Purple Hyacinth (Part 1) (Jeon Minju x Reader)

Collection of The Ark x Reader fics

WHO’S READY FOR MORE SAD ?!

I was playing more Folklore again, and then I read some sad , and now I want to write sad . Are y’all ready???

Don’t kill me please.

Remember Bolt, Chess, and Lumen? They’re here again!

The key is as same as always!

[Y/N] = Your name

[E/C] = Your eye color

[H/C] = Your hair color

[Y/L/N] = Your last name

WARNING: Violence, strong language, blood….guns….also I do not know how guns completely work, I’m just going off with what I know.

Also I’m separating this into two parts since it’s taking me too long to write the entire thing. Holy ….7 ing pages….

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thak thak thak thak thak

“Master?”

Thak thak thak thakthakthak

“Oi! Master!”

Thakthakthakthakthakthakthakthak

“Hey master!”
WHAT?!”

Three creatures jumped back in fright at your raised voice, practically loud enough that your neighbors could hear. A Barghest, Cat Sidhe, and phoenix stood on the tiled floor, warily eyeing the stainless steel knife in your dominant hand. You blink in confusion, before glancing down to see how tight your hand gripped the handle of the blade. Your knuckles began to turn a ghostly white and the chopped vegetables upon the cutting board were practically the size of peas! You sigh in agitation, placing the knife back down on the wooden cutting board, before going over to wash your hands in the sink.

Picking up the tray, you dump the pea-sized cut veggies into the pot of steaming broth, watching it simmer and bubble. You sigh, taking the spoon and mixing it, watching the thick amber liquid engulf the produce.

“It’s been an hour since you came back from that outing with Miss Minju, and you haven’t spoken to us.” Bolt was the first to speak, tentatively asking you why you were giving them the silent treatment. He took a light step forward, his paws making no sound or leaving any print upon your floors. “Has the deed…been done?”

You stop moving, chewing the bottom of your lip, unsure of how to tell the three creatures what had transpired an hour ago. You sigh, lowering the heat of the stove and turning to face the trio of critters. “You really want to know?”

They nod.

You sigh once more, inhaling deeply before telling the events that took place just over an hour ago.

 

 

~An hour ago~

[Y/N]?” Minju called out to you, her hand reaching out to envelop yours in a veil of warmth and love.

You glance up from your lap, not being able to look the blonde in the eyes. You two sat at the park, on a bench under a tree. You called your girlfriend here to meet you, saying that it was urgent. And it was. Your [E/C] orbs were filled with nothing but regret for what you were about to do. But you had no other choice.

“Are you okay, jagi?” Minju softly questioned, her voice lowering to a whisper. She scooted closer to you, trying to bring you some sort of comfort. But you wouldn’t have that.

You scoot further down the bench, trying to put as much distance between you and the ray of sunlight as you possibly could. Your hand left hers, returning to your lap. You took in a deep breath, now gaining the courage to look at the young woman in her gorgeous brown eyes. They shone with nothing but concern. She was generally scared. The way you seemed to distance yourself from her did not bode well.

This was it.

You inhaled deeply yet again and let the words you never wanted to say to your love spill from your lips.

“I never loved you, Minju.”

The world ceased to function. Time terminated itself at the pure horror that took place here. Your voice did not waver, nor did it possess any sort of emotion. But the look upon the blonde’s face made it all worse. Her coffee-colored orbs painted over with horror and b tears. Her body tensed, her lips creasing down into a frown. “Y-You’re kidding me? Right, [Y/N]?” her voice started to crack, her tone full of disbelief. You did not just say what she thought you said…right?

Her hazy brown hues now frantically began to search your own [E/C] orbs, desperately trying to find the reason behind this sudden development. What she saw was nothing. Eyes are normally the windows to the soul, yours especially so. But she saw nothing. Your eyes were empty, deadpan even. It was as if all emotion left your entire being, leaving you soulless…and heartless. “You heard me, Minju.” You lean in closer, and closer, to the point your noses touched. You bore into her weeping eyes, watching as a single tear fell from her beautiful brown eyes.

Oh how that knife began to further gorge out your heart.

“I’ll say it again,” you then hiss out, your pitch falling low and threatening. “I. Don’t. Love. You.” Tears now began to stream down Minju’s cheeks like an unyielding waterfall. You lean back, distancing yourself from her. Oh the girls were going to absolutely despise you. Two fingers lifted the young woman’s chin up, in order for you to look her in the eye. “You were nothing to me. Just a mere toy to distract me from my work.”

Images of the past began to whiz through your head of the times you spent together. The kisses you shared were like a dream come true. The cuddles you shared were sweeter than chocolate. The intimate moments you have shared were some of the most wonderful things you have ever experienced. But it was time to end all that.

You stand, turning your back to your former love and take one step forward, away from her and away from your past. You felt her hand reach out, gripping your wrist, begging you not to go. “[Y/N],” she whispered, tears overflowing. She stood upon her feet as well, wanting to get on even ground with you. “Don’t go, have I done-“

“Don’t touch me!” you push her away, she fell backwards with a yelp of fright. Luckily her fall was stopped by the wooden bench. Warm chocolate orbs stared up at you, tears flowing freely and without end. Your gut clenched tightly, wanting to comfort her, take her into your arms and tell her everything was a lie. But you couldn’t. This was reality. “This is reality Minju.” You say still now sign of emotion within your voice. You turn you back to her again, “And this is goodbye,” and walk.

But every step you took caused your heart to chip. And shred. And impale itself upon a stake. You could hear Minju’s soul-wrenching sobs and felt tears begin to prick your eyes. But you kept your head aloft…and didn’t look back.

 

 

Silence blanketed the kitchen in a thick sheet of anguish, the three creatures unsure of what to say to comfort you. “Master,” yet again Bolt was the first to speak. He made his way towards your side, his humid nose poking your head. “You have made a tough decision, a foolish one, but a difficult one never the less.” His hellish eyes gazed up at yours; ready to speak again when the doorbell rang. You watch all three beasts quickly rushing upstairs in order to hide themselves from normal humans who did not know your secrets. The entire group knew of your career, after all, you had to show them proof when you started dating Minju.

You sigh, turning off the stove and heading to the door. Opening it, you were met with a familiar sight. It was none other than Minju’s groupmate, Yuna. A very pissed off Yuna. She stepped inside your home, getting up close and personal with you. Ah, so it was coming huh? Yuna reared her fist back, before unleashing her torrential rage upon you.

WHAM!

What the is wrong with you?!” you recoil backwards from the blow, feeling a familiar liquid run down your philtrum. You deserved that honestly. “Minju has been crying nonstop because of you! You hurt her!” you kept silent, letting her keep on speaking. “You’re scum, the lowest of the low.” She hissed out, wanting to punch you again. In fact, you had a feeling that all of them wanted to punch you. Who could blame them? You were lower than dirt.

“I know.” You answer, keeping your voice steady and without sentiment.

Yuna walked up to you, her stare full of detestation. She gripped you by the collar of your shirt, a intense fire decorating her normally joyful brown orbs, “If you even take one step near Minju again, I’ll kill you.” She released you from her death grip, and stormed out, closing the door behind her with a loud slam that rattled the wall.

The three creatures thoughtfully peeked out from the stairwell, watching you wordlessly walk back to the kitchen in order to grab a napkin to wipe your nose clean. Chess was the first to move towards you, she opened to speak but a dastardly cackle was heard behind her. Chess swerves around to hiss in warning, lowering her stance into a pouncing position. Bolt’s deep-throated growls echoed throughout the room, as heat began to radiate from Lumen’s body like a sunset-colored halo of wrath.

You abandon the blood-caked napkin, chucking it into the trash before swiping the knife off of the kitchen counter. “Come out you foxy . I’m not afraid of you.”

“Ah, it was worth seeing you get hit like that!” a sinister and spiteful voice filled the air, sending shivers down your spine. A woman strode into the living room, entering from the patio door, her feet made no sound as she took her sweet time to walk towards you. Her hair was white as snow, her eyes brown as dirt but held malicious intent for you, she wore a sleek white dress that accented her voluptuous curves. Her skin was a healthy pale, her posture graceful and poised, all in all she was an epitome of beauty and grace. But the strangest feature about her was the nine puffy tails that dragged across the tiled floor like a cape, further showing off her regal appearance.

Oh you wanted nothing more than to stain that pure angelic white with nothing but muggy crimson blood.

Her exquisite hands began clapping a slow ovation at your efforts to break Minju’s heart and earn the fury of the other four girls within The Ark. “I didn’t think you would actually do that.” She sneered, a smirk appearing upon her delicate lips. “You two loved one another so much and yet you willingly broke her heart in order to protect her.” She snickered an irritating giggle. “My how-“

SCHIIIING! Tinglingling!

The humanized fox effortlessly dodged out of the trajectory of your knife, watching it clatter against the smooth floor of your living room. A hand went to her chest in mock shock, “[Y/N], how could you?!” she gasped with fake gloom. “Why I have been nothing but good to you and this is how you repay me?”

“ off you bloody piece of furry !” Chess snapped, baring her fangs. You felt under the kitchen counter for one of the many concealed weapons within your home, your fingers curved around the handle, waiting for the right moment to use it. Your [E/C] never left the fox’s, waiting and watching.

With a murmur of an arcane language and a snap of her fingers, the Cat Sidhe, Barghest, and phoenix were soon trapped within a magical barrier. “There,” the humanized fox said, dusting off her hands with a smile. “No one shall disturb us now, my dear [Y/N].” she clapped her hands together in delight.

Your property had a special barrier around it, which allowed you to make as much noise and destruction as you want and no one shall notice a single thing unless they step inside the front door. Your magical capabilities specialized in barriers and illusions, which came in handy in this sort of situation. You watch as your three friends struggled against their bonds, eager to tear the humanized fox apart one part at a time. “If it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you’ll get.” You hiss out, venom dripping off of your lips.

The fox guffawed at your threat, rolling her muddy colored eyes. “I’m currently the most powerful creature in all of Seoul!” she was right. The entire city was her territory. She had the advantage, but that doesn’t mean you’ll go down without a fight. “What can you do to possibly defeat me?”

“I came here to Seoul in order to end your damned life and free the rest of the mythical creatures from your talons.” You yank the handgun from under the marble counter, arms steady as you aimed for her pretty little head. “And I aim to do it.”

She took a step forward, beginning to forge another illusion. You switch the safety off, and place your finger on the trigger, ready to fire. But to your horror, her appearance shifted into something familiar. Still wearing the same white dress, her tails disappeared and her hair began to turn into a familiar shade of blonde. She took another step, her skin changing in shade to match those of your beloved. Her disguise was complete, she opened to speak, and what came out of her lips, shook you to the very core. “Jagi?” her voice had changed, completely matching the speech pattern and pitch Minju would often use when she was with you. Her posture relaxed, opening her arms, as if she wanted to welcome you in for a hug. But you didn’t waver, you kept your aim and arms steady, biding for the right moment to shoot her. “You wouldn’t hurt me, right, [Y/N]?” she gave you a smile, one that rivaled the intensity of the sun. “Come here,” she whispered, trying to lure you in.

You pulled the trigger.

BAM! BAM!

Two bullets rocketed towards the disguised fox, and she quickly ducked under them, rushing back out into the backyard, ready to take the fight outside. You chase after her, gun in hand, ready to end all of this. “Minju” quickly took on her true appearance, a ghostly-white nine tailed fox that stood has tall as a horse. She jeered in challenge, baring her fangs, tails fanning out, and ready to fire off a volley of magic.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Three more shots rang out, surging towards the powerful vixen with a vengeance. One of her tails glowed an eerie violet, forming a shield around her body. The bullets hit the barrier, and melted into liquid metal before plopping down on to the ground. She countered with a barrage of ghostly purple flames, zooming towards you with an incredible speed.

A wall of sunset blazes surrounded your body, absorbing the purplish flares and merely empowering itself. Free from their chains of magic, Bolt, Chess, and Lumen burst out of the house, each of them ready to fight until the grisly end. The fox shivered in fright, uneasy under the enraged gaze of the wolf. Bolt and Chess went after her first, with Lumen soaring above them to unleash torrents of fire.

You shot off in a separate direction, taking a different approach than Bolt’s and Chess’ head-on attack. Lightning fizzed from another tail of the fox’s, streaming forward in a line towards the Barghest and Cat Sidhe. They dashed out of the line of fire, as you take your position behind the fox and shoot the last two bullets at the vixen.

They hit their mark, slamming into two of her tails. She yowled in pain, turning on her heel to unleash a fury of bladed wing at your position. Trees were sliced clean through, as the wind rushed past. You duck under one blast of sharpened gust but another hit your side, cutting open your skin as blood poured out without end. You hiss in pain, quickly retreating to find some cover.

“Not so fast!” the fox’s paws pounded the earth, summoning a boulder. She slammed her body into it, sending it careening towards your location. You had no time to react, the hunk of rock slamming into you, knocking the wind out of your lungs. You slam into the side of your home with a loud crash, tearing down a part of the wall and smashing into the television and glass coffee table. You groan, feeling light-headed and cringe in pain as the glass and debris began to dig into your skin. You were trapped under the weight of the television, and felt blood trickle down your head, dripping on to the debris-covered floor. Your vision was hazy, but you could see Bolt, Chess, and Lumen unleash volley after volley of attacks, trying to break through the impenetrable barrier the vixen had crafted within a spilt second. But she was weakening, you could tell. The purple barrier was starting to crack in several places; you had shot her tails earlier, partly weakening her powers.

You felt under the couch for the shotgun you hid, loaded with silver bullets and ready for use. You slowly pull it out, feeling more and more faint with every passing millisecond. You take aim, trying not to harm any of your companions but take down the fox.

One shot.

That was all you needed. One good ing shot. The silver-laced bullet will break the magical barrier into pieces and allow your companions to unleash hell upon the infuriating the fox. You inhale sharply, trying your damn best to ignore the sharp pain in your body…and fire.

The bullet hit its mark, shattering the barrier like it was nothing, and imbedding itself in her shoulder. Bolt charged, his maw clamping down on to a tail and wrenched with all his might. Chess pounced upon the fox’s head, her claws set free as she began to gorge out the eyes. Lumen swooped down, his sharp talons grasping another tail and tugged. The sound of skin being pulled from skin reached your ears and the howls of pain made you smirk. A pure white tail with a bloody mass at the end was spat out of Bolt’s jaw, and Lumen dropped the tail he had pulled out.

The partly blind fox rammed her head into a tree, knocking Chess off of her body. “I’ll be back!” she called out to you four. “I’ll be back and I’ll kill you all!” she soon disappeared in a veil of snowy mist.

The gun dropped from your grip, feeling all tension just fade away. You sigh, hearing the worried cries of your companions as they rush towards you. “Master, hang in there!” Bolt began to pry the heavy sheets of metal off of you, assisted by Lumen. Chess ran upstairs to find the aid-kit.

“Lumen…” you croaked out, feeling your strength fade away. You were just so tired…and so much blood was seeping into the cracks on the floor.

“Yes master? I am here.” The phoenix answered, after he and Bolt finally pulled the television off of you, depositing it elsewhere, and allowing you room to breathe. He landed beside you, his fiery orbs boring into yours, filled with nothing but concern and worry.

“I want you…to give Minju something.”

“What is it?”

“A flower of forgiveness…” were your last words before you felt the world spin. Your head hit the ground, and let the darkness seep into your mind. The wails of your friends were drowned out, and only one thing was in your mind as you faded away.

I’m sorry, Minju.