Five

Ours

Jongin smiled as Taeoh walked over to him, the toddler practically back to his original joyful self. “Hey, buddy.” He called out as the child opened his arms. He immediately bent over to pick him up, pecking his forehead softly as he settled the toddler on his hip. “How was school today, huh? Did you fun playing with Jesper and all your other friends?” He questioned thoughtfully, a genuine twinkle in his eyes as he nuzzled their noses together. Taeoh nodded in response, a beam on his adorable features as he watched their surroundings as Jongin carried him to the car. “That’s good. Did anything cool or exciting happen today?”

This seemed to spark particular interest in the toddler, an excited gasp leaving his lips as his cute head bobbed excitedly. Jongin chuckled; waiting to hear exactly what had the other so excited. Taeoh buried his face into his dad’s neck with a giggle, his feet swinging back and forth happily. “I saw Soo hyung today.” He mumbled just loud enough for the other to hear. Jongin just about dropped his bag at the statement, eyes moving to look at the sight of his child so giddy over the thought.

“I-Is that so, sweetie?” He asked softly, a few thoughts going through his head as he processed the information. Last time he heard the four year old talk about the ex-music teacher, just the mention of the teen’s name had the toddler absolutely devastated. “Well...did you talk to him?”

“Mhm, he talked back, too.” The child replied, playing with the strings to Jongin’s hoody.

Jongin’s lip became under his teeth in instinct as he unlocked the car door. He bent down and placed Taeoh in his seat, buckling him in before looking him in the eyes. “What about?”

Taeoh’s face scrunched up cutely as he tried to recall their conversation from earlier that day. He made soft hum before gasping with a smile. “Oh, Oh! I remember! I saw him with Jongdae hyung, at recess, and I came up to him and hugged him.”

Jongin sighed softly, a chuckle following right after as to not upset the child. “Yeah, but what did you talk about, silly?”

Taeoh parted his lips and nodded in understanding before taking slipping his backpack off with a wide beam. Jongin watched in wonderment as the toddler ped his backpack, shoving his hand in and pulling out a stuffed penguin. He shoved it in his father’s face and giggled softly. “Soo hyung gave me this!” He shouted excitedly, waving it around before hugging it to his small chest.

Normally, Jongin would ask why he accepted the toy from someone who practically is a stranger, but he let the subject slide as he smiled stiffly at the penguin. “Tae, what did you and Soo hyung talk about?” He questioned again as he played with the cloth of Taeoh’s jeans.

“Oh! He asked me how I was, and if I was being a good boy.” Taeoh replied, his attention mainly on the baby blue penguin with the comically large eyes and small yellow beak. ‘Kind of like Kyungsoo.’ He mentally chuckled, before smiling at the younger. He quickly moved around to get in his seat and start the car, buckling his seatbelt and checking all his mirrors. He looked back as he put the car in reverse, carefully maneuvering out of his parking space before glancing at Taeoh. His expression was blank as he looked out the window, the penguin still resting against his chest as his eyes darted to all the other cars.

“What’s on your mind, Taeoh-ah?” He questioned with curiosity.

“Soo hyung asked about daddy today.” He replied after a few seconds, his lips forming a pout as he sighed. “He didn’t even look at my pretty picture I painted.” He whined softly as his eyes furrowed in distaste.

“What did you say?” He questioned quickly, resisting the urge to look at his son as he pulled out of the parking lot. He didn’t know if he’d heard correctly, and it was slightly irritating how fast his heart was beating.

“I painted a picture of a flower and sunshine, but Soo hyung didn’t want to see it!” He shouted, his voice high pitched with an undertone of hurt. What could he say? His painting was so good, and much better than all of the other kids, of course. It hurt to go unrecognized for it.

“No, buddy, before that.” Jongin said, before instantly smiling at the toddler through the mirror. “But I’m sure he was probably busy and would’ve loved to see it.” He added, knowing his son would’ve taken it as Jongin ignoring his feelings.

“Oh...well, he asked me how my daddy was doing, and if he was angry at something.”

Jongin frowned as he pulled up to a red light, looking at Taeoh with an inquiring look. Why couldn’t Kyungsoo approach him with those same questions?

Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly, not wanting Taeoh to know that he had upset his favorite hyung and basically caused the toddler’s discontent. What he didn’t know wouldn’t kill him, Jongin decided. “Well, that sounds interesting.” He muttered before driving without another word. He switched the radio on for the child and smiled when he made a soft sound of interest, a bright smile shining on his cherubic features.

The drive home seemed relatively short compared to usual. From his exhausted body, or his rapid thoughts, Jongin didn’t know. All he knows is that he drove in a daze, seeing the road, but constantly replaying red teary doe eyes and trembling plump lips in his mind. He parked his car in a jiffy, and unbuckled and carried Taeoh into the building as usual. He smiled softly as Taeoh began to hum a random tune and kick his feet even as they walked up the stairs to their first story apartment. Jongin sighed as he pulled his keys out of his bag without dropping the child as best as possible, bringing them to the door knob and pushing it towards the keyhole.

Only the door opened the second the key nudged the cool metal.

Jongin’s eyes widened as he gasped in surprise. He definitely locked the door on the way out that morning. Right? He looked at Taeoh and forced a stiff smile, his lips twitching awkwardly as he tried to keep calm for the younger. “Hey, Taeoh...why don’t you wait out here for a little while daddy...checks for...s-spiders?” He whispered, putting the four year old down. Taeoh quickly nodded his head and childishly hid behind his backpack, using it to defend himself from his worst fear as he ushered Jongin in with a soft ‘kill them, daddy’.

Jongin stepped inside the apartment slowly, his guard up as he flattened himself against the wall adjacent to the door. He took his shoe off and held it up defensively as he walked down the small hallway leading to the living room and kitchen, ready to chuck it at any intruders if needed. He stopped at the corner and peeked into the living room to the right, biting his lip nervously when he saw nothing. He slowly stepped into the living room before jumping when he heard the refrigerator open in the kitchen. He held the show up, ready to throw it the second the intruder made it through the door frame before stilling when he heard the blender being . He quickly ran into the kitchen, about to finally throw the show when he dropped it on the floor all together. Black hair. Pale skin. Glossy eyes. Dimple.

“What the , Yixing!?” Jongin exclaimed, staring at the other with a confused, yet equally mad expression.

Said male looked at Jongin and split into a wide grin, waving at him with a chuckle. “Hey, Jongin.” He replied, his Korean broken yet understandable. “It’s been a while, my friend.”

“How the hell did you get into here?” He questioned with a frustrated groan. “You scared the poop out of me.” Yixing stared at him for a few seconds, not uttering a single sound before throwing his head back and laughing. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows as he watched the other turn scarlet, his eyes crinkling as tears of mirth fell. “What’s so-” He began before closing his eyes in annoyance as the sound of the blender went off again, effectively cutting off his sentence. He waited until the older turned it off before sighing and clearing his throat. “How’d you get in here, hyung?”

Yixing stared at the contents of the blender with a beam, not bothering to get a cup as he stuck a straw in the blunder and drank from it. “I picked the lock, of course.” He answered nonchalantly, shrugging as he took another drink of whatever it was he made.

“Are you high again?” He groaned, watching as Yixing smiled innocently as he slurped his drink.

“That’s a very official way of saying I did indeed indulge in some herb.” He smiled, pointing his finger at Jongin and nodding his head with a chuckle. His chuckle turned into a squeal as Taeoh walked into the kitchen, hopping around like a child on Christmas. “Oh my gosh, your little person is getting so big!”

Jongin picked his son up and rested him on his hip as he smiled at Taeoh, ruffling his hair with his left hand. “Do you remember uncle Yixing, buddy?” He asked, watching the toddler stare at Yixing quizzically as he went back to his drink. Taeoh shrugged and rested his head on Jongin’s shoulder, nuzzling his face into the cloth of Jongin’s hoody. “He used to come here a lot when you were a baby, and I’d have to chase him away because I’d always catch him trying to give you too much candy and soda.” He chuckled, watching as Taeoh’s head shot up at the mention of candy. He instantly squirmed until Jongin had to put him down before running over to Yixing.

“Uncle Yixing!” He squealed as he hugged the Chinese male’s leg. Yixing looked down at Taeoh before looking up at Jongin.

“I have a feeling he only wants candy.” He muttered with his eyes squinted in thought. He bent over and picked up the toddler and smiled. “You know...you used to be fat. A fat bundle of skin and guts-”

“Yixing!” Jongin interrupted before the older continued. There never seemed to be a filter on his friend’s mouth. He’d always been blunt, even back in high school when the two adults had met.

“God, I was kidding, jeez.” Yixing defended, almost dropping Taeoh as he tried to hold his hands up in mock surrender.                 Jongin immediately ran forward and grabbed Taeoh, ignoring the way Taeoh tried to grab for Yixing’s straw. “You’re like a cop, now. You fun sponge.” Yixing pouted, sighing as he up the rest of whatever he was drinking. “When was the last time you went out?”

Jongin glared at Yixing as he sat in one of the kitchen chairs. “I’m not a fun sponge. Besides, you know I can’t go out. I’m a parent if you’ve forgotten. I can’t just go out when I want to, because I have a son who I need to look out for.” He sighed. Truthfully, the closest he’s been to going out in the past four years was grabbing a coffee with his cousin Taemin during his prep period between dance classes.

“Daddy, go out where?” Taeoh interrupted, his head cocked to the side in confusion.

“To a-”

“Bar.” Yixing cut in, earning another glare from Jongin and another confused look from Taeoh.

Jongin sighed and decided not to explain anything further as he began to bounce Taeoh on his lap. “What’s the point, Yixing?”

Said male groaned and dramatically slapped his head as he sat down in front of Jongin. “The point is you need to loosen up! I bet you have blue balls for days!” Yixing exclaimed in exasperation. Jongin groaned as Taeoh opened his mouth to ask a question, before politely, yet swiftly, ushering the child out of the room. “You need to get out and have fun! You know, let your hair down, let out the beast, and all that !”

“Will you keep it down? My son is in the next room and can probably hear your cursing!”

“See! You’re proving my point, Jongin. You are so stiff and strict!” Yixing wailed with a distressed look, throwing his hands in the air as he spoke. “You are entitled to your own fun.”

Jongin sighed and let his hands run through his hair as he closed his eyes. “Yixing...I can’t have my own fun like that. I’m grateful that you want me to have time for myself, but I’m a parent. I can’t think for myself, because everything I do has an effect on Taeoh, too.”  He smiled apologetically. Yixing stayed quiet for a while, eyes downcast as he played with his hands. Jongin didn’t like the sad mood that was set, and tried to uplift it, but before he could utter a single word, Yixing jolted from his chair and began dragging Jongin down the hallway towards his and Taeoh’s shared bedroom. “Yixing-“

“Get dressed now or I swear to god, I will castrate you.”

Jongin’s eyes widened in horror, a gasp leaving his lips as he rushed ahead to his closet and frantically picked through his clothes. The last time he had tested the older would be the last, because Zhang Yixing does not take threats and promises lightly. The two were celebrating Jongin’s birthday, before Taeoh was even conceived, and Yixing had persuaded the other to go clubbing with him. Jongin had one to many shots of tequila, and was gagging before he even stumbled to the bathroom. Yixing, being the good friend he was, assisted Jongin to the dingy restroom as best as his drunken body could. “I swear Kim Jongin, if you puke on me, I will piss on you while you’re asleep!” Was slurred between the boom of bass and conversations.

Long story short, Jongin woke up hungover, wet, and reeking next to a snoring Yixing.

“Get dressed for what, hyung?” He sighed as he rustled through the hangers holding his clothes.

“You, my friend, are going out.” Yixing drawled, not-so-subtly checking himself out in Jongin’s mirror hanging on the back of his door. “You are going to have fun, and hopefully get some while you’re at it.”

Jongin groaned as he threw on a flimsy navy blue t-shirt that accentuated his sculpted collar bones and the beginning of his chest. He stared at his shirt for a few seconds before frowning in distaste. “Too much skin…” he trailed off, and began looking for something to go over the shirt.

“Jongin. That’s the point!” Yixing exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air to articulate with his words. “You need to show people your skin so they see how hot you can be when you’re not being stubborn and moody.” He added on. Jongin frowned at the words, but chose to ignore them, instead shaking his head as he threw on a black cardigan.

“If I have to go out against my will, then I’m wearing whatever I want to where.” He replied nonchalantly. He flipped through the clothes before stopping at a pair of pants with a smile just as Yixing sighed. “How about this, hyung?” He questioned with a teasing tone of voice as he slipped out of his dance pants. He pulled the new pair of pants up with minimal struggle, buttoning them and making sure his fly was up.

“Damn.” Was all Yixing said as he stared at Jongin’s legs. Jongin had slipped himself into a pair of tight black skinny jeans, small holes and tears in the fabric on Jongin’s right thigh and left knee, exposing some of the golden tan skin. The jeans were like a second skin that clung to Jongin’s thighs, accentuating his slim yet muscular thighs. Yixing smirked in approval, giving Jongin a thumbs up and nodding his head. “That’ll get the dropping.”

“Hyung, you do realize that I’m gay right?” Jongin asked in amusement, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well excuse me for assuming you like , considering you have a four year old child, .”

“Can you please stop cussing in my household? My child is in the other room, and I’d prefer that he doesn’t pick up foul language like-“

“Oh my god, make it stop.” Yixing groaned, turning towards the door and banging his head on the mirror dramatically. “This is why you’re going out. You aren’t fun.”

“I am too! Watch. Taeoh-ah!” He called out, his voice reverting back to his usual, childish tone he uses with Taeoh. He smiled when he heard the small pitter patter of Taeoh running back to the room, crouching down as his son ran into the room with a curious look.

“Yeah, daddy?” He asked as he stood in front of the older.

“You think daddy’s fun, right?” He asked with a small pout.

 Taeoh rushed into his arms with a smile, hugging Jongin as tight as his small arms could. “Daddy is the funnest daddy ever!” Taeoh giggled softly, causing a proud smile to grace Jongin’s face as he glanced up at the Chinese male. Said man rolled his eyes before sitting on Jongin’s bed and shaking his head.

“Hey, Taeoh. Does your daddy have friends other than me?”

Taeoh broke the hug and glanced at Yixing, taking a few seconds before nodding his head. “Yeah, uncle Sehun and Baekhyun, and Jongdae hyung.”

 “Ooh, uncle Sehun and Baekhyun. Who’s Jongdae?” Yixing asked as he picked up a picture of Jongin and Taeoh from the bedside table.

“Jongdae is his teacher at his preschool.” Jongin answered for the toddler, smiling and patting his back. “Thank you, Taeoh. Daddy loves you so much. You can have an extra half hour of TV time tonight, okay?”

Taeoh nodded his head with excitement, sprinting out of the room with a rushed ‘love you too’ towards the living room. “Woohoo, you have four friends. So impressive.” Yixing replied sarcastically once the child was out of earshot.

“I’m completely fine with that. I don’t need a lot of friends when I have my best friend at home with me every day.” Jongin said immediately, a soft smile on his lips as he grabbed his pair of black combat boots from the floor of his closet.

“Jongin, you are an amazing father, and                I’m glad that you take pride in your son. Most people would shoot the idea down at having a kid as early as you did, but you took him in, and your family and friends all support you. I’m proud to have you as a friend, Jongin, I really am.” Yixing sighed out, scratching the back of his nape and looking at the younger.

“Yixing…”

“But Jongin, you’ve got to understand that just because you are a parent, it doesn’t mean you have to give up your own personal life. I know that you have to play it safe for the sake of Taeoh, but don’t you want to break away and do something exciting? To meet someone and settle down, even?”

Jongin looked down at the floor and stared for a few seconds, considering the other’s words as he sat down to put his boots on. He was reminded of how amazing these past four years have been for him and his child, but also how little time he has had to himself. He never stays out past eight, even if someone is watching Taeoh. He hasn’t drunk since that night four years ago. Hell, he doesn’t even remember the last time he touched himself. He bit his lip and nodded his head hesitantly. “I…I do. I really do, Yixing.”

Yixing smiled and sat in front of Jongin, placing a hand on his shoulder. “Jongin, this is the time to do that. You can do whatever you want, and everything will be safe. I’ll stay here and watch your son, and you can go out and have fun. If you’d feel more comfortable, I’ll call Baekhyun and Sehun to come help me watch Taeoh, but only if you go out and make this night your . You deserve it, Jongin.” He said his voice soft and full of sincerity.

Jongin blinked at Jongin and stared, surprised at how genuine and humble Yixing’s words were. He felt the way adrenaline seemed to flow in his veins at the thought of going out, the other’s words having swayed him. He smiled and pulled his friend into a tight hug, ignoring the other’s protests. “When the hell did you become so smart, hyung?”

“Don’t make this weird, stupid.” Yixing grumbled quietly, before slowly wrapping his arms around Jongin with a sigh. Jongin smiled gratefully, squeezing him tighter with an airy chuckle. He’d definitely have to repay the other later.

 

 

 

After much pushing and silencing on Yixing’s part, Jongin was out the door with only his keys, phone and wallet in hand and his black trench coat on his back. He sighed, already finding the lack of work supplies an abnormality in itself. He quickly shuffled down the stairs to the lobby, waving goodbye to his neighbor Heechul. He speed walked to his car, determined to show Yixing he could have a good night and wasted no time as he quickly buckled himself in. “Taeoh-ah, you buckled…oh.” He trailed off, glancing at the empty car seat before sighing and sitting up straight. “Come on, Jongin. Have fun.” He whispered to himself as he put the keys in ignition.

Only he had one problem.

Where was he going to go?

He frowned to himself, staring at his steering wheel for a few minutes. He’d only been to one club, and the last he heard, the club was rebuilt and turned into a gym. He sat back and sighed, fishing his phone out of his pocket and opening his browser before staring blankly at the screen. What did he want to do? He could go to a restaurant, but that seemed too depressing to do considering no one was going with him. He also ruled out going to the mall, considering the high schoolers were probably let out of school not too long ago, along with the adults who just finished work so it would most likely be packed. None of the movies he’s seen on commercials between cartoons and his dramas seemed interesting, either.

He finally sighed and typed in “gay bars in Seoul” with great reluctance, shaking his leg as he scrolled through the results. There were a few that were obviously gay strip clubs, the links all starting with “hot men” or having the signature “XXX” after the name. One particular name caught his interest though, his eyebrow rising in curiosity. He clicked on the link to a web review on the club “Wolf’s Growl” and immediately began reading each comment. Most of the reviews all said that the club was a safe, relaxed hotspot for all members of the LGBTQ community and even had a few pictures of the place itself. He his GPS, typing in the address to the club before setting off on his trip.

It took a total of fifteen minutes to get there, traffic being thicker more than usual, but not too bad considering the time. He quickly parked his car and looked at the entrance with amusement. There was a flashing LED light with a wolf howling out the fancy cursive, a light blue just barely lighting up the brick wall around it due to the sun still being out. “Wolf’s Growl.” He muttered to himself before slowly stepping towards the entrance. There was no sign of a security guard, and Jongin almost debated whether or not it was closed, before a couple of laughing woman pushed through the door, the smell of alcohol and sweat apparent as they walked past the young man. He frowned, watching the woman shamelessly each other with mischievous giggles, one even leaning in to at the smaller girl’s neck.

He quickly averted his gaze back to the door and pushed through it, already feeling nervous as he practically felt the bass of the music. There was a dimly lit hallway leading further into the building, not even a picture on each wall as Jongin walked further. With each step, the music seemed to grow louder and louder, and Jongin found himself cringing, not used to anything louder than a car horn or fire alarm since he usually kept everything quiet for his kid. Even his dance classes never got over medium volume on his stereo system. He approached a large set of black, large metal doors, placing his hand on the entrance and giving it a timid push to open it.

The first thing he noticed was the large lights flashing over a crowd of dancing bodies. There was a large group of people mushed together on a small dance floor, limbs and bodies swaying to a lewd song that had Jongin’s cheeks flushing. The air was thick and hot, reeking of sweat and alcohol. Jongin walked further into the room, finding it harder to breathe and squeeze through all the people as he walked deeper into the crowd. He could barely hear himself think as he finally managed to shuffle over to the bar, sitting on a tall stool and resting his head in his palms. He definitely read some wrong reviews. Is this relaxed compared to most clubs? If so, how did people find clubs as amusing as they did? Because Jongin was already debating whether or not he should go home.

Just as he looked up, someone behind the counter was walking his way. Most of his hair was pushed back and under a beanie except for the black bangs peaking out, complementing the person’s clear complexion whilst giving them a youthful look. He was wearing a flannel with his sleeves pushed up past his elbows and a white t-shirt under it, matched with some black skinnies and a pair of worn in sneakers.  He didn’t fail to notice the tattoos traveling up the expanse of his forearm. Most likely a college student, Jongin mused mentally. The person opened his mouth to speak to Jongin, but all he could hear was a faint murmur over the loud cheers of the crowd and the music. “What?” He shouted, hoping the person heard him. The other seemed to be laughing as he looked at Jongin, stepping slightly closer.

“I said, ‘I haven’t seen you here before.’ Is this your first time coming here?” He yelled, surprising Jongin with his surprisingly high voice for a male. Jongin nodded his head, glancing at the crowd just in time to witness two guys grinding against each other. His head shot back to the bartender, who was smirking in amusement. “The name’s Amber.”

Not a man.

He should’ve guessed it though, because it is an LGBTQ club.

“Jongin.” He replied, leaning forward so she could hear him. “I hope this doesn’t offend you, but I thought-“

“I was a man?” Amber cut in, a soft smile on her features as she shook her head in amusement. “No hard feelings, dude. I get that a lot, not that I mind, anyways.”

Jongin nodded his head and smiled back, giving her body a once over. “So are you transgender?” He asked, fanning himself when his skin began to tinge with the beginnings of perspiration.

Amber laughed bashfully, shaking her head as she began pouring a drink in a cup. “No, I’m a lesbian. A butch, to be frank. But if my girlfriend’s mom asks, I’m a man!” She laughed, stopping her mixing and throwing her head back as she downed the substance. Jongin was slightly surprised, glancing at the other bartenders to see if they had witnessed the employee drinking the merchandise. “Relax! We’re allowed to drink, just as long as we can work properly and don’t drink too much. Our boss is cool like that.” She said as if reading his mind, placing her hands on the bar. “You want a drink?”

“Uh…sure, but what do you guys have?”

“That depends, honestly. We have all the basic alcohols like liquor, tequila, soju, and all that Jazz, but we can also make you almost any drink you can think of.” She explained, gesturing to the rack of different bottles of said alcohols and a small mini fridge on the counter. “So…what do you want?”

Jongin stared at each bottle blankly, cursing inwardly as he tried to remember the drinks he would drink back in the short period of time he was able to party. He remembers that he liked strawberries in his drink, but he honestly doesn’t even remember what it was called. He glanced down at the counter before shrugging and looking at Amber. “You got any lemonade?”

Amber stared at him with an unreadable expression, squinting her eyes as she stared into Jongin’s own. “What’s your deal man?” She suddenly asked, practically leaning over the bar to stare straight at Jongin’s face.

He looked away and flushed, shrugging his shoulders as he avoided her deep gaze. “Uh…nothing?”

“Why the are you coming to a bar if you want something nonalcoholic?” She questioned, leaning back and pouring herself some more of whatever drink she had before. “Don’t get me wrong, I can make you some, but seriously. Why didn’t you just go to a store and buy some lemonade?”

Jongin frowned and looked up at her,  eyeing her curiously as he finally met her eyes. He gave up and sighed, running his hands through his hair and adjusting his cardigan when it began to get to hot with it closed. “I have a son, and-“

“Wait, you have a son?!” Amber exclaimed, gaping at him before shaking her head. She’d save her questions for later.

“Yes…I have a son. Anyways, I have a four year old and I devote all my time to him. I want to make sure that despite living in a single father household, he grows up happy and healthy, so I spend every second with him. My friend broke into my house and convinced me to go out, so here I am…” he trailed off, tracing random designs on the countertop. “The last time I drank, I ended up finding out I was going to be a father…not that I’m disappointed with how things turned out! I love my son to death. I just…I haven’t drunk a single drop of alcohol since he was conceived, so I don’t really know what to get.”

Amber nodded her head in understanding and stood there quietly as she processed the information. Jongin eyed her, waiting for her to say something, anything, only to sigh when she turned around and walked towards the counter. He couldn’t believe she was turning him away for having a child after being so cool before, not even talking to him after he explained himself. Just as he was about to get up and leave, he heard the sound of something sliding across the wood in front of him. He looked down and widened his eyes when he realized what it was.

A shot glass.

Jongin stared at the clear liquid inside it, wondering what it was before glancing back up at Amber. She was smiling at him, gesturing for him to pick it up. “What is it?” He questioned softly, eyeing it in suspicion.  He wafted it towards his nose and hummed in understanding, already having a good guess at what it was. “Soju?”

“I don’t know, why don’t you drink it?” Amber teased, chuckling after.  Jongin gave her a skeptical glance before nodding, taking a deep breath and downing the contents in one go. He cringed, always having thought that Soju tasted like weak rubbing alcohol. “How’s the first shot of alcohol since being a dad, bud?” She chuckled, smiling at him as she watched his facial expression change to one of distaste.

“It’s not as enjoyable as I remember.” He answered back, before looking back behind him when someone had bumped into him. He shook his head as the man walked away without uttering a single apology, before looking back at Amber. “So, what’s up with the reviews? This totally does not match what I imagined when I read the comment section.”

Amber laughed and shook her head, gesturing for him to look around. “Could you not tell that that was an old review? This club used to be a café, but since it wasn’t getting too many patrons besides high schoolers, we turned it into a bar. As you can see, we’re doing more than okay now. The website is being updated now; we just didn’t put up a disclaimer.”

Jongin nodded, his lips parting as an inaudible ‘oh’ left his lips. That explained a lot, he mused.

“So, how long have you been-“

“Amber, can you get this guy a drink? I’m on my break.” Another bartender shouted from the other side of the bar, waving said woman over.

“I’m on it!” She called back, shooing her away with a flick of her wrist. She turned to Jongin and quickly refilled his shot glass. “Duty calls, bro. It was nice meeting you!” She smiled, playfully saluting the tan male.

“Wait! How much are these shots?” He asked in a rush. He was certain he only had at most sixty dollars in his wallet, and he wasn’t wasting it all on alcohol if the drinks here were overpriced.

“It’s on the house! Consider it a gift for coming here for the first time.”

Jongin’s lips instantly curled into a smile, his eyes bright as he lifted the shot glass to his lips and downed the soju in one go. He sighed as he glanced around, wondering how it was that people could stand the booming music. Conversing with Amber had proven to distract his ears from the earsplitting music and cheers of the crowd, but now the music was almost becoming intolerable. It reminded him how Taeoh had sensitive ears, and always had his cartoons on low volume as to not give him a head ache.

Taeoh.

He whipped his phone and opened his contacts, scrolling down until Yixing’s name finally appeared on his screen. His fingers tapped away like lightning, a concerned frown etched onto his youthful features. “Yixing, what’s going on? Is my son okay? You’re still watching him, right?” He sent, turning off the screen and immediately tapping his foot impatiently as he awaited a response.  The second he felt his phone vibrate, he unlocked the screen and stared at the message.

‘ off, you’ll see him when you get home.’

He groaned in annoyance, his fingers threading through his hair as he breathed to save himself from his worries. Taeoh was okay, and sitting here worrying about him would defeat the purpose of why he went out. He repeated that in his head, taking a moment to snap himself out of his thoughts. But that was a thing he was never good at; he’d always worry over his son.

With a small pat to the side of his head, he got up from the stool and moved towards the crowd just as the music changed. Something he takes pride in is that he was naturally gifted when it came to dancing, so he decided to give it a try. The next song that played had him smirking to himself. It was slower than the one before, but it had a more sensual feel to it; spoke of gentle promises of a couple together under the moonlight. He closed his eyes and let the music play in his mind, mentally imagining himself in the singer’s situation. His limbs began to move on their own as if they had a mind of their own, moving fluidly in the small space between the sweaty bodies around him. It was as if he was alone in his dance studio at the school, only letting out his raw emotion into the dance and forgetting his worries in favor of just feeling the music.

Before he knew it, the song was over and he suddenly he was back in the room full of drunkards. There were a few girls openly ogling him, along with a few smirks sent to him by a handful of men. He sent them all shy smiles, bashful under their predatory gaze as he began shuffling back to his school. Yixing told him that it was time he found someone to screw, but none of these people were desirable. He preferred smaller men, ones he could dominate without struggle anyways. His eyes scanned the crowd before halting and widening at the sight just a couple feet away from him.

Petite hands rest on tall broad shoulders; almost comical considering the owner of those hands had his harms almost fully extended to reach the other’s shoulders. Doe eyes fluttered closed only to open and crinkle in what could only be seen as joy, directed up at his partner’s face. His petite form was swaying to the music as another song played, not seductively but just enough to catch Jongin’s interest. His eyes traveled up to see plump lips opening and closing as they shouted words to the other person.

It was Kyungsoo.

Something strange settled in his stomach as he watched the teen converse with the tall man, a frown on his face as he tried to process the information. His stomach churned unpleasantly, and his heart stuttering in his chest as he watched the taller man lean closer to whisper in Kyungsoo’s ear. The doe eyed male’s face went scarlet, but he laughed, lightly hitting the man’s chest as he shook his head. Jongin’s fists clenched at his sides as his shoulder’s tensed, his jaw following after.

Why was Kyungsoo at a club?

Dancing with a man who was taller and noticeably stronger than him.

Jongin’s mind went blank as he stormed out of the club, pushing men and women who tried to stop and flirt with him out of the way. His mind was racing as he slammed his car door, his shaky hands barely managing to put his key in the ignition before he was speeding off down the street. The sun was just getting ready to fall, but all Jongin wanted to do was sleep.

 

 

 

The young father yawned as he walked into through the preschool center doors, muttering a stiff ‘morning’ to a woman passing with presumably her husband. He didn’t even need to look up from his gaze on the colorful carpets, automatically walking towards Jongdae’s classroom. Taeoh had woken up with a fever and he always preferred telling the teacher in person since he had to drop off the substitute’s lesson plans anyways. He had decided to take the day off since Monday was his least favorite day, and he was still caught up on his latest run in with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo always seemed to leave his mind in havoc, and it was both frustrating and equally interesting to Jongin. The younger was always on the back of his mind ever since he saw Kyungsoo crying, and he wanted a break from his inner struggles. Kyungsoo was just a stranger. There were more important things to worry about than some teenager who he had accused of being a child molester. He was simply uncomfortable with a teenager who he saw in a gay bar, dancing with some tall guy.

Uncomfortable, that’s the word.

Jongin was pulled out of his thoughts at the sound of two voices conversing, much like the last time he had caught them. Kyungsoo was once again talking with the preschooler teacher, and Jongin briefly couldn’t help but think Kyungsoo came by too often for someone who didn’t want to work at the center anymore. “What happened with that Yifan guy? I thought you were getting all friendly with him. Are you some kind of player, Soo?” Jongdae chuckled, but Jongin could only cringe at the nickname he addressed Kyungsoo with.

Said boy laughed lightly, and it sent Jongin’s heartbeat racing in his chest, pounding hard against his ribcage. He’d never heard him laugh before, and it was pleasant to his ears. “I’m not a player, hyung. Yifan was really pushy, so I told him it would be best if we were friends.” Kyungsoo replied, his voice light and cheerful. The change was nice from the last time Jongin heard it. “He took me to a club! I don’t know how he got me in, but he kept trying to get me to drink with him. I don’t feel like losing my ity to a drunk who was whispering lewd things in my ears when we were supposed to be getting to properly know each other, even if he was handsome and fun.” Jongin didn’t know why the thought of Kyungsoo being untouched had him smiling to himself, but he did admit that he didn’t like Kyungsoo calling that other guy handsome and fun.

“I see. Good job, Soo! I’m so proud that you are choosing to stay abstinent!” Jongdae cooed, earning a couple grumbles from the younger. Jongin peaked his head out from behind the door frame and briefly saw Jongdae squeezing Kyungsoo into a hug, Kyungsoo’s face pressed into the other’s shoulder before he was pushed back lightly. “Anyways, what were you saying about this ‘Chanyeol’ guy? Is he your boyfriend or something?”

“Ew, no! I was telling you that he was someone you might like. He’s too loud and creepy for me.” Kyungsoo hissed back, distaste written in the way his button nose scrunched up and his eyes narrowed. “I gave him your number already, so don’t wimp out if you get a message from an unknown number.”

“Soo, I’m touched.” Jongdae whimpered, wiping fake tears away before smiling at the smaller. “I’ll answer back for you. But what about you, huh?”

“What about me?” Kyungsoo questioned, his head tilting to the side slightly in curiosity.

“Is there someone on your radar?” Jongdae snickered, poking at Kyungsoo sides and ignoring the way his hands were swatted away. Jongin’s heart stopped slightly as he listened, eyes staring at the way Kyungsoo’s face dropped of all emotion. He didn’t fail to notice the reluctance in Kyungsoo’s eyes, the younger glancing at the floor as his bottom lip caught under his teeth. Jongin was waiting for anything, his curiosity growing inside him as awaited Kyungsoo’s response. The teen’s shoulders drooped slightly as his fingers dug themselves in his front pockets.

“I think I like someone.” He finally muttered, his eyes still trained to the floor. Jongin could here slight sorrow in his voice, and it only heightened his wonderment towards Kyungsoo’s words. Did Kyungsoo begin falling for someone who was taken? Did he not know how to recognize his feelings? Jongin pursed his lips in thought as he imagined Kyungsoo upset over this mystery person.

What was his type anyways?

“What do you mean, Kyungsoo? Who is it?” Jongdae asked his voice soft and his tone caring as if his words could break Kyungsoo.  Jongin found the thought weird considering the older was always teasing people or bright and cheery. He and Kyungsoo must be close, he mused.

“It doesn’t matter, he probably hates me any-“

“Jongin, what the hell are you doing?” Sehun’s voice interrupted. Jongin’s head whipped around with an alarmed expression on his face, flustered under his best friend’s piercing gaze. At the same time Jongin began opening his mouth to speak, he faintly heard to other pairs of feet approaching the door from behind. He glanced behind him and his mortification only grew as his eyes met with Kyungsoo’s wide ones.

“Mr. Kim?” The teen whispered, staring at Jongin as if he couldn’t believe his own eyes.

“K-Kyungsoo! I-“ He began before getting interrupted by a gasp, followed by a shriek as Baekhyun pushed past Jongin and enveloped Kyungsoo in his arms.

“Oh my god, Kyungsoo! It’s been so long!” He squealed, resembling an over excited teen girl. Kyungsoo’s eyes never left Jongin’s all the while, and Jongin found himself blushing and shooting his eyes over to Jongdae.

“T-Taeoh is sick, and isn’t coming to class today. Thank you, bye.” He rushed out, turning on his heels and looking down in embarrassment.

“Wait, Jongin!” He heard the teacher yell, but he ignored it as he raced back to his car. He wasted no time, putting the key in the ignition before zooming out of the parking lot in haste. He was beyond embarrassed, and all he wanted was to get home and burry himself in his blankets. He was glad he didn’t have to teach that day, because he knew he would have been out of it mentally and his dance class wouldn’t learn new techniques well at all.

And that’s when it dawned on him that he didn’t drop off the sub plans.

“!” He screamed, pounding his knee in frustration.

 

 

 

   

 

Hey guys! I’m finally back after a long break! I’m so sorry, but I just had a lot(and still do) of things going on. I moved, studied for/took finals, auditioned for a team(which I made^-^),  and had some family problems between practices. I hope you guys can forgive me!

Anyways, I’m back with the newest chapter! This isn’t exactly like how I said I would write it in the poll, but if you were curious, option C was the winner. I decided to milk it out instead of putting a bunch of jealous Nini in one chapter. I figured it could elongate the plotline, and connect with my upcoming updates a little better. I won’t be putting too much jealous Nini in the next chapter because (SPOILER) there will be plenty of Jealous Nini throughout the story. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and continue to send a lot of support to this story. I will try and update more often~

Also I wanted to really quick, and once again, thank the tumblr page “kaisoo-catalog” for featuring my story in the recommendations. If you guys can’t find any good fanfics, go there! I’ve never been disappointed with a single story put in the recommendations~

Once again, thanks for reading, and until next time~

7.5k words.