Hammock Havoc (Cheon Jaein x Reader)

Collection of The Ark x Reader fics

JAAAAAAAAAANE! The little maknae of this group, oh she’s just so cute I cannot handle it! This fic is partly based off of an incident in my childhood. -,-

Seriously guys, take this game away from me before I get any crazier ideas.

Ah, this is a bit rushed since I’m sleepy. xD

To make up for the last two angsty fics, I’ll do a fluffy one! Hope y’all like it!

The key is as same as always!

[Y/N] = Your name

[E/C] = Your eye color

[H/C] = Your hair color

[Y/L/N] = Your last name

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Please hurry up, Jane!” pressed the fiery bird up in the sky, slowing his speed in order for the young human to catch up to it. His voice was boyish, and yet ripe with wisdom; a tone of worry was present as he flapped his wings harder.

Down on the ground ran the little human, breathing coming out in quick huffs. “Slow down, Lumen!” she called out to the phoenix above. She had just entered the dorm when the eagle-sized bird had tapped on the window, urging her to come see his master. Jane was beyond worried, as the avian creature was urging her to hurry up and was obviously impatient as hell. She eased her way through the sea of people, crossing the street in order to get to your home. Dread began to fester within her gut, did something happen to you?
Then again, you were a person who beats the daylights out of monsters for a living so it would be natural to worry about you. Her heart pounded in her chest, mumbling quick ‘sorrys’ and ‘excuse mes’ to other she had accidently bumped into. Taking a left at the next street, she finally found your humble abode. A small house with a backyard that was just right for the smaller of creatures you had befriended to relax and stretch their legs. It was in a quieter part of the city, so not much happened here.

The bird landed upon the girl’s shoulder, waiting for her to catch her breath. “Come along now Jane, my master is in trouble!”

Jane could hear your curses from a mile away; whatever it was that was making you swear that much had to be serious. Your voice was coming from the backyard, so Jane took in a deep breath and let it out. She strode forward, cautiously opening the gate. “[Y/N]?”

What Jane saw, was not what she was expecting at all.

Between two trees was a hammock tied to each of them. Er…what was supposed to be a hammock? It wound around your body, trapping you with ocean blue colored mesh. What a sad looking burrito you were.

“Oh…hi…?” silence reigned supreme as you and Jane stared at one another in this awkward situation. Er…kind of, in your case. You could partly see Jane through the fabric of the hammock, but it did cover most of your face so you could only see a faint outline. Your left arm was behind your back, twisting in the most uncomfortable of ways. Your ride was above you, fingers twitching nervously. Your legs were bound together because of the fabric that wrapped around you. All in all, you looked like an idiot.

Jane blinked once, and then twice. And then a wide smile began to spread to her lips. She soon burst out laughing, doubling over and clutching her stomach at your plight. Even Lumen was amused at your predicament, a sunset colored wing covering his beak in order to stifle his chuckles. You grumble under your breath, wiggling around in a pathetic attempt to free yourself. “This isn’t funny!” you whine to them, it was extremely uncomfortable.

A complete minute later, Jane soon finished her laughing fest. The girl leaned against the wall, catching her breath and wiping away the tears from laughing too hard. Lumen began to lightly fan the girl’s red face. “Oh my god, unnie,” She said between a series of miniscule laughs. Standing up straight, she walked over to where you were…or at least where she hoped your face was, and flicked your nose playfully. “The great [Y/N] [Y/L/N] who can defeat any sort of creature known to man, and you lost to a hammock.”

You hiss angrily, pouting and huffed out, “Hammocks are evil okay?!” you wiggle around again, trying to find some sort of freedom for your poor aching body. “I was taking a nap and then I got too close to the edge or something and I ended up like this!”

Jane snickered, a bright smile playing upon her lips. She coyly twirled a strand of her ebony hair around her finger, giving you a crafty smirk. “I don’t know, jagi,” she taunted, leaning closer to you. “I find this hilarious you know?” she reached into her pocket, pulling out her cellphone. “Maybe I should take a picture and send this to the others.”
“Please no!” you yelp out in horror, now beginning to worm around pitifully within your blue burrito. The trees shook lightly, as a few leaves fell to the ground. “I have a reputation of a cool badass to uphold!” you beg, now swinging back and forth in order to try and get yourself loose, and our knock the phone out of Jane’s hands.

She laughed again, taking a step back. “Oh come on, [Y/N]-unnie. We all know that you’re not the cool badass you claim to be.” Jane reminded, reaching a hand out to stop you from swinging any further.

“She does have a point you know. You did turn into a literal blushing and stuttering mess when you confessed to Jane.” Lumen retold with a wide -eating grin.

“If I wasn’t trapped right now, I would cook you for dinner.” You hissed out at the phoenix, before turning your [E/C] orbs back to Jane. “Jaein-ah, can you help me get out of this mess?”

“I don’t knooow~♪” taunted Jane, still holding her cellphone in her hand. “This situation is picture worthy.” She weighed her options, looking down at you with a wide smirk.

You sigh before saying, “I’ll buy you all the chocolate you want for the next month.”

That seemed to catch Jane’s attention. Her brown orbs sparkled with glee at the thought of getting all of the chocolate she could ever want for the next month. “Really?” she questioned to you, giddy like a child.

“Yes Jane, I will buy you every single chocolate in the entire damn market if you want me to. So please help meeee~!” you whine, sticking out your bottom lip.

Jane nodded, saluting. “Got it.” She said, running to wear you had tied the hammock to the trees and began to untie them. The bottom half of your body was gently lowered to the ground and then Jane began on the upper part. She knelt down, pushing you, unraveling the fabric of the hammock and freeing you from the burrito-esque prison.

“Freedoooooooom!” you shout in pure excitement, jumping up to experience the wiggle room you so desperately need after ten minutes of being wrapped up in the mesh. Turning to Jane, you quickly bring her into a hug, lifting her up and spinning her around. “Thank you, jagi~!” you squeal, bringing her in for a loving embrace. You start to pepper kisses upon her cheeks, forehead, and finally her lips.

“You’re embarrassing me, [Y/N]-unnie!” wails the girl with a pout and a blush.

You smile, pressing another kiss to her forehead. “Ah you’re too adorable for words.” You murmur playfully, kissing her cheek.

“Blech,” you both look up in the tree where Lumen perched. The bird rolled his golden hues in annoyance, “You humans are sickening. Specifically you two.”

Jane huffed, her cheeks puffing out in irritation. You pout as well, almost mirroring the look upon Jane’s face. “Come down here and say that to my face, Lumen!” challenged Jane, shaking her fist up at the bird.

You chuckle, pressing another kiss to your love’s forehead before going back to the hammock on the ground. “Hey Jane,” Jane turns around to stare at you holding the hammock. You smile, and hold it up, “You wanna try and put it up?”

“You sure?” questioned the younger, taking the other side of the hammock. “I don’t want to end up in a burrito.” She teased with a laugh.

You scoff, going to tie the first end to one of the trees. “We’ll be careful this time!” you assure. With a giggle, Jane nodded, heading to the other tree to tie the hammock up.

Once done, the two of you took a step back, observing the work you had done. Jane was the first to climb on, beaming with happiness as you joined her. The younger rested her head on your chest, listening to the steady beat of your heart. “This is nice,” murmured the younger. A soft breeze flew through the trees as the hammock gently rocked back and forth. You yawn and not long after, so did Jane. The peaceful scene was slowly lulling you both to sleep.

You begin to hum a familiar tune and this caused Jane to beam, cuddling closer to you. It was their song, The Light. Jane giggled, soon singing the chorus softly as you provided the music. Soon, you both feel into a peaceful slumber, comforted by the rustling of the wind.

“Unnie you smell nice, did you get a new perfume?”
Jane!”

 

 

Bonus:

“I told you hammocks are evil.”
“Then why did you want us to put it back up in the first place?!”

“Because I wanted to make you happy!” you pout cutely, despite the predicament you two were in. Yet again you found yourself caught within the trap of the hammock; it coiled around you both, uncomfortably squeezing you two together. Jane’s glare never left, and it was rather unsettling as your faces were practically pushed up against one another.

“Pabo.” Jane grumbled out, puffing out her cheeks yet again.

But the close proximity could work for you. You lean in, ready to press your lips against hers

“What in the world are you doing to our maknae?!” shrieked a familiar voice.

You both cringed, knowing who it was. “Ah, hi Yuna-unnie.” Greeted Jane with a nervous chuckle. “Can you help us?”

Minju and Halla rushed to two trees supporting the hammock, untying the bond before slowly setting you both on the ground. Yujin and Yuna helped untangle you both from the mesh, the latter sporting a stern glare. She crossed her arms, glaring down at you both. You and Jane anxiously smile up at her, from your place on the ground. “Well?”
“Did [Y/N]-unnie hurt you, Jane?” questioned Halla, pulling her groupmate away from you and into her arms.

“We weren’t doing anything, I promise!” whined the maknae, flailing her arms slightly in order to get out of the slightly older girl’s hug. “We were just taking a nap and it turned into something horrible!”

Minju stood beside Yuna, a playful glare also directed at you. Yujin strode over to the younger girls, also joining Halla in coddling and scolding the maknae. You held up your hands in a none-threatening manner, meaning no harm. “Am I not allowed to cuddle Jane or something? We are together.”

Minju bent down, flicking your forehead with her finger. “Jane ran off when your bird arrived. And since she didn’t come back for at least thirty minutes and didn’t answer her phone, we came to find her. We figured she was here since you two are always giving each the lovey dovey eyes.”

“You weren’t trying to influence her were you?” interrogated Yuna, as she and Minju helped you to your feet.

You stared at them, mouth agape in shock. “ME?!” you pointed to yourself. “Excuse me but Jane-“ a dainty pair of arms wrapped around your waist, and it caused all of the tension and anger to just melt off your body. You sigh, bringing Jane in for a sideways hug. She buried her face into the crook of your neck, inhaling softly, and was comforted by your presence.

“Aw,” cooed Yujin and Halla as Minju and Yuna quickly pulled out their phones in order to snap a picture.

“Yeah you do smell nice, [Y/N]-unnie. You smell like lavender.”

Cheon Jaein!”