the meeting

use your stethoscope, hear my heart

“You what?” Zitao nearly chokes on his morning coffee. He turns to Baekhyun with a skeptical look and Baekhyun only laughs. He’s pretty sure he’s losing his mind at this point, because what he had just heard sounded impossible. He was already feeling extra cranky this morning and with Baekhyun being the naughty one, he’s also sure he’ll be even snappier.

                “You’re getting laid, boy.” Baekhyun says mockingly as he slaps at Zitao’s , nearly slipping the mug of coffee out of his hand.

                “But – I didn’t sign up for that!” Zitao fumes, gripping the mug tighter. “I told you that! You know I don’t want a one night stand!”

                “You don’t? I took a look at your profile and that seemed to tell a different story.”

                “What?” Zitao sputters, taking his phone out from his back pocket to check out his online dating profile. It is seen that right underneath his interest, Lu Han had added, ‘I am also fine with a one night stand.’ And Zitao isn’t sure whether to toss his phone out of the window or rip off every single strand of his perfectly styled hair (considering how both are quite important to him).

                Instead, Zitao groans, tightening his grip on his mug of coffee and taking a long sip. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, trying to hold in his anger. In his head, he chants the numbers from one to ten, something that he does when he feels he’s going to explode. Lu Han didn’t tell him about the change in his profile and Zitao makes a mental note in his head to remind himself to talk to Lu Han about it. When he opens his eyes, he sees Baekhyun looking up at him hopefully. “When is it?” He asks.

                “Preferably tonight.” Baekhyun replies. “My friend wants it as soon as possible.”

                “Oh. Great.” He has more plans with Lu Han tonight and he guesses he can cancel it. Perhaps cancelling their plans is better than spending a night being criticized by Lu Han. “Alright,” He nods his head. “Where do I meet him?”

                Baekhyun looks awfully proud. “At the club four blocks down. That’s not far from your place. You guys decide where to hit it off.”

                “Okay.” Zitao nods again, trying not to shout. He finishes his mug of coffee and heads off to the office. Baekhyun sends Yixing a look and fistpumps.

 

~

 

Why didn’t you tell me that you signed me up for a one night stand? – Tao

                Lu Han finds himself smiling at the text. He had been expecting it, and he can almost imagine Zitao lose his mind. From their times in high school, Lu Han knows that Zitao is the romantic type, and is easily heartbroken. Then again, Zitao knows Lu Han’s the type to create a menace, so he guesses that Zitao must’ve expected it too. He shouldn’t really leave anything in Lu Han’s hands.

                Don’t be so baffled, you can meet more people that way. – Lu Han

                He sends the text with a smile on his face, and he reads their conversation once more before he feels something hit his shoulder. He looks up from his phone to see Jongdae staring down at him, arms folded across his chest and pout evident on his lips. “Stop smiling.” He says, voice worn out and rough. It’s been a long couple of days for Jongdae.

                Lu Han turns back to his phone when it alerts him to an incoming text.

                You know I’m looking for a serious relationship. – Tao

                Lu Han laughs at the text message. He feels another hit on his shoulder, this time harder.           

                I can hear you laughing. I really mean it, Lu Han. – Tao

                Lu Han looks up from his phone again, this time meeting Jongdae’s tired eyes. He looks exhausted, like his life had just been out of his nostrils. “What?” Lu Han probes. He turns back to his phone and begins to type.

                I know you do. But it; my changes are going to work at some point. – Lu Han

                It already has. Baekhyun’s already setting me up with someone for a one night stand. And it’s tonight. Can’t really reject because he told his friend I already agreed to it. – Tao

                So that cancels our plans for later? – Lu Han

                Yeah. I don’t want to spend the night having you talk about how your changes worked. – Tao

                “Stop smiling.” Jongdae says again. Lu Han hears the swivel of a chair before Jongdae is beside him, arms outstretched before he links his fingers together and positions the palms of his hands at the back of his head. Lu Han doesn’t even bother to look over his shoulder. “I think I should take the day off early. My head’s spinning.” Jongdae groans quietly.

                This time, Lu Han looks over, eyes filled with concern. “Yeah? You want me to take you to that club? I can find someone for you.”

                “No thanks. Baekhyun already did that for me.” Jongdae replies, pulling his hands away from his head to let them rest at his sides. He uses his legs to push himself to his desk.

                What a coincidence.

                Lu Han nods his head and shrugs it off. “Okay then. Get plenty of rest, Jongdae.”

                He hears Jongdae hum behind him, and he contemplates whether or not to pick on the interns.

 

~

 

On a bad day like this, Jongdae can’t help but get annoyed by the wide smile Baekhyun has on when he enters his apartment after work, walking into the kitchen to join Jongdae. Because he took the day off early, Jongdae took a nap when he arrived at his apartment, and when he woke up, he felt grouchy, unsatisfied. If Jongdae’s not having a good week, then no one can. He hits Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Stop smiling.” He tells him, but the smile only grows wider, and Jongdae scowls. “What’s it to you today?”

                “Oh, it’s nothing.” Baekhyun replies, chuckling softly.

                Jongdae shakes his head, eyes still locked at Baekhyun. “No, there’s something.”

                He lifts his hand to hit him with the flyswatter and Baekhyun raises both of his palms in surrender. “Stop worrying about me,” He says. “You have your one night stand to worry about.”

                Jongdae lowers the flyswatter down and puts a hand on his hip. “It’s just a one night stand, what’s your problem?”

                “I believe this will be the best one night stand you’ll ever have.” Baekhyun replies, adding a smirk. “This friend of mine is really something.”

                Jongdae rolls his eyes. Jongdae never really understood Baekhyun’s taste in men, so he doubts that his one night stand is going to be something. It’s probably like any other one night stands he’s had; quick and brief, with no promises. Just what he needs to get this cloud of misery out of his head.

 

~

 

The clothes Zitao has on are light, soft against his shoulders. Lu Han clicks his tongue at him in disapproval before reaching his hands out to the first three buttons of his plaid and roll up his sleeves. When he was done, he takes a step back and gives Zitao a once over. He shakes his head and throws a sleeveless shirt at him.

                Lu Han didn’t plan on letting him go so quickly. He texted him this afternoon, telling him that he’ll be over at Zitao’s apartment to help dress him up for his one night stand and by the time Zitao entered his apartment after work, Lu Han was already in his room, laying out different clothes on Zitao’s bed to see which one Zitao should wear for tonight. Zitao is seriously worried about how Lu Han entered his apartment that it came to the point where Zitao begins to question his security.

                Zitao had refused earlier, saying that it was only a one night stand and that he was going to take his clothes off anyway, but Lu Han clearly ignored him, saying, “At least leave an impression on him before you leave. You never know if he’s interested.”

                That certainly made Zitao cool off for just a bit. But now, as Lu Han puts on a dog tag for him, he feels himself boil inside again. He’s going to be pleasuring someone who he doesn’t know, who doesn’t see him romantically, and yet he’s just going to shrug it off, like it’s no big deal. Perhaps it’s better if he just forgets about it, and maybe he should change his online dating profile while he’s at it.

 

~

 

Zitao has his car resting at a red light, hoping that in all odds he’d make it to the club before exploding from anger. He’s still angry about this, about Lu Han signing him up for  one night stand without him knowing, about Baekhyun telling his friend that he already agreed to it when he knew he didn’t – wouldn’t. They had taken Zitao’s words about wanting a serious relationship as a joke, and Zitao should be offended, but he had to collect himself at that point. Lu Han was right, he can get tired of waiting.

                He takes a deep breath, when suddenly his phone notifies him to an incoming text. He picks it up at the next red light, and when he looks down at his phone, he sees that Baekhyun had sent him a picture of his friend, with a text message that said:

                His name is Kim Jongdae. – Baekhyun

                It’s when he parks his car in front of the club that he takes a good look at this Kim Jongdae. In the picture (to which Zitao had snickered), Jongdae has on a wide collared and sleeveless shirt that serves to expose his milky white and smooth skin, and also a pair of jeans that cling onto his thighs pleasantly. He has caramel blond hair, sharp facial features and a very nice smile.

                While he steps out of the car, another text comes in.

                Have fun. – Baekhyun

                Zitao can almost feel him smiling through the phone. He doesn’t reply and tucks his phone in his pocket, locking his car before entering the club. His eyes scan the room to look for Jongdae.

 

~

 

Jongdae’s eyes searched the club, his lips jutting out in a pout as he rests his chin on the palm of his hand, his elbow just above the bar. This is the boring part when it came to things like this. He and Lu Han often go to clubs, and always it was Lu Han that finds him someone to sleep with. That boring part was waiting, making him look awkward and alone in the eyes of the bartender – not that he cared about what the bartender was thinking, he was simply bothered by the fact that he was lonely.

                This is the first time Baekhyun’s ever done this for him, so he doesn’t know what to expect. When Lu Han does it for him, Lu Han knows to choose someone who’s tall and buff, tanned but with smooth skin, easily able to dominate Jongdae because Jongdae would willingly surrender himself to people like them. Of course, it was only a one night stand, so Jongdae doesn’t expect to see them again, and he’s not interested.

                Jongdae feels his phone vibrate against his thigh and he fishes it out of his pocket, only to see that he received a text message from Baekhyun.

                His name is Huang Zitao. – Baekhyun

                Baekhyun also sent a photo, and Jongdae takes a good long look at the photo of Zitao slouched against a brick wall, smirk on his lips and his eyes hooded. His jaw is chiseled, he has high cheekbones and a high nosebridge. In the picture, he’s wearing casual dark jeans and a grey v-neck, the short sleeves folded up even shorter to show off his toned biceps, and Jongdae bites his lower lip at Zitao’s appearance.

                He was indeed, handsome.

                It was then that Jongdae hears a voice beside him, and it asked, “Are you Jongdae?” When said man lifts his head to answer, he almost drops his phone, because Zitao looks so much better in person. The sleeveless shirt he’s wearing is definitely showing off his toned biceps, and Jongdae tries not to gape at them or even run his fingers over them. Perhaps later, when they start, he can grip them and feel the sturdiness of it.

Jongdae nods his head at Zitao’s question. Zitao smiles at him, and Jongdae tries not to be blinded.

                Zitao takes a seat beside him in the bar, and he calls the bartender to order a drink. When the bartender goes off to get his drink, Zitao turns to him, a small smile on his lips. “So, Jongdae.”

 

~

 

When Zitao’s eyes laid on Jongdae, his heart skips a beat. At least he thinks so, because there’s something flipping inside him. Jongdae is wearing a long-sleeved shirt, the ends of it just ending below his thumb, covering the milky white skin Zitao had seen in the photo. He’s pouting, and he looks incredibly cute, Zitao feels himself sweating, but he catches himself before he approaches the male.  

                Jongdae looks flustered when he approached him, but he shrugs it off and calls the bartender. He wants to get drunk – maybe not too drunk – but drunk enough to forget about what’s going to happen tonight. When he thinks about it, he finds it sad that they’re only meeting up for a one night stand, so if by chance, Zitao’s going to meet Jongdae again, he can start fresh, ignore completely about what’s happening tonight.

                “So, Jongdae.” Zitao begins. Jongdae looks flustered again. “Would you rather do this at your place or mine? My place isn’t far from here, but we can go find a hotel if you’d like.”

                Zitao is a bit surprised at himself because of how calm and professional he sounded. He wants to punch himself.

                Jongdae clenches his fist at first, and Zitao can’t get over the fact that Jongdae looks so nervous. It looks like it’s Jongdae’s first time – well, is it? When Baekhyun talked about Jongdae, it didn’t sound like it’s his first time. Jongdae rubs the back of his neck in thought, before he looks at Zitao straight in the eye. “Your place, I guess.”

                “Alright.” Zitao nods his head. The bartender serves his drink and he downs it in one go before ordering for another. He doesn’t feel the alcohol kick in yet. His house isn’t far from the club, so he guesses he can walk Jongdae there, and he can save himself from drunk driving. He shouldn’t have brought his car in the first place.

 


 

a/n: have you guys read ledbassky's story?!?!?! it's so CUTE and taochen's interactions are so ADORABLE <333333