Birthday Girl's Mother and Helpful Uncles

Heo Youngji the Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

[CONTENTID1]♥♥♥[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Heo Youngji sighs for the third times already. As far as she remembers, her family genes don’t have such extreme stubbornness in them—not herself, neither her sister moreover her loving parents. But then, ah! living together with Song Mino for almost three years now will explain a lot.

Song Minji can be the most stubborn girl and Youngji has no idea how to persuade her little daughter,

“C’mon, Honey, it will be fun taking bus together with Mom.”

Minji’s pout never fades off her face. Youngji feels exhausted more now rather than when they both visiting all the booth in the mall searching for the right gift Minji wants.

“I don’t want to!” The little girl refuses to look at her mother in the eyes. “I am tired, Mom, why can’t Uncle Jack pick us up?”

Yeah, yeah, Uncle Jack. Youngji rolls her eyes, curses inwardly her best friend who suddenly informed her in last minute that his plane got delayed for three hours later. She really has no good bound with such luck,

“Uncle Jack can’t-“

“I don’t believe you, Mom!”

This little devil! It’s kind of similar with…

“Fine, let’s phone him now.”

The little girl looks satisfied about what her mother choice about proof, while Youngji herself already pressed the third speed dial in her phone, her face tries hard not to make a provocative expression toward the miniature of herself.

In the third ring Jackson’s husky voice welcomes them, sounds a bit tired but still carries on a cheery tune.

“Hello, Babe?”

“Uncle!” Minji is too eager to whine right away as she takes her mother’s phone to keep securely in her hands.

“Oh, My Baby! You must miss me, right?” Jackson’s voice changes to more cheery one, just realizing the one he talks to is his other baby. But that’s just how Wang Jackson is, the most casual person Youngji has ever known (and attached to her unconditionally whatever situation they’ve been through).

“Uncle Jack, is it true that you can’t pick me and mom here now?” Kids and their curiosity over manner—Youngji snickers. Well, as long as this little devil happy and for her own self to finally reach their home sweet home.

“Ah, yeah Baby, will you forgive me? My plane got delayed so Uncle can’t arrive on time to pick you up.” Jackson turns his sound into the saddest tone he can muster, as if his plane being delayed is the most regretful ever (well, sort of).

“But you’ve promised me last night! And dad said promise isn’t meant to be broken!” Little devil starts to whine but still argues on the logical track. Listening to their conversation on the side, Youngji raises her eyebrows for a slight proud. Song Minji, everyone, my brainy daughter. But hope you get smarter to beat her, Uncle Jack, or we’re cursed to stay forever in this bus stop.

“I know, right?” Jackson chimes in, matches Minji’s whiny tone. “That’s why I hate planes for breaking our promise!”

“It’s planes’ fault!”

“Yes!”

Youngji facepalms herself. Luckily in this too bright afternoon no one besides them staying in the bus stop.

“But then how will mom and I come home? Speaking of that, why can’t mom drive like you and dad, Uncle Jack?”

It’s too easy to hear the boom of laughter from the speaker phone, boisterous and typical that Hong Kong guy. Youngji gets a bit red at the complaint of her daughter for her incapability in driving, but to discuss it with Jackson is pure humiliation.

“If she can drive our car then we don’t have to wait here for so long, right?” Minji continues in leisure manner, as if the one she’s talking about is neither by her side nor her own mother.

“My genius baby!” Jackson exclaims once he can control himself again, maybe while wiping his eyes from the tears of hilariousness. “Your mother is kind of… uhm, afraid of touching the wheel, Minji baby.” He deigns to make a reasonable yet not too humiliating and easy to understand reason for five years old girl to register in her brain. And Youngji thanks him for that.

“But wheel is not a monster, isn’t it?”

“No, it’s not. But sometimes, it’s kind of look like one.”

“Oh.” Youngji takes a pity at her talkative daughter and almost takes back her phone when the other line beams in courage.

“Aw, don’t be too sad, Baby. I promise I’ll bring the biggest Mr. Teddy for your birthday. Look, should I send the photo of it now?”

And the pure angelic smile finally attached on to Minji’s face, mouth giddily yells yes! in excited tone. She even smiles wider seeing the picture Jackson just sent to Youngji’s phone before she hands back the communication device.

“Are you really bringing that huge thing during your flight?” Youngji asks worriedly. The teddy bear is even almost as big as his body, but she doesn’t state the fact.

“Of course, Babe. What’s with the doubt?”

It makes her cringe. This very best friend of hers most of the time acts too freely—spoiling her child too much that the little girl relies on him, too much (and sometimes Youngji feels jealous of their proximity).

“Nothing. Thanks anyway, Wang Jackson. Minji didn’t want to believe me when I said you couldn’t pick us up.”

“Looking at your-trying-to-fool-your-own-daughter-but-failed track record, I can’t blame her.” He laughs, then adds. “And it’s okay. I’ll try not to miss the opening. Send my greeting for hyung, will you?”

As the call ends, the scowling expression still stays at her face, gets Minji to wonder what’s happening with her mom. Her Uncle Jack is the most wonderful person she’s known, so obviously her mother should be grateful after talking to him!

Minutes later Youngji still patiently persuades Minji to take bus home, but not to avail. It seems like Song Minji is allergic to public transportation and Youngji doesn’t want her child to be such a spoiled brat (she really needs to talk about this to Jackson). Maybe she can handle the girl’s whine or high-pitched crying when she’s with someone else, like her husband for example.

“Oppa, can’t you just come?” Youngji says desperately once Song Mino answers his phone, buzz of busyness can be heard as background sound in his office.

“Would love to, Honey.” But he can’t. Youngji knows. He already warned her that at the big day of their beloved princess, he still had to show himself in the office, since the current project the company has is more demanding than usual.

“Is that my princess?” Mino asks further when the faint sound of her sob comes into his hearing.

Youngji glances at her sideways, eyeing warily at five year old who still has a remaining sob with lollipop in her grab. “I’m sorry oppa, I may have to drug your princess before we hail taxi.”

Mino laughs and Youngji doesn’t appreciate it. She knows her husband is working his off for his precious family, but laughing at her misery hardly categorized as working his off for his precious family—Song Mino is childish and Song Minji is stubborn. Perfect.

“Don’t worry, Honey, I’ve already sent a rescue for you. Still stuck in the bus stop in front of Lotte?”

“Thank you oppa.” She really is. “Yeah, we’ve been here since half an hour ago. Minji even told Jackson to teach me driving. Ugh.”

Mino lets out another set of laughter, satisfied and enjoyed too much his wife’s amusing infortune.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter