Replay (iv)

Little white lies

 


 

 

Why the is this door locked? Huh, I'm too tired for this. Dammit.

 

Slowly opening the door to their shared rooms with the other spare key, Sunny went in. She knew what happened but everything was still a blur.

 

“Yah Kim Taeyeon... What's going on? The kids are scared to death. They said you and Tiffany h-”

 

A lifeless leader came in sight. She was cooped up at one corner. Tears flowed down her cheeks but her eyes was not even aware of it. Shock was an understatement to Sunny because this is their leader we're talking about. 

 

Who never falters. 

 

Who never showed weakness. 

 

She wasn't a robot but she was stronger than steel. Or at least that's what they know.

 

Sunny ran towards the lifeless body and tried to help her up. Get her conscious right.

 

“Taeyeon ah! Omg what are you doing???? Get up. What the hel-“

 

But once again was cut when Taeyeon spoke. 

 

“Sunkyu ah... Lee Sunkyu... It hurts... It fu-ing h-hurts...”

 

What started with clear words turned into incoherent language when Taeyeon started to tremble. Sunny didn't know what’s going on but she knew that her roommate is breaking. Mentally. Taeyeon put her head onto Sunny's shoulder, near her neck and Sunny wrapped her arms around the fragile being. That's when she realized Taeyeon is in deep pain. Even her breathing was staggered.

 

Finally sitting on one of the beds and Taeyeon was still hugging her. She wouldn't let go. She wouldn't sleep. It was as if she was scared. But what was she scared of?

 

Her breathing had gone normal but her  lips were still trembling. 

 

Sunny caressed Taeyeon's back and she felt like she needed to know. She's been comforting her but she's still clueless to why. Gently, Sunny decided to ask.

 

“Taeyeon ah...”

 

“-mm?”

 

Taeyeon's voice cracked and Sunny felt sorry but she has to.

 

No, she needs to.

 

“...What happened?”

 

Taeyeon didn't want to talk about it. But it wasn't her rights to keep the news from Sunny. A group-mate. A friend. Her friend. So Taeyeon told her. From what happened, to what she said, to the fight. Because Sunny is the only one who has seen her most vulnerable state. There was really nothing to hide when it came to Sunny. She was everyone's pillar.

 

 

 

 

 

-3.30 a.m.-

 

 

 

Their song could be heard as her ringtone. It has been going off for a whole day and she'd been rejecting most of them. 

 

 

 

Sunny Bunny

 

 

 

But Sunny deserves better. Sunny was the group's secret bank. 

 

With trembling hands she picked up, "H-Hello.."

 

Instead of sobs, she was greeted back with a sigh.

 

“Huh... Sica ya, why are you doing this? I’m trying so hard, looking for anything that makes enough sense to lead us to this. Non came. So why?”

 

Sunny didn't want to burden the latter with more tears, more pain because she knew it had to be hard for her too. She didn't want to put more pressure on her when she knew that that girl is as strong as glass. Mentally. Physically. Spiritually.

 

“Sunny ah...... Sunkyu ah…you don't have to know... It's my choice. I just wish you guys would stop trying to reach me, asking for explanation. I'm not coming back and that is final. We-”

 

“I KNOW!”

 

Sunny was losing her patience. She doesn't need to be told that the girl wants us to stop. But she has every rights to know the truth. That is the least of her debt.

 

“I ing know Jung Sooyeon..”

 

She cried.

 

“I'm not going to beg you to come back, not that I'm okay with it but you know... I get it. I always get it. We're hopeless now. I just want you to be honest with me. Can't you at least do that for me? For my own comfort? You owe me that much...”

 

“I-I know... Mianhae Sunkyu ah... I can't. It's stuck in my throat. I couldn’t and I guess it also means that I shouldn't.”

 

“It has been easy for these past 10 years... so why is it hard now? Why is it hard when I want to listen? Why is it hard when I need to hear you? Why is it hard when right now, the only thing I want is somekind of proof showing you are not selfish, Sica ya…?"

 

“I just...Lo-”

 

“Your abrupt decision disappoints me. Your attitude disappoints me. Your excuses disappoint me.”

 

Jessica was in the brink of collapsing when she heard those words.

 

Words she could never imagine Sunny saying. Her Sunny.

 

“But you know what disappoints me the most?”

 

“You.”

 

And she fell. Hard. Bawling. Begging. She couldn't breathe again.

 

That voice. 

 

That tone. 

 

It was all too unfamiliar.

 

Everything’s different now. It's hard, even for her, the cause of this mess, to adapt.

 

 


Sunsica