VII

Inside The Asylum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VII

 

 

 

It was silent. Nothing else but pure, undisturbed silence. It was all that accompanied Donghae the whole day. A day after Dr. Lee paid him a visit, Hyukjae hadn’t once thought of showing himself to him. Donghae’s mind was full of questions if it wasn’t even before everything happened.

 

 

Back then this was what he all wanted; to be alone and sleep in his room all day but it didn’t happen. Now, however, he didn’t like it. Not one bit. He immediately got used to having someone as company. That someone was Hyukjae. No matter how scary it was.

 

 

As strange as it is, he now looks forward to time when the man would come for his checkups. That was what it should be though. Checkups. Nothing else but to come to his room and ask him those stupid, useless things.

 

 

“This .” It was quite funny though, before he met Hyukjae, he wouldn’t make a single noise. Maybe this was what being crazy meant. He got almost too attached to a person he didn’t know much about.

 

 

Hyukjae told him he knew him back then but the latter couldn’t remind himself of any moments spent with the other. Was he telling the truth? Or was he just fooling him? Dark brown eyes widened at the thought. Yes, that was what it’d been all along. Hyukjae had told him a lie. He told him he was from his past when the truth was they were only playing with him. They are playing with him! Even that doctor! He figured it out! Why he was in here locked up, they were just seeing him as nothing but a toy to play with.

 

 

“No.. That can’t be..”

 

 

No. He can’t think like that. Hyukjae is a nice guy. He talks to him differently. He doesn’t just ask him those stupid questions and leave in a blink of an eye. No.

 

 

Hyukjae asks him more than how he was just feeling today.

 

 

Hyukjae doesn’t just ask him if he was in pain but he worries for him also.

 

 

Plus! Plus, he doesn’t ask him to go take a walk outside when he was comfortably lying in his bed! Yes! He just needs to remember where and when he met Hyukjae back then.

 

 

As Donghae was still too preoccupied with his deep thoughts, another presence was already inside his room and instantly drew a smile as he saw the other man staring at the ceiling with thoughtful eyes. For the first time since everyone gave up going to visit the infamous patient’s room for his check-ups, the sight of a Lee Donghae deep in thought might have surprised every single person of the hospital. He had his brows furrowed together, lips formed into a slight pout and eyes narrowed.

 

 

Donghae was far beyond the boundaries of his mind that he has yet to notice the grinning man at the side of his bed holding a tray of his lunch.

 

 

“Hello, Donghae-ssi. How are you feeling today?” The man teased. Donghae was brought back to life about to reply when he saw who the man standing beside him was. “I have your lunch. Do you want to eat?”

 

 

He stared at the unfamiliar man in a white coat just like the other doctor from yesterday. He did not answer the man and after a while of silence he saw the man grimace in annoyance.

 

 

“I’m new to you, yes. I know. But you don’t have to worry Donghae-ssi. I can be your friend.” The man placed the tray down a table and clasped his hand smiling wider at his patient. “Do you want me to spoon-feed you or do you want to eat by yourself?” He asked but got no reply.

 

 

Donghae, on the other side, looked suspiciously at the man. Who is he anyway? And why was he here? Where was the nurse who always comes to serve his food? Thinking that he was hungry, Donghae leaned on the table beside him and grabbed the tray carefully. He decided to eat by himself today.

 

 

The still unknown man took a seat on one of the chairs and watched his patient eat with a little difficulty. He knew that Donghae hasn’t handle utensils for a long time or even anything. He saw how he fidgeted with the spoon and fork and his meal. It carried on for a while, watching the uncaring man eat by himself. He successfully ate two spoonfuls in fifteen minutes. Letting out a groan of impatience, the man snatched the utensils from Donghae and grabbed the tray to put it on his lap. He cut the fish meat into bite size pieces and mixed the rice with it putting it on the spoon and turned to Donghae raising the food to his mouth.

 

 

Donghae didn’t immediately open his mouth even if he wanted to. This man was different from the other doctor, Lee Jinki. This one was impatient and rude and he was always staring at him. It was weird. Why was he always looking at him intently as if he was studying him? He decided he didn’t like this man. The spoon was still in front of him and he saw how the man rolled his eyes and twitched his lips irritated but didn’t move.

 

 

“If you don’t want to eat, you can say it. My arm’s getting tired, mind you.” The man said.

 

 

Donghae finally opened his mouth but the man practically shoved the food and he gagged spitting out the meal. He looked fumed at the man who was scratching his head irate. He put the tray quite hardly on the table again and exited the room. Fine then, Donghae thought. He didn’t need him to feed him. He didn’t even say anything! Plus he was so rude! How dare he just shove the food inside his mouth?!

 

 

Before he could even pour out his anger to himself, the man came back but now he was with another nurse who he recognized to be the same nurse who serves him his meals. The nurse looked shocked at the mess on his bed and Donghae shook his head letting her know that he didn’t do it on purpose. The lady smiled at him and nodded in understanding. “Don’t you like the food?” She asked softly.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter