It's Me

The Shield that Cover The Self
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's Me 

 


Jeju Island, 12/6/2004

 

 


The wind whispered through the lonely night seductively. The night looked so bright, adding with Moon reflecting the Sun's happy light. A family with parents, a son and a daughter were having their good time, enjoying their holidays on the island. In the vacation house beside the beautiful shores of Jeju Island, a 6 years-old little young girl could be seen running happily inside the house.

 


" Daddy ..... Ommaa....... Oppaa....me.", the girl playfully playing hide and seek with her parents and brother.

 

"Daddy will count until three and we will find you, sweety", the latter said.

 

 

" I WILL FIND YOU AND EAT YOU! ", the brother jokingly said, trying to make her sister scared. The girl screamed and ran to find her hiding place. The father started to count. The little young girl with long hair started to find a place to hide. She kept searching and running inside her house until she found the best place to hide.

 

 

She hides inside a closet in the living room.

 

 

"We will find you now!", the brother shouted. The mission to find the young girl started. The father tried to find her upstairs, while her mom checking the kitchen area and her brother in the living room. "Where are you, Bommie?", the brother made various kind of intonation, hoping that it would scare her sister and eventually leads him to find her. He kept searching for her at various places in the living room.

 

Under the sofa, behind the curtain.

 

The little girl inside the closet tried so hard to not let a laugh escaped , looking for her brother who trying so hard to find her. The young girl just waited to be found. After minutes, the game was interrupted by knocking sound that can be heard by the house door. Being the closest person with the door, the young little girl was in trouble as she kept thinking whether to open the door or still hiding and wait for the game to over.

 

 

"Should I open the door or just stay here ? " the young girl though while watching the door that still been knocked from outside. While she busying thinking, a loud sound can be heard at the door. The young girl quickly turns her face toward the door and saw that the door already being opened by someone who she clearly doesn't knew his existance. The young girl started to feel scared but she remained quiet inside her hiding place, afraid that the stranger will hurt her.

 

 

"Help me, daddy, omma", the little girl thought inside her mind, being too afraid.

 

 

"Who are you? How can you enter this house?!", her brother's voice can be heard. The stranger stayed quiet while his eyes examined the house. "Who are you?!", the brother asked again, his voice became more intimidating. The stranger doesn't move nor talk. After minutes of shouting, his father and mother came toward the brother who still standing in front of the stranger. 

 


"Why with the shout?", the father walked towards the son. Upon arriving beside their son, their expression changed.

 

 

"What are you doing he-here? ", The father asked with a stutter. Scared can be seen on his face.

 

 

"To find you, to make your life in trouble. But now, I already found you, Mr. Park...What should I do?", the stranger slowly leads his way toward the family. Mr. Park quickly moves in front while his hand slowly pushed his wife and son to his back. " What did you want to do? I will call the police!", Mr. Park tried to threaten him.

 

 

The stranger smirk. It is a sign that he's not scared at all.

 

 

" I think I want to kill you, Mr. Park ", the stranger, who covered his face with a mask, use his hand and pull Mr. Park by his collar.  " LET MY FATHER GO!", the brother kicked the man's legs. The stranger hissed and punched the brother's chubby cheek. Then the man used his other hand and took out a gun out from his pocket.

 

 

"May the heaven be in your favor. ", the man smirked and shot the father.

 

The figure of someone who once called as father fell hard to the floor with a bullet inside of his head. "

 

 

YEOBOOO ", the mother started to shriek out and hugged the father's body. " YOU ARE AN ANIMAL! YOU A DISGUISE OF SATAN! YOUR PLACE AT HELL!", the mother cursed at the man who killed her husband. The young girl inside the closet witnessed her daddy's death started to cry but quickly closed in order to not let a voice out.

 

 

" You should die . I kill him because he is a disguise of a dog.", within a mere seconds, the second shot can be heard echoing inside the house.

 

 

In a hug with the love of her life, the second people who died is a person once being called a mother.

 

 

"You kill them? ", the brother pointed his finger towards his dead parents. His eyes widen. The murderer ignored his question and started to walk toward the already scared boy. "Little Park must have guts to be a bad boy, right? Kicking someones knee? ", the murderer smirked. "Don't touch me! ", the boy hitted the man's hand and started to run from the place. But, his attempt to run turned into a fail. Having a long leg, the murderer speedily caught the boy and engulfed him from his back. The boy tried to strangle his body out from the murderer's hug but he failed. The boy then started to bite the murderer's hand making him shouted from the pain that struck his hand. The murderer pulled his hand from the boy's bite. The killer's long sleeves were torn as a result of the boy's bite.

 

" I should take you with me, little Park. Feisty and naughty enough to be one of my brilliant armies? ", the murderer started to take out a handkerchief from his pocket and put it in the boy's mouth.

 

 

" Actually, this should be at your parent's mouth but they already dead.", and the boy faint. The murderer smiles widely and gets out from that house with the boy. "My work has done. There is nothing to be scared in this little world anymore. Rest in hell, Park ", the man smirk and leave the house.

 

 

Little that the murderer knows, there was a scared little young girl that witnessed the dirty work. After the little girl know the murderer is out from that house with her brother, she bravely went out from that closet and run toward her dead parents.

 

 

" Omma! Appa ! wake up! I'm scared ! " the little girl whine but there is no answer from the dead bodies. The young little girl starts to shake the dead bodies but nothing happens. She starts to cry loudly because she knows

 

 


That she doesn't have anyone left in this world.

 

 

 

 

Seoul, 8/1/2015

 

 

 


I wake up with a shock expression because of the same dream again.

 

 

Again, I sighed.

 

 

The dream keeps lingering around my night after the night of that incident."I miss you omma, daddy and oppa.", I sigh while looking at the only pictures of the family left. Even though I've lost almost 90% of my childhood memories because of the trauma, I still remember the love that I always got whenever them come and visit me.

 

 


"HEY BASTARD! GET YOUR DOWN AND START YOUR WORK !", a sudden yell from downstairs can be heard. "Alright, ma'am.", I shout back to the one who should be called aunty instead of ma'am.

 


My name is Park Bom. I'm 17years-old. Only one year left before I'll reach my legal year and to be free from my uncle and aunt's grasp. After the that incident happen in my life, I live with my aunt's family.

 

Or should I say Madam Kim 's family. Kim's family consist of the parents of course, a daughter, Kim Taeyeon and twin sons, Kim Taecyeon and Kim Taehyun.

 

 

All of them hate me, for no reasons.

 

 

They said I am someone that should be call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter