Two

The Stories of a Fat Girl [HIATUS]

Author's Note

[PLEASE READ.] It is vital that you read this author's note. In this chapter I had included what really happened and the reality of the situation. I have indeed talked to strangers online and these thoughts were real. I do not want you doing the same!

 

Creeps are found everywhere on the internet and while I am lucky to reveal that I have not fallen victim to these criminals, I implore you to not take the risk. DO NOT go on websites such as Omegle, ChatRoulette, Chatiw etc. You WILL find creeps. Do NOT in any circumstance show what you look like, where you live or any other details about yourself. Not even if you meet the sweetest person in the entire world.

 

Any wrong move can result to imprisonment or heavy fines. ting as a minor or to a minor can result in imprisonment. Be careful of what you post guys and be careful of what you say. For the sake of this story, I am continuing to write about Kris's character and the development of our "relationship" HOWEVER in real life, I am going to cut all ties with the cop I am talking to (he's actually American and he is so sweet). Please be careful and I will do the same.

 

UPDATE: I did not delete him from my life. Oh God I hate myself right now. It's so hard to say I can't talk to you to him. I mean, he's fine with it and he says he understands but HE'S SO ING SWEET AND THERE'S NO ONE ELSE LIKE HIM .


There's a website called 'Omegle' that allows you to talk to strangers anonymously. I had discovered it in one of Sehun's birthday parties. We had gone on Omegle for some random fun and had a brilliant time. Instead of doing the things that normal teenagers do on a birthday party, we talked to strangers which seems beyond weird. We were able to create new identities, say anything about anyone to anyone and no one would even know. Liking the idea of being a different person, I had continued to talk on Omegle after that night. I had dozens of 'pen pals' and had dozens of strangers speak to me. Strangers continued to want to talk to me and want to be my 'friend' and I was then known for having so many internet friends. For a while, I fooled even myself and I thought that I was great too. Reality started to hit me when I had become friends with a man six years older than me.

 

He was from Australia and he was studying psychology. We talked every night, it was so weird how we acted with each other. I was so blind and enjoyed my time with him so much that I didn't realise how weird our whole 'relationship', if you can even call it that, was. We'd be so sweet to each other, it was almost sickening. Then as if we were in a real relationship, we'd tease each other and things would get quite heated. But then after those, we'd spend a lot of time fighting and arguing. We could have ignored each other but we just continued fighting until we teased each other again.

 

I knew that talking to strangers was wrong. After all, we all were taught of 'stranger danger' when we were five or around that age. It was especially worse now that bad intentions were hidden behind a digital screen and a virtual world called the internet. es and creeps could be found at every turn on the internet and you wouldn't know if you were talking to one. I realised what I was doing and I realised it was beyond wrong, it was terrible and yet I continued to do it. As I talked to this stranger, I created a new image for myself. I wasn't unsuccessful and awkward Sunhee. I was successful, busy, wanted and popular Sunhee. I could tell him my deepest secrets, I could tell him anything and I was comfortable with it because we didn't personally know each other. He made me feel better. But he needed to study and we parted ways for the sake of his future. Which for a while I thought was a good thing. I wasn't talking to a stranger and I wasn't doing something I'd normally label as morally wrong.

 

But then happened. Yes, my weight happened. As the thoughts of my weight clouded my mind, I was visiting Omegle to be a different person again. I didn't realise how bad it was, I only realised how liberating it was to be able to be a different person. So I went on it again, laying on my bed and doing nothing else. There were so many people who had just said 'kik me at blah blah blah' or 'are you ?'. In fact, it wasn't even 'are you ?', all they said was 'u ?'. no, I'm an emotional piece of who is probably not the person you'd want to go to.

 

I was there in bed with my blanket over my head and pressed the 'New Conversation' button yet again. I sighed to myself and thought that I should just read fanfiction from a site called Asianfanfics.com. I always found Spy Mode (or Question Mode) better on Omegle. A stranger asks a question and watches the two of us discuss it. But a lot of people just repeat the 'kik me' or 'rate my '. The next question that appeared was "Why is everyone obsessed with butts?" I just had to answer.

 

You: Because people are nasty

You: that's why

 

I sniggered to myself. I've done these kind of responses before and it was very rare for someone to reply.

 

Stranger: I agree with stranger people are nasty.

 

I sighed at the part where stranger could've put a comma. But this is Omegle and this is the internet where grammar apparently doesn't matter. It matters to me. Unless I'm lazy, then it's okay.

 

You: I mean, why are people obsessed with the thing where comes out?

You: And I mean literal

 

Am I talking too much? Am I going to scare stranger away?

 

Stranger: Maybe that's also where their ideas of hot body parts come from

Stranger: Because the ideas are

 

I was shocked by stranger's response and giggled furiously. I wondered if the stranger was male or female.

 

You: damn son

You: or daughter

You: but son sounds better

Stranger: agreed

You: are you a son?

Stranger: yes

Stranger: I thought it was implied

 

I don't know what came over me but I just had to do it.

 

You: here comes the son *na na na na*

 

I didn't know if stranger would understand the reference. It's been a while since the Beatles were big and people nowadays don't really know their songs, only their existence. I didn't know why, but I grew more nervous so I typed something else.

 

You:  haha get it?

 

The suspense was killing me. I'm weird aren't I? I probably scared him away didn't I? Oh Jesus.

 

Stranger: Yes!

Stranger: You're amazing. I need more people like you in my life

 

My heart fluttered for some reason unknown. son, he's so sweet. Then I realised that he didn't know whether I was male or female. I had to ask him what he thought.

 

You: Question: Am I a son or daughter?

 

He replied almost instantly and his reply made me chortle. I snorted like a pig. Wait, I am a pig.

 

Stranger: you're a guy

 

What the hell made him think that I was a guy? A guy! I'm a girl!

 

You: Well

Stranger: Well?

You: I'm not

You: I'm female dammit

Stranger: I'm calling bull

Stranger: there are no girls on the internet

 

I scoffed and pounded the keys. I read over my next words in satisfaction before pressing send. But as soon as I read it again, I regretted it. I can't take it back though.

 

You: I'M NOT A GUY I HAVE S DAMMIT

Stranger: men can have s

 

I blinked and gasped. Oh my god, he's right.

 

You: Damn, they can…

Stranger: they are just quite… disgusting

You: haha you're funny

 

I giggled at his responses and I felt a lot better now. I couldn't even remember what I was upset about previously. We must've talked for hours after that. It was strange how I knew nothing about this guy but I felt so comfortable with him.

 

Stranger: By the way stranger, my name is Kris

 

Oh no. Should I tell him my name? But could that tell a lot about myself? He is sweet but he's still a stranger and he might be a creep for all I know. From previous experiences I know that I should have a fake name, just in case. I shouldn't be talking to him anyway even if he's sweet, charming and hilarious. He sounds amazing.

 

You: I'm Sunny.

 

I thought that the name Sunny would be okay. It actually sounds similar to my name and Sunny is a very common name so it doesn't narrow down my position and culture. My curiosity rose, I wanted to know more about him. I wanted to know him because he just seemed to interesting to me. I also wanted to know if I was dealing with an old creep or not.

 

You: How old are you Kris?

Stranger: I'm 26. I'm from Canada, what about you?

 

, what do I say?  Maybe I can say Korea and hope he doesn't know much. Yeah, I like that idea.

 

You: I'm from Korea, 16.

Stranger: That's cool. I've been there a couple of times. I'm actually Chinese. But you're younger than I thought

 

I went on my world clock to see what the time was there. I don't know why I did it. I just did it. It was 8.42PM here in Korea and according to my world clock, it was 3:42AM there in Canada. I wanted to find out why he was awake that early.

 

You: What time is it there in Canada Kris?

Stranger: 3:44AM, Sunny. And you?

You: 8.44PM. Why are you awake so early?

Stranger: I'm at work

You: What is your job that requires you to stay awake at this hour?

 

Then he dropped a big bombshell that scared the out of me.

 

Stranger: I'm a cop.

 

He's a cop. He's a cop! Oh he can track me and , what have I done? What will I do? I was panicking, should I disconnect? But he is so sweet and one of the best strangers I have talked to on this site. A notification binged and Kris spoke again

 

Stranger: I take it from your silence that you are shocked

Stranger: Trust me Sunny, I won't do stalk you or anything. All I do is drive around and patrol the area.

Stranger: I will know you by what you tell me, I respect you too much. You're also a minor.

 

How could he be so sweet when we had only met? My heart melted a bit.

 

Stranger: Sunny, I loved talking to you but duty calls. I hope we can talk again?

 

What do I say? Of course I wanted to talk to him again! But is it right? No, it isn't. Can I not get caught? Perhaps, if I'm careful. I did it before, I can do it again.

 

You: I rarely give this out, so feel special

You: If you have Kik, I am SunnyTimes88

Stranger: Okay, look out for WYF1990

You: Sure thing. Bye! Go save the world

Stranger: I will sweetheart

 

With that the conversation ended and my heart fluttered. Sweetheart. He called me sweetheart. It was Kris who was the sweetheart. I laid in my bed thinking of what he might look like, what he'd look like doing his job, wearing that uniform. He was a cop! It was dangerous for me but it was so exhilarating being able to talk to someone like him. Someone who didn't know what I looked like or how my life was. I could be someone else. I could be Sunny, not Sunhee. My phone vibrated, signalling a notification.

 

WYF1990 requests to chat with you. Accept? Decline?

 

I took a deep breath. Should I think more about it? Oh it. No more thinking, I've got to take risks sometimes. I pressed accept.

 

Kris: Hey sweetheart