call me out later?". Seungcheol was confused. It didn't make any sense to him. 

"That's because this is really important to him! He can't say it outright in front of everyone! He's not YOU, you know", Hoshi reasoned. Seungcheol nodded his head at that. It made a little more sense but the president was still wary. After all, this was Hoshi they're talking about. He became very unpredictable due to the happy virus of the school.

Seungcheol nodded his head. "Okay, I'll meet him later today then"

Hoshi grinned, with a calculative glint in his eyes. "Yes... Meet him later then"

They parted ways, with Seungcheol being slightly confuesd and Hoshi being happy beyond relief. 

 


 

Heyy guysss I'm baaaccckkkk! haha xD

I had a really fun time in my trip, getting to know the people there and the place <3 Turkey is really pretty (and not what I originally thought of)

Also got closer with the family friends who came with my fam on the trip <3 We had a lot of good times xD

Highlight of the trip: Playing with snow! | Regret: Not riding the hot air balloon due to fog when it was RIGHT THERE in front of our eyes (It was cancelled while we were waiting) :C

And ofc the unforgettable (Because I recorded them xD) precious moments in between <3

Anyways, here's my update! I might take longer on the next one but we'll see, yeah? 

OH SHOUTOUT TO BabyBirb* and XiaoYuNan* for cameoing(?) in this chapter <3 Hope it was okay...? ehehe

So now there's comments for: Nationality | Colors | Names | Unit | Bias? Yes, bias is the next question! (Minmi: Mine's Woozi btw^^ Have been ever since predebut! Err sorry Vernon, you went down a bit :P | Vernon: Hey!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING AND SUBSCRIBING AND UPVOTING!:DD

Lots of Love, Minmi

.

.

.

[Btw, if you're interested in Verkwan, I wrote a oneshot around that couple during the trip: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1067484/fanfiction-come-to-life-seungkwan-idolverse-vernon-verkwan-fanfictionau]