A Bouquet of Dark Pink Roses

Collection of The Ark x Reader fics

Alrighty! So Yujin is next! *cracks knuckles* I hope I still got the touch! If there’s any sort of spelling and or grammar errors, I apologize. I work on this so fast that I often forget to check. ^^”

Also you guys might need to take the game Folklore away from me, because everything in this game is just fueling my imagination.

The key is as same as always!

[Y/N] = Your name

[E/C] = Your eye color

[H/C] = Your hair color

[Y/L/N] = Your last name

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m okay.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

No. You’re. Not.”

“Yes. I. Am!”

An exasperated sigh was heard. “[Y/N] [Y/L/N], you are literally bleeding out on the floor. Shut up and let me help you.” You reached out with your left hand, hoping to push your girlfriend away but gave you a harsh look, warning you to still. You sigh in defeat, slumping against the wall as Yujin began to search for the first-aid kit…for possibly the umpteenth time this month.

“Tsk tsk tsk, master. You need to stop being so bloody reckless.” A familiar silky feminine voice reached your ears with a scolding. You roll your eyes, feeling a set of furry paws bat at your [H/C] locks. Your [E/C] turn to meet a Cat Sidhe, one of the many creatures you have befriended on your travels. Her name was Cheshire or Chess for short. You named her after the Cheshire Cat once you saw her long mischievous and creepy grin. Her midnight black fur sparkled within the artificial light of the room, and stood upon her hind legs, showing off the white dot upon her chest. Now upon her hind legs, she was at least an inch taller than your sitting form.

Her paws rapped at the top of her your head, further scolding you for your carelessness earlier today. “Miss Yujin doesn’t want her girlfriend to ing die eh? So stop doing extremely careless things in battle!”

Her ears perked up at the sound of footsteps, and the both of you glanced up to see Yujin, holding the familiar white box. She knelt down beside you, and you removed your hand from the open wound at your side. Chess stood back upon all four legs again, watching the younger woman start to clean the injured area. You hiss, feeling the stinging solvent splash upon the wound, as if someone began to slowly scrape your skin off with a dull blade.

“So what did you do this time?” Yujin questioned, not looking straight at you, busying herself with her work. Strange…she sounded…miffed?

“Ah…well…” you begin to say; nervously rubbing the back of your neck, before Chess practically beats you to it.

“Master pissed off a kumiho and it whooped her .” The cat slyly answered, showing off her signature greatly disturbing grin, her crystalline amethyst eyes sparkled with glee. The cat did save your life from the nine-tailed fox, but it was in her sly nature to keep on teasing you.

Your [E/C] hues gave a harsh glare to the Cat Sidhe, about to flip her off but you felt a hand upon yours. It was trembling, and squeezed yours in a deathly grip, not wanting to ever release it. Hell it might cut off your blood flow. You sat up straight, a stiff silence setting in as you glance down at the younger girl who tended to your wound. Strands of hair covered her eyes, not wanting to look at you. Oh dear. “Yujin-ah?” you cautiously call out to her. You reach up with your free (and bloody) hand, taking the upmost of care not to either startle her, get any of your blood on her, or heaven forbid harm her.

“Pabo,” Yujin murmured under her breath, voice distant and tone unforgiving. Your hand stilled, not wanting to further anger her, and let it fall back down to your side. Chess joined the silence, not uttering another peep as she watched Yujin tend to you. Fifteen minutes passed of nothing but the sound of silence within the atmosphere, weighing down upon the three of you like a dense fog. Several times you and Chess opened your mouths in order to spark up a conversation, but Yujin paid no heed and kept on ignoring you.

The deed was done and Yujin finished patching you up. “I’ll clean up the mess.” She offered, still not looking straight at you, but before you could even try and protest to her, it was Chess that spoke up.

“I got this ladies, go get some rest.” The cat assured with a grin, her ebony paw gesturing to the bedroom you two shared. “Go on.” She urged, pushing her fuzzy head against your right hip.

You glanced up at Yujin, and used the wall to help you stand. You offered her a small unsure smile, and she could only give you one in return before heading off to the bedroom first. You sigh, heading to the sink to wash the blood on your hands before following after her. A clean set of clothes lay upon the bed, with Yujin lying upon the auburn sheets, with her back turned to you…either out of the respect of privacy or she was still upset with you. You didn’t know to be honest.

The silence still lingered as you changed out of your blood-soaked clothing, tossing them into a separate laundry basket saved for such occasions, and slip on the t-shirt and yoga pants. You sigh in relief, feeling comfortable in the comfortable clothes. Your [E/C] eyes turned back to Yujin, seeing her in the same position as before. You sigh, slowly getting into bed with her, wrapping an arm around her waist. “Yujin-ah,” you coo softly.

Sniffle

Your eyes widened, oh , you ed up. You cautiously shake her shoulder with the gentlest of care. “Yujin-ah?” you call out again in a whisper.

After what seemed like forever, Yujin turned towards you. Her eyes were puffy red, and it worried you to no end. Panic rose within your ribcage and watched as the younger buried her face within your chest, as if she wanted to listen to your heartbeat to confirm you were alive. “You are the biggest idiot on the face of the earth.”

“I know.” Your hand began to her hair in soothing rhythmic patterns.

Yujin shifted slightly, not wanting to cause any further harm. “You could have died.” Her voice began to crack.

“I know,” you murmur again, biting your bottom lip nervously. “But I’m here.” You declare gingerly, slowly pushing Yujin away so you two could look one another in the eyes. Your hands cupped her cheeks, with your thumbs wiping away the falling tears. “Yujin, I told you that it was a huge effort in dating me. You’re a normal human, an angel,” you leaned in to press a kiss to her forehead, lingering there for a bit longer. “I, on the other hand, dance with death every week. You don’t deserve me, no one does.”

More tears began to pour out of the eyes of the woman you love, and yet again she buried her face within your chest. She held you close, tighter to her own body, not wanting to let you go, ever. “No,” she murmured, as you felt her tears begin to stain your shirt. She lifted her head, looking at you in the eyes, and lifted a hand to caress your cheek. “You’re perfect, it’s just that…”

“You didn’t expect me to chase after mythical creatures every week and nearly get killed?” you chuckle softly as Yujin nodded. “Oh,” you sigh, leaning in to press a soft kiss to her lips. “I’m sorry.” You whisper. “If you want, I can stop searching for creatures for a while.”

Yujin kept silent but sighed in return, pressing a kiss to your lips. “It’s okay. As long as you’re more careful.”
“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m okay with it. But,” her hands bring your face closer to hers, letting your lips meet in another soft kiss. “Just be more careful.”

You nod, “Of course, I will. Chess will make sure of it.” You chuckle, bringing her in closer and kissing the top of her head. Yujin chuckled, finally smiling an adorably sweet smile. She began to hum a lullaby; you always loved it when she sang to you like this. It always helped you sleep. You began to hum along, joining her in chorus until the both of you drifted off to sleep.

 

The next morning, Yujin woke alone in bed. Her brown orbs widened in horror, as she shot up. She glanced around the room, looking for any sort of signs of you. Your side of the bed was cold. Panic began to override her every being until her eyes finally settled upon a pretty little sight on the nightstand. Crawling over to it, she couldn’t help but smile and chuckle.

A bouquet of dark pink roses rested within a vase, all surrounding a single crimson rose smack-dab in the middle. A card lay beside it, so Yujin picked it up.

Yujin-ah,

Do you know what roses means? Ah, I’m sure you do! But different colors of this flower have significant meaning!

Take the red rose, it means ‘true love’ right? Well, dark pink roses mean ‘thankfulness’ and a bouquet of blooming roses means ‘gratitude’. I love you and I’m always thankful and eternally grateful for you always staying by my side.

Now hurry up and wake up so we can eat breakfast! It’s gonna get cold and Chess will eat your share.

Love ~ [Y/N] ♥

A laugh was heard from her, partly echoing within the empty room. She set down the card and took a whiff of the gorgeous flora, smiling to herself before getting out of bed and joining you for breakfast.

 

Bonus:

“Stupid ing hungry Cat Sidhe being an absolute asshat and-“
“[Y/N].”

“I swear to god if she wasn’t my friend I would-“

“[Y/N].”

“One of these days I am going to skin-“

Before you could even get another word out, Yujin grasped your face and pulled you in for a kiss, leaving you breathless for the briefest of moments. When you two parted, a cheeky little grin was present upon the younger woman’s face as a bright red blush decorated your cheeks.

Chess’ maniac laughter was soon heard from the couch but you ignored her and pulled Yujin in for another kiss.