Four

The Stories of a Fat Girl [HIATUS]

Kwon Jaera. How can I even begin to describe Kwon Jaera? Kwon Jaera has it easy. She's skinny, popular, pretty and she's rich. She has two older brothers who dote on her and one of them has a girlfriend who spoils her too. She has the teachers' approval and is basically best friends with all of them. She wins awards, all leadership positions, she's excels in so many sports, is part of the school musical every year. Kwon Jaera can be described as flawless. So flawless that it irks me. She can be nice but she can also be such a . Alas, that's how popular people are. But that's just from my experiences. Kwon Jaera is a flawless . So it shouldn't have been a surprise when Sehun, a popular guy in the school, told me they were dating. It's ordinary for two popular and good looking people to start dating.

 

I guess I was surprised because she didn't seem to be his type. I thought he'd be the type to like girls who'd hang out at his place wearing baggy shirts and mismatching socks and watching a crap movie with him just to be with him. I thought he'd be with a girl that's almost like one of the guys. But after all, he is a man and there's no doubt that a man would always be attracted to a pretty and perfect girl. There are of course couples who prove that not all guys are fall in love with beautiful females and not all girls are fall in love with hot males. But a guy is a guy and will look at pretty girls. Sehun is a guy too.

 

But as his best friend, I'd love to call myself that because we do seem the closest despite only knowing each other for two years, I wished that he could've at least told me what was going on between them beforehand. A simple confession of 'I like Kwon Jaera' would've been nice. Then announcing 'I asked her out' or something along those lines. After all, isn't that what friends do? Or am I not his friend? Which brings me to another point.

 

What if he's so preoccupied with Jaera that he forgets about me? I mean, I still have Jinri, Suho and Jongin (plus Taemin perhaps) but they're not the same as Sehun. They wouldn't rant with me about Mr Park being a stupid and nosy . They wouldn't rant with me about the Year 7s not walking in the corridors properly. They wouldn't be like Sehun. That's why I call him my best friend.

 

 

 

A few days ago

 

We all gathered around our table in the courtyard one by one. I arrived there first to find a bunch of Year 7s sitting at our place. I know our names aren't carved on it or it isn't reserved but we aren't going to sit anywhere else. This table had been claimed by us when we were Year 7s and we will not move until we graduate. So I decided to be a little mean for once and I sat my down on the seat and didn't give any sign of moving. The Year 7s stared at me for a bit and then stopped, probably thinking I was just going to eat my lunch and go. But within the third bite of my sandwich, Jinri, Suho and Taemin arrived. They gave a disappointed look and was about to move away when I gestured for them to just sit down. Unlike them, especially Jinri and Suho, I could be firm and forceful. They always give in.

The three sat down awkwardly and glanced at the Year 7s.

"Stay sitting." I mouthed at them, hoping they'd take the hint. Taemin and Jinri understood, however Suho did not. He was meant to be the smart one in the group. He's kind of stupid. Jongin appeared next and immediately took a seat, understanding what was going on. After an awkward silence and some munching of food, the Year 7s finally gave in.

"Come on guys, let's go." One said and led the others to the garden. I smirked victoriously and munched on my sandwich happily.

 

"We could've just gotten another table." Suho pointed out and Jongin and I gave him a look that said 'are you serious'. When it comes to this table, I have become Sheldon Cooper.

"It's my spot." I said simply and threw away the packet of my sandwich.

"This is our table Suho. I'm not moving anywhere else." Jongin stated and Jinri agreed. I don't know why but there is always complaints about the Year 7s. I know that I was a Year 7 too and I probably had the same complaints about me. But now as someone who is not Year 7, I understand why and I take full responsibility. There is just this mutual thing going on with the older students about them. But some of them are nice, most of them are annoying. Once they complete the year, they're not annoying anymore though. However, there is one person who never stops being annoying.

 

"Ladies and gents." Mr Park greeted happily with a wide smile. Then he looked at me as if I was his target to annoy today. Though, he annoys me anyway.

"Sunhee, I didn't know Sehun was with Jaera. To be honest, I didn't think she was his type." He told me. I furrowed my brows and made a confused noise. After a moment's pause of thinking of what to say, I blurted out the dumbest thing to say.

"What?" It wasn't even a proper 'what'. It sounded like 'weigh' with the 'eh' sound dragging out.

"Sehun and Jaera dating. Jaera's friend let it slip." Sehun and Jaera are dating? What happened to the world? What is this sorcery?

"I didn't even know they were. I don't think any of us did." I said, looking at the others for confirmation. They all nodded, looking as shocked as I was.

"Huh, I'd have thought he would've told you guys. If it was meant to be secret, it wasn't me who told you okay?" Mr Park said and zoomed off, escaping the awkward atmosphere.

 

We sat in silence for a bit, trying to digest the information.

"Well that was…" Jinri started.

"Shocking." And Jongin finished.

"Why does Mr Park even know that? He sticks his nose into the students' personal lives. He's a teacher for Christ's sake." Taemin pointed out, frowning.

"Jaera's friend told him." Suho reminded but more questions arose.

"Why would she tell a teacher? What's the point?"Jinri asked.

"It's because he's Mr Park. The girls tell him everything." I rolled my eyes.

"I'd like to make a toast." Jongin suddenly gets up and raises his water bottle.

"Here’s to all the girls who tell Mr Park every irrelevant detail and to Mr Park's youth and good looks that lure in gossip." He said.

"Cheers!" We exclaimed jokingly and downed our water.

 

 

"Hey achos." Sehun came strutting. Sehun always had something different to call us. It could mean 'es' or 's' or '' or even just 'friends' in another language or some kind of internet slang. I made eye contact with Jinri, sending her the telepathic message of glaring at Sehun to which she responded with a slight nod. As usual, he took his seat next to me.

"Sunhee, did you finish geo?" He asked and opened his book. I shook my head slightly and sighed dramatically. Jinri giggled but immediately covered .

"Want to study tonight?" Sehun suggested and that's when I decided to let it drop.

"Why don't you study with your girlfriend, Jaera?" I said indifferently, taking a glance at the others. I caught a smirk from Jongin and as usual, Suho looked at us weirdly deciding that we are stupid and he is definitely smarter than us. Well, he never admitted it but it's quite obvious he thinks it by the way he acts. Sehun tensed and looked at me slowly.

"What?"

"You heard me. Why not study with Jaera?" I repeated, shrugging. Sehun sighed and put his book down.

"Because with Jaera, I would not study. How did you even know?" Suddenly, I came up with many different comebacks that would definitely start an argument. I tried to suppress it but they started to blurt out.

"But you know fully well that with me, you wouldn't study either. Unless of course I'm not fun anymore. Which brings me to my next point, what exactly would you be doing with Jaera tonight if not studying?" I squinted my eyes at him. At this point, Sehun's jaw was dropped.

"Whatever, what about you Suho?" He turned to Suho who simply nodded.

 

"You okay?" Jinri mouthed and I nodded. Perhaps I had gotten a bit too excited? That definitely wasn't meant to happen. I dismissed it quickly and stood up.

"Whatever, I'm getting cheese fries." I said and walked to the cafeteria.

 

"We are watching Mean Girls tonight!" 


Author's Note

Hey all, thanks for subscribing and commenting! Just want to remind you that this fic is not 100% true (for the sake of readers) so for you who are reading this that are in my school (you know who you are), calm down.

 

Also, I'm afraid that the format that Kris and Sunhee will be speaking in will be like the first time they spoke.

Example:

 

Sunhee: blah blah blah

Kris: blaaaaah blah blahhh

 

Because that’s what texts sort of look like…