3rd confession

Trust and happiness

“Where is he?” He shouted, as he ran into the building.

“Uh, sir, please calm down.”

“Where’s Myungsoo?”” He breathed out, gasping for air.

“Sir…” The nurse tried again.

“Sungyeol?” His head snapped to the person who called his name, and ran to him.

“Sungjong! Where is he? Is he okay? I need to see him. I ed up, Sungjong. I need to see him.”

“He’s sleeping.” Sungjong replied quietly, “Please don’t see him anymore.”

Sungyeol felt his whole world crumble as he heard those words, “No. I need to see him. Please.” He begged.

“Please stay away from us.” Sungjong said calmly, “You’ve caused him too much trouble.”

“Sungjong, please-”

With that, Sungjong walked away with his head down, avoiding the other.

“You really did mess up, Sungyeol.” A new voice piped up.

He looked up to see his friend, before staring back at the ground, “Hoya.”

“I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For not telling you about what Myungsoo had.”

Sungyeol shook his head, “I should’ve known. I was too selfish and only looked at my problems…”

“He really did love you.” Hoya began, “When he lived with me, he would always talk about you. He would always talk about how amazing you were, and how you were just misunderstood. He knew you better than I did.” There was a short pause before Hoya began once again, “But I guess I should thank you.”

“What?”

“I was so focused on Myungsoo that I forgot about the one person who mattered to me the most. When you kissed Dongwoo, I was so jealous. I wanted to kill you, but it also made me realise how I loved him so much. The past few months where I disregarded him and argued with him, I didn’t know that I was throwing all my frustrations at him, and he was taking it all in. I didn’t know that I had caused so much pain for him. And then you came and did that, and I admit I felt so jealous, but more than that, I felt so scared, that I was going to lose him. Thank you for making me realise how much I love him.”

“I only did it because he was so miserable. It was not his idea.”

“I know. I’m not mad at any of you, but I’m thankful that you made me realise my love for him.” He smiled.

There was a comfortable silence between the two, before a small sniff was heard from Sungyeol, “It’s ridiculous how much I fell for him. But now it’s too late.”

“What do you mean?”

“He made me happy, Hoya. He reminded me of when I used to be carefree, and I craved to be like that again. But even though I didn’t realise my feelings for him, I knew that I could never be good enough for someone like him. I could never make him happy.”

“But you yourself made him so happy. When you spoke to him, he shone so bright.”

“But at the same time, I made him go through all those episodes. I can’t see him anymore. It’s all too late.”

~

“Myungsoo?”

“Jong.” The drowsy male mumbled.

“Are you okay?”

He gave a small nod, “Where’s Sungyeol?” He croaked.

“He’s not here.” Sungjong lied. “What happened, did he hurt you?”

“Sungjong…” He trailed off, “I love him.” He hesitated, before chewing on his lower lip.

“What happened?”

“H-He kissed me.”

“What?” Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock, was the other playing with his brother’s feelings?

“I was experiencing one of them, and then he kissed me, and then it all went away. I don’t know what happened. It just… disappeared.”

Sungjong’s eyes furrowed in confusion. “I’ll be right back.” He muttered.

He walked out, closing the door behind him gently. As he turned around, he saw Sungyeol and Hoya in a serious conversation. It immediately stopped when they had seen him, and Sungyeol was the first to stand up. “How is he?” He asked.

“Did you kiss him?”

He was taken aback by the sudden question, “What?”

“Please be honest.”

“I did.” He replied. Sungjong let out a long exhale and Hoya stared in shock.

“He’s not letting you go any time soon, Sungyeol.”

“I don’t plan for him to.” He shot back.

“Sungyeol.” Sungjong hissed.

“I like him.” He replied, “I’m not letting him go. No matter what you say. I know you’re trying to protect him, but I can do that too, as long as I can be with him, I’ll make sure he’d be safe.” He said determinedly.

Hoya let out a small smile, proud that the old Sungyeol was slowly coming back.

Sungjong went silent. “Then what do you plan on doing?”

~

“Okay, you’re good to go.”

“Already?” Myungsoo asked in surprised.

“Yes. Just be more careful alright? If you feel something, make sure you tell someone, promise?”

Myungsoo nodded enthusiastically and smiled, “I promise, Dr Gyu.”

He sat up and got off his bed, happily. “I get to go home soon.” He smiled.

“Here are all your belongings.” The doctor smiled, handing him a small bag.

“Thank you!”

He pulled out his phone and checked for any new messages. 1 new message.

I’m sorry I can’t pick you up today.

He pouted and sighed, “That’s alright.” He mumbled.

~

Walking back home, he smiled at the cool breeze that hit his face gently, excited to get home, he decided to jog for the remaining kilometre home.

He opened the door and the welcoming scent of home greeted him. He smiled, but it soon faded away as he remembered the events that had occurred a couple of days ago.

He walked to his bedroom, and to his astonishment all the glass had been cleaned, as well as his bed covers changed and neatly made. The room seemed practically untouched with no evidence of anything that had occurred between him and Sungyeol.

There was a small white note on his black bed sheets, and he cautiously approached it and read its context.

I hope I cleaned it well, I’m sorry if I didn’t. I would like to see you. Please go to the park tonight at 10PM. I’d like to show you something.

Dress nicely.

Myungsoo frowned in discontent. His heart was beating rapidly, but he had no idea why. The handwriting seemed unfamiliar, but he knew it was a male’s.

With a small pout due to the anonymity, he dragged himself to his wardrobe.

“Well at least I can dress up.” He smiled to himself, pulling out any attire he thought were semi-formal.

It was 7PM so he had plenty of time. He decided to waste his time by simply sprawling across his bedsheets and relax. It had been a tough month with everything going on, but now that Sungjong was better, and he too was discharged from hospital, he thought that life was beginning to piece back together. But, why didn’t he feel happy?

Myungsoo knew the answer. It was because one person wasn’t in his life.

Lee Sungyeol.

And he felt that he would never be in his life.

With that thought in mind, he slowly drifted off into sleep, as he imagined about all the ‘what ifs’ that could happen between them.

~

He woke up with a startle. Checking the time, his eyes bulged out, realising that he only had 10 minutes until it was 10. Mentally thanking his early preparations, he threw on his clothes and smoothed down his nest hair, before leaving the house.

His mind wandered to where his brother would be. He had never gone home this late before, and it had concerned Myungsoo. Was he in trouble? Whipping out his phone he sent a quick text, checking that he was alright, and receiving a reply almost instantly.

Yeah, I’m just busy. Sorry, you’ll see me later tonight.

He chewed on his lower lip. Should he tell the other that he was going out too?

He shook his head. He knew how over protective Sungjong was over him, and he was immensely curious over who this anonymous sender could be, so he didn’t want to risk his brother ordering him to go back home.

Besides, Myungsoo was 20 years old after all, and he was a year older than Sungjong. Although the age difference wasn’t much, he was older nonetheless, which meant that he could take care of himself too.

He had arrived at the park 2 minute past 10, but he couldn’t see anyone. He walked around to see anyone. Just anyone, because who in their right mind would go to the park at 10PM?

He jumped as his surroundings became bright with lights that were decorated on the plants and shrubs.

He became utterly confused. Was he interrupting someone’s confession? He decided to slowly walk away when he heard a loud, “Wait!”

He turned back as he saw a projector stuck on the playground light up. HE continued to look around to see the source of the voice, but the lights were only dimly illuminated through the dark atmosphere, so it was still difficult to see.

His favourite song began to play and an unknown smile began to creep onto his face.

Photos of him when he was younger began showing up. Photos that were hidden and kept away, because he had never any intentions to look back at those times. Myungsoo felt uncomfortable. How did this person get his photos? But nonetheless, he continued to watch, as the photos showed.

He blinked as new photos of someone’s childhood began to show. He had never seen those pictures in his life, so he had presumed that the anonymous was probably a stalker. This made him more uncomfortable.

Something had caught his attention though. The male’s eyes. They had looked so familiar, but he couldn’t lay his finger on who it was who shared this same trait.

His eyes widened in realisation as a video of the unknown male appeared. A video that showed teenager Sungyeol. He was laughing, smiling, yelling and shouting in glee. He was surrounded by dogs and cats and his expression and his eyes showed pure happiness. Myungsoo had never seen him this happy. It made his heart beat faster.

“Daeyeol, come look! They’re so cute!” He laughed, as he played with the dogs that jumped in excitement.

“Piss off, Hyung.” Came the instant monotonous reply. A flash of sadness and reject was seen through his eyes, but he had hidden it well as it went away as quickly as it appeared. He continued laughing and playfully scolding his brother.

Tears threatened to come out, but Myungsoo didn’t care if they actually did. He was smiling widely as he saw so many photos of Sungyeol being completely dorky and happy, yet, he felt empty and sad, that he no longer smiled like this.

Sungyeol’s smile was beautiful. He couldn’t believe how selfish he was, keeping it hidden for so long.

The presentation soon transitioned to the present Sungyeol. All the photos that were taken of him were blank faces. He never cracked a smile, however, Myungsoo noticed how his emotions changed through his eyes. It began sad and broken, however, soon enough, his eyes showed simply coldness and hostility.

The presentation had ended. It turned black, before white words were shown on the screen.

Do you remember when we first met?

Ever since then, I’ve caused you a lot of pain.

I felt guilty, but through these years, I was unable to show it…

And to apologise to you.

But after meeting you…

Everything I had kept hidden, came out.

I felt the things I had longed to feel, for years.

I felt love.

I wish I can be how I used to be.

Carefree and happy.

But in order to feel that, I need to be with you.

I’m sorry for causing you so much pain.

I’m sorry for acting so cold around you.

But to be honest, I felt happy and myself when I was around you.

I just felt that I was never good enough for you.

But now I want to be a bit selfish.

And ask you to give me one more chance.

And become my boyfriend?

Myungsoo smiled widely as tears ran down his cheeks. He turned around and saw Sungyeol knelt on the ground.

“What are you doing?” He asked, pulling him up.

“I’m asking for your forgiveness.”

“Sungyeol, stand up. I was never mad at you.”

“I’m sorry for making you go through everything.”

“It’s really okay.” Myungsoo tried. His heart was beating rapidly. Were his wishes finally going to come true? “What is all this about though?” He asked.

“I like you. I was so stupid to realise it sooner, and instead, I just hurt you. But now, I don’t want to let you go. Because I like you, no I love you. I’m sure of it. I feel so happy around you, and when I almost lost you and when I realised what you were going through, I realised that I couldn’t live without you, and that I would do anything to make you happy.” He confessed.

“Don’t you think it’s a bit too late now?” Myungsoo asked, hesitantly. He was still unsure if the other’s feelings were genuine, or if he was simply playing with him.

Sungyeol looked down, and fiddled with his fingers, “It’s never too late. But if it is, I’ll continue to wait, I’ll keep waiting until you realise that my feelings for you are true.”

“But…”

“Please, give me one chance. I won’t mess up.” He begged.

Myungsoo looked down, “Okay.” He replied in a small voice.

Sungyeol smiled widely, letting out a teary laugh, “Thank you, thank you, thank you.” He whispered, standing up and then hugging him. “Thank you so much.”

Myungsoo smiled and leaned in, pressing his lips against Sungyeol’s gently.

“I love you.” Sungyeol whispered.

“I love you too.”

 

Myungsoo was hopelessly in love with Sungyeol.

And Sungyeol felt the same way.

Myungsoo suffered from a range of mental illnesses, from autism to schizophrenia.

Sungyeol suffered from only one. One that was so incurable, but he didn’t care. He loved it. Because it was an illness where Myungsoo would occupy his head 24/7. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!!


HAPPY NEW YEARS!! Hope you all are doing fine! I've finally finished this story! I hope you enjoyed this story, and I'm really thankful for all the upvoters, commenters and subscribers as well as the silent readers that have stuck by till the end :)

Please do tell me how I can improve with my writing, because I'd love to learn and get better ^-^ Thank you so much for reading!

Till next time! I wish you all safety and luck and great health for 2016 and years to come ^-^