Three

Ours

"Baekhyun. I'm being serious," Jongin sighed for the millionth time that day. The other could never be serious, always seeking a hardy laugh or two, and though most would consider that a lovely trait to possess, Jongin felt that it was not helping his mood. He needed to get rid of the guilt.

"Well I don't see a problem with you guys running off together with Taeoh and a puppy or something," Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly as he twirled his straw around. "Seriously, though, your attitude right now. I can feel your negativity." Jongin glared before gazing at his feet with a forlorn expression. He really should've waited until Sehun was available to talk instead of settling for Baekhyun.

"I don't think that's gonna happen, stupid" Jongin mumbled, obviously annoyed. When he looked up, he wasn't prepared for the knowing smile that he knew the other used only to make him crack. "Ugh, my mind is so ed right now! I made him cry, Baekhyun! I feel so horrible!" he exclaimed as the other looked at him with surprise. Jongin never cussed, only muttering soft curses under his breath if he hurt himself.

"Okay, okay, calm down. Who did you make cry? Taeoh?" Baekhyun replied with interest. Jongin always got worked up the few times he was the cause of Taeoh's tears. It was a heartwarming, yet utterly annoying to the older. Baekhyun watched in amusement as Jongin stiffened, shaking his head with a blank face.

"I made...I made Kyungsoo cry," he practically whispered as he looked down in shame. 

"Wait, you made him cry?! I thought you liked him?" Baekhyun hissed, glaring at the other. Jongin cringes, regretting talking to one of Kyungsoo's friends about said man. Jongin gasped when Baekhyun's gaze snapped up towards him. "Oh my god, what did you say to him? Do Kyungsoo does not just cry because of a stranger. Jongin instantly thought back to the week before, feeling regret settling all over again.

 

Jongin stared flabergasted at the bold statement. So many thoughts raced through his head it was almost sickening. 

He was surprised that he had said that to his son, the confession obviously boosting the toddler's mood. 

He was protective of his child's feelings, knowing that he needs to say something so that he and Kyungsoo could talk about what to do.

One that overpowered the rest was anger. How could a student teacher say that to a child? The thought was absolutely preposterous. Anyone knows that such things set a child up for disapointment. Who was he to say something so absurd to his child? Was he saying that to other children too?

"Alright, Taeoh, let's get you to class," Jongin huffed, not glancing at the college boy. He opened the car door, quickly taking Taeoh in his arms and walking away. Just as he was about to open the center door, he glanced back to see Kyungsoo confusedly walking towards the main building. Jongin bid Taeoh a quick goodbye before trailing after the college boy. 

Jongin followed the other into the staff lounge, closing the door and locking it to make sure no one would interupt them. Kyungsoo, who hadn't noticed the older's presence, turned around curiously at the sound of the lock. Smiling softly at Jongin, he waved. "Hi, Mr. Kim. Thank you so much for the ride before. I really don't know-"

"Why would you something like that to my son, huh?" Jongin hissed, stepping forward slightly. "That was not appropriate, and frankly was sick of you to say." He was seething, despite the soft voice in the back of his head telling him to calm down. Kyungsoo visibly was taken aback, smile dropping from his lips as he stared at the other.

"Mr. Kim, I don't understand what you mean," Kyungsoo shakily replied, cautiously stepping back a few steps. He reminded Jongin of a deer in head lights, doe eyes surging with panick and confusion. Jongin would've melted at the innocent expression, but he wasn't in any way thinking like he normally would.

"Why would you tell a child who you barely know something as absurd as 'I love you'? Are you some kind of ert?"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened at the accusation, offense displayed across his soft features. "No! Of course not! I just...T-Taeoh and I... I just feel the need to protect him. He caught my eye the second I saw him," Jongin stepped forward, teeth gritted," I don't know. I just feel as if I could take care of him good. He's different from the other kids."

Jongin scoffed, changing his stance as his voice rised slightly. "Do you hear yourself?! You sound like your in love with him or something! I'm his parent, not you. You can't tell him like that. He doesn't see what's wrong with it because he's not old enough to understand. It's wrong to be telling him lies like that." Jongin harshly poked his shoulder, stronger than he meant to as Kyungsoo dropped his cup on the floor.

"Mr. Kim...I-I'm not lying! I know your his parent, but I want to be there for him too," Kyungsoo's eyes began welling up with tears, voice trembling. Jongin knew he was being to harsh with his words, but he needed to vent, and he wanted to express his anger. The soft voice was getting louder, chanting to 'be nicer', 'talk it out', 'apologize for being so rude'. He pushed it back in order to stand his ground.

"You need to stop, or else I will have to bring it up to whoever it is that employed you there." He spit out, fists clenched. "We wouldn't want a possible child mole-" he didn't get to finish as a harsh slap landed on his right cheek. He was so stunned, he almost forgot to breathe. He wasn't gonna lie, that slap hurt, feeling like fire cascading across his skin. He looked into Kyungsoo's eyes, anger gone as he saw the tears falling. Kyungsoo's eyes were already close to being bloodshot, tears finally coming out. Jongin didn't know why he said something so rude, regretting it now that his mind was contemplating the events.

"How dare you imply something like that? You don't know me, or what I had to do to get where I am now." Kyungsoo choked as he held in his sobs. Jongin gaped at him, mind unresponsive as he watched the other slowly begin to crumble before him.

"Kyung-"

"Do you think I wanted to love your son like he was my own. I feel like everything you just called me already, and I don't need a reminder. You have no right to insinuate things as erse and serious like that of me. I don't need more people to make me feel worthless. So don't bother contacting Jongdae hyung, you don't need to. Goodbye, bastard," Kyungsoo finished and stormed from the room. Jongin stood there shocked, not moving from his spot. 

Jongin had never felt like a bigger jerk then in that moment, and it worsened throughout the day. He couldn't help but think about the broken look in Kyungsoo's eyes as he spoke, the shaking form that was so small and fragile. 

Taeoh had come to him pouting when he picked him up that afternoon, on the verge of tears. "Taeoh-ah, what's wrong, love?" he asked, voice laced with concern.

Taeoh hugged his dad around the neck dejectedly, sighing. "Soo hyung didn't come for music"

 

 

Baekhyun gaped at him as he retold the story. Never before had he been more dissapointed in his friend. He slapped the back of Jongin's head with a scowl. "Now why the hell would you say things like that to someone?" he scolded, attracting attention from the harsh smack sound. Jongin hissed at the pain before staring at his clasped hands.

"I-I don't know, Baekhyun. I was just really mad, I guess" he muttered.

"You guess?" Baekhyun scoffed. "If only you knew, you ."

"If I only I knew what?" he questioned suspiciously, resting his chin on his palm lazily as he blankly sipped his hot chocolate. Baekhyun looked around the cafe before leaning in with a sigh. 

"His passion is taking care of children because he never had a parent figure. He's an orphan," Baekhyun looked Jongin in the eye, not at all feeling bad for adding on to his friends discomfort. "He worked his off in school and got a job so he could move out of the orphanage as soon as possible."

Jongin leaned back with a groan. Guilt was knawing at his insides, and he felt like he would cry. He should have tried to be more understanding to Kyungsoo's side rather than reacting so harshly.

"Hold on I want to see something," Baekhyun pulled out his phone, scrolling around, and finally tapping. There wasn't much of a dial tone before the line went through. "Hello?" Baekhyun tried.

"Yeah, hyung?" Jongin cringed at the voice. It was Kyungsoo, but his voice was much deeper, and really scratchy. 

"Hey, I haven't heard from you in a long time! Where have you been?" 

"The Dorm."

"Jesper said that you haven't been showing up to class. He was whining so bad because he missed his favorite teacher. Is everything alright?" Baekhyun looked at Jongin as they waited for a response. Jongin was at the edge of his seat. Taeoh had been so upset that his teacher wasn't showing up, he just sat around pouting at home. Jongdae had even told him that Taeoh was noticabley less active in participation too.

"I'm not in the program anymore. I quit."

Jongin's eyes widened.

 

 

 


Hey guys, I'm back.

I apalogize for the short/crappy update. I already know that when the story is done, I for sure am going back and editing/revising. But don't worry, I've got plans for this story. Many, many plans. 

Thank you so much!