of one sick hyung, one misunderstanding ajhumma and one (cute) drunk yeoja

Heo Youngji the Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

On rare occasion like this, three days full for a break, Oh Sehun fills the night upgrading his village in that famous online game until late, eyes become one slit staring at the blinding screen of his laptop while his whole room is a complete darkness. It’s when a raspy, horrible voice that gets him almost curse loudly, coming from Kim Jongdae who stands near the door.

That hyung doesn’t look okay.

Turns out the main vocalist of his bandmate has some trouble with his throat, where Kim Jongdae comes to sound like an 80 years old haraboji and if it’s not being taken care right away, the trouble will be on EXO too. He asks the maknae to buy him some syrup for the cough and his sore throat, and Sehun is sure Kim Jongdae is too nice to plea at him with the start, “Would you mind..”

So the lazy- maknae, Oh Sehun, is coming out from his perfectly comforting cocoon blanket into the stillness of the night where surprisingly, the sky is full of the stars tonight. He adjusts the beanie on his head then tightens his long coat, eyes wildly searching for the drug store which still open in this late. Jongdae is always like that, being secretive about his health until he really can’t take it anymore before asking for help.

That hyung is too nice. Too good to be true. Sehun’s mind racing with nonsense.

Once he finds the store, he quickly does his business and walks back to the dorm again. With only four of them are staying at the dorm on the resting day, sure Jongdae would likely to get a help from someone younger than him plus Sehun was still awake at that moment.

Somehow Sehun’s mind travels back in time where EXO was still one, with a complete set of the Chinese members. He would eagerly drag Huang Zitao too and forcefully woke him up from his deep, beauty sleep and got yelled in return, and then Wu Yifan and Xi Luhan would be awake too and feel disturbed, but before the easily mad dragon could scold him, they would find about Kim Jongdae’s sickness first then a whole dorm came in a complete chaos.

Sehun sighs. He looks up at the sky and thinks, maybe this night he should take a rest from guarding his virtual village too.

___

“Hyung, are you okay? Should I—”

Jongdae coughs, then shakes his head. He then presents the younger one assuring smile. “I will be fine. I’ve eaten the medicine anyway. Go back to sleep, Sehun-ah.”

Judging from his sound, Sehun doubts Jongdae’s statement. But the maknae still moves from his previous sitting spot and tucks his hyung under the blanket.

“Oh, by the way, hyung, I think I will go out for a moment.” From his vision, he can see his hyung shoots him a disapproving look but then he continues on. “Don’t tell manager hyung like I won’t tell your sickness to him, how about it?”

Jongdae curses. Sehun smiles.

Seconds later, Oh Sehun is already out again, enjoying the beautiful night alone with his mind doesn’t really mind where his feet will bring him. He walks and walks and walks, even the previous drug store is passed by. He knows he’s got too far from his dorm area, but screw policy, it’s his break anyway!

Or not.

Suddenly there’s a weird feeling of fear inside and Sehun can feel clearly his heart beats faster. He’s been followed, he just knows it.

Is it a saesang? It is ing so late, is there no schedule for sleep in saesang’s life? Wait, it’s saesang, of course she has none!

Sehun walks faster and when his eyes catch a humble store near the junction that still open, he slips in swiftly. He’s still in a rush feeling of being chased and late in realizing that no other customer than him in the store.

“Oh, there you are!”

A quite old ajhumma that maybe the store’s owner greets him in too friendly way out of nowhere, and before Sehun can explain anything, he’s already ushered to one room which smaller and a little darker than the main room.

“Wait, I’m not—”

“Oh, really? But she’s been waiting for hours now.” The ajhumma cuts him off and points out at a figure who slumps on the corner, facing two bottles of soju on the table. “Go. Go comfort her like usual.” She pushes him rather forcefully and makes him tripped his own feet until his lands on the wooden floor unceremoniously.

“But I’m not the usual?!” Sehun grunts, and only being replied by the door slammed shut.

“Why is he getting taller?” He still can hear the murmur from her outside and on his brain Sehun already screams that YOU’RE MISTAKEN ME AS USUAL HIM, AJHUMMA! But then, what can he do? At least here he will be safe from his beloved saesang.

“You come?”

It sounds familiar yet Sehun can’t quite grasp whose does that voice belong to. He straightens up and starts inspecting the unclear figure. It turns out to be a girl. Who?

“I’m sorry for bothering you to come.” She speaks up again, and this time Sehun is sure about two things; she is KARA Heo Youngji and she is definitely drunk.

Sehun straightens up his pose and clears his throat awkwardly. “No, uhm, it’s nothing.” He scratches his back to come over the awkwardness. But that doesn’t really solve the problem as Youngji suddenly shots her head up and his eyes easily meet hers.

They are like thousand stars twinkling in a cloudy sky, and street light that glowing because of the raindrops. They are wet by her silent tears. At that very moment, Oh Sehun knows he’s gonna screw up (and maybe loves a little bit of it).

“I shouldn’t be selfish, I know.” Youngji starts again, eyes droopily looking anywhere but him, and her voice becomes nasal. “But this is about KARA and I can’t help but to be selfish.”

Right. KARA. Her group. Which is trapped in a crisis (again) right now, and this one she’s became part of it.

“I sincerely wish the unnies have their best,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter