Prologue

Inside The Asylum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

 

 

 

 

All little Donghae ever wanted in the whole world was to have a nice, happy family. Growing up, Donghae was dubbed as a smart kid. The way he thinks is unlikely what a six-year old kid could. He was simply like that. Donghae was a gifted child.

 

 

Donghae belongs in a small family; a hard working father, a loving mother, and a cool older brother are the ones who shower the little kid with affection and attention. They were a typical family. his father has a stable job, his mother takes care of everything they need, plus his brother was his bestfriend.

 

 

Though, Donghae never really have friends in school nor in the neighbourhood. He doesn’t understand why the kids run away whenever he approached them. He doesn’t understand why they whisper things to each other while sending him hateful glares. So the little boy asked his mom once, “Mom, why do the kids hate me?”

 

 

His mother did not answer him but only gave him a small, almost unnoticeable smile.

 

 

But he doesn’t stop there, he asked his father too, “Dad, my classmates don’t want to play with me, did I do something wrong?”

 

 

This time his father gave him a pat on the head and whispered, “Nothing is wrong.”

 

 

Even though he got an answer from his father, he couldn’t get satisfied with it. Donghae can’t help but still wonder why people always ignore them or run away.

 

 

His last resort was his brother so one day when the two of them are playing in the yard, he inquired, “Donghwa hyung, can we play with the other kids?”

 

 

The older turned to his brother and gave him a weak smile saying, “Donghae-ah, I wish we can play with them too but we can’t.”

 

 

“Why?”

 

 

“Because they’re afraid of us.”

 

 

“Afraid? Why are they afraid of us? We didn’t do something wrong, right?”

 

 

Donghwa, seeing as his younger brother is about to cry, hugged him tightly, “No, Donghae. Nothing is wrong. Nothing.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Come on. Let’s eat, Donghae.” Donghwa spoke after a long time of playing together with his youngest brother. Dusting off his shorts and Donghae’s, they went inside the house immediately sensing the smell of their mother’s cooking.

 

 

“What’s for dinner, mom?” The older brother asked, placing himself on his chair.

 

 

Their mother smiled wide putting the casserole in the middle of the table and opening the lid.

 

 

Both boys gasped when they saw the delicious looking soup.

 

 

“Where’s dad?” Donghae wondered.

 

 

“Maybe he’s still upstairs. Can you go and get him, Donghae?” Donghwa requested to which the other nodded and started to run to their father’s study.

 

 

It didn’t take long for the boy to rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter