Five

Think About It Twice

"Good morning mom! Good morning Mingukie!" Mingyu greeted cheerfully as he was descending the stairs, hair thrown messily from side to side and eyes still half opened. He rubbed his eyes and got rid of any evidence of sleep and strode towards the dining table to join his mother and little brother who were already sitting around the table, eating breakfast.

 

His mother stared at him with wide eyes, clearly surprised at her son's cheerful behavior. "You're up already? It's only 10:17 in the morning son, and it's a Sunday, no school today. You may want to go back to sleep." she said, confusion present in her voice.

 

"No mom. I've had enough sleep. In fact, I had a very good sleep." he replied happily, grinning widely as he grab an empty bowl at the table that was placed in front of his seat and began filling it with cereal and milk.

 

His mother eyed him suspiciously and she brought a hand up to feel her son's forehead. "You don't have a fever. You're not sick, so what is wrong with you?" she asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

 

Mingyu chuckled at his mom, showing his perfect canines that are as white as pearls, "Mom, I'm okay." he replied as he fed himself another spoon of cereal. "I'm really okay, and oh, you look dashing today." he added.

 

His mother's eyebrows furrowed deeper at his comment. "You're definitely not okay." she murmured and shook her head. "Here, have some toast and eat lots of fruits cause you're definitely sick." she said, handing her son two pieces of toasts and a fresh cut of apple and orange.

 

"Mom, stop being silly. I'm really okay, but I'll take these." he got the food his mother gave him and started munching down the toasts after spreading blueberry jam on it. "Yum!" he said.

 

"Son," his mother called quietly. Mingyu turned to look at his mother and hummed in response. "Are you perhaps, in love?" she asked.

 

Mingyu choked on his food and immediately reached for his glass of water to ease down his throat. When he finally settled down, he look at his mother again. "I'm not!" he denied.

 

"Minnie hyung likesth pretty noona!" Minguk cut in, smiling happily while clapping his little hands in delight.

 

At this, Mingyu's mother turned to look at him, one eyebrow raised. "So, you are indeed in love. Who's this 'pretty noona' Mingukie is talking about huh, Mingyu?" his mother's eyebrow turned from being raised in questioning to wiggling and teasing.

 

"Mom, I'm not in love. Tzuyu is just my classmate." he blurted out exasperatedly.

 

"So, Tzuyu's her name." his mom said with a teasing tone. "Why don't you invite her over for dinner, son? I'd love to meet the love of your life."

 

"Mom stop. You're being silly. I'm not in love and she's not the love of my life." he continued to deny. 

 

"Okay." his mom said. "The crush of your life then?" she added.

 

Mingyu released a long sigh of frustration because of the nonstop teasing frm his mother. "Mom, for the love of pizza and fries, please stop." he begged, slumping his shoulders limply.

 

"Okay, okay. But for the love of mac and cheese, tell me when you have someone you like, okay? I'd love to know about my potential daughter-in-law." his mother said, dropping the topic all together.

 

Mingyu huffed a long sigh and decided to just ignore his mother's teasing. He returned to eating his cereal and suddenly he saw a pink piece of fruit loop floating in his bowl of cereal. The image of Tzuyu and her sweet, plump, pink lips suddenly popped in his mind and he felt his cheeks heat up at the thought of the beautiful girl. He fished the fruit loop out of the bowl with his spoon and brought it in front of his lips. He couldn't help but smiled before eating the cereal. He was too preoccupied by the thought of his beautiful seatmate that he missed the knowing stare his mother was giving him.

 

She leaned down to her younger son and whispered, "You're going to have a sister-in-law soon, Kukie!" she giggled queitly before kissing her son's forehead.

 

- - - - - -

 

"You're late!" Mingyu winced as a very loud voice rang through his left ear. He pushed Jihoon away from him and entered Mina and Sana's apartment. He walked directly to the living room where he found his friends sprawled messily on the floor and the sofa except for Hansol and Dahyun who were going against each other and Seungkwan standing close by to prevent any fights from happening. The two were playing the latest version of Just Dance on Mina and Sana's Xbox 360 Kinect.

 

He turned to Jihoon and glared at him. "What the hell, hyung? Wonwoo hyung and Mina are not here yet so why were you shouting at me a while ago?" he asked, irritated.

 

"They just went out to buy something at the nearby store twenty minutes ago." Jihoon answered angrily. "So you're still late!"

 

"Whatever." Mingyu muttered as he plopped himself on the sofa which was partially occupied by Jun and Sana who were cuddling each other and holding each other tight as if they're afraid the other one would disappear. Jihoon glared at him for the last time before sitting beside Soonyoung who was playing UNO cards with Minghao and Seokmin on the table at the center of the living room.

 

"I won!" Hansol happily announced as he threw punches up in the air.

 

"You cheated!" Dahyun complained, stomping her feet to the ground like a kid who lost her lollipop.

 

"I did not. You're just a sore loser who can't accept defeat." Hansol teased, sticking out his tongue at Dahyun.

 

The girl glared at him, "And you're a big fat cheater who cheats his way to winning. You pushed me so I'd miss that one move so you'd score higher than me." Dahyun retorted, pushing Hansol away. "I'm not going to play with you forever!" she said and stomped her way over to her cousin and sat beside him and sulked.

 

Hansol turned to Seungkwan who was standing beside him and shaking his head in exasperation, "She's PMSing again. Ugh! So annoying." Hansol muttered, rolling his eyes.

 

"You should apologize, Sol. You did bump into her, causing her to stumble and miss that one move. If you didn't bump into her, you both would've gotten the same scores and this fight would not have occured." Seungkwan said.

 

"But I did not cheat Seungkwan! It was an accident." Hansol argued. 

 

"Still your fault. Man up, dude. Go ahead and apologize." Seungkwan urged. He doesn't want the fight between his two best friends to last for a long time because that would mean he will be acting as a referee and a messenger for them for a long time too. Feeling defeated, Hansol walked towards where Dahyun was sitting. He stood in front of her and grabbed her arm to get her attention but she quickly swatted his hand away.

 

"What the hell?" Hansol yelled as he shook his hand to get rid of the sting from Dahyun's slap.

 

"Don't touch me cheater!" she hissed, glaring at him.

 

"Fine! Sulk all you want. Frown until you get wrinkles in your face like a grandma, you buttless tofu!" he said angrily. He marched angrily towards where Soonyoung and the others were and sat beside Seokmin.

 

Dahyun sat up straight, "What did you just say, you filthy half-blood?" she yelled back, anger and disbelief evident in her voice.

 

"I said, you look like a wrinkled, buttless tofu." Hansol repeated and it made Dahyun's blood boil in anger.

 

"Really? Oh well, you look like a carbon copy of Leonardo Dicaprio's butthole after defecating, you prick!" she said, throwing a pillow at Hansol who landed square in his pale face.

 

"UGH! You're going to die." Hansol declared as he stood and marched towards Dahyun. The girl, afraid for her life, clung onto her cousin's arm and pushed him in front of her to shield her self from Hansol's wrath.

 

"Oppa, protect me. Leo-oppa's butthole is going to kill me!" she screamed.

 

"Stop fighting, you two." Mingyu said while trying to get himself off of Dahyun's hold and dodging Hansol's hands that were trying to grab a hold of Dahyun.

 

"I'm going to give your buttless cousin a lesson hyung. She's too much. Too freaking much!" Hansol growled as he flung his arms and tried to grab Dahyun's hand that was holding Mingyu's shirt from the back. Dahyun dodged Hansol's attempt and they continued dodging each other, Dahyun pulling and pushing Mingyu in front of her and Hansol did just the same. Mingyu was having a hard time detaching himself from the two and he was starting to feel dizzy from all the pushing and pulling he was receiving. He felt his shirt going up from Dahyun's hold and he quickly tried to grab the hem of his shirt but Hansol was holding his wrists. His shirt was being pulled here and there and his hair was starting to look like a bird's nest.

 

"Stop it! Let go of me!" Mingyu yelled. "Somebody help me." he pleaded but nobody paid attention to him. Fights between Hansol and Dahyun occur almost everyday and so all of them have gotten used to it and most of the time, they would just ignore the two. Seokmin, Soonyoung, Minghao and Jihoon were all preoccupied in their card game and Jun and Sana were playing the abandoned game of Just Dance. Seungkwan, being the only one who isn't doing anything, hurriedly ran towards them and grabbed Hansol, trying to stop him from attacking Dahyun but failed terribly. Hansol was stronger than him so he broke free easily from Seungkwan's hold. The tug of war continued with Mingyu acting as the rope.

 

"What the hell is going on here?" Mingyu heard a deep voice speak and he immediately flailed his arms to get him to help him.

 

"Wonwoo hyung, help me." he begged.

 

Wonwoo quickly rushed to his side and tried to pull him off of Dahyun's hold. Wonwoo was having a hard time because Dahyun and Hansol were both holding onto Mingyu's shirt. He grabbed Mingyu's waist and pulled him, trying his best to detach his best friend form the riot. "Stop this, you two! STOP!" he screamed, his deep voice echoing throughout the whole apartment and it was so loud and deep that it made all the people in the house freeze. He then grabbed the chance and pulled Mingyu off of mess. He successfully detached Mingyu from Dahyun and Hansol but the two were also successful in pulling and ripping off Mingyu's shirt.

 

Seungkwan pulled Dahyun and hissed at his two best friends, telling them to stop. "Look at what you've done to Mingyu hyung, you idiots!" he scolded.

 

Mingyu stood there, dumfounded. He wanted to scream, to shout at the two immature kids in front of him, lash out at them for ruining his shirt and messing up his hair, but he was too tired. Too tired and dizzy to even do anything anymore, so he just stood there.

 

"Hey guys, I brought a friend with me!" Mina announced as she and someone else walked in.

 

But Mingyu was standing still. He was too tired to even notice Mina and the person she brought with her. Too tired to even notice that someone, not from his group of friends, was there, standing in front of him, looking at him, standing motionless and shirtless.

 

Wonwoo hurried over to Mingyu's side and poked him. "Gyu, you're spacing out." he said. Mingyu just nodded, still staring into space. "Your Princess Charming is here." Mingyu turned to Wonwoo and then turned to look in front of him. There he saw Mina standing and beside her was, Tzuyu, looking at him with wide eyes. He was shocked to see her there, too shocked that he felt his body freeze. His frozen state didn't last long as he felt his body heat up and burn like it was in flames when he heard Wonwoo whisper to his ear, "And you're ." He quickly snapped out of his daze and glanced down to his chest.

 

"Ah!" he gasped as he stepped behind Wonwoo and tried to cover his body up using Wonwoo's lean frame. "Hyung, why is she here? What is she doing here?" Mingyu whispered, panicking at the sight of his crush in front of him.

 

"Well guess what big boy, Mina and your Princess Charming are actually friends." Wonwoo whispered back.

 

- - - - - - 

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAH!" the apartment was filled with boisterous laughter as Mingyu stepped out of Mina's room. All eyes were on him as he strode towards the living room. He was hugging himself in an attempt to cover his body.

 

"Wew! You look y as , Gyu!" Wonwoo cooed as he gave Mingyu a head to foot stare and his lips. Mingyu was wearing one of Mina's shirts. There were lots of neon pink and yellow hearts and stars printed all over the shirt and it clung onto Mingyu's body tightly as it was five times smaller than Mingyu's shirt size. Mingyu glared at Wonwoo but the taller still sat next to his best friens and slapped his arm. "Ow!" Wonwoo yelped.

 

"Stop teasing me or I'll kill you all." Mingyu hissed and gave his friends a death glare but his action just made his friends laugh out loud more.

 

"You look so gay hyung." Hansol commented in between his laughter.

 

"Gay." Seungkwan repeated while laughing.

 

"So gay." Seokmin agreed.

 

"Really gay." Soonyoung added.

 

"Very gay." Minghao laughed.

 

"Very very ga--"

 

"I GET IT! I LOOK GAY! I GET IT, OKAY?! SO CAN ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT UP?!" Mingyu snapped angrily, clenching his fists at his sides. He doesn't need that kind of teasing from his friends, especially when Tzuyu is with them. He was beyond embarrassed to say the least. 

 

"Stop it guys. Remember, we have a guest. Please mind your behavior." Mina reprimanded the boys before turning to Mingyu. "I'm really sorry, Gyu. All of Jun and Wonwoo's shirts are currently in the laundry. That's the biggest shirt I can get for you. I'm really sorry." she said softly, not wanting to embarrass Mingyu further.

 

Mingyu breathed in and let out a long breath to calm himself before turning to face Mina. "It's okay, Mina. Thanks for letting me borrow your shirt." he replied quietly.

 

Mina smiled at him and then turned to look at Tzuyu, who was standing akwardly at the side. "Tzuyu, I'm so sorry. These jerks just act like little kids sometimes and don't know when to stop." she said. 

 

"Its okay, really. No problem. I should be the one apologizing for intruding your hangout. I'll leave as soon as you lend me your Math notes." she replied shyly.

 

"No! Don't leave. You should stay and hangout with us. You said you don't have any friends yet so yeah, I can offer you my friends but you see, they're a bunch of idiots, except for my best friend Sana and my boyfriend Wonwoo, so you have to think very carefully if you want to become friends with them." she said, throwing shade at her own friends.

 

"Hey! We're not so bad!" Soonyoung was the first one to complain.

 

"We're actually really funny!" Seokmin said.

 

"And we're fun to be with!" Minghao added.

 

"We're practically safe to be around with, well, except for Jihoon hyung who loves hitting people with his guitar!" Seungkwan said, earning a glare from Jihoon.

 

"Just tell me if you want to see me hitting someone with my guitar, Tzuyu-ssi, and I'll gladly show you how I do it." he said, gritting his teeth while looking directly at Seungkwan. 

 

The younger one gulped and let out a nervous laugh. "I'm just kidding, Tzuyu-ssi. Jihoon hyung's the nicest and kindest of us all. He's really sweet and completely harmless." he said and Jihoon just rolled his eyes on him.

 

Tzuyu giggled at the two. "You guys are funny." she commented.

 

"See? I told you we are!" Seokmin said proudly. He stood up and went to stand beside Tzuyu. "Anyway, let me properly introduce you to my friends." He started as he pointed towards where Seungkwan is. "That's Seungkwan, the one who nearly died earlier. That bubblegum-haired boy is Minghao, the one with small slanted eyes is Soonyoung hyung and Jihoon hyung's the little pocket sized-one."

 

"Do want to die now, Seokmin?" Jihoon cut in, his eyebrows raised as if to intimidate Seokmin.

 

"No thanks hyung. I was just kidding." Seokmin flashed him a nervous smile and he continued introducing his other friends, "The one next to Seungkwan is Dahyun and that foreign-looking one is her best friend and soon-to-be husband, Hansol."

 

"Ew! We're definitely not best friends and I will never ever fall in love and marry that jerk! Ever! Over my dead body!" Dahyun quickly protested.

 

"Over your dead, shapeless body you mean?" Hansol teased.

 

"Hansol and Dahyun, don't start again." Sana reprimanded.

 

"The one who just reprimanded the BFFs is Sana noona and the one beside her is her boyfriend, Jun hyung. You already know me, Mina and Mingyu and oh, that's Wonwoo hyung by the way." he finished.

 

Tzuyu nodded and smiled at Seokmin. "Hi everyone. I'm Tzuyu. I'm in the same class as Mina, Seokmin and Mingyu. Its really nice to meet all of you." she said.

 

"I'm sure someone is glad to see you here, too, Tzuyu." Wonwoo commented as he flashed a teasing smile towards Mingyu.

 

"Really? Who?" Soonyoung asked.

 

The younger's eyes widen at Soonyoung's inquiry and he secretly pinched Wonwoo's side. "Shut up hyung!" he whispered. The room fell silent and Mingyu couldn't be more thankful that the delivery came just in time to save his secret from being revealed to his friends and worse, to his crush.

 

DING! DONG!

 

"We'll get it." Seungkwan announced and he stood up and went to the door with Hansol. They came back with boxes of Chinese food in their hands. "Food is here!" he said as they placed the cartons of food on the table at the center of the living room.

 

All of them gathered at the table and started getting food from the boxes. Mingyu was the only one who did not move from where he was, still sitting at the sofa and staring mindlessly at the floor. He was so out of himself that he didn't notice that someone sat beside him. He flinched when he heard someone speak.

 

"Hey." he turned to his side and was suprised to see Tzuyu sitting there.

 

"What are you doing here?" he asked, surpised.

 

"I ate before coming here so I'm not hungry." she answered. "What are you doing here?" she returned the question. "You're supposed to get your food, not stare blankly at the floor. It won't make your tummy full and I bet the floor doesn't taste that good." she replied jokingly, trying to lift up Mingyu's mood and she was quite successful at that as a small smiled made its way on Mingyu's face.

 

"I think so too. But I lost my appetite." he admitted. Being humiliated in front of his crush was enough to make him lose his appetite.

 

Before Tzuyu could respond, the rest of Mingyu's friends finished getting food and went back to their respective places. Seokmin, Soonyoung, Minghao and Jihoon sat around the small table at the center and went back to their positions earlier. Dahyun, Seungkwan and Hansol sat just beside them, Jun and Sana occupied the bean bags on the floor and Wonwoo and Mina sat beside Mingyu on the sofa. Mingyu had to move a bit to Tzuyu's side to make space for Mina and Wonwoo and when his arm brushed against her arm, he felt electricity running through his spine and he felt his cheeks grow hot. He had to shake his head and tell himself to relax and not be obvious.

 

"Hey Tzuyu, how old are you?" Soonyoung asked.

 

"I was born in 1999." she replied.

 

"Oh, so you're younger than all of us here." Seokmin said.

 

"But you're taller than me! No fair!" Dahyun complained jokingly.

 

"And prettier than you too." Hansol muttered but Dahyun still heard it. He expected to get a retort or a hit from Dahyun but he was suprised that he didn't. She didn't hit him nor screamed at him. She just stared at him and he felt a pang of guilt in his heart when he saw her eyes. She was giving him a look that he hasn't seen before. She looked kind of hurt and dejected but before Hansol could stare any further, she quickly broke their eye contact and stared at the ground. Hansol felt something inside him. He felt sad but he quickly brushed it off and looked away from Dahyun.

 

"So why did you transfer here in Korea?" Minghao asked before stuffing himself with Xiao Long Bao.

 

"My father got transfered here so my mom and I had no choice but to also migrate here." she answered.

 

"Until when are you going to stay here?" Jun asked this time. The question got MIngyu's attention and his ears perked up as he tried to listen carefully to Tzuyu's answer.

 

"I don't know. We might stay for years but we might also just stay here for months. It really depends on my father's work." she replied. Mingyu's heart sank at the knowledge of Tzuyu going back to Taiwan anytime. "But I like it here. I like the food here, there are a lot of beautiful places around and I've met a few awesome people too." she said and Mingyu felt his heart jump when Tzuyu looked at him and smiled.

 

"Well I'm glad you're getting by well. You can hangout with us if you want to." Sana said, sincerity laced in her words.

 

"Yes and you can eat lunch at school with us too!" Dahyun said excitedly.

 

Hansol's earlier guilt immediately disappeared at the sight of Dahyun's smile. "Who would want to eat lunch with you?" he said in a teasing way but was taken aback again when Dahyun didn't even bat an eyelash at him and ignored him like he was invisible. He was embarrassed but was mostly shocked at his friend's actions. Nobody noticed that except for Seungkwan but he said nothing about it.

 

"Oh hey, Tzuyu, we're going on an overnight trip next week, would you like to come with us?" Soonyoung invited.

 

"Yeah! We're going to Jeju! Come with us!" Seokmin urged.

 

"I'd like to but are you guys sure its okay for me to come?" she asked hesitantly.

 

Wonwoo glanced at his best friend who was fiddling with his fingers nervously and he couldn't help but smile at his cuteness. Mingyu certainly want Tzuyu to come with them but he couldn't invite her out loud because he was shy. So because he's a good best friend, Wonwoo took the initiative of asking his best friend's Princess Charming to go with them. "Of course. My sister's the one hosting the trip so if I say you could come, then you can." Wonwoo assured.

 

"Okay. I'll come with you guys then." she answered shyly.

 

"Nice!" Dahyun exclaimed. "At last I'd have someone to talk to who is not a male, aside from Mina unni and Sana unni." she said as she ran towards Tzuyu and hugged her. "You'll be my girl best friend from now on!" she declared, gaining  a giggle from the taller girl.

 

"Sure. I'd love that." Tzuyu agreed, smiling widely as she hugged Dahyun back. Mingyu watched the scene with a smile on his face. It makes him happy to see his cousin and his crush getting along well so quickly.

 

"So are you excited to spend next week's trip with Princess Charming?" Mingyu flinched when he suddenly heard Wonwoo's voice whispering in his ear. The thought of spending the trip with Tzuyu sent a quick surge of heat through his veins and he felt his face growing hot. His ears and cheeks were suddenly tinted with a light shade of pink.

 

"I'm not." Mingyu denied. He tried to avoid Wonwoo's stare and mindlessly grabbed a dumpling from one of the cartons on the table and started munching on it.

 

"Just a little reminder though, Mingyu. We're going to Jeju. Jeju means beach. Beach means I get to see my lovely baby Mina wearing a two-piece bikini." he said quietly, while smirking.

 

The dumpling didn't even get to go through Mingyu's throat because it flew out of Mingyu's mouth when Wonwoo whispered something to his ear again.

 

 "So, are you ready to see your Princess Charming wearing a bikini too?"

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - -

[A/N]: Okay, first of all, I'm sorry. I know it has been a while since my last update but I can explain. You see, after I published Chapter 4, Christmas break started and my family went out of town so I had no access whatsoever to the internet. We went back home on the 30th of December and then something terrible happened. My grandfather died on New Year's Eve and so we spent the first day of 2016 at his funeral. I totally forgot about this fanfic for a while because I was so busy with my grandpa's funeral. Few days after his burial, I remembered that I needed to update this but before I knew it, Christmas break has ended and I've been so busy with school I hardly have the time to write. So yeah, I'm very sorry for the very late update.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. This doesn't contain lots of Mingyu x Tzuyu moments because I wanted Tzuyu to meet Mingyu's friends first before anything else. So yeah, their Jeju trip will be in the next chapter so please wait for that and expect a lot of happenings there. Also I want to say that I have nothing against gays and halfies. I'm sorry if I ever offended anyone. I love you all! Oh and I haven't edited this yet. Sorry for the typos and all. Thank you for all the votes and comments and subscriptions. You make me so happy guys!

Lastly, Happy New Year everyone!

 

PS. These two tho. OMG! lol

 

Okay bye!