One

Ours

Light cascades through the silk like curtains, brightening everything in it's path with it's warm glow. Huddled in the king sized sheets was Jongin peacefully sleeping, snoring softly as his chest lightly heaved up and down with each breath. Jongin groaned when the light hit him, keeping his eyes shut as he turned to face the other way. When he flipped over, he felt the familiar small figure curled against him, brunette locks peeking out of the edges of the duvet. Jongin smiled whole heartedly, albeit sleepily, as he brought the toddler into his arms. Still asleep, the child unconciously shuffled closer to the older's inviting heat. Jongin hummed happily, always so content when his child was around. 

Taeoh was brought into this world with unfortunate events, the happening of a one night stand with his best friend, Krystal. The two had been fresh out of high school, celebrating with their small group of friends. One too many bottles of soju, and a drunken drive lead to both spending a long, hazy lustful night. When morning came, they both agreed that nothing had happened, but meerily four weeks apart had lead to the bomb of a lifetime being dropped. At first Jongin was filled with shock and disbelief, but with time accepted the pregnancy. They even tried dating, but soon found out thier was nothing between them. Fights ensued, and when Taeoh was born, and all the paperwork involving the newborn was filled out, she left without a trace.

Despite the unfortunate turn of events, Jongin raised Taeoh with all his love and was able to provide for his child. He had been lucky enough to recieve a job at a local preforming arts school he'd been reccomended to, and easily made more than enough to support him and the child. Being so young, naturally, he had been labeled as a wreckless heart throb, gaining almost no friends or lovers once his old friends moved on with their lifes. No romantic life had been fine to him, he decided, as long as he had his pride and joy safe by his side. His parents gave them full support, despite the hesitance at their sons ability to properlly care for a child alone, and treated him and his son well like the loving people they had always been. Taeoh had a strong, unbreakable bond with his father, and Jongin loved that more than anything in his life.

Loosening his grip on the four year old, he pecked him on the forehead, giving him a light shake. "Taeoh-ah, wake up," he whispered with a grin, as his son wiggled in his grip and hesitently fluttered his eyes open. "Good morning, buddy" he groggily said, hugging Taeoh closer and ruffling his hair. Taeoh hummed, mummbling the same reply, yawning cutely. Jongin slowly propted them up against the headboard, still snuggling the other as they tried to wake up. "How did you sleep? Good?" he animately smiled, trying to feign energy as he peppered kisses all over the half asleep toddler's face.

"Good, daddy," he giggled in reply as he tried to crane his neck up to do the same, something they've been doing forever. Jongin smiled standing with Taeoh still in his arms as he walked them to the bathroom to brush their teeth, grinning lovingly as Taeoh glanced at him to copy everything his dad was doing. Once they finished, they both went into the kitchen for breakfast as Taeoh talked about his dream, using hand gestures cutely as he explained. Jongin, as always, attentively listened, adding in gasps and comments every once in a while. "What's for breakfast, daddy?"

"Hmm...what do you want, love?" Jongin tilted his head with a fake look of confusion as Taeoh excitedly fumbled around on the counter in thought.

"Ooh, can we have pancakes?!" Taeoh almost shouted. Jongin nodded, smiling.

"I can do that. Do you want anything with it?" Jongin replied as he searched through the kitchen for the ingredients and dishes. 

"Ooh! Bacon! Bacon!" 

"Alright, do you want to be the chef's assistant?" he questioned with a knowing glint in his eyes. Recieving an excited nod, the two set to work. Taeoh was wearing a cute Krong kid's apron with flour sticking to the fabric, brows knitted together with concentration. Jongin couldn't resist taking a picture and posting it with the caption 'my little chef<3', asking if the other wanted any help. When Taeoh confidently said he could handle mixing the batter, Jongin got out the bacon and began frying it as he let the other pan heat up. About an hour later, breakfast was ready, each recieving a small stack of not-so-perfect pancakes and bacon. "Wow, Taeoh! Look at all the food we made!" Jongin gasped, picking the toddler up and spinning him in circles as the other laughed in his arms. "You did such a good job,Taeoh-ah! I bet this will taste so amazing!"

"Yeah, let's eat before it gets cold, daddy!" he smiled as he quickly dug in, Jongin following after. Jongin and Taeoh both complimented each other or the delicious meal, happily conversing about what the younger was excited for about another day at preschool, which luckily was in the same school Jongin taught at. Jongin cleaned the table up before helping Taeoh choose his clothes for the day. Taeoh chose a blue Spongebob shirt and a simple pair of white cargo pants. Jongin put on his son's shoes for him, telling him to make sure everything he needed was in his grey and yellow backpack, before asking if the younger wanted to help him pick his clothes. Taeoh rummaged through everything in the closet, barely able to reach, before tugging on a yellow sweater and a pair of blue skinny jeans. Jongin thanked him before quickly changing and putting on his white sneakers. Luckily, the school he taught at was casual, despite it's presitgous title. 

Double checking that Taeoh and he had everything, Jongin ushered the other out of their apartment, locking the door before he and Taeoh left the building and got in his car. They lived about ten minutes from SM School of Performing Arts, so they arrived relitively fast. Jongin took Taeoh's hand in his own after he had taken him out of his car seat, stopping at the end of the car. "Taeoh, do you remember what we do when we go to cross the road?" he prompted as he smiled at the toddler.

"Umm," he jutted his lip out as he racked through his thoughts, tilting his head to the side. Jongin leaned forward a little, looking back and forth between his shoes, hinting to his child. Taeoh squinted his eyes in confusion before his lips formed an 'o' as he squeezed Jongin's hand. "Look both ways!"

"That's right, Taoh-ah!" he smiled, thumbing the smaller's hand in appreciation. "Okay, let's do it," they both looked at both ends of the newly paved parking lot before crossing the street, Taeoh shuffling in order to keep up with his dad's bigger steps. Jongin guided them down the familiar path that lead to the preschool building as Taeoh talked about a new music teacher who was volunteering in their class every other day. Jongin saw the happy glint in his son's eyes as he complimented the teacher's voice, and the adorable giggle that came out when he said the teacher's eyes reminded him of his pororo plushie at home. Jongin thought that Taeoh had developed a crush on the music teacher, cringing at the thought. 

Once they got to the familiar class, Jongin walked Taeoh to the cubby area and helped him neately put his blue coat and backpack away just as Sehun came up with his son Jesper and husband Baekhyun. Jongin nodded his head as a greeting, hugging Taeoh before the two kids ran off in the direction of their assigned tables. "Good morning, guys" he smiled and waved to the fellow parents. Sehun had been the only of his friends that he stayed in contact with, and naturally he met Baekhyun a year after Taeoh's birth.

"Mornin', Jong," Sehun replied nonchalantly, as Baekhyun smiled.

"Don't worry about him, he didn't get much sleep last night," Baekhyun explained with a fake scowl. 

"It's not my fault you love my-"

"Anyways,"Baekhyun loudly interrupted, whacking Sehun's shoulder, emmiting a pained groan from the younger spouse. "How was your morning, Jongin?" 

Jongin smiled as he recapped every event that went on at home, and about Taeoh liking the new music teacher. "Oh, you mean Do Kyungsoo?" Sehun questioned. "Baekkie, aren't you friends with him?"

"Uh, who's Do-"

"Oh yeah! I haven't talked to him in so long! He's so adorable, it's hard to believe he's a freshman in college already!" Baekhyun smiled as Sehun possesively wrapped his arm around his shoulder at the compliment. "He graduated early, too, so he's barely eighteen in January."

"Guys, what are-" Jongin tried, before Sehun cut him off.

"I didn't know he was volunteering here. Didn't he go here all the wayy until graduation?" Sehun asked, as Jongin glared at the interruption.

"Yep, quite the scholar he is," Baekhyun sighed in admiration.

"Okay, well I have to get to my dance class, so see you later. Have a nice day," Jongin waved as he passed the couple. He gave one last glance to Taeoh, smiling as Taeoh and Jesper played together as each student began arriving. He left the preschool building, glad he had another hour before his first class started, meaning he could go to the staff room and fill the bottle he had with fresh coffee. Jongin was lost in thought when he opened the door to the main biulding, not noticing the silouhette of the person on the other side. The other person let out a yelp as he fell backwards, folder opened and papers flying everywhere as he hit the floor with a pained 'oof'. Jongin instantly began stuttering his apologies to the smeemingly smaller male.

The boy stared at Jongin's face for a while before smiling and shooing his hand in response. "I'm alright, sir. I should've been paying attention to where I was going," he chuckled, picking his papers up. Jongin hadn't looked at the others face yet, but he had a feeling that the other was younger by his size, though was deep. Jongin didn't waste a second before helping pick up the sprawled papers frantically. As he went to reach for the last paper, his hand met with the boy's hand. Jongin in a hasty breath, revelling in the feeling that ensued. He felt a jolt run through his whole body, leaving a warm feeling in his chest. His heart beating frantically, he looked up and noticed the close proximity between him and the stranger. He was met with warm, dark brown doe eyes that sparkled in the morning light and fluttering eyelashes. The other's skin was a beautiful pail, a significant contrast to his tanned complexion. He trailed his eyes down, admiring the way his nose bridge proportioned with his eyes. His heart stuttered when his gaze became transfixed on the doe eyed male's lips. Thick, pink, heart shaped lips that Jongin imagined being unbelievably smoothe. He watched as the corners of the lips tugged up, breaking him from his increasingly cheesy thoughts, causing his body to feel warm. "Thank you," he said, already standing up and leaving before Jongin could register what had transpired.

"N-no problem," he whispered to himself, still hunched on the office floor. He released the breath he was holding and slowly placed a hand to his chest, feeling how fast his heart pounded against his chest as he breathed. Jongin didn't know why he was reacting this way, too many feelings racing through his body. He barely noticed the receptionast who had rushed her way over, high heels clicking against the tiled surface.

"Mr. Kim, are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost," Ms. Bang helped him up, face expressing her concern. She brought a hand to his forehead, pressing it there for a few seconds before pressing it to her own. "You don't seem sick...but why are you all red?"

"A-Ah, I'm fine! Don't worry! Thank you," Jongin replied hastily before speed walking towards the staff room. He opened the door roughly, before pacing to the coffee machine. His mind replayed what had happened, blush deepening as he remebered the beautiful orbs. He shook his head, clearing his mind as he made his coffee and walked to his dance room.

A few classes and coffee refills later, Jongin happily walked back to Taeoh's classroom. Each day this was his stress reliever, seeing his boy beam at him. When he had arrived at the classroom, he smiled as he watched Taeoh talk to his teacher, Jongdae. Taeoh gave a hug before turning around and noticing Jongin. Taeoh squeeled a "daddy!" before he charged his way over to Jongin and jumped on him, hugging him when Jongin picked him up. "I missed you!" Taeoh giggled as Jongin spun him around. 

"Not as much as I missed you, Taeoh-ah! I'm so happy to see you!" Jongin earnestly replied, happy to just go home with his son. "Did you have fun? Were you a good boy for teacher Jongdae?" he questioned with a teasing smirk, knowing all too well he is raising him well enough to be a good person.

"Yeah, I was! Teacher Jongdae said so, too!" Taeoh's voice was muffled because his face was in Jongin's shoulder, but he still sounded excited to see his dad. Jongin smiled, and helped Taeoh collect his things from his cubby. As they were getting ready to leave, Jondae called Jongin's name.

"I just wanted to say you've got a very talented son here! Taeoh started dancing at recess, and I'm jealous to admit that he dances better than me," Jondae laughed, along with Jongin who pinched Taeoh's cheeks.

"Is that true, Taeoh? You were dancing at recess?" Jongin asked with a large smile, showing his perfect teeth. Taeoh nodded his head frantically, eyes gleaming.

"Yeah, I danced with Jesper all recess long!" Taeoh beamed. "I want to be just like daddy when I grow up!" Jongin couldn't hold back the grin he sported as his heart was filled with a sense of pride. 

"That's not all though. He can sing, too! During music, he was singing his little heart out, and I was amazed." Jongdae cooed, earning a giggle from Taeoh.

"I want to be like Soo Hyung when I'm older, too!"

Jongdae was called by another parent, so bidding their goodbyes, Jongin carried Taeoh to the car and buckled him in before driving. Jongin wanted to surprise Taeoh, so he turned down another street, as the toddler sang along to the radio. Jongin pulled up to Taeoh's favorite ice cream place, something they frequent at least once a month. Taeoh, who had barely noticed the car had stopped, looked up to his dad in confusion. "Are we home?"

"Why don't you look out your window, Taeoh-ah?" Jongin prompted, smiling as Taeoh could barely reach his head to see. When Taeoh saw the familiar blue light of the sign, he gasped beore fidgeting in his seen as he tried to get out of his car seat. Jongin chuckled as he got out of the car, but instantly felt guilty when he saw Taeoh's fear stricken face when he got out of the car, as if it was the first time Jongin left him in the car alone for the first time. Taeoh was pouting by the time Jongin opened the door, but an excited smile replaced it as Jongin undid his seat belt and picked him up. Once they had entered the cool ice cream shop, Jongin ordered him and Taeoh strawberry cones, strawberry always their number one flavor. When they got their cones, Jongin sat down after putting Taeoh in a high chair. As Taeoh messily ate his ice cream, Jongin started thinking about what Taeoh had said about 'wanting to be like Soo hyung'. "Taeoh, what is your music teacher like?"

"Daddy, he is the bestest singer ever!" Taeoh exclaimed, attention leaving his ice cream for once. "He's even better than the singers on the music box in the car!"

"Really? That good?" Jongin asked with his head tilted in thought.

"Yeah! He's nice too, daddy! He said that I was the best singer in the whole class but told me not to tell anyone!" Taeoh beamed, before seeming to regret what he said, but shrugged like he didn't care. "Hyung said he saw someone who looked like me too. He said he fell on his , and saw him." Jongin's thoughts raced back to the beautiful boy he had saw earlier, before shaking his head at his ridiculous thoughts. That kid looked way too young to be a college kid. Besides, why did he care. Just then he thought about how Taeoh calls his teacher 'hyung'.

"Taeoh, does he let you call him hyung?" Jongin thought, hoping the music teacher didn't find his son disrespectful.

"Yeah, he didn't even care when I called him daddy!"

Jongin almost dropped his ice cream, mouth agape and eyes widened.

"Now why would you do that?" Jongin questioned in disbelief, still in shock as Taeoh continued eating his ice cream as if nothing happened.

"Because hyung is so nice, and he takes care of me better than anyone else," Taeoh began. "He always makes sure to help me first out of all of the kids, and he plays with me like you do! He even gives me hugs!"

Jongin's eye twitched, feeling uncomfortable at the revelation. Not only did he not like his son calling someone other than him daddy, or that the teacher supposedly gives him hugs and treats him better than everyone else, but he also didn't like that he felt the need to apologize for something he didn't do. Jongin sighed, but left the subject alone. They finished the rest of their ice cream, both groaning in delight, before they got up and headed home. Taeoh struggled to stay awake in his seat, head tilting forward only to shoot back up, eyes droopy. Jongin parked the car and carried Taeoh up to their apartment, the toddler long asleep by then. He carefully placed their bags and shoes by the door without waking Taeoh, before bringing him into his room, despite the younger having his own room, and laying down with Taeoh in his arms. Jongin always felt selfish with his son, never wanting the younger to look at anyone the way he was looked at, always wanting to be his ultimate roll model. Jongin always felt a sense of pride, and joy when Taeoh spoke of him so highly, but he felt uneasy knowing that he called someone else daddy, even if by accident.

As Jongin's eyes slowly drooped shut, he thought of the boy he had knocked over. He wanted to run his fingers through the black locks, and cuddle with the small figure. He didn't even question the fact that he only saw the boy for a few minutes or how young he looked, he just knew that something had happened to his heart when he looked into those doe eyed.

That night he fell asleep with a smile as he held Taeoh close.

 

 


First chapter is up! I was gonna wait a little longer to update but I saw the number of subscribers this morning, and was amazed when I had recieved that much attention within a few hours. Thank you all for subscribing, and I will try not to let you guys down! Please look forward to the story~

3.2k words.