the aftermath

use your stethoscope, hear my heart

As he achieved the ability to control himself that night, he drives his car and heads off to his apartment with Jongdae in the passenger seat, head leaning against the window. Zitao’s just had three glasses so that doesn’t really affect his senses that much. While everything in his head is swirling, he can still make out the road, differentiate the green lights and the red lights and take note of anything relevant in the road. They reached his apartment safely, and Zitao slams Jongdae to the back of his locked door that night, lips pressing kisses onto Jongdae’s neck before Zitao wraps his legs around his waist and carries him to the bed.

                Zitao feels lightheaded and drunk as he pushes Jongdae to the bed, crawling on top of him. Jongdae is small underneath him, and he runs his fingers along Zitao’s arms before they skip to the hem of Zitao’s sleeveless shirt. Zitao shakes his head and closes his eyes, feeling alcohol run in his system before he pulls away and takes off his shirt, exposing his upper half. Zitao shivers in the cold air of his room.

                Jongdae’s cheeks are flushed, his lips parted and eyes staring up at Zitao’s body as he runs his small fingers across them. Zitao takes hold of his wrist, pinning them above his head before leaning down to press kisses to Jongdae’s neck. Tonight will be so much fun, but hopefully, it will end soon.

 

~

 

Like any other one night stands Jongdae’s ever had, he leaves first.

                Like any other one night stands he’s ever had, it’s normal to feel that his legs are tangled with someone else’s, to feel an arm tightly secured around his waist, and to feel his head resting on something sturdy that is his partner’s arm. However, it’s not normal for Jongdae to feel like he should stay. To stay would mean that he wants something more, and Jongdae’s not sure that he wants that, or if his one night stand wants that. Stealing a glance at his partner as he puts on his shirt, the clock on the bedside table shows that it’s four in the morning.

                He feels pathetic. This is just a one night stand. Both parties should be fine about it, they should forget about everything that happened between the both of them and move on. Lu Han did say all he needed was some quick , and this man just happened to help him with it, so there are no promises between them. He pays no attention to both the itch under his skin and the pain in his lower back as he slide his feet into his shoes and leave the apartment. At least he doesn’t feel restless anymore.

                When he reaches his apartment, he doesn’t expect to see Lu Han sitting in the couch, shirtless with a bowl of ice cream in his hands. “I didn’t think you’d be home so early. Did you get my message?” He calls out before stuffing a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. As Jongdae presents himself in the living room, with his keys in one hand and his other hand empty, Lu Han shoots him a disapproving look and leans back in the couch, lifting his legs to rest them on the coffee table in front of it. “Oh. So you didn’t get my message.”

                “It’s four in the morning, you idiot. I’ll buy the groceries later.” Jongdae says, tearing his gaze away from the clock to look back at Lu Han. “Why are you awake? And shirtless?”

                Lu Han around a spoon before pulling it out to point it at Jongdae. “I thought you’d be at Baekhyun’s place.”

                “My apartment’s with you, not Baekhyun.” He replies easily, dropping himself on the couch beside Lu Han. “And if I did go to Baekhyun’s, I doubt he’ll even open the door. It’s too early.” He picks up the remote for the television and turns to Lu Han again. “So why are you shirtless?”

                Lu Han shrugs. “Just ‘cause.”

                “And you’re eating ice cream so early in the morning because… why?”

                Lu Han shoots a look at him and stuffs some more ice cream in his mouth. “I love ice cream, and I also have the day off so I’m making the most out of it.” He responds. “How was the one night stand?” He asks, and Jongdae feels his shoulder stiffen with tension before he shakes his head.

                “It was… okay.”

                “Okay?” Lu Han repeats, and Jongdae thought he heard the slightest bit of sadness in Lu Han’s voice until he turns around only to see the corners of his lips quirking up. “Was he rough last night? Does your hurt?” Jongdae fights the urge to shove his face into the bowl of ice cream – it’s too small for his big face to fit in anyway. He settles with a light smack on the shoulder and Lu Han laughs. “Oh come on, that didn’t even hurt. You tired from all the –”

                He barely finishes his sentence when Jongdae hits him again. Harder this time.

                Lu Han laughs at that, scooping more ice cream with his spoon. “Did you get his name?” Lu Han asks, an expectant look on his face.

                Jongdae opens his mouth to reply, but he closes it, lips slowly forming a pout. “Um. Is it wrong that I forgot his name?”

                Lu Han barks out another laugh before he shoots a confused look at Jongdae. “How is that even possible? I mean, didn’t you scream his name when he–”

                “Lu Han, what the hell,” Jongdae cuts him off, “I kind of did but, you know…” Jongdae trails off, shoulders deflating as Lu Han laughs again. “Look, we went on a lot of different positions so–”

                Lu Han shoves his face with a hand pressed up against his cheek. Jongdae blames it all on the alcohol.

 

~

 

Zitao wakes up to the pain that’s beating against his head like a drum.

                Sitting up on his bed as he cradles his head, he finds himself and the clothes he wore last night thrown on the floor. As if on instinct, he turns his head around and eyes the empty space on the other side of his bed. He left early… Well, not that Zitao cared. He wasn’t important, and Zitao was drunk last night, so he doesn’t remember much anyway. He even forgot how his one night stand looked like, and Zitao makes a mental note to drink plenty of water since alcohol can damage his liver.

                One night stands are supposed to be quick and brief. And that was how Zitao remembers how last night went, followed by the constant moans and occasional bite of nails onto his shoulders. Those marks are sure to be gone by a few weeks, but Zitao has this feeling where he doesn’t want them to leave – and it’s stupid. That was just a one night stand, no guarantees or even commitment. The man was just looking for a quick , and Zitao just helped him, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less. Zitao picks his clothes up from the floor and throws them to the laundry basket.

                Honestly, Zitao knows he won’t be able to get away from Baekhyun without an inquiry on last night’s event. What Zitao doesn’t know is that Yixing is also with him on this one, so Zitao finds himself dragged into his office the moment he enters the clinic, with Baekhyun holding one arm and Yixing on the other, both wearing a smile on their faces. When they reach his office, he’s shoved into his chair, and he looks up to meet their overexcited looks. “Well?”

                Zitao snorts at that, acting cool and laid back as if last night had no effect on him. “What?”

                “How’s the one night stand? It’s gotta be something, right?” Baekhyun asks with a wiggle of his eyebrows. Zitao just wants to strangle him but he just turns to Yixing, the older one just smiling at him mischievously. Both of them are obviously expecting something coming out of Zitao’s mouth, which was so unlike Zitao, who is a very serious doctor and mostly unaffected by certain body parts where people describe as privates. What is he talking about – he is a man, and any healthy man gets by something particular.

                “Yeah, it’s something.” Zitao replies with a chuckle. “He was loud.”

                “Well you certainly had fun with that, didn’t you?” The eyebrow wiggle is back, and Zitao rolls his eyes at Baekhyun. The obvious answer hangs in the air between them but Zitao swallows the words, eyes narrowing at Yixing and Baekhyun. But if he had to admit – of course he had fun with it. His one night stand was so loud that it sent shivers down Zitao’s spine, and it gave him encouragement to go faster like how his one night stand wanted him to. Though on a side note, Zitao pats himself on the back because his one night stand obviously enjoyed his performance (not that Zitao was bad at it in the first place).

                He picks up a pen from his drawer and shoos the two away. “My thighs already ache and I don’t need to deal with you two.” He ignores the low whistle from them as they leave his office.

 

~

 

“Remind me why we’re shopping again?”

                Lu Han sighs dramatically, shoving a jacket into the smaller’s hands. They were well on their way watching some movie series in the apartment when suddenly Lu Han decides that they go shopping. “We are shopping for my dear friend, whose fashion statement is a disgrace.” He picks out a shirt from the rack and scowls at it before putting it back on the rack. “I swear, Jongdae, if you take one look at his wardrobe, you will want to burn it with as much passion as I do.”

                Lu Han throws him a pair of tight jeans and he catches it easily as he snorts at what Lu Han had said. He holds his arm out to look at the jeans. “Yeah? Is your friend small or something? These are some really tight jeans.”

                “No, he is not small.” Lu Han replies with a laugh. “He’s taller than me. Imagine how he’d have to crane his neck down to look at you.” He adds, as if knowing that Jongdae couldn’t hit him even if he wanted to because he’s dumped a lot of clothes into Jongdae’ hands. “Anyways, he needs the jeans to make his thighs look plush.”

                Jongdae furrows his brows at the answer as he adjusts the clothes in his arms so they won’t fall to the floor. “Since when did your friend’s fashion statement became your problem?”

                “Ever since I made his relationship status my problem.”

                “And since when did his relationship status became your problem?”

                “Hey, I’m a good friend, okay.” Lu Han amends. He rifles through the rack of clothes and pulls out a tank top. “This friend of mine is a loner. Says he doesn’t mind having his future lover come later in his life.”

                “So you’re worried that his future lover would come a little too late?” Jongdae asks, and Lu Han stares at him with a proud smile before dumping the tank top onto the stack of clothes.

                “Bingo. And I’ve known this friend of mine long enough to know that he’s not that patient. So perhaps spicing up his wardrobe would help him more.”

                Jongdae laughs at that, following Lu Han as he trudges to the other side of the shop. Suddenly he stops dead in his tracks, and Jongdae does the same, careful not to drop the clothes to the floor. When he looks up, Lu Han is staring down at him with a suggestive look and he raises a brow. “What?”

                “You should meet up with this friend of mine.” Lu Han replies with a devious look. “I feel like you guys can get along.”

                Jongdae blinks at the words. “Okay…”

 


 

a/n: hope you guys enjoyed this chapter lol 

also thanks for the comments, they mean sooooo much to me ;A;