VIII

Inside The Asylum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII

 

 

 

“Sir, we’ve finally found out something from Lee Donghae’s footage.” The man in front of the massive monitors showing different places of the establishment said in all seriousness. The clicking sounds around them were fast and quite loud it was kind of irritating.

 

 

Eyes flitted to the screens in front of him, letting out a nervous sigh, “What is it?”

 

 

“He..” The man fidgeted for a second. “What he was mumbling to himself? We finally deciphered them. We know what caused his outburst.”

 

 

Dr. Park who had been studying the footages on the monitors gazed away to look at the staff in surprise and disbelief. “What? How did you do that?”

 

 

“By Dr. Lee’s orders, we had studied them carefully. Fortunately, we found a program that allowed us to understand what he was saying. It’s better if you see it for yourselves, doctors.” The man turned and motioned for the two experts to follow him once again. They were led to the left side of the room Lee Jinki had recognized to be the section for the facility Lee Donghae was in. “We imported the video to this program and decoded what he was murmuring as correctly as possible.”

 

 

The man ordered his colleague to open the file and immediately the same video Jinki had seen a couple of days ago appeared. The man handling the computer started to click on some buttons and later on the volume was , zoomed in on Donghae’s sleeping face. “The translations will be shown as subscripts. Please do understand that there would be some grammatical errors since the program had to base the translations through his lips. It wasn’t easy and we had to call for an expert to help us.”

 

 

“You called someone from the outside? Didn’t I strictly order you to keep this confidential?” Jinki stepped forwards.

 

 

“No, s-sir. I assure you he didn’t find out anything. We had him to upgrade the program and that’s all. Also sir, please know we haven’t watched the translated version yet. As you directed, we had it confidential and so we aren’t able to correct the errors on the paraphrases. You are the only ones to watch this.”

 

 

Hearing this, the doctor’s boiling anger died down and nodded at the man. “Very well. Thank you for your hard work.”

 

 

“It’s nothing, sir.” The latter nodded back and bowed. The man on the seat also stood up ready to leave the room but added first, “If you press this button, the video will automatically play with the translations.” He pointed to a button on the extended keyboard and bowed as well. Soon enough, the two doctors were left alone inside the room.

 

 

“Let’s see what really happened then..” Jinki took the man’s seat while the other sat next to him. He pressed the button and breathed deeply. Readied himself for the revelations of Donghae’s episode and maybe then, he will be able to finally know what’s going on in his head.

 

 

Studying Donghae’s countless files are very tiring and he knew Dr. Park who had been faithfully devoted to them has also felt the same. Dr. Choi, however, was another case. Yes, the youngest doctor might be there looking and skimming through his fair share but other than that; he’s not making any initiatives to show that he was also dedicated to this case. He even fought with Donghae. It was quite funny hearing him rant like a teenager but he also was supposed to be a professional. And he shouldn’t be that impatient especially in the field of his work. Somehow, Jinki had this feeling that his workmate hated to be a part of this case. He didn’t know why exactly he would be but it was just kind of obvious at some point. Yet, if Choi Siwon did not want any involvement with the treatment of Lee Donghae, he could just easily quit.

 

 

There was also that… way that Siwon does when it came about Donghae personally. Like he knew him. Like he knows who he truly is. As if him and Donghae were somewhat accumulated with each other. He doesn’t talk about him like he was their patient but a lot more than that.

 

 

But maybe he was just imagining things too. Maybe it was the fatigue. Yes it was.

 

 

“What the hell?” He was pulled out of his reverie when he heard the other doctor curse loudly. He looked back up to the monitor to see that moment when Donghae started to shake off his jacket. It was really weird and… scary. It still gave goose bumps on his skin.

 

 

“I don’t know how in the world he did that but I know it isn’t anything normal.” He replied getting the elder’s attention.

 

 

“I cannot agree with that more.”

 

 

“No, it’s just. It is impossible for anyone and especially Donghae to do something like that. And he’s been inside that jacket far too long. How could he just shrug it off like that?” He leaned forwards deciding to keep his focus mainly on the video.

 

 

“Much more that he is asleep.” Dr. Park added.

 

 

“Unless..” When Jinki turned, the other had already looked back at him. Both of them wore confused yet suspicious looks, eyebrows furrowed together.

 

 

“But that can’t be. Why are his eyes closed then?” They returned their gazes back to the screen where it showed now how Donghae broke free from the jacket and was sliding it off his thin arms.

 

 

It took long before Dr. Lee found his voice again. His voice tinted with utte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter