The Secret is Out

To Forever

Chapter 1: The Secret is Out               

 

                I think I’m getting dizzy.

                Sigh.

                My girlfriend has been walking back and forth in front of me, phone by her right ear as she nervously tries to contact the company’s owner, Mr. Lee Sooman. Mr. Lee has been such a wonderful father figure to all of us artists that we only look for him when we have some complaints on our contracts, complaints on our schedules, personal doubt or even a confession of our ual preference. Heck, I can talk to him about my how my girlfriend's nose crunches when the sheet of our bed tickles and he would just give a response like any of my best friend would. Your in deep or Ewww are usually the response.

                “Uncle Lee, pick up…” my girlfriend mutters to her phone.  “We need yo–“

                “Babe, he’s in the US right now. He’s probably in a meeting. He’s phone is probably shut off.”

                She stops her trail and turns to look at me.

                “You’re right.” Defeated, she puts down her phone and walks towards me. She sighs.

                We went directly to our dorm room after the incident by the Han River. We had always been meticulous with our relationship in the presence of the public but I don’t know what I was thinking, putting my guard down like that and convincing my girlfriend to do the same. We basically just let the predator prey on us as if we’re easy targets.  

                I grab both of her hands and pull her to sit beside me on our bed. She looks so anxious. I pull her closer to me into an embrace and kiss her forehead, inhaling the scent of her shampoo. I stare back at her for a few second.  She starts to speak.

                “Fany-ah, we don’t really know if that was a Dispatch employee or just an over-crazed fan or an anti-fan, but I want to just suggest something.” She looks at me as if asking for my permission to continue. I nod. “Just to be safe from public scrutiny, I’m thinking we should fly to your hometown.”

               “Are you sure?”

               “Babe, I know it seems cowardice but–“

               “No, I understand Tae. I do. But for how long? I don’t want to keep you away from your family.”

               Sigh.

               “Fany-ah,” she pauses, taking a deep breath. “If the news get out­– and it will, it will be like a bomb. It will shock all the people who have been looking up to us, people who have hated us, who have loved us for the front we’ve put on. This news will be on the headline of every source of media because our relationship is not an accepted one. People will have another reason to hate on us and they’ll be happy to have something to do in their sorry- life…

              And I don’t want you to be surrounded by all that.”

 

             I hug her again, this time, tighter. We stay in an embrace for a few seconds. Her words will always touch my heart.

            “Tae, you know I can easily let those words go out the other ear. I will always smile at the end of the day.” I reassure her.

            “But I don’t want you to live like that, like you have to look like nothing went to heart. I don’t want to look at your seemingly smiling beautiful face and not know whether it’s sincere or just a façade.”

            “I don’t want you to hide your true emotions like that too.”

            “And I honestly can’t bear if ever my fans turn against me… ” I put my chin on top of her head.

            “Okay. For the sake of our worries for each other, let’s elope.” I nudge her body as if to . She finally let out her grandmother laugh. I can feel the vibration of her laugh on my chest and I laugh along. 

            We heard a knock and the door peeked open. Sunny’s head pops out in between the opening.

            “I thought you would still be on your way home from your date by now. Why so early?” Sunny asks the both of us. She opens the door wider and comes in, sitting on the single chair in from of us. I let go of Taeyeon and both of us sit straight and face Sunny.

            “What’s wrong?” She asks, her face full of concern.

            “Tiffany and I we’ll be leaving for California.”

            “WHAT?!? You guys still have some schedules to attend to! Did something happen during your date?” Her expression is now mixed with a playful tug on her lips. “ Did Taeyeon act on impulse and ask you to marry her? Is one of you pregnant? When are you going?” Taeyeon held in a smile. Sunny you er ^ ^

            “Okay, okay, Sunny. Chill. We’ll explain.” I calmed her down. Taeyeon deeply inhaled and let out a deep sigh.

            “We’ve been found out.”

~~~

So yeah, the first chapter XD

I feel like I need to improve more on my cliffhanger though ...

Anyways! Thanks to new friends who motivated me and gave feedback.

Comments are muh appreciated