Five

Love Tomorrow

(Aele is pronouced like Allie)


         “Where the hell were you on Friday?” Nicole asked, almost shouting. The rowdy and robust kid in the cafeteria had taken the volume level to the maximum. Having so many students at one place at the same time wasn’t the brightest idea.

         “I was home finishing my algebra project,” Aele said, “My mom wants me to get a tutor now. Since I was struggling so much to finish it.”

         “I mean having a tutor isn’t that bad,” said Gabby, “Tutors are meant to help you.”

         Aele rubbed her hands against her face, “Yeah, I know, but the tutor’s gonna be there for two hours after school. How am I supposed to hang out with you guys? And what if it’s an old guy? I wouldn’t want him in my room, using my desk. No way.”

         “ that ,” Nicole said, “Eheheh.”

         “Your laugh is disgusting,” Aele responded giving Nicole a look.

         “Shut up.”

         “Anyways,” Aele said, “the tutor’s coming today so I can’t hang out with you guys. I’ll only be able to hang out on Saturdays and Sundays, when the tutor isn’t coming.”

         “Are you serious? We were planning to go to that new snack shop that opened downtown,” Layla said, “I guess we can’t go anymore.”

         “No, it’s fine,” Aele said, “You guys can go without me.”

         “Are you sure?” Gabby said, “It’s okay with you?”

         The rest of the day passed in a haze for Aele. She had her 6th period class with the transfer that everyone was obsessed with. It was 4:30 at the moment, and the tutor was half an hour late. Aele rested her head on her desk and scrolled down her instagram feed. She stopped when a picture of her friends came up. Aele was more than pissed. The tutor could have at least notified her that he wasn’t going to be on time. Aele could’ve been with her friends having fun.

         Then the doorbell rang. Aele could here her mother open the door and greet the person. Hello. The guest was a man and Aele wondered who it was. She was not, in fact, so curious that she got off of her comfortable desk chair. She laid there with her cheek pressed against her desk and her phone in hand. The swing of the door startled her a little and she lifted her head and faced the door.

         “Aele, this is your tutor,” Aele’s mother said, hurriedly “He said he was mistaken for the time and he thought it was at 5 but he saw my text and rushed over. Have a nice time. I’m going to the mall.” And just like that Aele’s mother left two strangers in one room.

         “Uh, let’s get started,” the boy said. He dropped his bookbag to the ground next to her desk and looked up again. “Is it okay if I leave it here?” Aele nodded. “I’m Chanyeol by the way. I saw that your mom really wanted to leave.” Chanyeol chuckled.

         “Aele,” she said gesturing to herself, “And my mom loves shopping more than she loves me.” Chanyeol chuckled. His laugh was deep and resonated throughout the room. Chanyeol was tall, lean, and built like a force to be reckoned with. He had tousled silver hair, which Aele thought suited him very, very well. “I don’t have another chair so I’ll get it one from downstairs.”

         “No, it’s okay. I’ll just stand. I wouldn’t want you to make an effort,” Chanyeol said. “So it’s math that you’re having a problem in right? Refresh me.”

         “Basically I at algebra. It’s not my strongest suit nor is it a suit I want to wear,” Aele responded and Chanyeol chuckled again. It was mesmorizing.  Chanyeol asked Aele to take out her algebra textbook. She placed it on the desk.

         “It’s my textbook from last year,” Chanyeol said.

         “How do you know that it was yours? I didn’t even open it up,” Aele said. Chanyeol pointed to the bottom right corner of the textbook. There was a little star drawn on the cover.

         “I always mark my things with it,” Chanyeol pull out an eraser from his bookbag. “See?” Indeed, a star was drawn on the eraser. Aele then opened the textbook and checked the cover. Park, Chanyeol it said, in the most atrocious handwriting Aele had ever seen. “We should get to work now. We have a lot to do in very little time," Chanyeol said.

         "Little time? We have an hour and a half," Aele responded.

         "Exactly."

         After the two hours were up Aele did feel as if she knew more than what she did before. Chanyeol was a good tutor (and a handsome one at that).

         "I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

         "See ya."


 

         The next day Aele had a chair prepared for Chanyeol. Instead of him squatting to help her on a question or hovering over her and he stood, Chanyeol was firmly seated. He sat besides Aele on her left. Chanyeol gave Aele a few problems to do. She looked at Chanyeol after finishing one of the questions. He flicked his eyes away and looked at the paper. Aele swore that he was looking at her.

         "I like him," Aele said.

         "What!? That's absolutely absurd," Gabby said, "You've known him for what? A week?"

         "In her defense I liked Nicole the moment I met her," said Baekhyun. They were at the cafe again. It was yet another Friday.

         "That's because you're both stupid," Gabby said.

         "Oh my god," Nicole responded, "just let her like him. It's gonna end when he goes to college."

         "You guys are the worst friends ever," Aele responded, "I don't even know why I hang out with you. If Ana was here she'd back me up. She started liking Key two seconds after she saw him and he's a senior too."

         "You're all dumb," Gabby said. Aele rolled her eyes. She liked Chanyeol no matter what her friends said.

         "It's just such a..."Layla's voice started to fade away. Why? Because Aele saw him, next in line for his discounted coffee.

         "Guys, that's him," Aele said as she pointed to Chanyeol. They all looked and him in awe. Except Baekhyun.

         "He's ing hot," Nicole said.

         "It's okay. It's not like I'm your boyfriend or anything," Baekhyun. Nicole pecked Baekhyun on the cheek.

         "Happy?" She said.

         "No," Baekhyun responded as he bit Nicole's ear.

         "WOAH, WOAH, WOAH. OKAY. BACK IT UP." Layla yelled, bring attention to their table. Almost everyone in the shop looked their way. Including Chanyeol. He waved at Aele and that little gestured made her whole day. She was definitely going to confess to him on Monday.


 

         All most an entire week passed. It was Thursday and Chanyeol was coming over yet again. Aele was waiting downstairs on the living room couch. She still hadn't confessed to her tutor after that promise that she had made with herself on Friday.

         The doorbell rang and Aele heartbeat quickened. She was going to be alone with Chanyeol today. Neither of her parents were going to be there, so she had Chanyeol all to herself.

         Aele rushed to the door and opened it to reveal a sweaty Chanyeol.

         "Sorry," he panted, "I thought today was Friday. I went to my house but I ran back. I didn't want to be late."

         "No, it's fine," Aele responded, "we're gonna work down here for a change."

         "Oh, okay." Chanyeol placed his book bag on the floor and sat on the couch.

         "You didn't get a chance to leave it at home?" Aele ask as she sat beside him. He looked so handsome today. Some of his hair stuck to his sweaty forehead and Aele subconsciously moved his hair away.

         "N-No I didn't. I rushed here as soon as I remembered," Chanyeol stuttered, Aele's touch clearly making him nervous. "Let's get started."

         As they worked Chanyeol would make jokes that would have then laughing for the longest time. He made things fun and easy to understand. He also made Aele's heart go insane. His smile and the way he looked at her when she was doing problems fed her growing feelings for him. Before they knew it time was up and Chanyeol had to go home. He packed his pencil in his book bag and swung it over his shoulder. "Bye, Aele," Chanyeol pinching Aele's cheek. She blushed in return. She had to say it.

         "Chanyeol, I like you."

         Chanyeol stood there. By the door. Lost on words to say. How would he respond?

         "I, uh, I gotta get home," he said and he walked out the door. Aele felt as if she had just got punched in the gut.


 

         It was Friday, once again, and Aele was at the cafe. Her friends each had their own things to do. She looked awful today and adding to her depressing aura was the loneliness that surrounded her. She finished her coffee and stood up from her table in the corner. Aele threw out her cup in the trash bin. She wished she could throw away her life like that. As she headed toward the exit she saw someone sitting alone in a booth.

         Chanyeol.

         , he spotted her as well. Aele hurried out the cafe door. When she felt something tug at her wrist.

         "Wait," it was Chanyeol, "why are you running away?"

         "Let me go," Aele said trying to sneak out her wrist from his hand. "Let me go," She tried to push Chanyeol's arm ways be he was too strong. Aele was embarrassed to face him. She didn't want him to touch her after she had been rejected the day before.

         "Let me speak first."

         "LET ME GO," now Aele was frantic. She just wanted to go home, to be under her bed covers, hidden from the world. Chanyeol had finally released her. She was about to turn and run away but Chanyeol and pulled her into an embrace. Her head laid against his chest. Her previous efforts to run away were futile. Aele wanted to be held by Chanyeol like this forever.

         "Are you going to listen to me now?" Chanyeol asked. Aele nodded her head against Chanyeol chest and he chuckled. Aele felt the vibrations from his chest and she smiled "The reason why I left like that because I didn't want to hurt you," Aele frowned to this, "I know I probably did. I thought about it till one this morning. I just... I like you too." Was Chanyeol being serious? "But I'm graduating in a few months. How would this work out?" Aele pulled herself off of Chanyeol's chest.

         "First of all I'm astonished that you like me too. Second of all we have a lot of time, Chanyeol. Plus lots of other people have been in long-distance relationships," Aele couldn't believe that she was saying this. Just yesterday she was feeling heartbroken.

         Chanyeol laughed, "You didn't let me finish. I was going to say everything. I just want to be with you." Chanyeol pulled Aele's face toward him slowly. He bent down and planted a kiss on her lips. Chanyeol then started to kiss her passionately, deepening the kiss as Aele opened for him. Chanyeol slid his tongue into , exploring her entire cavern.

         Aele tore herself off of him and asks, "Does this mean we're dating now?"

         "I think so." Chanyeol pulls out a pen from his back pocket. He takes Aele's hand and draws a star on it.

         "Why did you...?"

         "I always mark what's mine," and he kisses her again.


(A/N) I used to have a turtor but he was ugly as . I'd always imagine what it would be like to have a hot tutor and I guess this oneshot is the outcome.