2nd confession

Trust and happiness

“I’m sorry.”

“Why?”

“I know you’re miserable.”

“I’m not.”

“I can tell.” Myungsoo sighed, “You want me to act my age. To grow up. Whatever. I’ve tried. I really have. I don’t want to look like an idiot in front of you.” He admitted.

“No. Don’t change. Don’t change for others. Be yourself.”

Myungsoo looked at the other, clearly shocked his words.

“Is there anywhere as you want to go?”

“N-No… let’s go home.”

“Okay.”

~

“I can go home by myself.” Myungsoo said quietly, breaking the silence.

“You were sick only a few days before. Don’t want to risk it.” Although everything that came out of Sungyeol’s mouth was monotonous and sounded rude, Myungsoo smiled, as he could hear the subtle sincerity and worry that was hidden well under the tone.

“Thank you.” He whispered.

They continued to walk in familiar silence. Myungsoo was excited to tell Sungjong all about his ‘date’.

“You’re the first to stick by me for this long.” Myungsoo said happily.

“What?”

“Other than Sungjong, of course, but he’s my brother, and it’s his job.”

“What about your parents?”

“They left. I don’t know where though. You’re the first to stay voluntarily. I knew my feelings towards you weren’t stupid.”

“Myungsoo, ple-”

“Please let me tell you my feelings. You don’t have to say anything. Just listen to my confession. I just want to let it out.”

Sungyeol nodded, allowing him to proceed. “I heard the rumours about you. Everyone has. But it intrigued me how you never reacted to any of them. At first, I thought I could relate to you, but then I realised that I couldn’t. You were much stronger than me. Although you never expressed any emotion, I saw them in your eyes. Everything that you refused to show, were seen through your eyes. I almost missed it too, because you’ve hidden them so well. But I still managed to see those glimmers of happiness when something goes your way. I don’t know how, but I ended up craving to see those glimmers more. Those times where I made a fool of myself in front of you. They were partially planned, but I could never see those slight gleam in your eyes. You never noticed me. I realised that as I continued to obsess over this, I became to develop feelings for you. Sungjong knew about everything. He told me that I had to get over this feeling, or else I’d get hurt. I knew I would. I predicted that I would. You didn’t even know who I was, but I knew so much about you. I wasn’t meant to confess to you that day. I don’t know what happened, but I did. I just wanted to get to know you and become your friend, but I’ve never been good with words.”

Sungyeol snorted at the last statement. And sighed after the silence, “I guess I should be thankful. It seems like you know me better that I do. I never knew I felt those emotions, let alone showed them through my eyes. I guess you’re very observant.”

They had arrived at Myungsoo’s home. Both males secretly didn’t want to part, but neither said a thing.

“I had fun.” Sungyeol began.

The shorter male nodded, “Me too.”

“Thank you for tonight.” Sungyeol continued, making Myungsoo let out a small smile, “But I hope you won’t take it to heart that I’m going to pretend that confession never happened.” He finished. He nodded slightly at the other and turned to leave. “Goodnight, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo felt like his heart had been trampled and stomped on over and over again. How could the other say that so coldly? After all that courage, he could have been more caring about his words.

But then again, it was Lee Sungyeol.

The man with no emotions.

“Hyung! So it was you! I heard chatter outside, and thought it sounded like you. Come in, you’ll catch a cold. How was it? Did he open up?”

Myungsoo tried to wipe away his tears in the dark and let out a laugh to sound delighted, but all that was heard was a choked sob. “Myungsoo?” He felt a skinny pair of arms wrap around him. “I hate this feeling, Jong.”

~

“I told you not to confess again, Hyung!” Sungjong whined.

“I know, but I saw it again. That gleam of happiness in his eyes. I saw it. It was brighter than before. I just couldn’t help it.”

“It’s his weakness, Hyung. You already know it. You told me. He can’t handle feelings and emotions.”

Myungsoo sighed, “I know, I didn’t know what happened. The night was perfect though. We didn’t converse much, but he wasn’t the Sungyeol everyone knew.”

Sungjong nodded. He opened his mouth to reply, until he saw his brother flinch, “Hyung?”

“No, not now.” Myungsoo mumbled, “I’m happy right now. Don’t hurt me.” He continued.

“Shhh, Myungsoo, I’m here. I’m right here.”

“No! Stay away, Sungjong! They’ll get you too.” He shouted, louder. His eyes were frantically moving around in fear.

“Run, Sungjong! I’ll protect you.” He yelled. Sungjong ran towards his brother, trying to calm him down. “NO!” Myungsoo screamed, pushing the younger away from him. Sungjong soon lost his balance and fell head first onto a glass vase, instantly losing his conscious.

Myungsoo hadn’t notice this. He was having a battle of his own. He pulled his hair, screaming in pain. He punched the wall continuously before biting his arm until they bled. “STAY AWAY FROM US!” He yelled. He ran to the kitchen to grab the knife, driving them straight to the carpeted floor, and accidentally slitting his arm in the process.

He continued to let our heaving pants, before collapsing next to the unconscious male, and falling into unconsciousness himself.

~

“They’re not here today.”

“Who?”

Dongwoo let out a wail, “Myungsoo and Sungjong. The project’s due today! And they’re not here. I understand Myungsoo, he regularly takes days off, but Sungjong has never missed out on a day! I need his share of work, or else we fail!”

“Calm down, I’m sure they’re maybe just late or something.”

“Noo, Sungjong’s never late! NEVER! I’m so screwed. The teacher’s going to kill me.” He cried.

Hoya continued to rub circles on his boyfriend’s back to calm him down, “When is it due?”

“Last session.”

“I don’t have classes for the next two sessions, so I’ll go to their place and ask for it, alright?”

“Thank you so much!” Dongwoo shouted, gaining attention from the other students, but he didn’t care, “I love you so much, Hoya!!!”

~

‘Aishh,” Hoya muttered, “I forgot to ask for the address. Dongwoo won’t look at his phone during class.”

“Where are you going?”

Hoya jumped and faced the familiar voice, “Oh, Sungyeol.”

“Where are you going?”

“Sungjong’s place.”

“Ah.”

“You don’t happen to know their address, do you?”

“I thought you were going to their place?”

“Yeah, well I forgot to get their address.”

Sungyeol snorted and wrote down the address for his friend.

“Do you want to come?”

“I won’t be invited.”

“Why? We’re all friends.”

“Not anymore.” Sungyeol muttered.

“What did you do, Sungyeol?”

“Nothing.” The latter mumbled defensively, “Well, I might’ve been a bit rude towards someone when they were confessing… again.”

“Sungyeol!”

“I meant what I said. So I’m not going. Bye.” Sungyeol replied coldly.

Hoya sighed and shook his head.

~

“This should be the place.” Hoya muttered to himself.

He walked to the door and rung the bell twice. When no one answered, he frowned, proceeding to press it one more time, knowing that this project had meant a lot for his boyfriend. Before he could press the bell, the door flew wide open, revealing a dishevelled Myungsoo with his eyes wide open.

“Help.” He whispered.

Hoya instantly ran in and followed the frantic male to where his brother was lying pale and limp on the floor. A mixture of glass and Sungjong’s blood covered the floor.

“What happened?” He breathed out.

“I don’t know.” Myungsoo cried. “I-I woke up, and I saw that. It’s all my fault, Hyung. Help him! It’s all my fault.” He cried.

“Shh, hush, Myungsoo. Crying won’t help. You have to stay strong.” Hoya said, trying to calm him down, but it was not reassuring at all. He was glad that he was taking CPR and medical classes, so he knew what he had to do.

He began by carrying the limp male to a surface free of the glass and rested him on his side. He used two fingers to try and feel a pulse, and to his relief he felt a very faint one.

“Myungsoo.” He said sternly, making the other jump and stare at him nervously. “Have you called the ambulance?”

“Yes.”

“Alright.”

He proceeded to check for any visible wounds. “B-B-B-Back.” He heard the other stutter.

Hoya saw the sharp glass that had pierce through Sungjong’s scalp and let out a shaky breath.

“T-Take it out!” Myungsoo yelled.

“No!” He replied back with the same volume. He inhaled to calm himself down, “No. he might lose more blood if we take it out or we might accidentally create a bigger wound. We have to wait for the ambulance to come, they can do it.” He lifted up Sungjong’s head on a slight angle to open the airways, so it would be easier for oxygen to get in.” Hoya hesitated. He knew that CPR was the only way to keep the fading heartbeat, but he couldn’t do it. There were glass on the back of the latter’s head, so letting him lay on his back was out of the question.

Hoya was out of ideas. If the paramedics did not come any time soon, Sungjong would die.

 


Hai! Long time no talk hahahah! It's getting ineresting I promise!!!! I started writing the next chapter and omg I cringed and cried because I could. not. handle. Anyways, hope you are all doing fine! Please do comment, upvote and subscribe :) I barely got any in the other chapter, maybe I'm just a terrible writer ahahahah.. oh wells TuT Please do comment on what you think though, they really make my day when you do :)

Till next time! Stay safe and healthy ^-^