Best Friend

Fire that light!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“We went at it like rabbits.” Baekhyun announces as he enters the apartment with a face-splitting grin.

Chanyeol paused from cooing at his pet and frowned at his roommate. “Baekhyun, Mr. Peterson is here. Discretion please.” Chanyeol sighs. “Although my description said best friend I don’t need to know about your adventures with whomever thank you very much.”

Baekhyun just chuckles and shrugs. “Oh please Yeol. You’re just jealous because you’re not getting any.” He removes his overcoat and dumps it on the back of the sofa.

“Any.. any what?”

Baekhyun reaches out a hand and pinches Chanyeol’s cheek which in turn he gives Baekhyun a disapproving pout. “Chlamydia, gonorrhoea and other ually transmitted diseases out there. I feel so unfortunate then.” Chanyeol says sarcastically.

“Har! Har! Har! Yeol.” Baekhyun punches Chanyeol on the shoulder as he walked behind the sofa.

“Seriously Yeol show some sympathy. I got laid thank goodness.” Baekhyun plops himself down beside Chanyeol and cradled Mr. Peterson’s face and stared cooing at it. “I thought my wasn’t gonna see sunlight again. It’s been kept in the dark for far too long.” 

“I would appreciate if you don’t taint my bunny’s ears with your promiscuous ways.” Chanyeol tugs the said bunny out of Baekhyun’s reach.

“If I know Yeol, you’re almost a little too intimate with that bunny.” Baekhyun grins teasingly.

“Don’t be disgusting.” Chanyeol replies. “Besides I’d rather get to first base with Mr. Peterson instead of you. God knows where those lips came from."

“Well the come did land somewhere on my lips.” Baekhyun was quick to jump off the couch and sashay away.

“You’re gross Byun Baekhyun!” Chanyeol takes one of their multi-colored throw pillow and launchess it at Baekhyun. It hits him on the back of his thighs but he was already half-way in the kitchen. His laughter echoing inside their apartment.

 

--

 

“So Chanyeol, how’s the job-hunting?” Baekhyun shakes the bottle his holding as he saunters towards Chanyeol who was seated on their living room floor.

“Well it’s going fine. If you consider… two failed interviews and three ‘we’ll call you backs’, fine.” Groaning, Chanyeol scrubs a hand on his face before leaning back and stretching his aching muscles.

Baekhyun leans over Chanyeol’s shoulder as he looks up available jobs in the internet. “Because you’re too stiff with your schedule. Employers don’t want that.”

“But I can’t switch my schedule I’ve already requested an overload so I’d have more time for my final year for the major subjects.”

“Well… you could always ask your parents—“

“No. No. No. No. Getting a doctorate is already expensive. I don’t think my parents would give me more money despite the obvious abundance of it.” Chanyeol mutters.

“You have money. You’re pretty frickin’ loaded." Baekhyun lays down on the sofa and switches on the tv. "Hey! By the way, why aren’t you treating me fancy food all the time?”

“First of all, my parents are the ones loaded, not me. The only money I have right now is the one I have saved on the bank. Second of all, I can’t afford to buy myself fancy- food why should I do it for you?” Chanyeol turns back to his computer and minimized his browser. It's time to do some actual school work.

“’Cause I’m your friend and that’s what friends do.” Baekhyun shruggs a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter