A Crown of Stock Flowers (Lee Halla x Reader)

Collection of The Ark x Reader fics

I’ve noticed that angst with a side of fluff just so happens to be my specialty. SO WHO’S READY TO GET HURT TODAY?! *is shot*

Oh this is not gonna end well for me, it hurts me just to write this! T.T

(Y’all please take Folklore away from me)

The key is as same as always!

[Y/N] = Your name

[E/C] = Your eye color

[H/C] = Your hair color

[Y/L/N] = Your last name

Buuuuuuuut…

[Y/F/C] = Your favorite color

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Do you trust me, [Y/N]?” soft hands cupped your cheeks, warm coffee eyes boring into your own [E/C] orbs. She leaned in closer, close enough to kiss. Your breaths mingled together, as your noses teasingly brushed against one another. You close your eyes, nervously biting down upon your bottom lip. The girl kept silent, patiently waiting for your answer.

“I…” you begin to say, your voice quivering with fright. What would she say? What would she think of you? Would she run? Run away like others would? Or would she stay? Would she be disgusted with you? Fear racked your soul, your brain ceasing to work, and your heart boomed in your chest. Your hands twitched nervously, lightly gripping the hips of your girlfriend tighter. “I don’t know, Halla-yah,” your voice barely above a whisper. You didn’t look into her eyes, instead now staring down at the ground.

It brought the girl grief beyond measure to see you this distraught. You were always so strong. Even when you were hurt physically or mentally, your confidence never wavered. You stood back up again, and fought back harder than ever. But the image in front of her was a broken you, refusing to look her in the eyes. Her hands left your cheeks, and wandered down to your hands, gripping them tightly and comfortingly. “Unnie,” she gently called out to you.

“I…I can’t,” you pull away, standing up from the bed and pace around the room. “I can’t, I can’t, I can’t, I just can’t.” you say out loud, wanting to just hurl off a cliff’s edge and plummet to your death.

“Yes you can, [Y/N]-unnie.” Assured a soft voice behind you. Halla stood from the bed as well, walking to you and wrapping her arms around your waist. “You’re strong, jagi. You can kill a man with your thighs alone. You always stood up after every single obstacle, and came back with a vengeance.” She turned you to face her, cupping your cheeks and offering you a bright and loving grin. She pressed her lips to yours, giving you comfort and warmth. Breaking away, she held you close again, letting you rest your head on her shoulder. “Even if you don’t want to do this, we can do it another time.” She whispers gently. She pulled away, walking over to the rectangular free-standing mirror on your vanity and picked it up, ready to put it away.

You sigh, rubbing your temples in agitation.

What have you done?

 

~A week ago~

 

“Jagi?” Halla questioned you, her head on your lap. She stared up at you with curious wonder, akin to a child’s.

“Yes?” you answer with a tilt of your head, gently her hair. She smile down at her softly, “What is it, Halla-yah?”

“I’ve noticed that there are no mirrors in your house, not even in the bathroom. The only mirror in this entire house is just in the guest room.” Halla sat up, inquisitively tilting her head to the right. “Why is that?”

You freeze. Eyes wide in horror and body stiffening. You scooted backwards on the bed, to the point your back hit the headboard.

Halla stared at you in worry, and upon realizing her error, covered in aghast. “I’m so sorry jagi.” She squeaked out, cautiously taking one slow movement towards you, as if you were a wounded animal and she did not want to cause any more harm than she already had done. “I shouldn’t have pried, I’m so sorry.” Tears partly lined her eyes, taken aback by your negative reaction. She finally reached you, bringing your larger frame into her dainty arms. She placed her head on your shoulder, murmuring “I’m sorry” and “Please forgive me” over and over like a mantra.

“Halla-yah” you mumble softly, your hand finding hers and intertwining your fingers. “You didn’t do anything wrong.” You tried to declare to her that you weren’t mad. “It’s just, mirrors are a touchy subject.” You kissed the top of her head, and wiped away the tears that threatened to spill. You took a deep breath, ready to spill why you reviled those pieces of reflective glass. “You know that I’m not human right?”

Halla nodded, staring up at you with concerned orbs. She cuddled closer to you, hand squeezing yours even tighter.

“I’m half fairy, and half human. I have a connection to the world that no one else will understand. Now fairies are normally rather vain creatures. They love hearing compliments and adore mirrors. I, on the other hand,” you pause, staring down at the hand you laced with your love. “Loathe them.” You hiss out.

“Why?” Halla softly inquired, reaching her free hand up to cup your cheek lovingly, forcing you to look her in the eye.

“Because I’m hideous.”

Halla’s eyes stared at you in pure shock, not believing your words. “Excuse me?” she questioned, wanting you to repeat your words.
“I. Am. Hideous.”

“…” Halla said nothing, and just stared at you in complete confusion.

You sigh, gesturing to yourself. “From my fairy lineage comes another form, it’s…rather hideous in my opinion. I’m a monster.” You shudder, remembering how wretched your other form was.

“Then you are blind.”

You glance up at Halla, quirking an eyebrow in confusion. “What?”

“You heard me.” Halla’s voice was full of determination, and anger. She reached out to you, cupping your cheeks in her hands. You could feel the warmth emanating from her skin, and her eyes glowed with love. “You are a blind fool. Because do you know what I see?”

You shook your head.

“A goddess.” Was her simple answer. She leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to your lips. Pulling away, she gave you a wide beaming smile, one that could make the sun shy away in shame. “I see an angel sent down from God. I see perfection. I see you, the most beautiful thing, in the entire world.” She pecked your lips yet again. “Show me your other form. I want to see it.”

“Next week.” You murmur, still reeling in from what just happened.

“Deal.”

 

 

“Halla-yah,” You say, reaching out a hand to gently grip her wrist. She paused, the mirror just about to enter her bag.

“Yes jagi?” You took the mirror from her, placing it back on your desk. “What are you doing?!” she gasped, not wanting to overstep her boundaries. If you didn’t want to do this, she didn’t want to hurt you! “Jagi?”

“I want to see myself,” you turn, offering Halla a sorrow smile. You tried to seem brave, as it was something new. You would be looking at yourself for the first time since you were a child…all those years ago. “And I want to let you see my other form.” You whisper, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

“[Y/N]-unnie,” murmured Halla in amazement, watching you take a step back, ready to begin.

You inhale sharply, closing your [E/C] orbs and murmur words unknown to man. “Kantiso illua, stor-rei, slyva.” The language of fairies fell smoothly from your lips, sending shivers down Halla’s spine.

And it began. Your skin began to glow softly, and your eyes began to shift into a stranger hue. Your hair began tinting to a different color, all the way to a pure snow white with [H/C] roots. Your [E/C] turned into crystals, as if you had diamonds for eyes. You felt the [Y/F/C] arcane markings begin to paint your skin, feeling as if a hot iron was pressed on to you. Swirls decorated your hands and feet, slithering vine-like patterns covered your legs and arms, your body was ornamented with ornate jagged lines that spread out from your heart like roots of a plant, and your felt the markings crawl up your neck like an insect; patterning your cheeks with cat-like whiskers.

You felt the scorching sensation fade away, and open your crystal orbs. “Tada,” you sarcastically say, waiting for Halla to recoil in disgusted horror.

The younger girl stared at you, mouth agape. Was this a good sign? A bad sign? You didn’t know. You stare at the ground, not wanting to see Halla’s revolted expression. You heard footsteps close in on you, and felt Halla cup your cheeks, causing you to stare into her eyes yet again. “You’re beautiful,” she whispered to you, voice dripping with nothing but love and pure adoration. She leaned in to pepper kisses upon each mark upon your face, before finally setting upon your lips.

“You lie.” You hiss out, your voice had drastically changed with the transformation. It became more sinister, unlike the normally calm and confident tone you often possessed.

Halla huffed, puffing out her cheeks. “Do you see what I see?”

You shook your head, wanting her to continue.

“Let’s start with your eyes,” Halla begins, kissing your eyelids. “I see stars that were ripped out of the sky and became your eyes.” She then reached a hand up to ruffle your snow-white locks. “And your hair is like silk,” she ran her fingers through your hair, causing you to shiver delightfully and purr like a kitten. “And looks like freshly fallen snow.” Her hands then cupped your cheeks again, thumb tracing over each and every mark upon your skin. “And these marks, they look like angels came down from the heavens and painted you with the most beautiful of colors.” You felt tears prick your eyes, “And I don’t know if you have wings or not but…”

You laugh nervously, “Nope, I never got wings.”

Halla giggled, leaning in to press another kiss to your lips. “But you’re gorgeous.” She gripped your shoulders, turning you around to look at the mirror upon the table. “Look at yourself,” she whispered softly, lightly pushing you forward.

You take a step forward, and then another, before you finally stood in front of the small mirror. Your diamond eyes widened, at the reflection shown to you. Halla was right, you were beautiful. You felt something be placed upon your head, and the reflection showed you that it was a wreath of beautiful pastel pink flora. You reach a hand up, taking the crown off your head and staring at the individual flowers that made it. “Stock flowers?”

“Do you know what they mean?” Halla questioned you with a coy smile.

You turn to face her, laughing as you knew the answer. “You’ve been looking up the language of flowers?” you teased between giggles.

Halla nodded, finding your laugh still the same even after your transformation. “They mean you’ll always be beautiful to me.”

“I knew that.” You scoff with a roll of your eyes.

Halla strode forward, taking the crown of flowers and placing them back upon your head. “And you’ll always be beautiful to me, jagi.” She whispered to you, leaning in to press a kiss to your lips.

You sigh, melting into the kiss as you reversed your magic, reverting back to your human form once more. Breaking the kiss, Halla smiled brightly, bringing you in for a loving hug. “I love you, [Y/N]-unnie.”

“I know, and I love you too…my little galaxy.”