Five

The Stories of a Fat Girl [HIATUS]

Author's Note

Hey I hope everyone had a good holiday! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, there was Christmas and New Years and soon is my birthday so it's pretty hectic right now. In fact, I just had the party. And then school is starting soon. Oh my.

 

I'm sorry for the short update. I didn't really know what to write for this as I am still on holiday mode.


Sehun and Jaera's relationship was out and she had been clinging to him more often than not. If Sehun wasn't at their table to eat lunch with them, Jaera would be at our table to eat lunch with us. Well, she calls it lunch but it looks like one quarter of a cup of bird food to me. But the two were inseparable. It was another lunch time at the table and Jaera decided to grace us with her presence.

"Hey baby." She greeted Sehun and sloppily kissed his cheek. He smirked in satisfaction but I unknowingly pulled a face, showing my disgust. Jinri pointed to my face and giggled. Upon realising what I had involuntarily done with my facial muscles, I fixed my face to a neutral expression once more and opened up my English book to finish the homework that I had forgotten about the previous night.

 

I never really bothered with English homework. I happened to be quite good at it and if I wasn't, it's probably because I am close to my English teacher. But the truth is, I never bothered with any homework. I'm the best procrastinator there is and the key to being good at procrastination is to be organised. It also means to have many good friends who can give you answers if you give them some answers too.

One time my procrastination did me no good though. It was Geography and we of course had the scariest teacher who was also a blunt . I happened to do the wrong questions because he got the bloody page numbers wrong. I was picked on to share my answers and half way through, I realise I had done the wrong thing. makes me continue to answer them despite knowing fully that I had completed the wrong ones. Of course he asks me, "Is your co-curriculars getting too hard for you Sunhee?" in a sarcastic manner and of course, it had nothing to do with what was happening. Co-curricular meetings are just one hour after school once every fortnight or during lunch breaks so no Mr , it is not getting too hard for me. But that's another story that happens to make my blood boil. I could go on and on but I won't.

 

Hungry from all the thinking that happened, I took out my lunch that my mother had prepared for me. It was quite different to what normal Korean students would have but it was just too delicious. I had an amazing burger and fries packed in my lunch box and I was going to devour it all. I took a big bite of my burger and moaned softly in delight. It was delicious.

 

Jaera would glance at me from time to time and I wondered what her problem was. Does she want some of my food because hers ? Or perhaps does she want my homework? As mentioned previously, Jaera is a cheat. She cheats and lies her way to the top which some may argue is what several politicians do. But I won't let her get my homework. No, this is a way of being above her. For once, I am better than her. I am willing to help people and I trade answers with my friends sometimes, we would do half of the work each then trade. But what she asks for is not help but to do the work for her.

Jinri munched on a fry while looking over her own answers and comparing them with the ones I had been writing down that moment. She opened a container full of kimbap that I assumed she made at home and took one in my mouth.

 

Lunch time with them was always a shared picnic. We bring food separately but we always share our food. Well, most of the time we do. It really depends on what food it is. If it is things like kimbap then we'd definitely share. But if it is food like pasta, one or two bites will be offered or given but most of it stays with the owner. I took another roll of kimbap and heard Jaera scoff. All eyes were on her now, not that she minds it, and everyone wondered what the hell her problem was.

 

"Sehun-ah, how can you be friends with her? Look at her! She's a slob, eating that greasy burger with those oily fries. Then going on to eat another person's meal." Jaera nagged as she looked at me with disgust and bewilderment.

"Really Jaera, we always share food." Jinri tried to say but Jaera cut her off, demanding the spotlight.

"Sunhee, you're starting to get quite big. Perhaps you should stop eating for now." She then said in a friendly voice that sounded so fake. She took what was left of my food and stood to walk to the trash.

"I'm doing you a favour Sunhee. You'd look so much better if you lost a few kilos. I lost three kilos and I'm feeling great. You wouldn't want Sehun to be seen with a fat slob, do you?" With that, she threw my food into the bin and turned to look at me.

 

She had a proud look on her face, as if she had cured cancer or achieved world peace. I saw Jaera's eyes go up and down my seated figure and stayed fixed on the fat on my stomach. I slowly put Jinri's kimbap back down and lowered my head. I refused to meet anyone's eyes, scared of what I might see. Jaera's eyes filled with satisfaction. Jinri, Suho and Kai's filled with pity that would hurt my pride. What would be in Sehun's eyes? Anger? Annoyance? Disappointment? But towards who? In fact, would he just be indifferent because he'd be pulled into the conflict between his girlfriend and his best friend? Well, supposed best friend. I don't even really know anymore.