-2-

Second Shadow (Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lightly take my steps to the Conference Room, where the first meeting of the Committee is held. Luhan’s already inside, i assumed. Since he’s one of the head of divisions. Being always punctual, i’m one of the first members who already come. I take a seat on the middle rows, as i survey the whole room.

There are about 10 rows of seats, and in the front side of the room there’s a long table with chairs, each with microphones. I’m guessing it’s for the head of the divisions.

Plop.

I turn to my left to see a guy just sits beside me. A first year, i guess. He smiles at me and i nod back.

 

“Say, which place are you applying to?” he asks me.

“My friend chose for me. I don’t know maybe something like logistic, i guess.”

“What, you didn’t choose for yourself?” his eyes widen, “I chose the entertainment division. But it seemed like everyone’s into that. I’m Baekhyun, by the way. Linguistic, 1st year.”

I shake his hand “Minseok, Engineering, 3rd year”

His face is priceless.

“i’m sorry, Sunbae!” i only laugh and shakes my hand. “i thought you’re a newbie, too! Think i’ve seen you before, though, come to think of it.”

“maybe on the orientation day. I’m a soccer member.”

“oh i remember! The one holding a ball next to Luhan-sunbae, right?” he shakes his head. “ah.. i should’ve recognized you sooner.”

“you know Luhan, then?” but then again, who doesn’t?

“Only ever heard of her. Quite famous in my faculty too, you know, girls.”

“yeah, he sure is.”

 

As our conversation goes, we didn’t realize when the head of divisions already come fulfilling the long table. I spot Luhan right next to the tall guy in the middle. As i look around, I just realize the seats around me have also been taken. I look at the clock, 3 pm sharp. They’re punctual, which is a good thing.

 

“Good afternoon,” the tall guy in the middle stands “I’m Kris, the Head of the Committee, and this is Kyungsoo,  the vice. And these guys are the head of divisions.” He stops to talk with Kyungsoo in the middle, and proceed “Let’s all go to the slideshow to see which division you’re all belong to”

 

After that, the big screen in front of us start snapping pictures and names of the HoDs and our names below them. I almost 100% sure Luhan will take me to his division, but apparently my name was assigned under the Publication division, with the name Kang Soobin as my head.

Not that i mind, but.. i’m kinda bad at entirely new environment. And there is no single names from 15 person in the list that i’ve known before. I caught Bekhyun’s and some other names I know but none were in my division.

 

“Alright then, you all may proceed to the tutorial rooms for the first meeting with your own divisions.” Kris said. “i sincerely thank all of you for participating in this event. I hope we’ll have great experience ahead!”

 

As i gather my things, the Baekhyun guy tap my shoulder.

“Sunbae, i will be going first. Which div are you?”

“I’m at Publication. You got the entertainment division, right? Under Park Chanyeol?”

“Wow you caught my name? I myself almost missed that, though.” He grins widely, “Oh you’re with Soobin! She’s the same year as me, hyu- i mean Sunbae.” He seemed a bit unsure to drop the formalities, i see.

“’Hyung’ is okay.” I shook my hand in front of my face as i stand and walk with him. “Oh really? already a head of division?” i remember back then when i was a newbie, it took me a lot of courage to even talk in big forum in the soccer club.

“Yes, quite a busy person from what I heard-“

“Hey Seok!” Baekhyun was interrupted  by Luhan.

“i’ll be going first, hyung! Nice talking to you!” he bows to me and Luhan before going to the first tutorial room.

“See, you’re making new friend!” Luhan nudges me. “ By the way, i put publication in your third option, and it seemed that publication needs people so they accept all who put that division on the application. You okay with that?”

“Yeah” i shrugs. “i don’t know anyone, though. Do you reckon i’ll get along well?”

“What are you saying.” Lu shook his head. “You already make friend with that Baekhyun guy.”

“it’s because he’s just talkative” I mumble.

“Oh, you’re with Soobin, right? Great kid, that one.”

“heard that alr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter