When nothing is right

Trust and happiness

“It’s not much, but it’s home.” Hoya started.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and nervously replied, “I can stay at my own place, it’s fine, really.”

“It’s okay.” He smiled, “It gets a bit lonely here, so I like company. Come on, this is your home until Sungjong gets better. I’ll show you your room.”

Myungsoo chewed on his lower lip and silently followed the other male. Did the other know about Myungsoo’s illness? Maybe he wanted to hurt him because of what he had did to Sungjong. He let out a shaky breath followed by a small whimper, which was heard by his friend.

Hoya turned around, hearing the whimper. He smiled reasurringly to the other, wanting to tell him that he knew what the other was going through, however the strict warnings that the doctor had given him reminded him why he couldn’t.

Remembering that his phone was on silent, Hoya reached for it to check if any messages were left. 27 missed calls, 39 messages. All from Dongwoo. With one last smile, he left the vulnerable man in the vacant room, and walked to the kitchen, checking the messages as he was walking.

Omg is he ok?

What about Myungsoo?

You’re probably busy.

Tell me how they are.

We got an extension for our project.

But that’s the least of my worries right now.

He continued to read through the messages of worry sent by his boyfriend, slowing calming himself. Without second thought, he hit the call button, and within 2 rings, his call was answered.

Hoya?”

“I’m sorry.” He started.

“Are they okay?”

“Sungjong’s in a coma right now, and Myungsoo’s staying with me.”

“Why is he staying with you? Is he okay?”

“He’s a bit shaken up.” He replied, heart beating erratically. Through the 3 years that he had been together with Dongwoo, he had never lied. Not even once, and this half lie made him feel horrible.

“Oh, want me to come over?”

“No, that’s alright.” He said, almost too quickly.

“Oh…kay. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?” Dongwoo asked, quieter, and almost scared.

“Yeah, bye.”

“I love you.” Without hearing it, he hung up and stared at the room which occupied his friend. How was he going to keep this secret from everyone?

~

Soon enough, everything came back to normal. Well, kinda. A few weeks had passed after the huge incident, and Sungjong was still in a coma. Myungsoo began to act more normally and less shaken up. He continued to stay with Hoya, and also started to hang out with the couple more at school. Hoya had a lot on his mind. He had to juggle with school, Sungjong, Myungsoo and his boyfriend, and at this moment, he had unknowingly concluded that his boyfriend was the least of his worries.

The sick male dominated his thoughts on a regular basis nowadays. He watched out for him more and cancelled any plans just to look after Myungsoo even though he didn't need looking after. Next was school. He had a dream to become a dancer, however even so, his academic grades were always almost perfect. To his surprise, through this madness, his grades stayed relatively high. It had dropped slightly, but nothing to drastic that had concerned him.

His next priority was Sungjong. He needed him to wake up, to feel better. Despite not being close to him, Hoya felt emptiness whenever he saw the empty seat during class that used to be occupied by a happy, cheerful boy. He visited Sungjong as much as he could, however, because of Myungsoo, and his own feelings of fear and concern, his visits had reduced in the last week.

Lastly was Dongwoo. He hadn’t realised what he was doing to the man he had once given everything to. He hadn’t realise the sad, lonely eyes that replaced the once crazy, carefree ones. He hadn’t realise how he had neglected his soulmate. He hadn’t realised that through these few weeks of frenzy, never had he once said the words, ‘I love you.’ He hadn’t notice the pain he had caused for the other.

Dongwoo felt more insecure as ever. Through the 3 years that they had dated, he had never neglected of any love that the other had given him. Whenever he saw his boyfriend, instead of feeling giddyness and happiness, he felt nervousness and fright, wondering if the day would end with another fight. No, he would never call it a fight. What they had were debates. Debates with serious emotions. Debates that always led Dongwoo to cry himself to sleep. Maybe the love that hugged and made the two of them so warm and happy finally wore off, but Dongwoo refused to believe that.

Hoya would never know of the pain he had inflicted on his boyfriend. He himself was in so much stress. But there was one other person who was special to him.

Sungyeol.

He hadn’t spoken to the other since the incident.

All the efforts he had put in early to make him more socialised were brought to waste, as the other returned to his normal state, isolating himself in the library or the music room, and in all honesty, Hoya no longer cared about what the other should have. He no longer cared that Sungyeol was practically a living potato who did nothing. He no longer cared about making the other happy. He no longer cared, because he was so done with his attitude.

Whenever the other had saw Hoya, it would always be when he was with Myungsoo. Sungyeol had never seen his best friend with Dongwoo anymore. Although he had his many doubts, it really seemed like they had broken up, and for some odd reason Hoya decided to move on with Myungsoo.

He was confused. There was never a link or a bond, as some may say, between them, but all of a sudden, they had become glued to each other.

Nonetheless, although it had seemed that Myungsoo had gotten over his silly crush towards him, for some strange reason, in his heart, Sungyeol wasn’t too happy about this new couple.

As the images of his best friend and past admirer flooded his mind, he accidentally stumbled onto a stump. A moving stump. “Dongwoo?”

The mess looked up, and quickly stood up, brushing away the grass and dirt, “Oh, Sungyeol! How are you?” He asked, voice cracking.

“I should ask you the same thing.” He muttered, glancing at the crying male. He sighed, he would have been lying to himself if he said that the tears didn’t affect him at all. “Come on, let’s go get something to eat.” He muttered.

~

“I’m sorry.” Dongwoo said quietly, breaking the silence.

“For what?”

“For always being annoying to you, back then.”

“You weren’t annoying. To be honest, those times were the best I’ve had for ages.” He replied honestly, however his face had shown otherwise.

The table fell back silent. Sungyeol had no appetite to eat, and it seemed like the other was in the same predicament as they both silently stared awkwardly at their untouched food.

“I think Hoya and I are going to break up.”

Sungyeol looked up, “What?”

“I think he likes Myungsoo.” So I wasn't the only one who thought that. Sungyeol thought.

“He doesn’t” He tried.

“You wouldn’t know that.” He shot back, before muttering, “Sorry.”

“Maybe you should go talk to him.”

“He doesn’t even want to listen to me. We finish each conversation with a fight.”

“He’s probably stressed.”

“Yeah.”

Sungyeol began to pick on his food, mushing them together and forming something rather unappetising.

“If he breaks up with me, I won’t cry.” Dongwoo began again, “I keep saying that, but I know I’d be so broken. We’ve been together for 3 years. 3 whole years. And not once had I ever thought that we would ever break up. Not until now. We’ve never fought. We’ve never lied to each other. We would always tell each other how we loved each other. But now, now every conversation ends with a fight. He lies about being with Myungsoo, and he never replies when I tell him that I love him. I-” He paused and caught the blank look of the other, “I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to tell anyone, so I’m jus blabbering.” He said.

“That’s alright. You can talk to me. It makes me feel better about how there’s less drama in my life.” He meant it as a joke, but he didn’t smile, nor did his words sound light and teasing. He immediately regretted it, until he heard a small chuckle coming from the other.

“That was a joke right?”

“You knew?”

Dongwoo smiled, “I get how you express yourself.”

Sungyeol let out a small smile, “Thank you.”

After their session of  exchanging words of advice and compliments, the two decided to leave, and skip the rest of school, seeing that they were late and had no important subjects. Walking out, Dongwoo abruptly halted and turned, unconsciously holding Sungyeol’s hand.

“What?” The taller asked, looking curiously at his gestures.

“Hoya’s there… with Myungsoo.” He stuttered out. “Let’s go the other way.”

“Sungyeol?” A small, timid voice called from behind. The two friends looked back, seeing Myungsoo’s happy face, “Sungyeol! What are you guys doing here?”

“Nothing, just finished eating.” Sungyeol replied, slightly harshly. He glanced at Hoya who was eyeing their intertwined hands, “Hoya.”

“I see you guys have bonded well.” He muttered, bitterly.

“We were just talking.” Dongwoo replied, his voice sounding less shaky.

“Oh yeah, it looks like you guys were just talking.” Myungsoo heard the angry tone through Hoya’s words and soon followed the male’s gaze, his eye’s widening.

“Are you guys together?” Myungsoo asked innocently.

“What’s it to you guys if we are?” Sungyeol retorted without thinking twice.

“Sungyeol.” Dongwoo whispered, “What are you saying?”

“What’s it to me? Well maybe that’s my boyfriend over there you’re screwing around with.”

“Well it doesn’t seem like it, seeing thing way you’ve been treating him.”

Hoya glared at Sungyeol, “Stay. Away from him.” He warned in a low tone.

“I can do what I want.”

“Lee Sungyeol.” Hoya warned once again. “You won’t touch him. Ever.”

“Watch me.” Sungyeol smirked. He faced Dongwoo and harshly lifted up his chin before planting his lips onto his with force. He felt all three pairs of eyes on him, as kissed his friend’s boyfriend.

“S-Sungyeol.” Myungsoo whimpered. Hearing the voice had brought him back to reality. He realised what he was doing and hearing the sad, broken voice of the other sent a twinge of emotion to his heart. A millisecond after he had broken the kiss, he felt a fist that made contact with his face.

Hoya was on top of him, beating the life out of him.

Sungyeol could have knocked him out in one blow.

But he didn’t, because he knew he deserved this.

After what seemed like an eternity, the heavy weight was pulled away from him. Everything was blurry. He saw someone running towards him and heard muffled and low sounds, but everything had went black after that.

 


HELLOOOOO! How are you guys doingggg??? Christmas is coming soon, who's excited??! I'm so happy right now, even though my family doesn't celebrate this holiday, I shall spend it here hahaha. I'm almost finished with this fic, I think. Just a couple more chapters!! I'm so excited for the end. It will be a blast. Maybe... or not xD We shall see! Please please please do comment and let me know what you think! I'm kind of hoping that this chapter and the next would be the and then after it'll be resolved with love and fluff and all beautiful things like that hahahaha. I plan to finish this before 2015 :) I'm blabbering again woops... But please do upvote, subscribe and most definietly comment :)) It would be a great Christmas present hehe ^-^ 

Warning!!! Extra rambling down here! 

Oh yeahh, so I want to say something that really isn't that important, but if you want to read then you can :) I got a message the other day from a friend on AFF asking me why I love writing stories about diseases and disorders. I've only written two stories so far, but I have other plots too. Well, I've decided to answer it here, because it is a strange little fantasy that I have hahaha. I suffer from a range of diseases and illnesses, and by a range, I mean A LOT, sooo I don't have many friends because of my illnesses in real life, and although I'm happy with what I have, I have dreams of me finding people who can relate and who would love me for me and stuff. Cliched, I know. Well what I'm trying to say is that I basically meet people and have scenarios in my dreams, and I want to give myself hope, so I enjoy writing it down, and well, my friends and family don't really appreciate my stories, so I write them here. HAHAHAHA I'm so weird. I'm sorry. xD Just ignore all this hahahaha I just wanted to let it out :)

Till next time! Hope you all are safe, well and happy! ^-^