Orange Blossom (Yuna x Reader)

Collection of The Ark x Reader fics

THS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PLAY TOO MUCH FOLKLORE AND FEEL LIKE CRUSHING HEARTS TODAY!!

Yuna is one of my bias within The Ark (Tied with Minju and Halla) AND I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN RIGHT NOW. Well…let’s get this -fest started. *hurls myself off a cliff*

I might make a part 2…just saying. If I get enough feedback I’ll make a part 2.

The key is as same as always!

[Y/N] = Your name

[E/C] = Your eye color

[H/C] = Your hair color

[Y/L/N] = Your last name

This is more or less dedicated to my friends on tumblr who gave me the oomph to write this! Hope y'all enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Knock knock knock

Yuna’s chocolate orbs glanced up from her chemistry homework, her neck and back partly sore from hunching over her desk. She glanced down at her watch, seeing that it read eleven at night. How long had she been studying for? Never the less, it didn’t matter now. She stood up, and walked towards the door of her apartment, heart pounding in her chest. She missed you so much; it’s been three months since she had last seen you, but only a week since your letters had ceased to her. They always came every day, via one of the mythical birds the two of you had befriended. But now…there was nothing.

There was no sign of the colorful bird that always brought news to Yuna from you. And frankly, the young woman was getting worried. She wondered if that meant something wretched was happening, were you hurt? Were you alive? She reached the door, inhaling and exhaling deeply as her shaky hand gripped the door knob and opened the door. She glanced ahead, seeing no one there. But there was a soft thumping of something hitting the carpet floor. She glanced down, seeing a large black wolf with hellish fiery orbs for eyes and held a letter in its maw. She felt like she had seen this creature before, but saw the familiar scar upon its snout, shaped like a bolt of lightning. “Bolt?” she questioned the canine, watching its fluffy tail wag ever so slightly faster.

Yuna moved aside, allowing the spectral creature into her cozy abode. Bolt waltzed in, wisps of black mist oozing from his paws. He was a Barghest, and one of your most loyal companions. However a sense of dread filled the entire body of the young woman; she remembered what you told her about these creatures when you first starting dating.

“Barghests are a symbol of imminent death, however Bolt won’t be hurting anyone anytime soon. So don’t worry about it Yuna.”

“Miss Yuna?” the woman was broken out of her trance by the baritone voice of the beast, which had placed the letter on the wooden coffee table in front of her pristine white couch. “Please take a seat.” His head was low, as if not wanting to stare at her in the eyes.

Yuna slowly nodded, making her way to the comfy couch and sat upon it. If Bolt was here…then it could only mean one thing. Tears pricked her eyes as she thought of the worst case scenario. “Bolt,” she began to say, voice wavering. “Ple-“

“Forgive me, Miss Yuna.” He bowed his head, interrupting what she was about to say. Bolt slowly got the confidence to stare into her eyes, and Yuna shivered. The hellish flaming hues bore into her soul, but there was a look of grief, regret, and agony.

Yuna felt the salty tears now begin to stream down her cheeks, covering her open mouth in horror. “No,” she choked out, shaking her head in disbelief, her tiny voice muffled by her hand. “Please, no.”

“Your dearest beloved, Miss [Y/N] [Y/L/N], has perished in the line of duty.” Bolt lifted up one hazy paw, pushing the letter towards the sobbing woman. “She thought about you until her end. She-“
“No, Bolt, stop.” Yuna demanded, unable to look at the hound or at the letter being pushed towards her. Her hands now covered her ears, shaking her head as she denied everything being told to her.  “[Y/N] would never do this, she’s okay and alive.”

Bolt kept silent, now staring back down at the rug upon the tiled floor.

He was unsure of how to explain this entire thing to her, she was distraught. Of course she would be. He saw it with his own eyes; the hurried letter you wrote to your girlfriend, ignoring the pain in your left side as blood poured out of your body at an alarming rate. Bolt took it upon himself to deliver that letter, as the rest of his mythical friends stayed behind, wanting to protect their friend till the end. Slowly he stood, walking over to the woman and sat down beside her. He rested his warm furry head on her leg, trying to provide her some sort of comfort.

Yuna glanced down at the sorrow-filled wolf, glancing over to the letter and picked it up, opening it. She felt something inside, and turned it upside down in order to let whatever was in there fall out.

Plink!

A ring.

But it wasn’t just any old ring.

 

~Seven months ago~

“Okay Yuna, open your eyes!” Yuna’s eyes finally opened after being kept in the dark for so long. She glanced around, a soft gasp leaving her lips at the sight.

A checkered blanket lined the emerald green grass, lying under a tree. Various dishes were present, outlined by the softly glowing lanterns handing from the tree. Yuna turned to face you, eyes sparkling with glee. “Did you do this? For me?”

You nod happily, a bright smile forming upon your lips. “Yes silly, who else would I do this for?! It is our 100 day anniversary after all.” you playfully laugh, pressing a kiss to her cheek. You took her hand in yours, leading her to the blanket, and sitting down upon it.
“This is too much,” Yuna murmured, staring up into the night sky. She glanced back at you, a wide smile stretching from ear-to-ear. “Thank you, jagi.” She murmured softly, pulling you in for a hug and kiss.

“Ah-ah-ah,” you chide, pulling back and wagging a finger at her. “This isn’t the end of my gifts.” You pull something out from your pocket, a small rectangular pastel orange box, tied together with a ribbon. Yuna cautiously took it from your hands, curiosity plaguing her every move. “Open it,” you softly urge with whisper.

Yuna nodded excitement in every fiber of her being as she untied the ribbon. Inside were two rings, shaped like orange blossoms. “There are,” she paused, glancing up at you in shock and amazement.

You smile, taking one of the rings, and Yuna’s hand, before slipping it on her finger. “I made them,” you explain with a nervous chuckle. It took some time for you to figure out how to craft the darn things, and you suffered several cuts because of it. “Yuna, do you know what orange blossoms mean?”

Yuna shook her head, but she obviously wanted to know by the look of her eyes.

You lean in, cupping her chin and bringing her in for another sweet kiss. “It means eternal love.” You murmur with a grin.

A laugh was heard from Yuna, before she brought you into her arms again, pressing another kiss to your lips. “You’re a dork.”

“Oh you love me for it.” You giggle with a wink. Yuna took the other ring out of the box, slipping it on to your own finger. She took a moment to admire them, the most adorable of smiles lighting up her face.

You both wished this would never end.

 

 

It was your ring. The ring you made. The ring Yuna had placed on your finger during that night. The young woman never took hers off, as it always reminded her how strong the love you two had for one another. With trembling hands, she picked up the piece of jewelry, noticing the light tinge of dried crimson blood upon one of the petals. “No,” she croaked out in a whisper. She set the ring back down, quickly reading your letter for any sign of this being a dream.

You had to be alive! You were the strongest woman she has ever known. It has to be a lie.

Dear Yuna,

By the time you read this, I might be gone from this world. I wanted to take the time to write my last letter to you before the worst happens.

I won’t go into full detail as to how I got into this mess, but let’s just say that…the mission I told you about…it didn’t end well. I lied to you in all of my other letters. I said I was fine, when I wasn’t. Trying to tame a demonic dragon prince is harder than it looks huh?

Yuna paused to notice a few splotches on the paper where it once seemed wet. Were you weeping as you wrote this letter?

Ah, do you remember when we first met? It was a rainy day on Seoul. You found me under a tree, in a secluded part of the park, fighting to stay alive when I was just bleeding out. How ironic huh? I’m kind of…bleeding out right now.

Yuna remembered that day clearly. The image of the broken you came to her mind, how weak you looked, and how you urged her to leave you alone. But she didn’t. She took you home and helped tend to your injuries.

Plip, plip, plip, plip

Yuna glanced down, noticing some of her tears hitting the paper. She quickly wiped the corners of her eyes, trying not to soil the paper anymore before taking in another series of deep breaths, mustering up the courage to read again.

But I’m getting side-tracked. Yuna, you were my angel. You took me in, and befriended me even though many would have avoided me because of my gift for taming mythical creatures. And for that, I cannot be more than thankful.

And as time went on, we become more than friends. I’ll never forget the day I finally mustered up my will to confess to you. Surprisingly, we both confessed at the same time! Ah, that was so cute, seeing you turn into a little cherry.

A giggle was heard from Yuna, remembering that fond moment of time.

Since then we have done many things together. And I’ll never forget these days I spent with you until the end, my little angel. Hey, I know you’re probably crying right now…but please don’t. Remember what I told you about the orange blossoms?

Yuna couldn’t help but nod, even though you really weren’t there at all. She was just reading words off of a piece of paper.

Do you remember what they mean?

“Eternal love,” choked out Yuna, as she read those two words in your final letter.

And that means I will always love you, even from the grave. Bounce back Yuna, you always do. Finish your studies and go kick some ! Do it for me, please?

She nodded once more, letting her tears hit the paper yet again. Bolt whimpered a pathetic whimper, his head not moving from her leg.

I’m trying to write this quick since I can ing hear the wingbeats of my death coming towards but…I’ll say it again, Yuna.

I love you, I love you with all my heart. And my love for you is eternal.

So don’t be sad for me. I’m going out in a blaze of glory after all! Ha! It’s not every day you get to punch a dragon in the face right?!

Anyway this is my final letter to you, Yuna. Remember that I love you, to infinity and beyond.

Forever yours,

[Y/N] [Y/L/N]

Yuna placed the letter upon the table, scooting off the table and bringing the black hound into an embrace. She buried her sobbing face into his fur, letting her weeps rack his soul and body. Bolt could do nothing now, you, his master, was dead. And he was free. But as he listened to the heart-broken sods of your love, he made his decision. He would protect her in your stead, as a final promise to you.

 

 

Somewhere, in a distant land, a pool of blood rested upon the barren murky ground. It was silent, eerily so. But a small stem slowly sprouted out of the blood, blooming into an orange blossom.