Four

Ours

Jongin wanted to give up.

It seemed like everywhere he want, Kyungsoo was on his mind, plaguing his once clear conscious in guilt. There were rare moments in which the younger wasn't on his mind anymore, and no matter how many times he complained to Sehun and Baekhyun, they would brush him off saying it was his fault. He knew it was true, but Jongin was trying to forget he ever did something so distasteful.

Jongin had ran into the other, but the other avoided him as if he were death himself. The first time had been just outside the preschool classroom when he was planning on telling Jongdae that Taeoh had to stay home with his cousin Taemin and his husband Minho because he had a fever.

Now he was going to tell Jongdae that Taeoh wouldn't be attending for the week since he was going to his grandparents house in Busan when he heard the teacher practically whining. "Soo...please stay! It's not too late to reapply for the center and come back! I already have your background check and file in my records with the school center, so all you'd have to do is sign up again! Please, Kyungsoo! The children love you almost as much as I do, and the center won't be the same anymore!" Jongdae exclaimed.

Jongin peaked an eye into the door frame, internally exhaling in relief when he saw both males were facing away from the door, coffee mugs in their hands as they looked out the window, presumably at the stream that ran directly behind the school. Kyungsoo looked down towards his lap, sholders following. "Hyung, I have my reasons. I just think it's best." Kyungsoo responded dully, sighing as he brought the mug up to his lips.

'His reasons...'

Jongin frowned hearing Kyungsoo's lie. He felt like screaming, wanting to apologize right then, yet wanting to hear more. He has never felt this frustrated in his life; not during high school finals, not during college entrance exams, not finding a job straight from college, never. Now his mind was just one giant, convoluted mess that he didn't wish to deal with.

"Kyungsoo, I know you," the elder sighed, " You love children. You would never just leave the center for no reason. Do you want to talk about it? Will that make you feel better?".

Jongin's frown deepened, fingers shakily grasping at his leather satchel. He wanted to talk it out, and if the younger would talk to anyone, it should be him. His grip on his bag stap tightened when he saw Chen reach out and grasp the younger's shoulder, anger washing over him. He was getting getting up to enter the rrom when he saw Kyungsoo stand up, no longer listening as he bolted around the corner to hide behind a wall. Jongin stilled as he heard footsteps aproaching, heart breaking as an unexpectant Kyungsoo shuffled past lethargically, tears trailing down his face as he clasps a hand over his mouth. Jongin gaped, hating the state the younger was in. His beautiful brown eyes were quickly reddening as his shoulders shook. He looked more vulnerable than ever.

Jongin shuffled over to him, tapping the other's shoulder without a second thought. The smaller stopped walking, slowly turning around before his eyes hesitently looked up into the dance teacher's. Instantly, they enlarged as he turned around trying to walk away from Jongin. His steps speeding up, he walked after the younger in desperation. "Kyungsoo! Please, I just want to talk!" he shouted, gaining the attention of the center staff as he pushed through the glass doors. Kyungsoo's sobs increased in volume, as did the speed in his step, now in a slow jog as he used his fists to wipe his tears. "Kyungsoo, please stop!" Jongin tried again running over to the younger. He was ready to smile when the other stopped in front of him, but before he could utter a single word the other stomped on his foot. Crying out, he grabbed his foot in pain, looking at him in shock.

"Just leave me alone, Mr. Kim!" Kyungsoo cried, tears falling faster. Jongin's heart broke as Kyungsoo looked down and cried, fists balled up. "I was j-just grabbing the l-last of my things. I'm n-not here to see your s-son." 

"Kyungsoo-" he began.

"Please...just stop," Kyungsoo his feet, walking away from a frozen-in-place Jongin in haste. 

Jongin had too many thoughts racing through his head. He was frustrated that Kyungsoo wouldn't let him apologize, but most of all: he was disapointed in himself for causing the whole predicament. If there was one thing he could never handle, it was self disapointment. He would never expect to feel such pure self hatred as much as he did. He just stood there, Jongdae and his foot pain completely forgotten. He was so lost in himself, he didn't realize that the Oh family was aproaching.

"Hey, Jongin," Baekhyun greeted cheerfully, before furrowing his eyebrows when he looked at the younger's face, and he didn't respond back. Baekhyun shared a look of concern with his husband, communicating with their eyes. Sehun sighed, passing their sleeping son over to the elder before walking up to Jongin with hesitance, mentally preparing himself.

"Earth to Kim Jongin," he tried, shaking his shoulder from behind. Sehun had been prepared for many things that day, but this was not one of them. 

The prankster, lady killing, strong willed Kim Jongin that he had known forever was crying.

Kim Jongin does not cry.

He had a blank expression, not even sniffling as the tears trickled down. Sehun was at a loss of words, gaping dumbly at the other. "J-Jongin, you're crying," he stated dumbly. Jongin, unblinking, brought the tip of a finger to his cheeks, looking at the wetness left behind, chuckling bitterly.

"Now would you look at that," he attempted a small laugh as if trying to brush it off, before his face contorted into a pained expression and he broke down into tears. Sehun's best friend instincts kicked in instantaneously, guiding his friend's face into his shoulder as he rubbed circles into Jongin's back "S-Sehun...I feel so sh-ty. I-I've never been more d-disapointed in myself a-as I do now," he sobbed, clutching his friend's shirt in a tight grip. "I ed up. H-He won't e-even talk to me, and T-Taeoh is so upset. I went too far, and I r-regret it so much."

Sehun sighed, having heard the situation from his ranting husband. He remained silent, letting the other cry it out on his shoulder and rubbed patterns into his back. "Oh, Kim Jongin. What are we gonna do with you?" he chuckled after a few minutes of silence. Jongin looked up slowly when he heard the comment, smiling bittersweetly at the comment. "Though I do understand how...frustrating it is when someone ignores your apologies, I can't blaim him. What you said was pretty messed up, so it's only natural he would be offended."

"I-I didn't mean it," Jongin hiccuped brokenly.

"I know, I know. You were being protective of your son's feelings and it just slipped out. But e? Really?"

Jongin hung his head in shame, refusing to meet his best friend's eye. "I know. I d-don't know why I said it." His sniffling calm now, he shifted in his place.

"The way I see it, you have two options. One: wait it out and then approach him about it when the time seems right. Two: You take command and demand him to hear you out." 

Jongin thought the first idea seemed best. With time, Kyungsoo would beecome less sensitive about the subject, and it would be much easier to approach him and apologize.

Then, the imagine of Taeoh's pouty face popped into his mind. He remembers that since the day Kyungsoo hadn't showed up to music time, Taeoh was dragging his feet and lacking his usual sparkle of happiness. Jongin can't stand it any longer.

"Thank you, Sehun. I know what to do. I love you so much, man. I can kiss you right now."

Sehun grimaced, holding his hand out in a 'stop' notion. "Ew, that's what I married Baekhyun for, hyung." Just when they started laughing Baekhyun walked up to Sehun's side, gazing at the two in curiousness.

"What's so funny, guys?"

"Awe, nothing," Jongin replied before regaining his seriousness and looking at the elder. "Baekhyun, do you know what Kyungsoo's last class of the day is? I want to have a talk with him, but I know nothing about his schedule."

Baekhyun looked skeptical, glaring at Jongin before stopping as Sehun nudges his side. "Last time I talked to him it was...Sociology I think.," he sighed reluctantly. "You better fix this, Kim Jongin. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling a little frisky and now that I have free time, I want to spend it with my husband ing my brains out. Have a nice day, and good luck." He smiled as if nothing had happened, Sehun smirking beside them as a loud slap sounded through the air, Baekhyun's squeal following in suit as he clutches his as they walk away.

Jongin pailed, cringing at the thought before thinking of different plans for his situation with Kyungsoo as he walked to his dance room..