II

Inside The Asylum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

 

 

 

The next time Donghae woke up two people were inside his room. One was sweeping the floor and the other one was standing by his bed holding two cloths. “Donghae-ssi, do you mind if I change your bed sheets?” He asked carefully.

 

 

Donghae nodded and raised himself to which the guy immediately put the linens down and helped him up. He assisted him to a chair meant for the person who brings and feeds him his meals. Donghae watched as the man changed his crumpled bed sheet to a clean one and put the blanket by the foot of the bed.

 

 

After his bed was made anew, he was placed back on his bed and Donghae felt happy. His bed was as comfortable as it was only now the sheets are clean and not crumpled from his weight.

 

 

The two quickly finished cleaning his room and left afterwards. Donghae bathed in the feel of his new sheets they were slightly cold indicating they were just washed and his blanket smelled like lavender.

 

 

He was much more comfortable lying on his bed that within minutes he slept again. He even dreamt of choosing this bed from his old one.

 

 

 

 

But..

 

Donghae always knew there were people who wouldn’t let him have a peaceful sleep. Just like right now, he was once again waked up by one of those stupid people who ask the same questions over and over. The difference was the others whisper his name until he wakes up but this one shamelessly shook him awake.

 

 

That’s another reason why Donghae doesn’t talk back. Some people are just plainly rude. He rolled his eyes when the man opened his mouth to speak.

 

 

Donghae-ssi, how are you feeling today?

 

 

“Hi.” His eyes widened. What? No stupid questions this time?

 

 

“Donghae-ssi, how are you feeling today?” Oh well.

 

 

Donghae inwardly smirked. What else was new?

 

 

After a while and Donghae doesn’t reply the guy asked again, “How are you feeling today?”

 

 

The man lying comfortably on his bed thought it’d be a good idea to ignore him (like ignore him but on a higher level) so he turned his head back to his comfortable position and closed his eyes. He heard the other exhale loudly and his lips flicked upwards in victory. He’s gotten tired of these people.

 

 

“Donghae?” The other called again. Said man creased his eyebrows for a millisecond. So the formalities are gone now?

 

 

“Donghae, I know you’re not asleep.” He kept talking. “The more you ignore me, the longer I’ll bug you.”

 

 

Donghae hissed soundlessly opened his eyes and looked at the man threateningly. From the other side, the man felt like laughing at his patient.

 

 

“Good. So how are you feeling today?” But he was still answered with silence and a hateful glare.

 

 

In a fraction of a second, the man turned serious losing his friendly smile and stared straight at Donghae. Donghae wavered at the seriousness the man suddenly emitted. He felt like gulping and his glare died down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter