A Father's Regret

What Happened?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud thud was heard throughout the estate just when they are about to eat dinner. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon ordered the servants to check what caused it when Yuri came down rushing down.

"Have you seen Jiyong-oppa?" Yuri asked worriedly.
"No, isn't he in his room?" Mrs. Kwon answered. Yuri shook her head.
"Oppa's not there when I went there and...there are blood stains in his room!" Yuri said, panicking which made the couple stand up from their chairs.
"B-blood?" Mr. Kwon asked.
"Master! Master!" A maid came running down. "Young Master!"
"What happened to Jiyong?" Mrs. Kwon asked.
"History repeated itself, Mistress!" the maid exclaimed in hysterics. Mrs. Kwon fainted due to the shock luckily her husband was there to support her.
"What do you mean history repeated itself?" Yuri asked with confusion.
"Take care of your mother" Mr. Kwon told her daughter who obliged and he left the room to follow the servant out.

His body went numb when he saw his only son lying on the floor, bloodied up. He went closer to his son and saw newly cut scars on his wrist and some old scars near them. Blood nearly dried out from his body when he saw the scars. His son self-harms. His son did commit suicide.

"Oppa!" He heard his daughter's cry as she went towards his son's side. "Oppa, why? Why did you do this? Why did you listen to that G-Dragon!" she cried as she held her brother close. "Oppa, I just got you back. Why did you leave again?" she cried. Who is G-Dragon? The last time he heard that name was...10 years ago. Jinho's nickname.

An ambulance came quickly and transferred Jiyong and Mrs. Kwon to the hospital with Yuri and Mr. Kwon. As soon as they arrived, Jiyong was wheeled towards the operating room and Mrs. Kwon to a ward where she was monitored.

"What did you mean by G-Dragon?" Mr. Kwon asked as he and Yuri waited in front of the operating room.
"The bastard who controlled Jiyong-oppa for a long time" Yuri answered as angry tears fell from her eyes.
"What do you mean by controlled?" Mr. Kwon asked her again.
"Oppa...I don't know how. D.I.D." Mr. Kwon looked at his daughter, unsure of what he heard. "Oppa is suffering from Dissiociative Identity Disorder. I don't know how but I know he hid it for a long time" He couldn't speak. D.I.D., his child is suffering yet he made it worse. So, it made sense. Everything made sense now. Why his son suddenly changed into a rebellious teenager then goes back to his normal self after a couple of days. How could he be so ignorant? How could he not know? He should have seen it when his grades dropped. He's the worst father ever. He knew where he got it. He was traumatized by his brother's death that he made an alter ego of him, reason why he forgot everything until recently. He almost broke down when he remembered what Jiyong's alter ego told him. "If you, all of you, didn't turn away that night, maybe, just maybe. This monster in front of you didn't existed. Just pray that this kid will be able to resist the temptation."

Hours passed and a doctor came out of the room. He doesn't know how he will accept this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter