Two

Think About It Twice

*Thump thump*

 

Mingyu's heart jumped when Professor Jung instructed the transfer student to sit at the vacant desk beside Mingyu's desk because the other vacant seat was in the front and the beautiful girl, being really tall, would only block the view of the students sitting behind her. His eyes widen and became bigger and bigger as the transfer student walked nearer to him. She glanced at Mingyu and smiled before sitting down on her seat.

 

*Thump thump*

 

Mingyu almost swore when she smiled but he was so shocked that the only thing he did was shut his eyes and bury his face in his hands. What the hell Mingyu. Why the hell were you staring? He scolded himself in his mind. He slapped himself soflty to calm his nerves and beating heart and when he did calm down, he dropped his hands from his face and focused his attention on Professor Jung who was now discussing the schedule for the new school year. Mingyu tried his very best to focus but his eyes kept betraying him and they would automatically turn to look at the beautiful girl beside him.

 

*Thump thump*

 

His eyes wandered at her pink lips. It was the color of strawberry icecream and he wondered if it tastes like that too. The way it moved when she's muttering something, the way she bits her lower lip when she's unsure of what Professor Jung was saying, the way she puffs her chubby cheeks and purses her lips, all of them, they're making Mingyu want to kiss her.

 

*Thump thump*

 

Mingyu shook his head. He tried to dismiss the urge to kiss her and soon his eyes focused on her cute nose. It wasn't really that tall and sharp but it suits her face perfectly. He likes the way her nose scrunches when she's thinking and it makes him want to rub his own nose at hers. Images of what he was thinking clouded Mingyu's mind and he shook his head again to clear his mind.

 

*Thump thump*

 

Failing to erase the thoughts of the beautiful girl in his mind, he decided to observe her a little more. His gaze shifted from her nose to her eyes. Those beautiful sparkling eyes that are like those of cats, big and sharp. He's mesmerized by those big, dark brown orbs that were staring right through his soul. WAIT WHAT?!

 

*Thump thump*

 

She's staring at me! Mingyu felt his soul leave his body the moment he realized he has been caught staring. He quickly looked away and faked a cough to ease the awkward situation he created himself but because he was panicking too much, the fake coughing became real. He choked on his saliva and began coughing nonstop. Seokmin turned to him and patted his back worriedly.

 

"Mr. Kim, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Professor Jung asked. All of the students turned to look at the coughing Mingyu.

 

Mingyu flailed his arms around as the coughing won't stop. Seokmin held him in place and patted his back continuoustly. Suddenly, Mingyu felt something pressed against his hand and he turned to look at it. The beautiful girl was holding out a bottle of water to him. He hesitated grabbing it but the girl urges him to take it and smiled.

 

*Thump thump*

 

He quickly grabbed it and he felt his heart do cartwheels when their hands brushed against each other. Mingyu quickly pulled his hand away and immediately opened the bottle and gulped down the water, easing his throat. He drank half of the bottle and the coughing finally stopped.

 

"Are you okay now, Mr. Kim?" Professor Jung asked again.

 

"Yes Professor Jung. Sorry for disturbing the class." Mingyu replied politely with a bow and the class resumed.

 

Seokmin turned to him and whispered, "What happened?"

 

"I... I choked on my saliva." he quietly answered, keeping the other details as to why he choked to himself. Seokmin doesn't need to know, or he'll never get the end of Seokmin's teasing.

 

Mingyu turned to the bottle of water he was holding and his mind was pulled back to the girl sitting beside him. Sh*t! I just made a fool out of myself in front of her. I'm such an idiot! He mentally punched and kicked himself. How can I face her now? I haven't even introduced myself yet and I already made a very embarrassing impression on her. He wanted to pull all of his hair out because of frustration. Funny how earlier he couldn't take his eyes off of her but now, he finds it very difficult to look at her. Cupid definitely wasn't on his side.

 

- - - - - - 

 

"It's lunch time, man. You're supposed to eat food, not your girlfriend." Soonyoung said as he took a bite off of his cheeseburger.

 

"Mina's tastier than my lasagna though. I don't mind eating her instead of my food." Wonwoo replied, breaking off their kiss. Mina playfully hit his arm and proceeded to eat her lunch which consist of salad and a piece of apple. "Babe, say ah." Wonwoo said. Mina turned to him and opened , receiving the slice of lasagna her boyfriend is feeding her. "Yummy?" he asked and Mina smiled and nodded. "You're yummier though." he said.

 

"Ew! Gross!" Jihoon complained as he placed his spoon on the table, disgust painted on his pale face. Wonwoo chuckled and proceeded to eat his food. "Where's Dahyun and Seungkwan, Hansol?" he asked.

 

"Flat girl won't come out of the classroom. She was still depressed cuz Seungkwan's in a different class. She didn't even listen to our teacher, she just hung her head low while doodling random things on her notebook. She was sighing the whole time too and it was so annoying. Ugh! I almost asked the teacher to switch my seat with one of my classmates. Why did the teacher even place me beside that girl? Plus she said she doesn't have appetite, that my presence took away her appetite. Psh. What a bull. I saw her eating all of Seungkwan's sandwich when he came to our classroom. Stupid flat girl. She's seriously driving me insane." Hansol grunted.

 

"Chill Sol-ah, I was only asking where they are, not what they're doing, what they're feeling and all that." Jihoon chuckled, amused at his grumpy dongsaeng. 

 

"Looks like we have someone here who's also depressed. Hey Seokmin, what happened to Gyuliath? He's been sulking since we got here." Jun asked, pointing at Mingyu who had his head buried in his folded arms on the table.

 

"I really don't have any idea. He has been quiet ever since the start of the first subject." Seokmin shrugged while sipping juice from his cup.

 

"What's the problem, Mingyu?" Sana asked, concerned clearly written on her face. Mingyu is a big eater. He is actually the biggest eater in their group and him not having the appetite to eat is simply worrying the hell out of his friends. All of them were looking at their usually happy friend, who is currently very depressed and not himself. Mingyu stayed still, not answering any of them. Sana turned to Jun and gave him a worried look.

 

"Yah Kim Mingyu, don't ignore us." Jihoon complained but he didn't get any response from his tall friend.

 

Sighing, Wonwoo stood up and took one of MIngyu's wrists into his hand and pulled him up. "What the--". Before Mingyu could protest, Wonwoo began pulling him to the comfort room, but not before placing a kiss on his girlfriend's forehead and muttering that they'll be back shortly.

 

When they got inside the boys' comfort room, Wonwoo pushed Mingyu to the end corner of the room. "Spill." he said, sternly.

 

Mingyu kept his head low. He didn't like being cornered and questioned like this but he doesn't like it either when Wonwoo's acting like this. Wonwoo is his best friend and he always teases him and goofs around him but he knows very well when Wonwoo is serious and right now, he is being serious.

 

"So?" Wonwoo further questioned.

 

Mingyu released a heavy sigh. "Hyung, I just made a fool out of myself." he said quietly, still looking at the ground.

 

"You always do. Why is it a big deal this time?" Wonwoo asked. Even though Mingyu was a bit offended, he was quite relieved that Wonwoo's kind of back to his usual self, the goofy and sarcastic one. He likes this side of his bestfriend better than when he is being serious.

 

"You see, there is a transfer student in our class today." he started but was hesistant to continue.

 

"What about this transfer student?" Wonwoo asked, urging Mingyu to continue his story.

 

"She's beautiful, hyung. Very, very beautiful. She's tall too and her curves, hyung, she's y as !" Mingyu exclaimed, excitement present in his voice. He couldn't stop the smile that was creeping up to his face.

 

"I'm pretty sure Mina's way hotter and ier than her." Wonwoo bragged but Mingyu decided to just ignore his comment.

 

"I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Professor Jung asked her to take the seat beside me, hyung. She sits beside me!" he said excitedly, eyes clearly turning into hearts.

 

Wonwoo raised one of his eyebrows, "If you're so excited about this girl, why were you sulking earlier?" he asked, confused.

 

Mingyu's smile faltered, "I..." he stuttered. "I told you I couldn't get my eyes off of her, so I stared at her, at her pink, plump lips, her cute nose and when I looked into her beautiful cat eyes, she was looking back at me. She caught me staring at her!" he said, panicking again. "Then I panicked, I ended up choking on my saliva. I was choking to death in front of her, flailing my arms like a mad man. I feel like the biggest idiot in the world! I haven't even introduced myself yet and I already embarrassed myself in front of her. I want the ground to swallow me up and bury me six feet under." he said, stomping his feet to the ground and throwing aimless punches in the air. "How can I survive sitting beside her throughout the whole school year, hyung? How?! I'd die of embarrassment! I don't think I could go back to my classroom now."

 

"You're overreacting, Mingyu." Wonwoo answered.

 

"I am not!" Mingyu replied defensively. "Seriously hyung, what should I do?" he asked.

 

"Simple. You just have to change her impression on you. Man up, Gyu. Go up to her and introduce yourself properly. That way, she'll know you're not an idiot." Wonwoo answered simply.

 

Mingyu thought about what Wonwoo said and it really was a good idea. "You're right. I will do that when we get back to class. I'll definitely show her I'm not an idiot, that I, Kim Mingyu, is a fine young man, not only good-looking but also good at almost everything, be it sports, cooking and even in academics." he said, determined. But his determination was crushed when he realized another problem. "Hyung, I have one problem though."

 

"What is that?" Wonwoo asked.

 

"She's Taiwanese. I can't speak her language, how am I suppose to introduce myself to her?" he asked sadly.

 

"I thought you were smart, but you're definitely not." Wonwoo rolled his eyes as if Mingyu had the most ridiculous problem. "Ever heard of Wen Junhui and Xu Minghao?"

 

Mingyu's face quickly lit up at the mention of his friends. Of course! How could he forget he have Chinese-speaking friends. "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot! Come on hyung, let's get back there. I gotta let Jun-hyung teach me some words." Mingyu said excitedly as he ran outside of the comfort room and back to their table where his friends were sitting. Wonwoo rolled his eyes at his idiot of a friend and trailed behind him, sitting beside his girlfriend when he arrived at their table.

 

Mingyu excitedly walked over to where Jun was sitting and sat beside him. "Hyung, how do you say 'Hi, I'm Kim Mingyu. I hope we can be friends.' in Chinese?" Mingyu asked his friend Jun.

 

Jun smirked and replied, "Ni hao. Wo shi, Kim Mingyu. Wo Ai Ni."

 

Mingyu repeated the sentence in his mind, trying to remember it all. "Thank you hyung! You're my saviour." Mingyu said while hugging Jun before he sprinted out of the Cafeteria.

 

Minghao laughed at Jun. "Hyung, you're so mean."

 

Jun laughed as well. "Just having fun."

 

- - - - - - -

 

Mingyu gulped down and swallowed the lump that has formed in his throat. He peeked through his classroom's door and saw the beautiful girl sitting on her chair and looking outside the window. Why is she so ing beautiful?! He cursed mentally. His heart was beginning to beat fast again but he decided to do what Wonwoo told him and tapped his chest to calm his racing heart. He walked inside and slowly approached his desk. He quietly sat on his chair and turned to face the girl. She was still looking outside the window, not really noticing his presence.

 

Mingyu's heart was beating really fast and he fumbled with his fingers trying to remember the Chinese words that Jun taught him earlier. He breathed in and exhaled to relax himself.  When he was sure he remembered all the words he planned to say, he faked a cough to get her attention. "Erm!"

 

The girl jumped slightly in surprise but quickly regained herself and turned towards Mingyu. This is it, there's no turning back. I'm going to prove to her that I'm not an idiot. I'm definitely going to change her impression on me! He smiled at her, trying to show his charms through flashing his canines. He swore he felt his heart stop when she returned the smile he gave. He had to calm down and deliver the words he memorised just moments ago.

 

His smile grew bigger as he said, "Ni hao. Wo shi, Kim Mingyu. Wo Ai Ni."

 

Mingyu knew that what he said was right because he was 100% sure those were the exact words Jun had taught him earlier at lunch but the shocked expression on the beautiful girl's face says otherwise.

 

What the hell did I just say?

 

 

- - - - - - 

[A/N]: This is supposed to be posted tomorrow but I think I'll be very busy so yeah, I decided to just post this update today. Anyway, it would be nice if you let me know wbout your thoughts. Thanks!