Realisation

Trust and happiness

Merry Christmas!! Woop!


Everything hurt but it felt numb at the same time.

Sungyeol cracked open one eye, the bright light invading his vision. He slowly opened the other eye, blinking slowly as his vision slowly readjusted to the light. He wasn’t at home. Nor was he at school, or at the hospital. He was in a bedroom. An unfamilar bedroom, with black walls.

“O-Oh, are you awake?” Sungyeol didn’t need to look around to find the voice. He knew all too well who the sweet voice belonged to.

“Myungsoo?”

“Hi.”

“Where am I?”

“In my room.”

“What? How did I get here?”

“We brought you here. Me, Dongwoo and Hoya.”

“Hoya?” The memories flooded through, as he remembered everything that had happened before he out. “What happened after I…”

“They reconciled.” He said simply.

~

Before Hoya could throw another punch at the semi conscious male, he was pulled away from him by familiar arms.

“Let me go!” He yelled, as he struggled to get back to the injured man.

“Stop it, Lee Howon!”

Hoya stopped. His eyes widened and flooded with tears. He faced his boyfriend, who’s tears had already fallen and stained his flawless face. “D-Dongwoo.” They were the only words he could say. The latter had never used his real name, because he knew how much he had preferred the name ‘Hoya’.

“I don’t even know what happened to you. Why do you act like this, when for the whole few weeks, you’ve been avoiding me?”

“I wasn’t-”

“Don’t say you weren’t.” He snapped, “Why would you think Sungyeol would do that? Why would you be so selfish? You say that he’s your best friend. That you can read him so easily, but why is it that you’re so dense? That you can’t even tell his true intentions?”

“He kissed you, Dongwoo.”

“So? What if I wanted it? Why are you hurting your best friend, and not me?”

“You don’t want it, I can see it.”

“And he wanted it?”

Hoya fell silent. He knew he was wrong, but he was too stubborn to accept it.

“You’re no better than the rest of the school who treat him like trash. You say that he’s emotionless. You say that you try you best to give him everything. But do you? What if you just understand how he is?”

“Dongwoo.” His name was the only word that Hoya could muster up.

“I understand why Myungsoo fell for him.” He began, “It wasn’t because of his looks, or his mysteriousness or anything. He’s the most nicest person you could ever meet. He only expresses them in a different way. He shuts people out, to avoid any trouble or conflict. While I was there complaning and whining about you, he sat there listening to everything. His eyes show so much more emotions than anyone could show. You just don’t understand that. What he was doing before, he was protecting me. Has he ever gotten you mad before? Tell me. Has he?”

Hoya looked down, yes the other had annoyed him, even frustrated him with his lack of emotions, but never had he been mad at something that the other had done. He shook his head guiltily, “No.”

“Exactly. He only did that, because I was giving up on you, and he didn’t want that. He was making you jealous so that I would know that you still love me. But, I don’t know anymore.” He muttered. He turned around and walked over to the unconscious, bloody male. Myungsoo was squatting beside him, gently cleaning up his wounds, as tears fell from his eyes.

“Come on, let’s take him somewhere.” Dongwoo said to him.

Myungsoo nodded, “We can take him to my home.”

~

“You’re still injured.” Myungsoo said, trying to lay the other down.

“I’m fine, I need to meet them.”

“Dongwoo forgave him, and Hoya said that he’d apologise, after they come back from meeting Sungjong. He woke up yesterday, did you know?” He asked brightly..

“No.”

Myungsoo smiled, “He did! He’ll come back tomorrow or the day after, and then I can move back here.”

“You don’t live here?”

“Ah, no, I was staying with Hoya.” He muttered.

“Oh.”

Myungsoo continued to rebandage the wounds, his face too close to Sungyeol’s. The injure male stared intently at his features. He hadn’t realised how defined his facial structure was, but then again, Myungsoo’s face was never this close to his.

“All done.” He said, “Do you want some water?”

“No.”

“Food?”

“No.”

“Do you need to go to the bathroom?”

“No.”

“Uhm, do you want to call home?”

“No.”

Myungsoo blew his bangs out of his face in frustration. He muttered something quietly before leaving the room. It had been almost a year since Myungsoo’s first encounter with Sungyeol. Although the other had changed a lot throughout the year, talking a bit more than usual, Myungsoo wanted him to be more happy. He had promised himself that he would give up on the crush he had had on Sungyeol for almost 2 years, however what seemed to be a little crush grew to become something much more, without his permission.

Even after he had kissed Dongwoo, Myungsoo felt jealous. He felt upset and almost betrayed, but he didn’t dare to bring it up to the other. He knew what he was going to say.

‘What’s it to you?’

‘You’re nothing to me, so why are you so attached to me?’

He shook hi head to get rid of the thoughts. Myungsoo didn’t want to be weak. So he was going forget about the kiss. He was going to ignore the flaring jealousy that was in his heart and pretend that it hadn’t affected him.

Myungsoo had every reason to hate Sungyeol.

Sungyeol was the one who caused his episodes to happen more frequently and worse.

He was the one who caused Myungsoo to lash out on Sungjong by accident.

He was the one who had embarrassed him in front of so many people after they witnessed his confession.

He was the one who brought trouble into his life.

Yet, he couldn’t seem to hate him, instead he kept feeling the opposite. Why was it, that he fell in love with someone who disrupted his way of living?

He let out a long sigh, and filled a cup with water to bring up to his crush. Slowly, he made his way towards the room and walked in without knocking. His grip tightened, as he tried to control his temper, as he saw the other taking off the bandages.

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t need your help.” Sungyeol replied coldly.

“Sit back down!”

“You don’t tell me what to do, okay?”

“Sungyeol! Stop it! What are you doing?” Myungsoo yelled, slightly more frantic now.

“I don’t need your help, alright? I don’t know why you took me to your place and not the hospital,” He replied calmly. But he knew exactly why. Myungsoo knew that he hated the hospital. He had told him once in a conversation, but for some reason, he was feeling stubborn and like an , not that there were times where he didn’t feel like one.

“You told me last time…” He trailed off.

Sungyeol feigned shock, “Don’t tell me you still like me?”

“What?”

“Were you jealous when you saw me kiss Dongwoo?”

“Sungyeol.”

“I enjoyed it a lot, you know. When those lips-”

“Stop it.” Myungsoo gritted.

Sungyeol smirked, “What’s wrong, Myungsoo? Did I say something wrong?”

Myungsoo kept silent. Sungyeol saw the grip on the cup loosen, before Myungsoo’s eyes widened. There was a large smash, as the glass made contact with the tiled floors. Glass splattered everywhere, and time seemed to be ticking so slowly.

“I’m trying!” He yelled.

Sungyeol jumped slightly at the sudden change in tone, “What?”

“I said I’m trying! Can’t you tell?” He shouted once again, tears were obviously threatening to spill out.

Sungyeol continued to look at him blankly.

“S-Stop looking at me like that!” He yelled frustrated.

“Like what?”

“Like that! So blankly. I hate it!” He screamed, stomping to the floor that was covered with glass.

“What do you want, Myungsoo.” He asked monotonously, however deep down, he was beginning to freaking out. He tried to steer the other out of the room, away from the glass.

“I said, I’m trying! I already told you that I wanted to give up on you. I told you I didn’t want to be your friend. I knew I would become a problem of yours, but you kept insisting! I’m trying to make you happy! Isn’t that what you want? Why aren’t you letting yourself be happy?!”

“But I am happy.”

“STOP IT!” Myungsoo yelled in a frenzy, his voice cracking. “JUST STOP IT!” He cried, covering his ears.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!”

“Everything! From the moment you came into my life, until now. EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH ME!”

“Myungsoo, just shut up!” Sungyeol shouted, his temper beginning to rise quicker.

The other whimpered quietly, but shook his head, “Stop giving me false hope! I hate it! I HATE YOU!” He yelled. The man was sobbing, his legs no longer held his up and he collapsed on the floor. His eyes were tightly shut and he curled into a foetal position, “GET IT AWAY FROM ME! STAY AWAY FROM ME! I’M SORRY!” He yelled, sobbing.

Sungyeol was confused. His heart was hammering. What was going on? “Myungsoo! Calm down!”

“THEY’RE HERE! SUNGJONG HELP ME!” He cried helplessly.

Scared and confused, Sungyeol quickly whipped out his phone and contacted Hoya..

“Hello?”

“Myungsoo! He’s gone crazy!”

“What? Where are you now?”

“I’m at his house!“

“I’ll call the ambulance right now.” Hoya replied rashly.

“NO!” Myungsoo yelled, “THEY’RE HERE TO TAKE ME! SUNGJONG! HELP ME!” He cried. “NO, RUN, SUNGYEOL, RUN! I’M SO SORRY.”

Sungyeol was frightened. He didn’t know what to do. Myungsoo was flailing, and struggling, as though someone was holding him down.

“M-Myungsoo!” Sungyeol yelled, “Calm down, just calm down.” He continued with a much steadier tone.

“RUN, BEFORE THEY GET YOU TOO!”

“Myungsoo! Shh, everything’s going to be alright, okay? I’m so sorry. I did this, didn’t I? I’m sorry.” Sungyeol said shakily. He had forgotten how it felt to be scared and sad, but now that emotion overwhelmed him. He began to shake uncontrollably, as tears fell endlessly down his face. Tears that hee had kept hidden for years, finally flooded down his face, “I’m so sorry, Myungsoo. I did this to you, didn’t I?”

Myungsoo’s screams died, down, however there were continuous croaky mumbles. Sungyeol had run out of things to say. The two men were in a complete mess. Without thinking straight, Sungyeol leaned forward, and gently placed his lips against the trembling male’s dry ones. Myungsoo let out a small whimper, however the trembles soon died down. He broke the kiss with a choked sob and clasped his hands over his mouth.

“I’m sorry.” Sungyeol said, staring at the ground. All that was heard were the small whimpering from Myungsoo, as they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

 

Sungyeol sat in the Myungsoo’s room, as he watched the younger get carried away onto an ambulance. He watched blankly, as his mind flashed back to their kiss.

Hel was a man with no emotions. That was what everyone had said. But they were all wrong.

Sungyeol was a man with overflowing emotions. He was a man who couldn’t control his emotions, so he decided to hide them all.

He didn’t know what had happened.

He didn’t know when it had happened.

But through Myungsoo’s advances and truthful confessions…

Somehow, he had managed to break through the walls that he had built for years.

Somehow, he was able to make him feel emotions he hadn’t felt for years.

Somehow, just somehow, he made Sungyeol realise how much he had loved Myungsoo. 

 


MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!! WOOO hope you guys are receiving many gifts and havinf a huge as feast!! ^-^ New update! Heheheh this one, I feel is rather rushed, but it's pretty intense. At least I think so kekekeke

Hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter, nonetheless! Please do subscribe and/or upvote and also please comment!! I really love reading them ^-^ Thank you for those who commented, subscribed and upvoted in the previous chapters! As well as the silent readers ^-^ As long as you guys enjoy it, then I'm happy c:

Till next time!! Stay safe and well :)